Marvel vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Classic NES
Who has better tech?

TheHulk
Tony Stark nuff said!

-Pr-
Stark doesn't approach people like Brainiac, so don't be so hasty.

As far as the thread goes, not sure. Both companies have some excellent tech geniuses.

TheHulk
Originally posted by -Pr-
Stark doesn't approach people like Brainiac, so don't be so hasty.

As far as the thread goes, not sure. Both companies have some excellent tech geniuses. So basically it is this.

Marvel got Iron man. DC got Brainiac.

Lol Brainiac is obviously the overall smarter guy but yea when it comes to tech I still go with Stark. So since this is a thread about better tech genius! MARVEL WINS! stick out tongue

But of course in a fight Brainiac>Iron Man cool

-Pr-
Hank Pym > Stark.

TheHulk
Hank Pym > Stark. Never! I'll never accept a bio chemist being better than The Techology grandmaster that is TONY STARK!

-Pr-
laughing out loud

TheHulk
laughing out loud Oh it's true.... wink

abhilegend
Tie.

curryman
I think tie is the only reasonable answer here.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by TheHulk
Never! I'll never accept a bio chemist being better than The Techology grandmaster that is TONY STARK!
All of Tony's best feats Pym is there in the backround, the opposite can't be said...

As per op, if depends what you consider an artifact and what is tech, such as ALE, Celestials gear, & Mother/Father boxes ect.....

Avengers tech < Jla tech imho
But if cyborg gets a push and tony stays with the gotg it could change

TheHulk
Originally posted by pym-ftw
All of Tony's best feats Pym is there in the backround, the opposite can't be said...

As per op, if depends what you consider an artifact and what is tech, such as ALE, Celestials gear, & Mother/Father boxes ect.....

Avengers tech < Jla tech imho
But if cyborg gets a push and tony stays with the gotg it could change It's about time you showed up smokin'

Lololol? That is the worst logic I seem in a while...Another scienctist is there and it means something!? laughing out loud

carver9
Of course Brainiac will be one of the top dogs based off everything he's done tech wise. I would put Pym up there as well, not on Braniac level though. IM is pretty high as well, the guy just created a weapon capable of hurting an abstract. Numero uno is Reed.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Of course Brainiac will be one of the top dogs based off everything he's done tech wise. I would put Pym up there as well, not on Braniac level though. IM is pretty high as well, the guy just created a weapon capable of hurting an abstract. Numero uno is Reed. thumb up

pym-ftw
It's about time you showed up smokin'

Lololol? That is the worst logic I seem in a while...Another scienctist is there and it means something!? laughing out loud
It means he needs help, not to mention Pym told Tony that the Phoenix buster would fail prior to him firing it in AvX...

Pym>Ultron>Tony
wink

pym-ftw
Originally posted by carver9
Of course Brainiac will be one of the top dogs based off everything he's done tech wise. I would put Pym up there as well, not on Braniac level though. IM is pretty high as well, the guy just created a weapon capable of hurting an abstract. Numero uno is Reed.
blink
Pym beat Reed in there prep war...

carver9
blink
Pym beat Reed in there prep war...

But based off everything displayed on panel, Reed stomps. Hurting Celestials, Galactus, etc, etc...can't get any clearer than that. Forgot about Doom...his prep/tech is insane.

TheHulk
It means he needs help, not to mention Pym told Tony that the Phoenix buster would fail prior to him firing it in AvX...

Pym>Ultron>Tony
wink No! Stark has invented many things prior that did not include Pym or any other guy in fact! I think Richards(possibly the overall smartest guy in earth along with Dr Doom) stated once that Pym is the better Bio Chemist not the superior mechanical expert,which Richards is also very good at,but still Stark obviously has more expertise than Reed does...so logical Mech wise Stark>Reed>Pym....but again this is my logic LOL!

pym-ftw
Pym built a virtual heaven, the tech to gather souls, tech to negate Loki's magic, & built the infinite Avengers mansion.

And that's just recently...

-Pr-
Pym > your favourite scientist. Simple.

TheHulk
^NO!....just no! Sure Pym is smart now but before 2011,he did not show anything to suggest he can lace Tony's boots in Tech and that's being generous!

-Pr-
^NO!....just no! Sure Pym is smart now but before 2011,he did not show anything to suggest he can lace Tony's boots in Tech and that's being generous!

Umm... Ultron?

TheHulk
Umm... Ultron? Since when did Disasters/failed experiments count!?

-Pr-
Even if it turned out badly, it's still an amazing technological feat.

Look at the Manhattan project.

TheHulk
Even if it turned out badly, it's still an amazing technological feat.

Look at the Manhattan project. Okay this is a good question. Whether or not Pym is smarter in tech,this is a important question....With all of Tony's tech/robotics/mechanical expertise and resources,would you agree he could have also created something like Ultron or again with his experience and resources something better? Which would actually equal worst,if something was made more powerful than Ultron if turned evil. embarrasment

-Pr-
No idea, tbh.

