Alien vs. Predator (Which franchise do you prefer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Not really a versus matchup. More or less a what species do you prefer.

Kazenji
The Predator.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Predator. Why ?

Kazenji
Because of their technology and also how they like to capture a queen alien and use her eggs to seed planets then visit that planet for use as a game reserve.

juggerman
Preds for sure. Smarter, honorable, not dependant on others to survive.

Mindship
I like the Alien creature design much better. But in terms of the overall franchise, I prefer the Predators. By comparison, Aliens are one-trick ponies (see a human, plant a chestburster, ka-boom, repeat). Predators are (relatively) imaginative hunters, allowing the writers to come up with more varied and interesting situations.

Robtard
Movie Quality List:

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP2

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
Movie Quality List:

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP2

You miss one

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
You miss one

Didn't include Prometheus as I see it as still being separate from the set Alien franchise. I'm sure next film will tie it in well.

It'd probably have it 4th or 5th on the list though.

juggerman
Didn't include Prometheus as I see it as still being separate from the Alien franchise. I'm sure next film will tie it in well.

It's probably have it 4th or 5th on the list though.

Was talking about Predators

Robtard
Was talking about Predators

Ha, totally forgot about that one. That would be 4th.

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Predators
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP2

juggerman

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Predators
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP2

Meh i was always more of a Predator fan. Mine would be:

Predators
Predator
Aliens
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien
AVPR
Alien Resurrection
AVP

the ninjak
The Alien are a much more interesting species than the Predator.

Mainly for their adaptive breeding capability.

That alone makes them cooler.

juggerman
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Alien are a much more interesting species than the Predator.

Mainly for their adaptive breeding capability.

That alone makes them cooler.

To each their own i guess. I like the fact the Preds have an honor code and morals. No women no children... UNLESS THEY'RE ARMED!!!

Lestov16

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Predators
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP2

Wrong, kid. The correct list is:

Predator
Aliens
Alien
Predator 2
Predators
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
AVP2
AVP

Aliens was great, but every single moment in Predator is maximum awesome, from beginning to end. It may well be the greatest action film ever made. Predator 2 was also awesome from beginning to end, so phooey on you for saying it was worse than Aliens 3.

Meh i was always more of a Predator fan. Mine would be:

Predators
Predator
Aliens
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien
AVPR
Alien Resurrection
AVP

How the hell did you rank Predators over Predator 1 and 2? Predator 2 is massively better than Predators, and Predator 1 blows both of those films out of the water.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Wrong, kid. The correct list is:

Predator
Aliens
Alien
Predator 2
Predators
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
AVP2
AVP

Aliens was great, but every single moment in Predator is maximum awesome, from beginning to end. It may well be the greatest action film ever made. Predator 2 was also awesome from beginning to end, so phooey on you for saying it was worse than Aliens 3.

No, my list was correct for me.

Lestov16
You need to re-watch Predator 2. Immediately.

"His foundation lie in the holy mountain. Selah."
-that is all that needs to be said.

Robtard
You need to re-watch Predator 2. Immediately.

"His foundation lie in the holy mountain. Selah."
-that is all that needs to be said.

Seen it several times. It's one of those guilty pleasures, I know it's a bad film, but it entertains.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6j5h9AFOD1qzs9zk.jpg

Lestov16
I know it's a bad film, but it entertains.

confused

Predator 2 is phucking awesome, from the beginning shootout with the Scorpios ("Heinemann can kiss my sweet ass!"wink to "Shit happens" to the subway scene. Gary Busey was great as Keyes. There is no "bad" part of that film. It's certainly better than Alien 3 and Predators.

Robtard
confused

Predator 2 is phucking awesome, from the beginning shootout with the Scorpios ("Heinemann can kiss my sweet ass!"wink to "Shit happens" to the subway scene. Gary Busey was great as Keyes. There is no "bad" part of that film. It's certainly better than Alien 3 and Predators.

No, it's pretty much a B movie without being a B movie; that doesn't mean it can't entertain.

Busey was hilariously bad in it. With his over acting and yelling like a raped ape.

Better than Alien 3, arguable; might even agree with you here. It's not better than Predators.

Lestov16
It is far better than Predators. Predators was basically just a blatant fanboy love letter to the original film with no originality whatsoever, while Predator 2 was it's own original story (If it had just been Harrigan vs the Scorpios and Jamaicans, movie still would have been awesome, just like the first film) while still a great sequel as well, covering more of the Predator's background as well as showing the consequences of the events of the first film.

To compare, Predators was like Indy 4, an unoriginal rehash that pandered to what was great about the original film, while Predator 2 is like Temple of Doom, a slightly less-better film than the first that expands on the first film while offering up it's own entertaining story.

thanos-prime
I like aliens as a whole more.

juggerman
How the hell did you rank Predators over Predator 1 and 2? Predator 2 is massively better than Predators, and Predator 1 blows both of those films out of the water.

Cuz it was better then both of them. Predator 1 does indeed blow part 2 out of the water but Predators was better still

Lestov16
Cuz it was better then both of them. Predator 1 does indeed blow part 2 out of the water but Predators was better still

I am displeased to misinform you, but you are dead wrong. Predator 1 is pretty much the best action film ever made, while Predator 2 serves as an excellent sequel. Predators was just a pointless rehash that doesn't even reach quarter way the quality of the first. See my comparison to the Indy series above.

Robtard
It is far better than Predators. Predators was basically just a blatant fanboy love letter to the original film with no originality whatsoever, while Predator 2 was it's own original story (If it had just been Harrigan vs the Scorpios and Jamaicans, movie still would have been awesome, just like the first film) while still a great sequel as well, covering more of the Predator's background as well as showing the consequences of the events of the first film.

To compare, Predators was like Indy 4, an unoriginal rehash that pandered to what was great about the original film, while Predator 2 is like Temple of Doom, a slightly less-better film than the first that expands on the first film while offering up it's own entertaining story.

