Daken vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1.H2H
2.Both use full powers & abilities no BFR
3.The above with BFR on

Who wins this?

StiltmanFTW
Daken.

- pheromones work on Venom

- so do nerve strikes and claws

PS. Daken's gonna be Apoc's new Horseman.

Damborgson
Stilt, when did Daken die?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
Stilt, when did Daken die?

In Remender's Uncanny X-Force #34.

Damborgson
who did him in?

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine. He stopped holding back and drowned him.

StiltmanFTW
Btw, not long before that Wolverine was about to drown Romulus, too - but either it didn't work or he spared him for some unknown reason, because Romulus got delivered to the Raft prison.

Loeb...

Sin I AM
which venom

juggernaut74
Gargan Venom tooled Daken........

tkitna
Venom should never lose to Daken, regardless of who it is.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Gargan Venom tooled Daken........

Bfr. That was one of the very few good showings he had in his entire career and you know this. Plus the writer had no idea about Daken - even though he actually had muramasa claws during that time, he had bone claws in that book. Doppelganger perhaps? He wasn't using pheromones, either.

In Dark Wolverine Daken made him choke with a single nerve chop... and discredited him as a threat. Fooled him with pheromones in another arc, too.

Damborgson
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

k, Thanks thumb up

Btw, not long before that Wolverine was about to drown Romulus, too - but either it didn't work or he spared him for some unknown reason, because Romulus got delivered to the Raft prison.

Loeb...

That's dumb erm Holds back on Romulus but not Daken?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Venom should never lose to Daken, regardless of who it is.

Gargan's list of embarrassing defeats is impressive even by Rhino's standards.

But we're supposed to use Flash here, I guess.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
k, Thanks thumb up

That's dumb erm Holds back on Romulus but not Daken?

You're welcome.

Exactly. I guess Loeb didn't want to kill his creation. It was a poorly written story overall, there was no decent explanation for Sabretooth's "return" other than what most of us already suspected - that Logan killed a clone. But what the real Sabes was doing while hiding? Playing chess? Posting on KMC? And why Logan encountered 'Tooth's mere clone in hell? We'll never know.

Raisen
Bfr. That was one of the very few good showings he had in his entire career and you know this. Plus the writer had no idea about Daken - even though he actually had muramasa claws during that time, he had bone claws in that book. Doppelganger perhaps? He wasn't using pheromones, either.

In Dark Wolverine Daken made him choke with a single nerve chop... and discredited him as a threat. Fooled him with pheromones in another arc, too.

So you're picking the feat that makes Wolverine look better via Wolvie's son?
Why not choose Daken's low showing rather than high? Preference?

There is no way Venom should lose to Daken

Flyattractor
Does daken have the MummyRas blades?

Would they even do anything to a symbiote?

cdtm

Daken went out with a whimper, eh? sad

And I thought Daken was about as immortal as his father. Same healing factor, right?

cdtm
nt

Khazra Reborn
Definitely Venom.

SamZED
Venom rapes him and Daken will love it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Raisen
So you're picking the feat that makes Wolverine look better via Wolvie's son?
Why not choose Daken's low showing rather than high? Preference?

There is no way Venom should lose to Daken

Look, just stop if you have no idea what you're talking about. You didn't even read those books.

Venom with Gargan as a host was one of the biggest jobbers in the MU. Common knowledge for everyone that bothered to skim through recent Marvel events.

Like I said already, in the Sinister Spider-Man fight Daken was missing magic claws and not using his trademark power. Writer clearly didn't read up on him, therefore I feel more than comfortable to ignore that showing. The mini was not intended to be taken seriously anyway. Bullseye throwing a poodle and wounding Gargan's eye is a perfect example why.

There are many ways since days of badass Brock are long gone. And even Eddie wasn't unbeatable, tbh.

Originally posted by cdtm
Daken went out with a whimper, eh? sad

And I thought Daken was about as immortal as his father. Same healing factor, right?

According to at least one handbook his HF is inferior (which would make sense since he didn't have nearly as much time to properly develop it). But we know it all depends on the writer anyway, if the drowning should work or not, I mean.

cdtm
Has Logan ever been drowned before? He needs to breath, right?

I know Deadpool tried it on him, before Daken went and ruined everything out of spite. But I just assumed drowning him would effectively put him in a catetonic state, which he'd recover from in an oxygenated environment... I mean, these healing factor mutants recover from bullets in the brain and losing 100% of their tissue, leaving only a skeleton, so what's a little drowning?

StiltmanFTW
Has Logan ever been drowned before? He needs to breath, right?

