Arm vs legs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
The JLA hs decided to take some time off to relax. Hal decides to invite several of the League's allies and former members to participate in a baseball game. It's the bottom of the 9th and the score it tied. What happens when...

1. Flash(Wally) is pinch running on first base, Green lantern just hit a pop fly, which was caught by Superman. Flash tags up and decides to try and leg it out. Can Superman make the throw to the plate in time to get him out?

2. Flash(Wally) is threatening to steal second and a relief pitcher is called in. The choices are Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel. Who is the best choice to keep Flash from advancing? Or will he take the base?

3. The home team has Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, Supergirl, Superboy, Cyborg, Maxima, and Mon-El. The visiting team is just the Flash (Wally) playing every position. Who wins?

Stipulations: powers are obviously allowed, the field has been scaled up the bases are 100 miles apart and the out field (infield to center field wall) is the distance from the east coast to the west coast, no designated hitters.

Cogito
Originally posted by Brockalizer
The JLA hs decided to take some time off to relax. Hal decides to invite several of the League's allies and former members to participate in a baseball game. It's the bottom of the 9th and the score it tied. What happens when...

1. Flash(Wally) is pinch running on first base, Green lantern just hit a pop fly, which was caught by Superman. Flash tags up and decides to try and leg it out. Can Superman make the throw to the plate in time to get him out?

2. Flash(Wally) is threatening to steal second and a relief pitcher is called in. The choices are Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel. Who is the best choice to keep Flash from advancing? Or will he take the base?

3. The home team has Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, Supergirl, Superboy, Cyborg, Maxima, and Mon-El. The visiting team is just the Flash (Wally) playing every position. Who wins?

Stipulations: powers are obviously allowed, the field has been scaled up the bases are 100 miles apart and the out field (infield to center field wall) is the distance from the east coast to the west coast, no designated hitters.

1. Flash would make it home. Not only because he's fast enough, but also because if Superman tried to throw fast enough the ball would disintegrate.

2. Flash takes it no matter what. See #1

3. Home team wins. Both teams are fast enough to catch the ball the moment it connects with the bat. Therefore 3 outs would be achieved nearly instantly every inning, and the game would go into extra innings. Eventually, Wally would tire out and the home team would win.

KingD19
J'ohn keeps him from 2nd base. Read his mind and throw the ball before he moves.

Cogito
Originally posted by KingD19
J'ohn keeps him from 2nd base. Read his mind and throw the ball before he moves.

But in that situation Flash would have to be tagged by the ball. Simply throwing the ball to 2nd base would not suffice.

KingD19
Well I suppose we need to know who is on second.

Placidity
Manhunter has the best chance, he could probably kill Wally with telepathy, but then the momentum of Wally's corpse would probably still make it to the base.

Q99
Originally posted by Placidity
Manhunter has the best chance, he could probably kill Wally with telepathy, but then the momentum of Wally's corpse would probably still make it to the base.

Flash can go fast enough that Telepathy has reduced effect on him because he's going faster than the thought-waves. It's what he does against Grodd.

Cogito
Originally posted by Placidity

I thought we were playing baseball, and I'm pretty sure there's (perhaps unwritten) rules against murder.

LeonBuco666
1 an 2 wally takes it, and 3 home team wins

Brockalizer
Originally posted by KingD19
J'ohn keeps him from 2nd base. Read his mind and throw the ball before he moves. In this situation I agree with J'onn, but it isn't a force out situation so there would need to be a tag. He could possibly confuse Wally enough to make him over run the base or even run in the wrong direction.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
I thought we were playing baseball, and I'm pretty sure there's (perhaps unwritten) rules against murder. Maybe not in America, Japan might be different, they take their sports rather seriously over there. I'm sure there would be a sportsmanship issue though.

Brockalizer

3. Home team wins. Both teams are fast enough to catch the ball the moment it connects with the bat. Therefore 3 outs would be achieved nearly instantly every inning, and the game would go into extra innings. Eventually, Wally would tire out and the home team would win. I'm gonna have to disagree. If Flash keeps laying down bunts he could smoke the home team.

-Pr-
I don't know the first ****ing thing about baseball.

Cogito
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I'm gonna have to disagree. If Flash keeps laying down bunts he could smoke the home team.

Superman would catch the ball before it hit the ground.

LeonBuco666
Superman would catch the ball before it hit the ground. i dont know sh!t about baseball, but the flash is faster than supes, he'd catch the ball before........well i dont know a ****ing thing about baseball so....he'd throw some mud in the air then run across the mud and catch the ball wayyyyyyy before it gets close to the floor, saying that supes could fly...or supes barred from flying seeing as its more about running in baseball

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.