Team Avengers VS Team X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
X-men=
Cyclops+++++Nightcrawler+++++Wolverine

VS

Avengers=
Captain America++++Hawkeye+++++Ironman

Fight takes place in a rain forest. The X-men have full use of their powers of course and are outfitted in moderate armor. However, each member has access to an emp grenade.

Captain America has his shield, two stun grenades and a flashbang grenade. Iron Man is using his Mark VII armor. Hawkeye, limited armor, three quivers (20) full of arrows, two regular, one explosive. He also has two smoke grenades and two frag.

fight to the death or knockout

who wins?

steverules_2
Iron man solo's

KingD19
A blast from Cyclops will have Iron Man on the ropes, and Logan can definitely cut through him, as well as being able to block his repulsors.

Silent Master
LOL!!!!!

KingD19
So Logan didn't block the optic beams from Deadpool in Origins?

And those same optic beams didn't tear through buildings like paper?

Silent Master
Yea...because Tony's armor is only as strong as a building.

KingD19
It can take a lot of damage, but he gets banged around inside. And Scott's beams definitely do an incredible amount of damage per hit. Just a few could totally compromise the armor if they're focused.

Silent Master
Yes, he was remarkably banged up when he was hit by a tank shell and crashed into the ground hard enough to make a crater or the time he was hit several times by multi-ton turbine blades.

But I'm sure that he'll just stand there and wait for their attacks to start hurting him, instead of dodging, flying or using his own ranged attacks.

Placidity
Nightcrawler teleports IM into Wolverine's claws.

Silent Master
Because Iron-man is just going to stand there and let him, right?

KingD19
Iron Man isn't fast enough to dodge NC's teleportation, which literally slows time to a crawl in his perception when he's rapid-fire porting.

And Iron Man dodging Cyke's beam may happen a few times, but Cyke can spam them, and has the option of wide area fire.

BruceSkywalker
Iron Man solos.. even if cap and barton help, Cao can block Cyke's blasts and then barton can use his arrows..

Silent Master
Right, so Iron-man, the guy with radar, the ability to fly mach+ and who has computer targeting is just going to stand in front of the X-men and wait for them to attack.

Also; Steve and Clint are just going to stand there while the X-men triple team Tony.

KingD19
What evidence is there he can block Cyclop's eyebeams?

Silent Master
You mean besides the shield blocking a charged strike from Thor's hammer that destroyed a decent area of the woods they were in?

KingD19
I misread. I thought he said Iron Man could block them.

Even still, after he blocks a shot or two, Cyclops can just widen the beam, at it's maximum it's enough to envelop an entire area.

And between NC and Wolverine, Bart and Cap go down.

While Cyclops just spam blasts IM.

Silent Master
Right, while the Avengers just stand there and use none of their ranged weapons/explosives or fly etc etc etc.

KingD19
You're acting like all the X-Men will stand still.

NC is arguably bullet timer even without teleportation, with it, no one would touch him.

Logan can tank just about anything.

And Cyke can literally blast everyone on the team. IM isn't just gonna wade through it, Barton has no defense, etc..

You're underestimating the X-Men.

Silent Master
Nightcrawler has zero means of beating Tony, Wolverine has been knocked out multiple times by less damage than the Avengers can dish out given their weapons and you have yet to prove that Cyclops can damage Tony's armor enough to beat him.

IOW, Iron-man solos.

The Fat Rambo
Hit Girl rapes.

Silent Master
Do the X-men in this thread even have feats of damaging something with the durability of Iron-man's armor?

FrothByte
Nightcrawler is the ace in the Xmen team. Wolverine can be knocked out by one of Hawkeye's exploding arrows. Cyclops has powerful blasts, but it won't get through Cap's shield and last time I checked, he wasn't exactly such a great h2h fighter. Once someone gets close to him he's out.

Nightcrawler on the other hand, I can't see how the others can knock him out. Then again, I can't see him doing anything to IM either. Hawkeye he can take out. Cap he'll have trouble with due to superior reflexes... but still possible. IM... what's he gonna do?

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte
Cap he'll have trouble with due to superior reflexes... but still possible.

Cap doesn't have superior reflexes.

NC can teleport all of them into the ground.

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do the X-men in this thread even have feats of damaging something with the durability of Iron-man's armor?

Adamantium can cut through anything, so Logan can pierce it. The armor isn't that thick, and he knocked out Blob with an elbow, who previously blocked a tank shell point blank with his hand.

There's also the fact that he blocked Deadpool's optic beams with his claws, which shows he's fast enough to block repulsors(at least once or twice in rapid succesion), and he can block concussive energy with his claws.

Cyclops punched a huge hole in a building when Toad ripped his visor off. With a tight beam he punched a blast door that was several inches(maybe a foot) thick and probably made of steel or something similar.

