Battle of Equality II (Edited and finished)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sybrael
This is a continuation of my trend of my battles of equality, though this will be more detailed. One mode is where a fraction of a team wins over someone they're equal to, and the remainders of each team must fight in a team-free-for-all. It is then that the winners are decided. The other mode is simply a round began with the team-free-for-all.

Alternation:
Obi-Wan Kenobi has Adi Gallia's lightsaber

Rules:
1. Saber
2. Force
3. Hand-to-hand
4. All-out

Match-ups:
1. Serra Keto vs. Asajj Ventress
2. Kit Fisto vs. Savage Opress
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul
4. Cin Drallig vs. Dooku / Darth Tyranus
5. Yoda vs. Palpatine / Darth Sidious

Team 1

Name: Serra Keto
Species: Human
Era: Rise of the Empire
Affiliations: Jedi Order, Galactic Republic
Profession: Sentinel
Masters: Cin Drallig
Weapons: Two lightsabers
Saber styles: Jar'Kai, Custom (Fast, dynamic, acrobatic)
Force powers: Telekinesis, Speed, Push

Name: Kit Fisto
Species: Nautolan
Height: 1.96 meters
Mass: 87 kilograms
Profession: Consular
Masters: Yoda
Apprentices: Bant Eerin, Nahdar Vebb
Weapons: Lightsaber, Nahdar Vebb's lightsaber
Saber styles: Scii-Cho (with dual-blade variation)
Force powers: Force Orb, Sense, Speed, Push

Name: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Height: 1.79 meters
Mass: 77 kilograms
Affiliations: Jedi Order, Old Guard, The Young, Galactic Republic
Profession: Guardian
Masters: Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn
Apprentices: Anakin Skywalker
Weapons: Lightsaber, Adi Gallia's lightsaber (alteration)
Saber styles: Ataru, Soresu, Scii-Cho, Niman, Jar'Kai, Tae-Jitsu
Force powers: Mind Trick, Persuasion, Dominate Mind, Deflect, Repulse, Crush, Absorption

Name: Cin Drallig
Height: 1.77 meters
Profession: Swordmaster
Masters: Yoda
Apprentices: Serra Keto, Zett Jukassa, Bene, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Whie Malreaux, Anakin Skywalker
Saber styles: Scii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, Shien / Djem So, Niman
Force powers: Speed, Protection/Offense Bubble, Block, Deflect, Push

Name: Yoda
Species: Vandar's species
Height: 0.66 meters
Mass: 17 kilograms
Affiliation: Jedi Order, Jedi High Council, Galactic Republic
Profession: Jedi Consular, Swordmaster
Masters: N'Kata Del Gormo
Apprentices: Dooku, Mace Windu, Cin Drallig, Ikrit, Qu Rahn, Rahm Kota, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Oppo Rancisis
Weapons: Shoto
Saber styles: All forms, Ataru especially
Force powers: Manipulation, Thought Decipher, Push, Wave, Saber Throw, Battle Meditation, Block

Team 2

Name: Asajj Ventress
Species: Dathomirian
Height: 1.8 meters
Mass: 60 kilograms
Cybernetics: Cybernetic eye, Rage amplifier
Clans: Nightsisters
Affiliations: Jedi Order, Galactic Republic, Order of the Sith Lords, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Dark Acolytes, Nightsisters
Profession: Asassin
Masters: Ky Narec, Dooku
Weapons: Komari Vosa's lightsabers
Saber styles: Jar'Kai, Makashi
Force powers: Telekinesis, Speed, Jump, Grip, Affect Mind

Savage Opress:
Species: Dathomirian Zabrak
Height: 2.18 meters
Mass: 144.9 kilograms
Cybernetics: Prosthetic left arm
Affiliations: Nightbrothers, Nightsisters, Order of the Sith Lords, Dark Acolytes, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Shadow Collective
Profession: Juggernaut
Masters: Asajj Ventress, Dooku, Darth Maul
Weapons: Double-bladed Lightsaber
Saber styles: Juyo, Djem So, Lus-ma
Force powers: Telekinesis, Choke, Push, Pulse, Dathomirian Rage

