DCNU Aquaman vs Animal Man (Underwater)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Fight takes place underwater.

Animal starts off - but can change at any time - with the durability of a cockroach, the swimming ability of a Sailfish, and the powers of a Mantis Shrimp. Want to know WTF a Mantis Shrimp can do? Read this:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

Who wins?

-Pr-
I haven't read much of Animal Man, so no idea. sad

curryman
Holy shiiiieeeeet, that animal is amazing!

-Pr-
laughing out loud yeah.

curryman
I'm not sure how strong Animal Man is after his argument with the bosses of The Red, but if he's anything like he was mid-rotworld then he's pretty strong. He can chance powers in the blink of an eye and he can stack them so to speak. He can grab the speed from several animals and so on.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by curryman
Holy shiiiieeeeet, that animal is amazing!

Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud yeah.

Wanting to post that was really the only reason I opened the thread. laughing out loud

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Fight takes place underwater.

Animal starts off - but can change at any time - with the durability of a cockroach, the swimming ability of a Sailfish, and the powers of a Mantis Shrimp. Want to know WTF a Mantis Shrimp can do? Read this:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

Who wins?

sweet

Galan007
My brother works at one of the bigger-name aquariums on the west coast-- he's in charge of maintaining the pH balance of the water(both fresh and salt) in all the tanks, etc. Anyway, a few years ago he told me that one of his co-workers was struck in the thumb by a 6" long Mantis Shrimp. Even though the guy was wearing a steel mesh glove, his thumb was still injured to such an extent that it had to be amputated at the knuckle-line.

So yeah, Mantis Shrimp are pretty incredible.

psycho gundam
the pistol shrimp also has the same cavitation bubble adaptation, but it has a special claw that clamps down and shoots the bubbles out like a shotgun instead of actually impacting with the target wit the claw. basically a thunderclap

leonidas
^^^^^^that's.... blink

-K-M-
and the bubbles created by the pistol shrimp nearly reach the temperatures of the surface of the sun...yeah

JakeTheBank
So, this animal is basically a high herald.

-K-M-
and we eat shrimp for dinner, I think its only a matter of time before the shrimp uprising happens. Fear the shrimp king that unites all the shrimp clans together.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by -K-M-
and we eat shrimp for dinner, I think its only a matter of time before the shrimp uprising happens. Fear the shrimp king that unites all the shrimp clans together.
http://www.shrimpkingrestaurant.com/sitebuilder/images/front_shot-228x171.jpg

dmills
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the pistol shrimp also has the same cavitation bubble adaptation, but it has a special claw that clamps down and shoots the bubbles out like a shotgun instead of actually impacting with the target wit the claw. basically a thunderclap

There's a video of a pistol shrimp vs a mantis shrimp floating around somewhere on the nets. Pistol shrimp won iirc.

TheHulk
Lol I never read Animal Man but I sure as hell liked him in the JLU cartoon..

-Pr-
When was Animal Man in jlu?

mighty adam
That shrimp is godlike

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.