Knocked it out of the frame and nearly crumpled it, while knocking it across a room. Blasted Sabretooth out of the Statue of Liberty through the stone and metal work, dozens of feet before he closed his eyes.

His blast nearly overloaded Jean(forcing her to go Phoenix), and the result caused the entire dam to collapse after some time. He also blasted a humvee across that same room, demolishing it.

His beams are also hot enough to melt stone and metal, shown in Origins when he punched through a stone ceiling, and demolish half of a school.

Deadpool's beams also tore through a nuclear reactor(which was dozens of feet of concrete and steel) like butter and superheated Logan's claws to the point they were glowing. Beams are too fast for Hawkeye to dodge, and too fast for Cap to dodge based on what he's shown so far. Even IM would have trouble dodging, and Cyke can just move his head back and forth. And considering Chitauri blasters damaged Iron Man pretty good, to say Cyke's cant is you trying to downplay him.

Kurt can't hurt him, but he's more than fast enough and strong enough to hurt Cap and Hawkeye. Considering he was sending fully grown men flying across the oval office with punches and kicks, and was moving so fast they were in slow motion.

Nightcrawler is the ace in the Xmen team. Wolverine can be knocked out by one of Hawkeye's exploding arrows. Cyclops has powerful blasts, but it won't get through Cap's shield and last time I checked, he wasn't exactly such a great h2h fighter. Once someone gets close to him he's out.

Nightcrawler on the other hand, I can't see how the others can knock him out. Then again, I can't see him doing anything to IM either. Hawkeye he can take out. Cap he'll have trouble with due to superior reflexes... but still possible. IM... what's he gonna do?

Hawkeye has 1(maybe 2) exploding arrow(s), and Logan has dealt with Gambit's explosions just fine. And as I said, Cyke doesn't have to get through Cap's shield, he can just blast around it. Or blast the ground in front of him. And H2H he's a pretty good fighter, but he didn't get to display it much. He's not on Cap's level, but Hawkeye wouldn't just take him down right away.

And NC is far superior to Cap in terms of speed and reaction time, and comparable in strength. Logan and Cyke can take down IM though.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Placidity
Cap doesn't have superior reflexes.

NC can teleport all of them into the ground.

He needs to be able to see where he's teleporting so that he can teleport, in X2 he got lucky that he managed to teleport him and Storm into the fake cerebro room with Xavier and I think it took a lot out of him so I don't think he'll be teleporting anyone into the ground

KingD19
He can port them into a tree.

Placidity
Originally posted by steverules_2
He needs to be able to see where he's teleporting so that he can teleport, in X2 he got lucky that he managed to teleport him and Storm into the fake cerebro room with Xavier and I think it took a lot out of him so I don't think he'll be teleporting anyone into the ground

I don't see how that shows he can't teleport someone into the ground. I'm not being sarcastic, I don't see your argument anywhere in there.

NC teleports to the space just in front of the ground/wall/tree. The person he is holding in front of him will be displaced into the object.

-Pr-
If the X-Men were written even close to their comic counterparts in skill or power, I'd back them all of the way.

I just don't see the movie versions putting down Tony, tbh. And Hawkeye has a massive range/accuracy advantage.

KingD19
You don't think Cyclop's blasts would eventually punch a hole in Tony's armor or shut it down? And Logan could definitely cleave into it if he got close.

Placidity
Originally posted by -Pr-
And Hawkeye has a massive range/accuracy advantage.

http://gifs.gifmania.hk/Animated-Gifs-X-Men/Animations-Magneto/magneto11.gif http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv148/splitterherz/Marvel%20Animated%20Gifs/Avengers/Hawkeye.gifhttp://mescollectionsmarvel.free.fr/Images/Gif%20sympa/cyclope/cyclope-7.gif

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/aXM_WolverineAni.gif

Magneto is in there just cause.

Placidity
Cyclops has powerful blasts, but it won't get through Cap's shield

LMAO, I swear I was just browsing random non-comic-related pictures when I stumbled on this:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2012/11/30/13/anigif_enhanced-buzz-31963-1354299284-1.gif

juggerman
If the X-Men were written even close to their comic counterparts in skill or power, I'd back them all of the way.

Even after....... AVENGERS VS X-MEN???!!!

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19
Snip

What feats do these X-men have of damaging something as durable as Iron-man's armror?

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
What feats do these X-men have of damaging something as durable as Iron-man's armror?

Considering Chitauri blasters were damaging his armor, and they did far less damage than one of Scott's beams, he can damage the armor. Simple.

And Wolverine can cut through anything. It might take some doing, but Iron Man won't be the exception since his armor doesn't have shields.

Those two can put the hurt on Iron Man.

Silent Master
Considering the stuff we saw his armor take; IE the tank shell, hits from Thor's hammer, the shockwave that was uprooting trees, multi-ton turbine blades etc....either their blasts were very powerful or it's PIS.

