What goals do you have? How long will it take for you to achieve them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slupo
A little context: I watched some video on youtube that had video clips about achieving some big goals in just a short amount of time. I don't totally believe it, so I'm curious what others think about goals and how long people think it will take to achieve them.

What goals do you have? How long will it take for you to achieve them?

Edit: (The video)
Pp1iEd3VABo

Dolos
Bachelors in mathmatics, with fine art studies in drama. I will try out for the Saint Charles Baseball Team. I join the Lindenwood diving team and dive during the summers.
I will join the lindenwood wrestling team and wrestle during the winters. I wish to join the Navy as an Officer, and become a search and rescue deep sea diver...meanwhile I
will earn a Masters in underwater welding through the Navy, as well as recieve free schooling when I get finish my term, in order to pursue a higher education. I would also
pursue an acting or modeling career. Secondary, a career as a Commercial Diver. Tertiary, I would pursue a career in Professional Baseball. During any of these careers, I would
pursue a higher education. At this point, my goals take on more grandiose roles. I wish to one day earn prestige and recognition within the scientific community.
I want to out-perform all other members of MENSA in all IQ related tasks.

I want to lead global research on dna mapping, creating a model of the entire human genome. I want to lead the research and development of innovations in nanotechnology,
nanoelectronic innovations, the miniaturization of information technology. Most of my focus later in life would be on bio-nanorobotics, and sustaining, improving, and
eventually replacing all human cells and organs. This would allow for direct communication with the evolving information technologies, such as computer proccessers,
as the human brain has literally been transferred into silicon substrates.

How will I acquire the mind to do these things? Cognitive functions are influenced by the brain's state of arousal, it's state of perceptual input. A mind's ability to observe
the world around it is directly influenced by it's own awareness within said world. The mind is only a mirror of it's sorroundings, and requires constant communication with it's
sorroundings, it must understand, and to understand it must test the structure and consistency of the world by throwing these relfected patterns around. It's a never ending
journey, a process of continual growth. To give out more, I must be able to take in more.

Jim Colyer
I want to be a hit songwriter. It will take more time than I have left to achieve this.

rudester
I just want to be happy. Stop being miserable and learn to smile again. I would like to b in a relationship. Clean my space. Clear my mind. Be a great guy tat everyone wants to say hi too. Most importantly i want to love myself.

quinny_assch
To enjoy every day. Be satisfied with what I have, while trying to achieve the goals that I have. But mostly just to be happy and balanced.

Barker
I want to marry about four girls at once

my goal is to pick just one to settle on and be disappointed with

Bardock42
Maybe finally get a pair of shoes with laces...and learn to tie them. If I start now and practice real hard I can see myself achieving this in 6-8 months.

Major_Lexington
I want to be able to hum the solo to Metallica's One beat-box style while frozen in a block of Ice David Blaine style for a year!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/100/blaine.jpg

ThorinWoofer
Originally posted by Bardock42
Maybe finally get a pair of shoes with laces...and learn to tie them. If I start now and practice real hard I can see myself achieving this in 6-8 months. You're awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.