LoL, you're all over the place, bucko. Predator and Predator 2 where basically movies about hunting people for sport, that's been done and redone long before 1987 and 1990. Also not sure how you can call Predators unoriginal while stroking Predator 2 as being an "original story", when Predator 2 was just an urban version of Predator.

the ninjak
To each their own i guess. I like the fact the Preds have an honor code and morals. No women no children... UNLESS THEY'RE ARMED!!!

That's a respectable trait. Agreed.

I just like the fact of how the Alien can flourish in an intergalactic setting without the need of scientific knowhow.
They can demolish advanced civilizations with a single embryo.
In Alien Resurrection a manipulated version of the strain obtained the to potentially breed without impregnating other hosts. A terrifying realization.

I believe if the Alien xenos were unleashed upon the Predator planet they would be in big trouble.

And Predator was leagues better than Predators. My opinion.

Lestov16
LoL, you're all over the place, bucko. Predator and Predator 2 where basically movies about hunting people for sport, that's been done and redone long before 1987 and 1990. Also not sure how you can call Predators unoriginal while stroking Predator 2 as being an "original story", when Predator 2 was just an urban version of Predator.

Um no, bucko.

Predator was about an elite special ops unit being tricked by the CIA to recover intel from a hostile rebel compound......and then an alien hunter shows up out of nowhere

Predator 2 was about an elite cop unit taking down two gangs which have overrun the city with terror......and then an alien hunter shows up out of nowhere

Predators is just a generic "hunting people for sport" movie.

Mindship
Aliens: action, action, Vasquez, Game-over-man-game-over, action, action...great setting and well-paced.

Predator: 'Alien meets Rambo'! What a combo.

Predator 2: definitely some great, badass, macho action, if of B-movie calibre.

Alien: doesn't score higher cuz the story concept is hardly original. But the creature and its particular means of doing business was eye-catching.

Predators: more generic concept. Felt like the setting was bigger than the story. And not a great moment for Fishburne.

Alien 4: Barely ahead of Alien 3 cuz of half-Alien Ripley and Pearlman. +Some cool scenes.

Alien 3: I didn't like that Newt was dead. It was downhill from there, though Dance and Dutton had good moments (eg, "Is that all you got!"wink

Robtard
Um no, bucko.

Predator was about an elite special ops unit being tricked by the CIA to recover intel from a hostile rebel compound......and then an alien hunter shows up out of nowhere

Predator 2 was about an elite cop unit taking down two gangs which have overrun the city with terror......and then an alien hunter shows up out of nowhere

Predators is just a generic "hunting people for sport" movie.

Um yes, skip.

ie two films about hunting humans for sport at their core, the 'why the protagonist are at the given locations' is just setup for the plot and filler. That's not an original idea, not in the slightest.

the ninjak
Predators was an unoriginal film.

An original film would've been-

-Watching the Predators interact with each other on their planet.
-Warriors dealing with rogue warriors on foreign soil.
-Predators being hunted by an advanced race. ect.

juggerman
I believe if the Alien xenos were unleashed upon the Predator planet they would be in big trouble.

I doubt it. The Preds are well aware of the Xenos and what they can do. They are more than capable of taking them out on their home turf. In AVP we see a single Pred with limited tech kill an ass load of Xenos. In AVPR one elder takes on an entire city full of them and does ridiculously well.

the ninjak
I doubt it. The Preds are well aware of the Xenos and what they can do. They are more than capable of taking them out on their home turf. In AVP we see a single Pred with limited tech kill an ass load of Xenos. In AVPR one elder takes on an entire city full of them and does ridiculously well.

You don't think a few face huggers would present a problem on a planet of Predators?

That is considering face huggers are involved. You couldn't have an invasion without them. smile

Alien/Predators were beasts. And could breed without the need of facehuggers....I think. Are Predators a monosexed species?

juggerman
You don't think a few face huggers would present a problem on a planet of Predators?

That is considering face huggers are involved. You couldn't have an invasion without them. smile

Alien/Predators were beasts. And could breed without the need of facehuggers....I think. Are Predators a monosexed species?

Not a huge problem. In AVP we see a "baby" Pred easily take out a Hugger. Then he only got one cuz he took off his mask. Once they know there is a threat the masks would probably not come off.

And as mentioned earlier one Elder was taking out an entire town full of them. Imagine if a whole planet took up arms. Plus who know what other tech they have to unleash upon an invading force

the ninjak
Not a huge problem. In AVP we see a "baby" Pred easily take out a Hugger. Then he only got one cuz he took off his mask. Once they know there is a threat the masks would probably not come off.

And as mentioned earlier one Elder was taking out an entire town full of them. Imagine if a whole planet took up arms. Plus who know what other tech they have to unleash upon an invading force

Good point with the masks. smile

I'm only interested now in if the Predators are a singular sexed race.
And if not what the heck was that Alien/Predator doing to those hospitalized women in AVP?????

jinXed by JaNx
Movie Quality List:

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Alien 3
Predator 2
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP2

yep

Kazenji
not dependant on others to survive.

Unless they're going into a alien hive to capture a queen.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindship
Aliens: action, action, Vasquez, Game-over-man-game-over, action, action...great setting and well-paced.

Alien: doesn't score higher cuz the story concept is hardly original. But the creature and its particular means of doing business was eye-catching.

Predators: more generic concept. Felt like the setting was bigger than the story. And not a great moment for Fishburne.

Alien 4: Barely ahead of Alien 3 cuz of half-Alien Ripley and Pearlman. +Some cool scenes.

Alien 3: I didn't like that Newt was dead. It was downhill from there, though Dance and Dutton had good moments (eg, "Is that all you got!"wink

Hey mindship, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

juggerman
Good point with the masks. smile

I'm only interested now in if the Predators are a singular sexed race.
And if not what the heck was that Alien/Predator doing to those hospitalized women in AVP?????