Name: Darth Maul
Species: Dathomirian Zabrak
Height: 1.75 meters
Mass: 80 kilograms
Cybernetics: Two cybernetic legs
Affiliations: Nightbrothers, Order of the Sith Lords, Trade Federation, Ohnaka Gang, Death Watch, Black Sun, Pyke Sindicate, Hutt Cartel, Shadow Collective
Masters: Darth Sidious
Apprentices: Savage Opress
Weapons: Severed half of a double-bladed Lightsaber, Darksaber
Saber styles: Juyo, Niman, Jar'Kai
Force powers: Telekinesis, Grip, Choke, Lightning, Mechu-deru

Name: Dooku / Darth Tyranus
Height: 1.93 meters
Mass: 86 kilograms
Affiliations: Jedi Order, Galactic Republic, Lost Twenty, House Dooku, Order of the Sith Lords, Dark Acolytes, Confederacy of Independent Systems
Masters: Thame Cerulian, Yoda, Darth Sidious
Apprentices: Qui-Gon Jinn, Keelyvine Reus, Komari Vosa, Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress, Grievous, Other Dark Acolytes
Weapons: Curve-hilted Lightsaber
Saber styles: Scii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, Shien / Djem So, Niman, Juyo / Vaapad
Force powers: Telekinesis, Lightning, Choke, Living Force, Tame, Manipulation, Stealth

Name: Palpatine / Darth Sidious
Height: 1.78 meters
Mass: 75 kilograms
Affiliations: House Palpatine, Damask Holdings, Royal House of Naboo, Order of the Sith Lords, Galactic Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems
Masters: Darth Plagueis
Apprentices: Darth Athea, Darth Maul, unidentified Nikto dark side adept,
Weapons: Two Sith Lightsabers
Saber styles: Known as Sith Swordmaster, most masterful in Jar'Kai
Force powers: Lightning, Lightning Grenade, Telekinesis, Speed, Flight, Rage, Static Barrier

ares834
1. Ventress
2. Opress
3. Kenobi
4. Dooku
5. Assuming RotS incarnation it's a toss up

So team 2 wins this.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
1. Ventress
2. Opress
3. Kenobi
4. Dooku
5. Assuming RotS incarnation it's a toss up

So team 2 wins this. Agree for the most part. However, I'd put Kit above Savage in sabers/all-out.

Jedi Mom
Disagree^. He gave Ventress a lesson in the S4 final and apparantly beat Plo Koon in Sith Hunters.

Galan007
Originally posted by Jedi Mom
and apparantly beat Plo Koon in Sith Hunters. In this case, the word "beat" is a very loose term. The fight between Savage and Plo was actually quite equal-- Savage only gained the advantage when he removed Plo's breathing mask.

That was the same issue in which Bruu Jun-Fan very nearly beat Maul. thumb up

Jedi Mom
Doesn't matter even if they were equal. Plo was able to force Ventress to retreat while Fisto lost to her.

Galan007
Tbh I'd completely forgotten that Asajj battled Fisto. So yeah, your line of reasoning(ie. Savage>Asajj>Fisto) is perfectly fair. thumb up

Jedi Mom
Sounds good. thumb up

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh I'd completely forgotten that Asajj battled Fisto. So yeah, your line of reasoning(ie. Savage>Asajj>Fisto) is perfectly fair. thumb up

Savage also performed much better alongside Maul against Sidious than Kit did alongside Mace.

Galan007
^ Also a valid point. Although it's certainly not as good of a gauge as Fisto and Savage's respective battles against the same opponent(Asajj.)

The_Tempest
This is actually a pretty good thread. The only mismatch here that I see is Drallig vs. Dooku.

Ben "cA" Risa
Wouldn't Serra Keto vs. Asajj Ventress be a pretty big mismatch or could I be underestimating Keto?

Sybrael
Keto nearly beheaded Lord Vader. Ventress almost killed Luminara Unduli alone.

Kit Fisto was considered one of the greatest Consulars, and was capable of producing large storms/force explosions. He was also extremely good at TK. Savage defeated/killed Obi-Wan (surprise attack), Asajj Ventress (outmatched her in Makashi with his own brutal variant, Lus-ma), Plo Koon (nearly equal but won with a skilled swipe of his mask), Adi Gallia with physical and TK power, and Embo hand-to-hand-wise.

