Thanos vs Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Standard Thanos no Hotu,IG, & CC

1. H2H
2. Both use full powers and abilties no BFR
3. THe above with BFR on

Who takes this?

Stoic
Wasn't this done a few weeks ago? I'm pretty sure Thanos wins.

LeonBuco666
This^ damn sure thanos wins

dynamix
lol! is this a serious matchup?? (i'm really not trying to be condescending!)

anyways, Thanos takes this convincingly, imo.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't this done a few weeks ago? I'm pretty sure Thanos wins.

Pretty sure too.

TheGodKiller
Spite Thread.

ozz81
Ok fair enuff wasn't it stated that no one can kill GR only God can or basically TOAA etc

TheGodKiller
^Biblical god. It's not even clear whether that is the actual TOAA who commands the LT or Marvel's version of Yahweh. The Ghost Riders were also being drained like juice bottles by a barely herald level archangel iirc in that arc.

Thanos spitestomps him to Death.

iscaremonkeys
wow. Anyway Thanos wins

Perceiver1
Penance stare?

Stoic
Originally posted by Perceiver1
Penance stare?

Won't work on the likes of Thanos, he's too strong. He may actually enjoy it tbh.

AlmightyKfish
Won't work on the likes of Thanos, he's too strong. He may actually enjoy it tbh.

Eh, I'd take issue with this as we've never seen any indication strength or power limits the PS.

But GR isn't going to have a chance to use it.

TheGodKiller
^We have. It doesn't work on the crazies and it doesn't work on those with no souls, and depending on the psychological framework of the victim, it can even backfire.

Thanos wins, each and every time.

yaadaveyaa
just curious i think thanos wins as well but if he has a soul GR can really take some wins

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
^We have. It doesn't work on the crazies and it doesn't work on those with no souls, and depending on the psychological framework of the victim, it can even backfire.

Thanos wins, each and every time.

Oh I know it has those limits, but I was specifically saying no-one has been immune due to being too powerful.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
just curious i think thanos wins as well but if he has a soul GR can really take some wins
Nope. Thanos isn't called the mad Titan for nothing. Thanos is also capable of killing immortal beings.

Thanos wins 1000000/10.

yaadaveyaa
my question is tho if he has a soul thanos can die by GR hands

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Oh I know it has those limits, but I was specifically saying no-one has been immune due to being too powerful.
I think that you're fantasizing about that Fantastic Four cartoon in which Ghost Rider put down a hungry Galactus.

Regardless, Thanos still wins in a spitetastic fashion.

TheGodKiller
my question is tho if he has a soul thanos can die by GR hands
No, he can't. Death doesn't sanction it.

Thanos stomps his way to victory, painfully easily.

yaadaveyaa
No, he can't. Death doesn't sanction it.

Thanos stomps his way to victory, painfully easily.

even a non IG thanos? jesus thats rough how do ya beat the guy if u cant PS him this just seems like a dumb thread now i figured he could ps him and take 3 or 4 vicotries

AlmightyKfish
I think that you're fantasizing about that Fantastic Four cartoon in which Ghost Rider put down a hungry Galactus.

Nope, obviously it wouldn't work on Galactus, no soul etc.

And I'm not saying that Johnny has a chance, just that purely in terms of the PS there hasn't been someone who has been "too powerful" for the stare to work on.

But yeah Thanos wins.

That being said though, it is probably going to be Thanos repeatedly smashing Johnny apart and watching him reform.

TheGodKiller
Nope, obviously it wouldn't work on Galactus, no soul etc.

And I'm not saying that Johnny has a chance, just that purely in terms of the PS there hasn't been someone who has been "too powerful" for the stare to work on.

But yeah Thanos wins.

That being said though, it is probably going to be Thanos repeatedly smashing Johnny apart and watching him reform.
No-Limits Fallacy. Odin has a soul/spirit and isn't messed up in the head. Do you think it would work on him if he didn't defend himself against the attack?

AlmightyKfish
No-Limits Fallacy. Odin has a soul/spirit and isn't messed up in the head. Do you think it would work on him if he didn't defend himself against the attack?

No idea, but likely the Odin Force itself would passively resist the attack, seeing as Odin is more powerful than Zarathos itself. So I guess in theory the limit is Zarathos' power.

But my point was literally just that "Thanos is too powerful for the stare to work" isn't backed up by anything on panel, where we've seen the stare work equally well on people from random mooks to Dr Strange. As opposed to "Thanos repeatedly stomps Johnny into the ground" which works perfectly well.

TheGodKiller
No idea, but likely the Odin Force itself would passively resist the attack, seeing as Odin is more powerful than Zarathos itself. So I guess in theory the limit is Zarathos' power.

But my point was literally just that "Thanos is too powerful for the stare to work" isn't backed up by anything on panel, where we've seen the stare work equally well on people from random mooks to Dr Strange. As opposed to "Thanos repeatedly stomps Johnny into the ground" which works perfectly well.
I never even argued that "Thanos is too powerful for the stare to work" to begin with, but the no-limits fallacy reeking from your post gave me a reason to entertain this discussion.

Yes, because Strange is on the same level as Thanos. What is the most powerful thing the Penance Stare has worked upon? Then compare that to the punishment Thanos has taken on the spiritual and metaphysical levels, and still come out relatively unscathed.

Edit: Thanos wins by such a huge margin, it's not even funny.

yaadaveyaa
I never even argued that "Thanos is too powerful for the stare to work" to begin with, but the no-limits fallacy reeking from your post gave me a reason to entertain this discussion.