I remember reading a novel years ago that had female Preds in it. They were bigger, stronger and more savage than the males iirc

Dolos
The Alien franchise has always held mystical prominence in my heart. As a kid I watched those films, and as a middle schooler I utilized the internet to look up shit about Space Jockeys.

Look it up, it's on AVP Unlimited's history on AVP Forums.

/Aliens.

Mindship
Originally posted by Placidity
Hey mindship, have you ever been mistaken for a man? Synthetic, when playing Five Finger Fillet. smokin'

Dolos
Originally posted by Mindship

I agree that Aliens was the most spectacular. I think if they put James Cameron on crew for the Justice League the Marvel franchise would be looking at such competition and inability to match as they have never known...

But I disagree with your synapse of Alien 3. Though, I admit I'm addicted to mortifying and demoralizing stuff in films, I love it. Id est, Requiem for a Dream, There Will Be Blood. That goes beyond films, but I won't get into that. evil face

Mindship
Originally posted by Dolos
I agree that Aliens was the most spectacular. I think if they put James Cameron on crew for the Justice League, the Marvel franchise would be looking at such competition and inability to match as they have never known...That...would be an interesting team-up...

focus4chumps
when did it become hip and edgy to downplay the quality of predator 2.

Also not sure how you can call Predators unoriginal while stroking Predator 2 as being an "original story", when Predator 2 was just an urban version of Predator.

alien. omg alien attacks and people. alien 2, lots of aliens attack and kill lots more people, and alien 3 OMG YOU AINT GONNA BELIEVE THIS SHIT (same shit). any movie can seem like crap when you unfairly marginalize its content. predator 2 was way different because of the protagonists, setting and how they dealt with it. more complex than just throwing in another predator.

Kazenji
Predator 2 was okay but i prefer the story it was based on more 'Predator: Concrete Jungle'.

Robtard
Originally posted by focus4chumps

alien. omg alien attacks and people. alien 2, lots of aliens attack and kill lots more people, and alien 3 OMG YOU AINT GONNA BELIEVE THIS SHIT (same shit). any movie can seem like crap when you unfairly marginalize its content. predator 2 was way different because of the protagonists, setting and how they dealt with it. more complex than just throwing in another predator.

November 20th 1990.

Never claimed Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien 4 were original concept films. You're free to shit on them all you like. smile Calm down, I ranked Predator 2 about mid-way on my list.

Lestov16

We agree on something. Koolio.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dolos
I agree that Aliens was the most spectacular. I think if they put James Cameron on crew for the Justice League the Marvel franchise would be looking at such competition and inability to match as they have never known...

But I disagree with your synapse of Alien 3. Though, I admit I'm addicted to mortifying and demoralizing stuff in films, I love it. Id est, Requiem for a Dream, There Will Be Blood. That goes beyond films, but I won't get into that. evil face Keep dreaming with regards to marvel being in awe of dc. They are wiping their asses with dc. Live in reality not your fanboy ism ideal world.

Predators was a good flick. Originality is overrated. If something works it works. It's that simple.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Keep dreaming with regards to marvel being in awe of dc. They are wiping their asses with dc.

Where do you get this from?

Cos it's not like there's going to be a lot of people who won't go see Man of Steel because they went to see Thor 2. We're talking about movies and the relatively low cost of an admission ticket; not something like automobiles where if you buy a GM product, you're not going to go buy a Ford a couple weeks or months down the line and why the market rivalry there exist. Think.

quanchi112
Where do you get this from?

Cos it's not like there's going to be a lot of people who won't go see Man of Steel because they went to see Thor 2. We're talking about movies and the relatively low cost of an admission ticket; not something like automobiles where if you buy a GM product, you're not going to go buy a Ford a couple weeks or months down the line and why the market rivalry there exist. Think. You don't even grasp my post. Marvel is clearly on another level in terms of cinematic profit than dc. Dc will try to copy them and do a Justice League because they see how successful marvel is with their planning. Acting like dc with a hit will suddenly beyond marvel whose had multiple hits while churning forward is delusional. Marvel is on another level than dc in terms of cinema today.

Robtard
You don't even grasp my post. Marvel is clearly on another level in terms of cinematic profit than dc. Dc will try to copy them and do a Justice League because they see how successful marvel is with their planning. Acting like dc with a hit will suddenly beyond marvel whose had multiple hits while churning forward is delusional. Marvel is on another level than dc in terms of cinema today.

LoL, talking out your back-passage again and your post is easy to grasp, you hate DC. We all get it already.

A Justice League film has been in talks for at least 5 years. Though I think a lot earlier, it just fizzled out in the early phases each time.

Really depends how well MoS does. For all we know it could make half a billion+ dollars. That would set them on the right path and Marvel would be looking at what they did right. As is the sensible thing to do.

I personally hope they both do well and give us great superhero films. As a fan, that's a win-win scenario.

quanchi112
LoL, talking out your back-passage again and your post is easy to grasp, you hate DC. We all get it already.

A Justice League film has been in talks for at least 5 years. Though I think a lot earlier, it just fizzled out in the early phases each time.

Really depends how well MoS does. For all we know it could make half a billion dollars. That would set them on the right path and Marvel would be looking at what they did right. As is the sensible thing to do.

I personally hope they both do well and give us great superhero films. As a fan, that's a win-win scenario. I don't hate dc but I do hate dc Internet warriors like dolos. Marvel is superior in cinema. That's a fact.

juggerman
Alien vs Predator vs DC vs Marvel

Robtard
I don't hate dc but I do hate dc Internet warriors like dolos. Marvel is superior in cinema. That's a fact.

You hate DC. But who the **** cares if Marvel is making more money at the moment? That can change with a bad film or two and a great film or two from the other.

Ideally, they both make billions and delivery us top-notch films like Batman Begins and The Avengers, instead of crap like Jonah Hex and Spider-Man 3.

quanchi112
You hate DC. But who the **** cares if Marvel is making more money at the moment? That can change with a bad film or two and a great film or two from the other.