Obi-Wan defeated Pre Viszla, Grievous, Maul (only with rage), Ventress in a close fight, and Lord Vader. He was considered one of the greatest masters of Soresu. Darth Maul defeated Qui-Gon staff-wise, survived 20 years of clinic insanity, madness and exile. He defeated Obi-Wan twice (once on his ship, then with Force Push with desperation), a Jedi Strike Team of three, and outmatched Sidious in Jar'Kai, losing only because of Sidious' uber force power. He also defeated Pre Viszla in a hard fight of honor and neatly as well as quickly disarmed Savage of his staff after challenge of mastership.

Cin Drallig was the sole lightsaber trainer, and was an equal of Lord Vader, however losing after a brief opening in his defenses. Dooku had a tendency to toy with Kenobi, rivaled Mace Windu, Yoda, and even Sidious at one point.

Yoda and Palpatine were equally skilled in usage of the Force and lightsabers. Yoda nearly defeated Dooku and disarmed Ventress with the Force in a really quick manner. Palpatine trained several apprentices, defeated Darth Maul, managed to kill Plagueis in his sleep and utilize alchemy to hide his identity from the entire Republic as well as the Jedi Order.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sybrael
Darth Maul defeated Qui-Gon staff-wise, survived 20 years of clinic insanity, madness and exile. He defeated Obi-Wan twice (once on his ship, then with Force Push with desperation), a Jedi Strike Team of three, and outmatched Sidious in Jar'Kai, losing only because of Sidious' uber force power. Maul did not 'outmatch' Palpatine in Jai'Kai.

axel_jovan
Match-ups

1. Ventress handily
2. possibly Opress
3. Kenobi narrowly
4. Dooku owns
5. possibly Yoda

Sybrael
Originally posted by Galan007
Maul did not 'outmatch' Palpatine in Jai'Kai.

Yes, he did. Sidious was reinforced by his uber Force power, where as Maul relied on physical might.

Galan007
Maul was able to *marginally* push back Palpatine after he unlocked 'super rage mode' in the wake of his brother's death, and Palpatine's taunting(similar to the rage-boost Obi-Wan momentarily gained when he saw Maul kill Qui-Gon.) Even with this added rage-boost, however, Maul never once gained any sort of clear advantage during their one-on-one saber fight. This 'saber lock' people continuously reference as though it put Maul on par with Palps, should really be reevaluated by those same people. Palpatine starts out on his knees with Maul standing above him. Palps proceeds to stand back up to his feet(despite being at a leverage DISadvantage), and with seeming ease, physically pushes Maul a few feet backward and and down to his knees with a single back-hand-slash of his sabers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jt-V_WQW3w
(starts at 4:20.)

Clearly Palps was the stronger duelist. Even if you want to argue that their skill-level was equal(which is a drastic overestimation, given that Maul displayed absolutely nothing to warrant such praise), Palps was still the stronger duelist-- no ifs/ands/buts about it. At any rate, lets not act as though Palpatine needed to use the force to win... Utilization of the force was merely a faster/simpler means to the same end. Nothing more.

SIDIOUS 66
I'm not sure why everyone assumes Kenobi would defeat Maul. Maul consistently force owns Kenobi, and has owned him in saber combat during their first encounter during TCW. Kenobi has never truly defeated Maul during TCW, he only fought off both him and Savage and managed to injure Savage in the process, but he never defeated Maul; in fact, the fight ended with Maul knocking Kenobi nearly senseless with a force push.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I'm not sure why everyone assumes Kenobi would defeat Maul. Maul consistently force owns Kenobi, and has owned him in saber combat during their first encounter during TCW. Kenobi has never truly defeated Maul during TCW, he only fought off both him and Savage and managed to injure Savage in the process, but he never defeated Maul; in fact, the fight ended with Maul knocking Kenobi nearly senseless with a force push.
thumb up

From what I remember, Maul has atleast got Kenobi in a force choke twice. If he does it again, which I don't see no reason for him not to, he could simply impale him with his lightsaber whilst during it.

Vensai
Originally posted by Intrepid37
thumb up

From what I remember, Maul has atleast got Kenobi in a force choke twice. If he does it again, which I don't see no reason for him not to, he could simply impale him with his lightsaber whilst during it.
He was able to keep his force defenses up against Maul and Savage for an impressive amount of time. And Mauls TK attacks against him only dazed him for a few seconds. Maul would not be able to casually own a focused Kenobi. Filoni has already stated that Kenobi whipped the brothers when "focused and ready" and he can do it again if necessary.

