The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
IMDB Synopsis:
Katniss and Peeta are dethroned from their respective victory riches and are put back into the arena for the most climatic and menacing of the Hunger Games, known as the Quarter Quell.

http://cdn02.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/22/Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire1.jpg

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Donald Sutherland & Jenna Malone.

jyPnQw_Lqds

steverules_2
Battle Royale 2 you say? Hmmm interesting

Kazenji
Most likely staying away from this one, Didn't even go near the first one.

steverules_2
I watched it out of interest to see what the hype was about, my friend thought it was amazing like basically everyone else and all I saw was a rip off of another movie erm I literally do not get why people think this so amazing

marwash22
i liked the first movie, but it wasn't nearly as good as it was hyped to be; but to be fair, the movie came on the heels of the Twilight franchise.

steverules_2
Eugh, don't remind me of that, I watched the first movie to see what the hype was for that and I got sparkly vampires...

BruceSkywalker
loved the first one.. looking forward to seeing this ...

siriuswriter
The pace was too slow in the first movie - while the "Game" is much more exciting in Catching Fire, I'll probably wait, or maybe go when someone else is treating.

I mean, The Hunger Games is on instant netflix : which is the ultimate sub-basement for movies that are new out.

IamEvangeline
This sound like it is to just be a repeat of the first storyline, I haven't read the books though.

quanchi112
The first one was good so I expect this one to be as well.

stefenspark
I like the first movie.

Robtard
First one was pretty boring overall, did nothing special or unique, though good compared to the other films in the teen-angst movie genre.

This one looks more of the same, they have to fight yet again and only one can survive. *Shocking*

siriuswriter
Robtard - sure, that's what should happen, in theory... but let's just say that Katniss's trick with the berries has made a lot of people mad, and by mad, I mean lethal. The Games can never be the same after there were two victors... so if the island was manic before, it's totally bi-polar times ten in the second.

ares834
Bumping this.

I wasn't a fan of the first one, but Catching Fire was awesome. Best movie of the year IMO.

Tzeentch
It was pretty damn good.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Darth Martin
Dope movie. Much better than the first one. Was really surprised with this.

Good example of a blockbuster living up to the hype.

BruceSkywalker
seen it and liked it a lot

zeel
Originally posted by steverules_2
I watched it out of interest to see what the hype was about, my friend thought it was amazing like basically everyone else and all I saw was a rip off of another movie erm I literally do not get why people think this so amazing

These types of movies attract the "Walking Hormones" or teenagers if you will.

Its kinda sad but when you think about it if someone asked you what this movie was about, I could reply, Kids killing kids. And yet its made 700 million in under 3 weeks.

zeel
Originally posted by steverules_2

These types of movies attract the "Walking Hormones" or teenagers if you will.

COG Veteran
Kicked Ass

JohnnyChip
More exciting than the first in my opinion. Glad my girlfriend dragged me to see it.

Cat Lady
I also enjoyed it much better than the 1st one.

flipperflip
went to see it just because i already saw part one. now most likely going to see the final movie since i already seen part two haha

Cinemaholic
Originally posted by flipperflip
went to see it just because i already saw part one. now most likely going to see the final movie since i already seen part two haha Good choice. I think Mockinjay is going to be the best one yet.

Arachnid1
I just saw this. It ended up being 1000 times better that I thought it would be. I was impressed. I'm actually looking forward to the next one now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.