Ideally, they both make billions and delivery us top-notch films like Batman Returns and The Avengers, instead of crap like Jonah Hex and Spider-Man 3. I prefer marvel but I don't hate dc. Doubtful. Nothing lasts forever but marvel is light years ahead of dc. They will imitate the superior company if they do well on MOS.

Robtard
I prefer marvel but I don't hate dc. Doubtful. Nothing lasts forever but marvel is light years ahead of dc. They will imitate the superior company if they do well on MOS.

You hate DC. It is known.

If by "imitate" you mean launch a film (Justice League) they've had in talks for at least 5 years, then sure. I would say the success of The Avengers has in the very least made them more willing to throw large sums of money into the project. Which I'm hoping they do; which in turns goes back to how well MoS does and how well any of the future single franchise DC films do.

quanchi112
You hate DC. It is known.

If by "imitate" you mean launch a film (Justice League) they've had in talks for at least 5 years, then sure. I would say the success of The Avengers has in the very least made them more willing to throw large sums of money into the project. Which I'm hoping they do; which in turns goes back to how well MoS does and how well any of the future single franchise DC films do. You can think however you want. I wouldn't read dc or watch their movies if I despised them. I do favor marvel and acknowledge the fact Warner is serious about making a movie due to Avengers kicking ass at the box office. Just relax and don't let it bother you that marvel is on another level.

Robtard
You can think however you want. I wouldn't read dc or watch their movies if I despised them. I do favor marvel and acknowledge the fact Warner is serious about making a movie due to Avengers kicking ass at the box office. Just relax and don't let it bother you that marvel is on another level.

Obviously I can, but it's clear you hate DC. As expected, the /derp type of response once you've been proven wrong.

-Pr-
Alien vs Predator vs DC vs Marvel

Yeah, wtf happened to this thread.

Anyway, Aliens. Have done for years now.

quanchi112
Obviously I can, but it's clear you hate DC. As expected, the /derp type of response once you've been proven wrong. Wrong. As usual. You favor dc and are upset. Predators are clearly the better franchise than their weaker counterpart in Aliens.

Robtard
Wrong. As usual. You favor dc and are upset.

Predators are clearly the better franchise than their weaker counterpart in Aliens.

/Derp

Nah. But it's a matter of taste. You have shit taste in movies. So it makes sense here.

quanchi112
/Derp

Nah. But it's a matter of taste. You have shit taste in movies. So it makes sense here. hahah. My taste in movies is far superior than to someone who loves the shitty die hard franchise. Also Harry Potter movies made a shit ton due to being awesome movies. Quit being a sore loser.

Robtard
hahah. My taste in movies is far superior than to someone who loves the shitty die hard franchise.

Also Harry Potter movies made a shit ton due to being awesome movies. Quit being a sore loser.

LoL, no. Freddy Vs Jason is your favorite movie and you watch girly teen-angst films like Beautiful Creatures in the theater. You have craptastic levels taste. It is known.

Couldn't care less how much the HP films made. I don't get excited or mad over the profits of movies which I had zero or little interest in. That's your monkey.

quanchi112
LoL, no. Freddy Vs Jason is your favorite movie and you watch girly teen-angst films like Beautiful Creatures in the theater. You have craptastic levels taste. It is known.

Couldn't care less how much the HP films made. I don't get excited or mad over the profits of movies which I had zero or little interest in. That's your monkey. Yes, and that movie was a huge success in terms of budget as well. I do give movies a chance you don't due to being more open minded. It wasn't good but I gave it a chance. Then let it go about how much more successful marvel cinema is compared to dc.

Robtard
Yes, and that movie was a huge success in terms of budget as well. I do give movies a chance you don't due to being more open minded. It wasn't good but I gave it a chance.

Then let it go about how much more successful marvel cinema is compared to dc.

Hilarious. Doing well at the box office doesn't make a great film on that merit alone. See Twilight as an example of something craptastic that can make a lot of money. Then again, you probably love Twilight.

Still derping that strawman.

quanchi112
Hilarious. Doing well at the box office doesn't make a great film on that merit alone. See Twilight as an example of something craptastic that can make a lot of money. Then again, you probably love Twilight.

Still derping that strawman. companies make movies to make money. What planet do you live on ? The rest is subjectivity and cannot be argued. Twilight made money so it's a success. Who gives a shit if you didn't care for them. Huge success.

Robtard
companies make movies to make money. What planet do you live on ?

The rest is subjectivity and cannot be argued.

Twilight made money so it's a success. Who gives a shit if you didn't care for them. Huge success.

Strawman, again.

Really now. Then I guess film critiquing should be done away with, since you know, "it's all subjective" and we shouldn't judge. Yet you've said films are good and poor quality in here many a time. Think, then type.

Yes, Twilight was a financial success, as I said exactly that above. That doesn't make it a quality film though on that merit alone. That's the point.

Lestov16
The thread topic has Thelma-and-Louise-ed

quanchi112
Strawman, again.

Really now. Then I guess film critiquing should be done away with, since you know, "it's all subjective" and we shouldn't judge. Yet you've said films are good and poor quality in here many a time. Think, then type.

Yes, Twilight was a financial success, as I said exactly that above. That doesn't make it a quality film though on that merit alone. That's the point. Opinions vary just as critiques. Bottom line is money made. It's a business. Lol at your pouting. Iyo it wasn't good but opinions vary. That's the point you seem to keep missing. It was a huge success so who cares that you think it sucked. Laughing their asses off to the bank.

Robtard
Opinions vary just as critiques. Bottom line is money made. It's a business. Lol at your pouting. Iyo it wasn't good but opinions vary. That's the point you seem to keep missing. It was a huge success so who cares that you think it sucked. Laughing their asses off to the bank.