Sybrael
Maul is now in his athletic state--I'm not talking the 2.13 meters tall version x.x

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Vensai
He was able to keep his force defenses up against Maul and Savage for an impressive amount of time. And Mauls TK attacks against him only dazed him for a few seconds. Maul would not be able to casually own a focused Kenobi. Filoni has already stated that Kenobi whipped the brothers when "focused and ready" and he can do it again if necessary.

Watch ''The Lawless'' and see Obi-Wan get choked casually by Maul. If that'd happen, poor Kenobi.

Vensai
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Watch ''The Lawless'' and see Obi-Wan get choked casually by Maul. If that'd happen, poor Kenobi.
Wasn't that after his ship was blown up and he was dazed? I'd hardly consider his force defenses to be ready in such a situation. It's like when Opress choked Ventress and Dooku when their guards were down.

Intrepid37
Don't remember. I'll get back to you later on that.

The_Tempest

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tbXgDSf4EtU/UUhlj18GuKI/AAAAAAAAAII/bLxCplG4C1o/s1600/te1dd1a_beating-a-dead-horse.gif

zvGXSe8fvrs

18:01: "Ventress and Obi-Wan together are kinda stalemating them but are eventually gonna lose in that space, in that situation; they need to flee."

18:15: "When you get to this episode, Obi-Wan is much more focused and ready. Not only that, when Adi Gallia dies, he even gains more focus and has to kinda right that wrong. He's a very skilled swordsman, he's not going to lose that fight, in that situation. It's really Maul and Savage who have overextended."

Filoni lampshades the circumstantial nature of both duels. Obi-Wan is diminished by uncertainty in the first and empowered by preparation and Adi's death in the second; the Zabraks have the advantage in the first and have "overextended" in the second.

If Obi-Wan was just that much better than the brothers, then this duel would have probably gone much differently:

MOkn3UBL51g

SIDIOUS 66

I don't think Filoni said that Kenobi "whipped" the brothers, I believe he said the brothers lost that encounter. And they did. Maul and Savage wanted to take Kenobi alive (as confirmed in "The Lawless"wink, and they failed. Kenobi managed to fight them off and injure Savage in the process, so the brothers fled. However, Maul did not flee because he was defeated, he fled because his brother was injured. Like I said, Maul ended the fight by knocking Kenobi nearly senseless with a force push, so I'm not seeing how Maul was defeated or how Kenobi could have won if Maul decided to continue with another attack after he put Kenobi at a disadvantage instead of trapping him in between rubble.

Again: Kenobi has NEVER defeated Darth Maul, whereas Maul has defeated Kenobi, and has consistently overpowered him with the force almost as easily as Dooku has. So I don't understand why most people assume that Kenobi can defeat Maul in a fight to the death.

Vensai
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't think Filoni said that Kenobi "whipped" the brothers, I believe he said the brothers lost that encounter. And they did. Maul and Savage wanted to take Kenobi alive (as confirmed in "The Lawless"wink, and they failed. Kenobi managed to fight them off and injure Savage in the process, so the brothers fled. However, Maul did not flee because he was defeated, he fled because his brother was injured. Like I said, Maul ended the fight by knocking Kenobi nearly senseless with a force push, so I'm not seeing how Maul was defeated or how Kenobi could have won if Maul decided to continue with another attack after he put Kenobi at a disadvantage instead of trapping him in between rubble.

Again: Kenobi has NEVER defeated Darth Maul, whereas Maul has defeated Kenobi, and has consistently overpowered him with the force almost as easily as Dooku has. So I don't understand why most people assume that Kenobi can defeat Maul in a fight to the death.
So you say The brothers lost the encounter and yet Kenobi never beat Maul? It seems contradictory. And of course it would sweet to torture Kenobi to death if they had the chance, but Maul would be perfectly happy to kill him then and there. At the start of the episode, Maul said his primary goal was the "demise" of Kenobi. Check the duel, Kenobi would be dead meat if he had been seconds slower in dodging the brothers' attacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.