Yes, because Strange is on the same level as Thanos. What is the most powerful thing the Penance Stare has worked upon? Then compare that to the punishment Thanos has taken on the spiritual and metaphysical levels, and still come out relatively unscathed.

i can accept that as an answer zarthos is the limits of the ps that makes sense it most likely wouldnt work

AlmightyKfish

Edit: Thanos wins by such a huge margin, it's not even funny.

No I know, it was directed at Stoic who said Thanos is too powerful for it to work.

Dr Strange may not be up there with Thanos in pure power, but in terms of mystical torment and punishment he's gone through easily as much Thanos. That being said, Thanos' resistance to the soul gem is an argument to justify the PS not working on him, as opposed to simply the idea that he's too powerful.

TheGodKiller
Dr Strange may not be up there with Thanos in pure power, but in terms of mystical torment and punishment he's gone through easily as much Thanos. That being said, Thanos' resistance to the soul gem is an argument to justify the PS not working on him, as opposed to simply the idea that he's too powerful.
Pointers as to these torments and punishment which stand on the same level as what Thanos has endured?

Stoic
even a non IG thanos? jesus thats rough how do ya beat the guy if u cant PS him this just seems like a dumb thread now i figured he could ps him and take 3 or 4 vicotries

Thanos survived the Nexus of Realities. In order to get to the Inbetweener's prison he had to pass through the Nexus. Not many could do this which is why Master Order, and Lord Chaos placed or better yet, imprisoned him there. Thanos was torn apart Mind, Body, and Soul, but his will to continue to exist kept him from ceasing to be. GR and his Penance Stare is doing nothing to Thanos. He may laugh at it, but that's about it.

AlmightyKfish
Pointers as to these torments and punishment which stand on the same level as what Thanos has endured?

Fighting in a 5000 year mystical war, becoming Shuma Gorath (and then killing himself stop the process), possession by Zom (although he opened it willingly, he clearly didn't intend to become as axe crazy as he became) among others.

Out of interests which torments of Thanos are we talking about in particular? We've seen him resist travelling through dangerous dimensions/realities and whatever happened to him in Mistress Death's realm, but are there other times we've seen him under serious torment?

Stoic
Fighting in a 5000 year mystical war, becoming Shuma Gorath (and then killing himself stop the process), possession by Zom (although he opened it willingly, he clearly didn't intend to become as axe crazy as he became) among others.

Out of interests which torments of Thanos are we talking about in particular? We've seen him resist travelling through dangerous dimensions/realities and whatever happened to him in Mistress Death's realm, but are there other times we've seen him under serious torment?

Thanos survived the Nexus of Realities. In order to get to the Inbetweener's prison he had to pass through the Nexus. Not many could do this which is why Master Order, and Lord Chaos placed or better yet, imprisoned him there. Thanos was torn apart Mind, Body, and Soul, but his will to continue to exist kept him from ceasing to be. GR and his Penance Stare is doing nothing to Thanos. He may laugh at it, but that's about it.

AlmightyKfish
Sorry, forgot it was the Nexus, but that's what I meant by the dangerous dimensions/realities.

Edit, not that that's not a good a feat or anything, it's a pretty awesome one. I was just making the point that Dr Strange has been through tons of crap as well, and mystical stuff is his specialty, and the PS still worked on him.

But no matter what the argument is kinda pointless, as Thanos would destroy GR despite of these things.

TheGodKiller

Fighting a 5000 year mystic war is nothing compared to Thanos' conquests. Shuma is one of the most overhyped characters in comic boards. Won't comment on Zom as I am don't have much info on him.

Cancerverse. He resisted a death-sword forged form the infinity gauntlet of that reality which was meant to specifically kill him. Stoic has mentioned another.

LeonBuco666
GR is still preeettty fckin awesome, just thanos is the man, he could put most down

TheLordofMurder
Why is it that threads where Thanos "spites" his opponent are allowed to be open without mod interference, but if its a spite thread where Thanos gets annihilated, its worthy of being locked/given a warning?

TheGodKiller
Report the thread to a mod. Problem solved. smile

Tornatic
Ghost Rider with no human host who's then able to fully unleash like he was about to do in WWH would give Thanos problems.

Stoic
Originally posted by Tornatic
Ghost Rider with no human host who's then able to fully unleash like he was about to do in WWH would give Thanos problems.

Nah. He'd get owned.

Tornatic
Nah. He'd get owned. How? He's a damn "ghost"

Stoic
Originally posted by Tornatic
How? He's a damn "ghost"

Thanos has power over the undead.

Mindset
No-Limits Fallacy. Odin has a soul/spirit and isn't messed up in the head. Do you think it would work on him if he didn't defend himself against the attack? Yes.

GR drags Thanos behind his bike until he is just a purple streak on the pavement.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes.

GR drags Thanos behind his bike until he is just a purple streak on the pavement.
How can GR beat Thanos when he's empowered by the quanforce? The only logical answer is: he can't.

Step into the light by admitting that Thanos wins. Doom would be proud of you if you do so.

Mindset
What if Quan is Ghost Rider?

TheGodKiller
What ifs don't count. Read the forum rules, you dunce.

Mindset
Read the rules?

This phuckin square...

TheGodKiller
link-rape

Terryc250
spite thread, thanos stomps

quanchi112
Thanos, clearly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.