LoL, you're stumbling over your own words. First people can't judge, now you're saying Twilight wasn't good. That's a judgement, Quanchi. But you're still dodging the point. Money made doesn't mean a movie is good on that merit alone. Which is what you implied concerning Freddy Vs Jason when I laughed at you over it. They're not laughing with my money, so again, I couldn't care less.

Now if you will stop derailing the thread. Alien V Predator franchises. Go!

quanchi112
LoL, you're stumbling over your own words. First people can't judge, now you're saying Twilight wasn't good. That's a judgement, Quanchi. But you're still dodging the point. Money made doesn't mean a movie is good on that merit alone. Which is what you implied concerning Freddy Vs Jason when I laughed at you over it. They're not laughing with my money, so again, I couldn't care less.

Now if you will stop derailing the thread. Alien V Predator franchises. Go! An opinion on whether they enjoyed something cannot be argued. I can have an opinion as can you but neither can prove whose opinion on something designed to entertain is right. Twilight was ok but it doesn't matter as it made a shit ton so the people who made it deem it a success. I never said money alone I said that's objective and is factual unlike debating a subjective opinion.

I loved Freddy vs Jason but opinion can't be argued so I rubbed it in that it was a huge financial success for the budget.

Predator. Better protagonists and antagonists in these films.

Robtard
An opinion on whether they enjoyed something cannot be argued. I can have an opinion as can you but neither can prove whose opinion on something designed to entertain is right. Twilight was ok but it doesn't matter as it made a shit ton so the people who made it deem it a success. I never said money alone I said that's objective and is factual unlike debating a subjective opinion.

I loved Freddy vs Jason but opinion can't be argued so I rubbed it in that it was a huge financial success for the budget.

Predator. Better protagonists and antagonists in these films.

More stumbling over yourself. You just said Twilight "wasn't good" one post ago, but now it's "okay". laughing out loud Make up your damn mind.

I know you do; which is the point of you having a craptastic level of taste in film. Glad we made a full circle and can close that.

Disagree. I prefer the Alien franchise overall.

quanchi112
More stumbling over yourself. You just said Twilight "wasn't good" one post ago, but now it's "okay". laughing out loud Make up your damn mind.

I know you do; which is the point of you having a craptastic level of taste in film. Glad we made a full circle and can close that.

Disagree. I prefer the Alien franchise overall. Iyo means in your opinion NOT MINE. imo means in my opinion. See the difference ? I'm trying my best not to insult you for being unable to comprehend my posts but its really hard at this point.

Your opinion sucks. Movie made money. I win.

You would. Female protagonist and an ant like species.

Predators whooped their asses.

laughing out loud

SevenShackles
I like them both alot and it's kind of hard to pick just one. I enjoyed the suspense of Alien and the full horde in Aliens but don't feel like they were treated all that well in aliens VS predator. (treated better in AvP2)
Loved predator and predator 2 ... Humm.. I think I lean more toward predator, my gf leans more to aliens.

Robtard
Iyo means in your opinion NOT MINE. imo means in my opinion. See the difference ? I'm trying my best not to insult you for being unable to comprehend my posts but its really hard at this point.

Your opinion sucks. Movie made money. I win.

You would. Female protagonist and an ant like species.

Predators whooped their asses.

laughing out loud

More dancing. Was expected.

Covered that "making money" doesn't mean a film is good on that merit alone. So you lose and continue to be the KMC member with the most craptastic taste in films. Freddy Vs Jason. laughing out loud Immortals. laughing out loud laughing out loud

I would.

This isn't a Vs match. Calm down.

quanchi112
More dancing. Was expected.

Covered that "making money" doesn't mean a film is good on that merit alone. So you lose and continue to be the KMC member with the most craptastic taste in films. Freddy Vs Jason. laughing out loud Immortals. laughing out loud laughing out loud

I would.

This isn't a Vs match. Calm down. More dancing ? You didn't understand what iyo meant. That isn't dancing, bro.

My opinion is it was you disagree but it's factual it made a huge profit.

I thought Immortals was good not great. You decided before you saw it. Close minded individual.

It's funny you prefer the movie. You think like a girl.

Robtard
More dancing ? You didn't understand what iyo meant. That isn't dancing, bro.

My opinion is it was you disagree but it's factual it made a huge profit.

I thought Immortals was good not great. You decided before you saw it. Close minded individual.

It's funny you prefer the movie. You think like a girl.

/derp

Strawman. Never claimed it didn't make a profit.

Immortals was horrible. More proof you have craptastic taste.

/derp Then again, you're only concerned with explosions and loosely tied action scenes, so I can see why you didn't like Alien (1979).

quanchi112
/derp

Strawman. Never claimed it didn't make a profit.

Immortals was horrible. More proof you have craptastic taste.

/derp Then again, you're only concerned with explosions and loosely tied action scenes, so I can see why you didn't like Alien (1979). i think it was great you don't but like I said it was deemed a success objectively in terms of overall profit.

Iyo it was not mine. Acting like your opinion is the ultimate judge is hilarious.

Haha. Aliens was far superior to Alien so you don't even like the best one. If I liked explosions I'd love die hard. Point proven.

Robtard
i think it was great you don't but like I said it was deemed a success objectively in terms of overall profit.

Iyo it was not mine. Acting like your opinion is the ultimate judge is hilarious.

Haha. Aliens was far superior to Alien so you don't even like the best one. If I liked explosions I'd love die hard. Point proven.

The ****? You need to rework that sentence.

Good for you? Oh, I'm not alone in thinking Immortals was a sucky film. But of course your argument is "if it made money, it's a great film".

laughing out loud Like I said, "explosions". Aliens had more of them, go figure. Alien wasn't really an action flick, but that's lost on you. No point proven, other than your craptastic taste in films. It is known.

Do continue derailing your own thread though, it's funny.