I know Deadpool tried it on him, before Daken went and ruined everything out of spite. But I just assumed drowning him would effectively put him in a catetonic state, which he'd recover from in an oxygenated environment... I mean, these healing factor mutants recover from bullets in the brain and losing 100% of their tissue, leaving only a skeleton, so what's a little drowning?

Yes, he does. But is it a sure-fire way to kill him for good? I'd say no.

Daken didn't want to ruin it, in fact he was the one that actually pulled the lever. Wade shouldn't have just used those grenades on him, but I'm getting off-topic.

Tiger Shark tried to drown him and Logan wondered if the HF would just prolong the agony. In Aaron's Weapon X series he mentioned something about being afraid of the sea and that drowning could kill him. Ultimate Sabretooth tried to end the ult. version of him that way, etc.

But then there's the Classic X-Men issue in which Sabes tore out Logan's throat and tossed him into a river... after recovering and getting on a ship, Logan stated that he should've suffocated, but his HF works faster when it has to.

--
It all depends on the writer in the end. Recently Bunn had Logan missing some memories after suffering a brain trauma at the hands of Dr. Rot... even though there are plenty of examples when he "regenerated" memories without trouble.

SamZED
Look, just stop if you have no idea what you're talking about. You didn't even read those books.

Venom with Gargan as a host was one of the biggest jobbers in the MU. Common knowledge for everyone that bothered to skim through recent Marvel events.

Like I said already, in the Sinister Spider-Man fight Daken was missing magic claws and not using his trademark power. Writer clearly didn't read up on him, therefore I feel more than comfortable to ignore that showing. The mini was not intended to be taken seriously anyway. Bullseye throwing a poodle and wounding Gargan's eye is a perfect example why.

There are many ways since days of badass Brock are long gone. And even Eddie wasn't unbeatable, tbh.

According to at least one handbook his HF is inferior (which would make sense since he didn't have nearly as much time to properly develop it). But we know it all depends on the writer anyway, if the drowning should work or not, I mean. Tbf Daken never uses his trademark powers. Like ever. Well maybe in 1% of his appearances. As for the claws it's more of an artists mistake and doesn't indicate writers lack of knowledge. But that issue really was horrible, agreed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Tbf Daken never uses his trademark powers. Like ever. Well maybe in 1% of his appearances. As for the claws it's more of an artists mistake and doesn't indicate writers lack of knowledge. But that issue really was horrible, agreed.

No, Sam. He does.

And way more often than for example Thor's Soulsuck/Godblast/Shit-ray... Super Skrull's hypnosis/anti-matter blast... Superman's TVO... Ms. Marvel's Seventh Sense or Stark's pulse bolts arguably, etc. Most of which are used frequently on comic book boards.

You realize Gargan wouldn't recover from a muramasa claws strike? Certainly not that fast anyway? Reed didn't do his research on Daken, period.

cdtm
Yeah, the muramasa even stopped Deadpool from regenerating his arm, and nearly killed Skaar (In one of my favorite clashes ever. Lil' Hulk vs Lil' Wolverine, essentially, with their old men looking on in horror at a reenactment of the fights they used to have all the time. And also one of my favorite portrayals of Daken, and really one of the few I actually liked him in.)

SamZED
Daken didn't have the claws when he fought Deadpool, it was Way's poor writing that prevented him from regenerating.

No, Sam. He does.

And way more often than for example Thor's Soulsuck/Godblast/Shit-ray... Super Skrull's hypnosis/anti-matter blast... Superman's TVO... Ms. Marvel's Seventh Sense or Stark's pulse bolts arguably, etc. Most of which are used frequently on comic book boards.

You realize Gargan wouldn't recover from a muramasa claws strike? Certainly not that fast anyway? Reed didn't do his research on Daken, period. All the characters you've mentioned have wide variety of powers so it makes sense that they don't use some of them. Pheromones is Daken's only power beside stabbing and healing. And when he started out he was using them all the time then stopped, heck at some point I thought he lost it or that it got retconned or something.

Muramasa claws won't stop the symbiote from regenerating hosts body. What are they supposed to do, cancel it's healing abilities by injuring the black goo? Doubt that.

cdtm
Originally posted by SamZED
Daken didn't have the claws when he fought Deadpool, it was Way's poor writing that prevented him from regenerating.

That is bad writing, if that's the case. Deadpool said it stung, too.. He almost NEVER shows pain sad

SamZED
That is bad writing, if that's the case. Deadpool said it stung, too.. He almost NEVER shows pain sad Exactly. Way's 'pool is always out of character and that was Way's first attempt at writing him. As a result we got extra voices and "pool-o-vision".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.