Girl the Wilds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

socool8520
I found this manga to be a nice change of pace where females are actually kick-ass. The story is about a boy who earns a scholarship to a previously all girl high school. This particular high hosts a sort of UFC for high-schooler's tournament so several of the girls in the school are Martial Artists. The boy struggles with raising his two toddler siblings on his own, going to school, and working a part time job, on top of beating bullied. Things change when a few girls from the school take interest in him.

The Manga has a pretty interesting story, great artwork, and nice fights.

dadudemon
Keep seeing it pop up on Mangahere...looks like another ecchi harem manga so I didn't read it.

socool8520
Nah...It's more about martial arts. The main character is the typical chump male lead, but is quickly becoming strong. There isn't any nudity and the flirtation isn't any worse than Kenichi. Hell, at least the clothing stay's on in this manga. lol

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
Nah...It's more about martial arts. The main character is the typical chump male lead, but is quickly becoming strong. There isn't any nudity and the flirtation isn't any worse than Kenichi. Hell, at least the clothing stay's on in this manga. lol What a disappointment. lol!

danteiscool
while you may be disappointed by the apparent lack of fanservice, I read it too and I agree with SoCool8520; it is a good manga/manwha.

socool8520
Originally posted by dadudemon
What a disappointment. lol!

Sorry. lol

socool8520
Originally posted by danteiscool
while you may be disappointed by the apparent lack of fanservice, I read it too and I agree with SoCool8520; it is a good manga/manwha.

I really can't decide which girl I like better. The three main girls are all likeable in their own way. And....they kick ass.

thanos-prime
Dal Dal is easily my favorite.

socool8520
^ She's pretty spunky. lol I like her style. But I kinda like the Boxer's drive/spirit, and the Queen's indirect niceness/vulnerable side.

thanos-prime
yeah their pretty cool but the only reason i even read it anymore is for Dal Dal. Nothing about it really interests me it seems to have lost the emotion from the beginning of the series.

socool8520
Well, I kinda think it's geared more towards how the lead male and the three girls interact now. There's really not much they can do story wise since this is pretty much fight time. I think the character development will jump back up once we see who wins this bout since one of the girls will have to lose.

thanos-prime
Maybe, i guess we'll see when one of them wins.

socool8520
I look forward to it. I also am curious to see what the mafia kid decides to do. He has a plan to destroy the girls, but he doesn't look like he has trained since his spankin. lol

thanos-prime
The mafia stuff never really interested me, on the other hand the stuff about jaegu's mother interests me very much.

socool8520
The abandonment thing? Yeah, it was a cold move. I'm sure she'll show back up sometime. That will probably be some great chapters story wise.

thanos-prime
I only hope they don't go the typical route of her having some reason for leaving everyone cries and hugs and all is forgiven.

socool8520
I agree. It was a horrible thing to do to your children. I understand her pain, but leaving her children the way she did was unforgivable imo.

danteiscool
big time. if or when his mother ever shows up, I hope the author does the rigth thing and make her work her ass to try and get back in her son's good graces. as for the current fight going on... you think the author will make it end in a tie? because so far, both girls pretty evenly matched.

thanos-prime
She should never be able to get back in her sons good graces, what she did was far too coldblooded for that.

socool8520
Originally posted by danteiscool
\as for the current fight going on... you think the author will make it end in a tie? because so far, both girls pretty evenly matched.

IDK, I think there has to be a winner but a tie isn't that low of a probability imo. I would like there to be a winner though. The boxer has put in a lot of effort in training so i wouldn't be surprised if she won. Dal Dal was mostly loafing around and trying to win over Jae Gu

danteiscool
yeah, that is true. Dal Dal has always struck me as the kind of fighter to take great pride in her fighting ability to the point of danger like right now. though from the looks of things, if the boxer girl (Sunbae I believe she is called, or am i getting that wrong?) does win, it's going ot be a close win.

socool8520
It will definitely be close either way. I thought sunbae was like a familiar term. I could be wrong though. Korean names are hard to remember.

danteiscool
indeed they are hard to remember. hell, I can't even remember Queen's real name.

socool8520
^ Me neither. lol They hardly ever use it though iirc. Besides, I'm reading so many manga simultaneously, it's hard for me to remember names. Especially if they are Korean. lol Which is sad really since the names usually sound pretty cool.

SevenShackles
It is a great read, honestly other than a few other titles it's really the only thing that's caught my interest as far as manga/Manhwa go.

socool8520
^ I'm always on the lookout for great martial arts mangas. It's typically the only type I read.

danteiscool
mhm, same here, though I'll read anything that catches my eyes. and like you, socool8520, I tend to get names mixed up or confused a lot since I read so many mangas/manhwas.

thanos-prime
Martial arts is generally my favorite but i read anything that interests me. im sure i could recommend some if you'd like.

danteiscool
mmm, maybe one or two. given how many I am currently reading, I don't want to get interested in more than I can handle.

thanos-prime
Ones i would recommend-

Shamo
Xblade
Gekiryuuchi(Very good)
Feng Shen Ji(Very Very good)
Samurai deeper kyo
Riki-Oh
Aiki(one of the best)
Change guy(really good)
Tough
All-rounder meguru( mma manga)
Zen Martial Arts Academy

These are all good, could probably come up with more if you want.

danteiscool
hmm, I see. I actually have read SDK. now that was an awesome manga.

vansonbee
The fights getting good and the comical routine of the white hair dude going stale for me. I am looking forward to the red hair gal who fought queen go against Moon or Dal Dal. I prefer Moon, because kick boxing and boxing are similar and in this match against Dal Dal, Moon using other moves that illegal in boxing.

socool8520
I wanna see the queen wreck this red haired chick instead of rolling over for her. At least make it a good fight.

danteiscool
same here. red head chick is unbelievably arrogant and ignorant though. same could be said for that red haired punk too.

vansonbee
I can see you guys totally blaming the red hair girl for her so called arrogant, when it is the Queen who is arrogant for accepting the match. LOL

danteiscool
well, yeah Queen is arrogant too. in fact, just about all of the major fighters in the series are arrogant in one way or another, but it's the two readheads that stand out the most in that the girl had already gotten thoroughly beaten by Queen before and the guy had yet to just leave Jae Gu alone despite knowing that pushing him will most likely cause Jae Gu to snap and beat his ass.

socool8520
Originally posted by vansonbee
I can see you guys totally blaming the red hair girl for her so called arrogant, when it is the Queen who is arrogant for accepting the match. LOL

I'm not blaming her for being arrogant, since you're right, they all are. The thing is this red haired chick just won't leave Queen alone. I mean calling her out when she just chilling on a bench. Wait til she's in the ring, or somewhere where fights are expected. Red haired chick is being a douche, and now she has to deal with the consequences.

danteiscool
she IS dealing with the consequences now. even when Queen gave her some free hits, she still got her ass handed to her in addition to showing us readers that she clearly doesn't understand that the Queen's life isn't exactly all it's cranked up to be. after all, who wants to be going to meetings and shit like that for days on end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.