Jennifer613
You need to re-watch Predator 2. Immediately.http://uthwic.zuiwomen.com/17.jpghttp://uthwic.zuiwomen.com/18.jpghttp://uthwic.zuiwomen.com/19.jpghttp://uthwic.zuiwomen.com/20.jpg

quanchi112
The ****? You need to rework that sentence.

Good for you? Oh, I'm not alone in thinking Immortals was a sucky film. But of course your argument is "if it made money, it's a great film".

laughing out loud Like I said, "explosions". Aliens had more of them, go figure. Alien wasn't really an action flick, but that's lost on you. No point proven, other than your craptastic taste in films. It is known.

Do continue derailing your own thread though, it's funny. No. Arguing subjective opinions might be your thing but I like to argue based on evidence not feelings.

I never said you were the only one but who cares. I'm not alone in people who thought it was good.

Aliens was far more entertaining. Better acting and better characters. Far superior to part 1. If all I needed were explosions I'd love John McClane. You do so once again you're a hypocrite.

Again arguing feelings and subjective topics is something girls do hence your obsession with doing so.

Predator is superior to Alien. You favor ants and female warriors being >>>Aliens.

Robtard
No. Arguing subjective opinions might be your thing but I like to argue based on evidence not feelings.

I never said you were the only one but who cares. I'm not alone in people who thought it was good.

Aliens was far more entertaining. Better acting and better characters. Far superior to part 1. If all I needed were explosions I'd love John McClane. You do so once again you're a hypocrite.

Again arguing feelings and subjective topics is something girls do hence your obsession with doing so.

Predator is superior to Alien. You favor ants and female warriors being >>>Aliens.

And your "evidence" that Twilight and Immortals are quality films is that you enjoyed them and that they made money. laughing out loud

Correct. You're not the only one with bad taste.

Disagree, Alien was the better of the two. Since you like using "money earned" as the end all/be all in what makes a good movie, Alien made more money than Aliens and was slighty cheaper to make if you adjust for inflation. How's your fist feel in you ass now, Quanchi?

"Feelings" /derp "Girls" /derp

LoL, no. "Ants" /derp "female" /derp

quanchi112
And your "evidence" that Twilight and Immortals are quality films is that you enjoyed them and that they made money. laughing out loud

Correct. You're not the only one with bad taste.

Disagree, Alien was the better of the two. Since you like using "money earned" as the end all/be all in what makes a good movie, Alien made more money than Aliens and was slighty cheaper to make if you adjust for inflation. How's your fist feel in you ass now, Quanchi?

"Feelings" /derp "Girls" /derp

LoL, no. "Ants" /derp "female" /derp If I enjoy a movie I view it as a quality film. I don't like to argue subjectivity but you seem obsessed with saying your opinion is great while others opinions sucks. You're narrow minded and slow IMO. Movies which make money are successes which you seem to be confusing with my opinion with regards to what i deem to be quality films.

No, I view money earned in terms of success not quality.

You do and you also misinterpret posts as well. They are comparable to ants. Fact. You love ant like aliens. I like warrior like aliens.

laughing out loud

Robtard
If I enjoy a movie I view it as a quality film. I don't like to argue subjectivity but you seem obsessed with saying your opinion is great while others opinions sucks. You're narrow minded and slow IMO. Movies which make money are successes which you seem to be confusing with my opinion with regards to what i deem to be quality films.

No, I view money earned in terms of success not quality.

You do and you also misinterpret posts as well. They are comparable to ants. Fact. You love ant like aliens. I like warrior like aliens.

laughing out loud

How clever, blaming me for what you're doing. laughing out loud And sticking to that strawman.

No, you flip-flop, just as you did.

/derp

quanchi112
How clever, blaming me for what you're doing. laughing out loud And sticking to that strawman.

No, you flip-flop, just as you did.

/derp That's the best part. Sooner or later your posts all disintegrate into a few simple phrases. Strawman, derp, or flip flop.

Not once did I flip your intelligence is lacking. You never understand simple words and thought iyo meant imo.

Warriors>ants.

Robtard
That's the best part. Sooner or later your posts all disintegrate into a few simple phrases. Strawman, derp, or flip flop.

Not once did I flip your intelligence is lacking. You never understand simple words and thought iyo meant imo.

Warriors>ants.

Cos you always resort to logical fallacies and clown tactics as a means. eg "You like female warriors!" /derp

You need to rework that sentence, it made no sense. It's gibberish. BTW, 'IYO' and 'iyo' = in your opinion in short form. What you posted "Iyo" at the being of the sentence looked like more of your usual gibberish.

Still haven't figured out this isn't a Vs match. laughing out loud

Bentley
If I enjoy a movie I view it as a quality film.

Well, keep those considerations to yourself. Language is conventional Quan, people aren't getting that from your statements so you're objectively using language wrong.

If you want to say you like a film, you just say "I like this film" and stop sporting terms as quality whose conventional meaning you don't seem to accept.

Specially, avoid this kind of behavior if you're supposed to be debating.

Placidity
... eg "You like female warriors!" /derp

Wait, is this true Rob?

focus4chumps
I don't hate dc but I do hate dc Internet warriors like dolos. Marvel is superior in cinema. That's a fact.

avengers was stupid. sorry. apart from ironman 1 its all been a huge pile of blunt and simple michael bay-esque doodoo.

Kazenji
Don't fall into that puddle.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Wait, is this true Rob?

Xena's pretty cool and she doesn't afraid of anything.

quanchi112
Cos you always resort to logical fallacies and clown tactics as a means. eg "You like female warriors!" /derp

You need to rework that sentence, it made no sense. It's gibberish. BTW, 'IYO' and 'iyo' = in your opinion in short form. What you posted "Iyo" at the being of the sentence looked like more of your usual gibberish.

Still haven't figured out this isn't a Vs match. laughing out loud Relax. Who cares that you like girls and ants. It's cool.

No it made perfect sense. You'd apparently rather argue over this than respond intelligently over the thread topic. Typical girl.