And where is it stated that movie Wolverine can cut through anything?

KingD19
Regardless of what it is, Chitauri blasts did damage to the armor, and if you compare Cyclop's blast to a Chitauri blast, his does more damage. So yes, he'd be able to damage the armor.

I believe it was stated in Origins, and I think it was stated by Magneto at least once. But come on man, you're really going to try and downplay Adamantium when we all know it's indestructible and can cut through just about anything?

Silent Master
How about we compare his blasts to everything that Tony's armor was able to withstand?

We go by feats on this board and movie Wolverine has zero feats of damaging anything with Iron-man's level durability.

KingD19
How about we compare his blasts to the things that were able to damage the armor. Because that's how comparisons are made. If I see a bullet go through armor plating, I know in comparison it'll go through a person. Chitauri blasts hurt Iron Man. And Scott's blasts comparatively are much more powerful and damaging. So he can hurt Iron Man.

And you're really going to argue Wolverine can't cut Iron Man? In that same universe, Adamantium is known to be indestructible and cut through anything. IM's armor isn't that thick, Logan can cut through it. It probably won't be like a hot knife through butter, but to say he outright can't is just wrong.

Silent Master
Their blasts were barely damaging cars and all the feats I listed for Tony's armor durability are far more impressive than that, which makes them doing any damage to him an extremely low showing and we don't argue based on low showings.

We go by feats on this board and movie Wolverine has zero feats of damaging anything with Iron-man's level durability.

-Pr-
In the comics, Cyclops would smoke Hawkeye. In the movies, though, Hawkeye has far better accuracy/range feats than that nerfed Cyclops we got from Singer.

Silent Master
In the comics, Cyclops would smoke Hawkeye. In the movies, though, Hawkeye has far better accuracy/range feats than that nerfed Cyclops we got from Singer.

Apparently is doesn't matter, going by the last several posts we seem to only be allowed to use low showings for the Avengers, while high-end feats are used for the X-men.

KingD19
Going by your last couple posts, you seem to think the X-Men's feats don't count for anything, and Iron Man is invincible, despite him getting hurt by far less force and heat than Scott can generate in all 3 movies he's been in.

Silent Master
Incorrect, I listed multiple durability feats for Iron-man that trump the blasters, that means the blaster feat isn't his average.

-Pr-
Going by your last couple posts, you seem to think the X-Men's feats don't count for anything, and Iron Man is invincible, despite him getting hurt by far less force and heat than Scott can generate in all 3 movies he's been in.

We didn't really see how much force Cyclops can muster, tbh. His blasts were never really shown at anything close to full power.

All we got was that statement from Jean about him punching a hole through a mountain in a deleted scene.

KingD19
We didn't really see how much force Cyclops can muster, tbh. His blasts were never really shown at anything close to full power.

All we got was that statement from Jean about him punching a hole through a mountain in a deleted scene.

I put together a list of the stuff he pulled off, and as a kid in Origins he was punching through dozens of feet of stone and metal, and melting it at the same time. He pushed Jean's shields so hard she had to go Phoenix. He punched Sabretooth through the statue of liberty. He punched holes in entire buildings, etc...

-Pr-
I put together a list of the stuff he pulled off, and as a kid in Origins he was punching through dozens of feet of stone and metal, and melting it at the same time. He pushed Jean's shields so hard she had to go Phoenix. He punched Sabretooth through the statue of liberty. He punched holes in entire buildings, etc...

Oh, we're including that pile of shite?

Placidity
Er, did you forget you're in the movie vs forum Pr?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Placidity
Er, did you forget you're in the movie vs forum Pr?

No; I just think that "movie" should ever count in anything. Ever.

FrothByte
Yes Cyclops blasts can eventually damage IM's armor, but you have to consider that IM can knock out Cyclops with just one of his repulsor blasts.

Sure Wolverine's claws can slash through the armor, but how the hell is he going to hit IM if IM is flying around? Plus Logan has been proven to get knocked out by a single bullet to the head. Pretty sure any one of IM's or Hawkeye's explosives should knock him out.

Like I said before, it's Nightcrawler that they really need to be cautious about. He can take out Cap and Hawkeye if they aren't careful.

the ninjak
X-men win.

Nightcrawler is too much!

Especially after Scott just demolishes the rainforest with his visor off and does a 360 degree circle of the perimeter.
Besides that Logan can smell the team out whilst NC BAMFs any team member out of harm's way if necessary.

If Ironman blasts into the Xmen's area they have EMP grenades + NC can bamf Tony near his teammates and then he's screwed!

I believe this is the Xmen will win this.

jinXed by JaNx
I dont know, i think it comes down to Iron man Nightcrawler. Captain america would provide cover for hawkeye, As he finds the perfect shot to cykes jugular. As for Wolverine I'm sure cap and haweye could keep him busy enough whilst Nightcrawler battles Tony.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.