I'm just amused you are such a pro girl power type dude.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, keep those considerations to yourself. Language is conventional Quan, people aren't getting that from your statements so you're objectively using language wrong.

If you want to say you like a film, you just say "I like this film" and stop sporting terms as quality whose conventional meaning you don't seem to accept.

Specially, avoid this kind of behavior if you're supposed to be debating. I will post however I want to. No, I'm correct in my language. You coming in here and pouting about it doesn't make me any less correct.

quanchi112
avengers was stupid. sorry. apart from ironman 1 its all been a huge pile of blunt and simple michael bay-esque doodoo. Your opinion is shit. Made tons of money and many loved it. )

Kazenji
And Michael Bay-esque??

wasn't even close.

Bentley
I will post however I want to.

Feel free to do it. I'm just suggesting you dismiss some arguments that I don't find particularly funny so the discussion is more creative.

No, I'm correct in my language.

You said that quality equals making money.

You said that your personal preference is a vouch of quality.

Both statements are conventionally wrong. Language is conventional.

You coming in here and pouting about it doesn't make me any less correct.

This is correct: me taking the time and being polite enough to point out your mistakes doesn't change the mistakes themselves.

I know you get your kick out of arguing with people, but you should drop some of the points that simply cannot be defended from time to time for the sake of being consistant. Again, it is a suggestion, you're free to spend your time as you see fit.

quanchi112
Feel free to do it. I'm just suggesting you dismiss some arguments that I don't find particularly funny so the discussion is more creative.

You said that quality equals making money.

You said that your personal preference is a vouch of quality.

Both statements are conventionally wrong. Language is conventional.

This is correct: me taking the time and being polite enough to point out your mistakes doesn't change the mistakes themselves.

I know you get your kick out of arguing with people, but you should drop some of the points that simply cannot be defended from time to time for the sake of being consistant. Again, it is a suggestion, you're free to spend your time as you see fit. Wrong. Making money means success not quality which is factual. The term quality is subjective and I deem what I deem quality but opinions vary. If you're going to come at me don't be so dense and take the time to comprehend my message. I'm right you're wrong. We've been here in the past and obviously will be here in the future.

Robtard
Relax. Who cares that you like girls and ants. It's cool.

No it made perfect sense. You'd apparently rather argue over this than respond intelligently over the thread topic. Typical girl.

I'm just amused you are such a pro girl power type dude.

More derp responses and off-topic-ness by trying to make the focus of the conversation be about yourself. That's pretty fem, man. The title of "KMC's Twink", still relevant

Lestov16
So anyway, Predator wins via Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

juggerman
So anyway, Predator wins via Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Good Vs match would be Dutch's crew vs Hick's crew. Though the numbers and players would have to be evened out.

Vasquez and Blain going at it. /no homo

juggerman
Good Vs match would be Dutch's crew vs Hick's crew. Though the numbers and players would have to be evened out.

Vasquez and Blain going at it. /no homo

Make it happen son! thumb up

quanchi112
More derp responses and off-topic-ness by trying to make the focus of the conversation be about yourself. That's pretty fem, man. The title of "KMC's Twink", still relevant Concession accepted.

Bentley
Wrong. Making money means success not quality

You're the one who has claimed the opposite, not me. I couldn't care less otherwise stick out tongue

The term quality is subjective

A term being subjective doesn't mean you get to take it out of context and use it as you see fit in a debate my friend, we debate movies and comics all the time and their content is subject to reader interpretations. There are still enough elements to judge such subjectivities in a reasonable and civilized way.

I deem what I deem quality but opinions vary.

The thing is Quan, that you cannot say "this is quality", and expect the others to abide to it. A word being subjective doesn't mean it takes any meaning you want to it as you please, on the contrary, you should be much more careful when using that kind of terms.

You use the terms sloppily and then you say stuff like:

If you're going to come at me don't be so dense and take the time to comprehend my message.

I really don't mean to come out as dense, but if you're going to complain about people misunderstanding you, you should use the terms in a less controversial manner. It isn't as if I was the only one pointing out the dubious value of these arguments.

For the record, don't ever bring to me the "subjectivity" argument on me, because I'll consider formally that you weasel out of defending your position. I have little patience for mediocre people who say "it's subjective so I don't get to build a valid opinion on it". Frigging hacks ahah

Anyways, I really don't want to sound rude or anything, just chatting around.

Lestov16
Box Office doesn't equal film quality. Transformers Dark of the Moon is a prime example of this. There, got that out of the way. Now back to the thread

quanchi112
You're the one who has claimed the opposite, not me. I couldn't care less otherwise stick out tongue

A term being subjective doesn't mean you get to take it out of context and use it as you see fit in a debate my friend, we debate movies and comics all the time and their content is subject to reader interpretations. There are still enough elements to judge such subjectivities in a reasonable and civilized way.

The thing is Quan, that you cannot say "this is quality", and expect the others to abide to it. A word being subjective doesn't mean it takes any meaning you want to it as you please, on the contrary, you should be much more careful when using that kind of terms.

You use the terms sloppily and then you say stuff like:

I really don't mean to come out as dense, but if you're going to complain about people misunderstanding you, you should use the terms in a less controversial manner. It isn't as if I was the only one pointing out the dubious value of these arguments.

For the record, don't ever bring to me the "subjectivity" argument on me, because I'll consider formally that you weasel out of defending your position. I have little patience for mediocre people who say "it's subjective so I don't get to build a valid opinion on it". Frigging hacks ahah

Anyways, I really don't want to sound rude or anything, just chatting around. What someone deems as a quality film is subjective and not once did I say otherwise. A success in terms of overall profit is objective and factual. I have been right the entire time as usual despite your lack of comprehension. If I say vanilla ice cream is better than chocolate you can disagree but it's too subjective to argue. Taste always is. What is superior in terms of formidability is entirely different than personal preference.

Robtard
laughing out loud Quanchi's still not getting it, even after Bentley held your hand and tried to walk you through it.

Just because some dunce thinks Troll 2 (1990) is a better quality film over The Godfather II (1974), doesn't mean it's factually so. Sure, he's free to think that and it would be his opinion, but it's objectively a stupid and failed opinion when you compare the two films in terms of story, dialogue and acting. ie Quality isn't subjective, you muppet, so stop insisting it is. It rarely is in fact.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Quanchi's still not getting it, even after Bentley held your hand and tried to walk you through it.

Just because some dunce thinks Troll 2 (1990) is a better quality film over The Godfather II (1974), doesn't mean it's factually so. Sure, he's free to think that and it would be his opinion, but it's objectively a stupid and failed opinion when you compare the two films in terms of story, dialogue and acting. ie Quality isn't subjective, you muppet, so stop insisting it is. It rarely is in fact. I never once said an opinion on personal taste is factual. It's just an opinion unlike an objective fact as total profit.

Quality is subjective since that's just an opinion no matter how widely shared it may be, fraggle.

Robtard
I never once said an opinion on personal taste is factual. It's just an opinion unlike an objective fact as total profit.

Quality is subjective since that's just an opinion no matter how widely shared it may be, fraggle.

Really now, so if I hand you two wrenches their quality is "subjective" based on what you feel?

Never mind that one is sturdy, built to precise measurements and will last you decades, while the other is a cheap Chinese knock-off that barely covers its purpose and will easily break.

laughing out loud You fail again, muppet. GTFO of my thread.

quanchi112
Really now, so if I hand you two wrenches their quality is "subjective" based on what you feel?

Never mind that one is sturdy, built to precise measurements and will last you decades, while the other is a cheap Chinese knock-off that barely covers its purpose and will easily break.

laughing out loud You fail again, muppet. GTFO of my thread. No, but two wrenches clearly isn't subjective based on personal taste.

Personal taste when it comes to entertainment is entirely different than a tool with a practical function.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Oh my. Switching it back to "personal taste", when we're discussing quality.

Repeat: You can prefer Troll 2 over The Godfather 2 and that's your personal preference. But that doesn't make it a higher quality film on that merit alone. Story, dialogue, acting, script, directing etc. does.

Not sure if you're just stupid or employing the Quanchi dancing tactics when you've got nothing left. I'm at 50/50 right now.

quanchi112
Oh my. Switching it back to "personal taste", when we're discussing quality.

Repeat: You can prefer Troll 2 over The Godfather 2 and that's your personal preference. But that doesn't make it a higher quality film on that merit alone. Story, dialogue, acting, script, directing etc. does.

Not sure if you're just stupid or employing the Quanchi dancing tactics when you've got nothing left. I'm at 50/50 right now. It's always been personal taste in judging these sort of things.

Subjective. One can say Scarface is better than Godfather but neither opinion is correct. Subjective.

Comparing a functional tool with what ones personal taste regarding films displays once again you.

Robtard
It's always been personal taste in judging these sort of things.

Subjective. One can say Scarface is better than Godfather but neither opinion is correct. Subjective.

Comparing a functional tool with what ones personal taste regarding films displays once again you.

I've tried and Bentley has tried(was there a 3rd person?), you're just too dense to get the difference between "taste" and "quality" and personal taste not making quality.

Yeah, thanks. Covered that in the greater whole. But as noted above, you can't follow.

WTF? You're talking gibberish again, you do this often when beaten. Calm down and rework that sentence so it makes sense. smile

quanchi112
I've tried and Bentley has tried, you're just to dense to get the difference between "taste" and "qaulity"

Yeah, thanks. Covered that. But as noted above, you can't follow.

laughing out loud WTF? You're talking gibberish again, you do this often when beaten. Calm down and rework that sentence so it makes sense. No, there's a clear difference. You want to compare apples to oranges.

Personal taste on what one deems quality is subjective just like Oscars. No right answer. Just a general consensus from the right people get you the award.

Robtard
No, there's a clear difference. You want to compare apples to oranges.

Personal taste on what one deems quality is subjective just like Oscars. No right answer. Just a general consensus from the right people get you the award. Correct; that's what people have been trying to beat into you. Now you're acting like you got it all along, how adorable. They're both fruit smile Cry more now.

Or you know, The Godfather II is factually a higher quality film than say Troll 2. smile

quanchi112
Correct; that's what people have been trying to beat into you. They're both fruit smile Cry more now. The phrase it meant to indicate how certain things don't compare. In your world there is a clear winner in the Oscars and those who disagree are wrong.

laughing

Robtard
and the expected derp response in order to dodge. Cry more now.

Or you know, The Godfather II is factually a higher quality film than say Troll 2. smile

quanchi112
and the expected derp response in order to dodge. Cry more now.

Or you know, The Godfather II is factually a higher quality film than say Troll 2. Wrong but according to you the answer is always clear. I do agree that troll 2 stinks but that is just my opinion. It's not a fact even though you'd have to search the world to find someone who disagrees.

Robtard
Wrong? Then you agree. Then you disagree. Why am I not surprised that you probably hold Troll 2 as being a higher quality film than the Godfather II. What a little girl you are.

quanchi112
Wrong? Then you agree. Then you disagree. Why am I not surprised that you probably hold Troll 2 as being a higher quality film than the Godfather II. What a little girl you are. No, we simply agree. That doesn't make it a fact. Think, kid.

Robtard
No, we simply agree. That doesn't make it a fact. Think, kid.

quanchi112
Or you know, The Godfather II is factually a higher quality film than say Troll 2. smile It's subjective but then again you don't know the difference between that and objective.

Robtard
laughing out loud Can't even make up your mind. You agree. You don't agree. You agree etc.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Can't even make up your mind. You agree. You don't agree. You agree etc. I agree with an opinion which is still subjective. That doesn't make it a fact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.