TheHulk
No idea, tbh. No idea? More like no faith in the Guy who is most famous for his mechanical inventions....

pym-ftw
His AI aren't at that level, but he could build a very formidable shell for him.

-Pr-
No idea? More like no faith in the Guy who is most famous for his mechanical inventions....

Don't assume.

TheHulk
His AI aren't at that level, but he could build a very formidable shell for him. I don't understand lol? I'm talking about building another Ultron before Pym...or at least something like him..

TheHulk
Don't assume. Lol sorry but it's the truth!....face it Ask any writer or fan,who is the Tech genius of Marvel,the first guy that pops in their heads is Iron Man! I mean again isn't that whats his famous for? Generally building stuff?

pym-ftw
Pym is called the "God of Artificial Intelligence" for a reason.

Jarvis isn't even close to Ultron.

-Pr-
Lol sorry but it's the truth!....face it Ask any writer or fan,who is the Tech genius of Marvel,the first guy that pops in their heads is Iron Man! I mean again isn't that whats his famous for? Generally building stuff?

They wouldn't say Reed?

pym-ftw
Lol sorry but is the truth!....face it Ask any writer or fan,who is the Tech genius of Marvel,the first guy that pops in their heads is Iron Man! I mean again isn't that whats his famous for? Generally building stuff?
Doesn't mean much, I've seen people on this board who think Batman is the smartest person in the dc universe.

TheHulk
Doesn't mean much, I've seen people on this board who think Batman is the smartest person in the dc universe. Well averagely people or fanboys will fail to recognize the difference between superb detective ability and extremely excellent thinking to actual Science wise Intelligience.....

TheHulk
Pym is called the "God of Artificial Intelligence" for a reason.

Jarvis isn't even close to Ultron. Lol well its either this 3 things

1.A.I is something Pym is better than Tony

2.Tony can do way better than settle with Jarvis.

3.Ultron intelligence growing is considered a ft for Pym.

TheHulk
They wouldn't say Reed? Nahg if you ask who is the overall most smartest guy than yea...well they think Dr Doom too.

pym-ftw
Lol well its either this 3 things

1.A.I is something Pym is better than Tony

2.Tony can do way better than settle with Jarvis.

3.Ultron intelligence growing is considered a ft for Pym.
True,

Feats?

Kinda, Pym built an evolving AI so yeah it counts

TheHulk
True,

Feats?

1.It's up for debate!

2.Lol I meant *if* Tony can make a better A.I than Jarvis. But honestl I wouldn't want him too cause I love Jarvis smile

3.I think the A.I itself envolving is the A.I ft alone.

EditmessedCREW THIS! Just wait till my buddy Blair Wind gets here!

pym-ftw
Your arguing that Tony could, I'm telling you Pym has these feats...

TheHulk
Your arguing that Tony could, I'm telling you Pym has these feats... Lol you actually mention 1 ft or 2 but I mention facts my friend, Tony is seen as the best mechanical expert in Marvel. Yes this is a fts based forum but again this are facts! Well than again with fts Bruce Banner has build things on Par with Dr Doom and Richards stuff,with just scraps,which helps a argument of him being just as good as Stark is,while Stark has nigh unlimited resources....

But hey I'll give you this. Pym back then lol was easily seen as a man behind(3rd place) Mr Fantastic and Dr Doom.....back then..

pym-ftw
60's era? Pym was the leader of the team

80's era he was either leading the Wc Avengers or as a scientist, then he was pretty sporadic..

2000's till now was his redemption and a lot of solid feats.

Ok, back to my original point, what is Starks best solo feat?

TheHulk
60's era? Pym was the leader of the team

80's era he was either leading the Wc Avengers or as a scientist, then he was pretty sporadic..

2000's till now was his redemption and a lot of solid feats.

Ok, back to my original point, what is Starks best solo feat? Damn...see that's the problem...I never read a IM Comic since 2004 and most of his fts I remember are battles.

TO THE RESPECT THREAD!

TheHulk
Lol if building Ultron is a ft...well no inventions has topped that in Iron Man list...

pym-ftw
Agreed

TheHulk
Agreed But we really can not say "well he built Ultron so that's it,Pym is better!" No cause I just realized something him building the Iron Man armor and all it's other versions is a ft itself! Lol don't be surprised if he build a Ultron Buster Armor wink

Golgo13
I think the top two races for tech in DC are the Monitors and the New Gods. Monitors has the high end feat with Cosmic Armor Superman and New Gods have universal, Multiversal tech feats with Worlogog and Genesis Box, etc... Among other things like time machines, mother boxes, etc...

Marvel has Celestials and their earth bound geniuses like Reed and Doom. It's close.

Cogito
Originally posted by abhilegend
Tie.
thumb up
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think the top two races for tech in DC are the Monitors and the New Gods. Monitors has the high end feat with Cosmic Armor Superman and New Gods have universal, Multiversal tech feats with Worlogog and Genesis Box, etc... Among other things like time machines, mother boxes, etc...

Marvel has Celestials and their earth bound geniuses like Reed and Doom. It's close.
thumb up

Impossible to say it's not a tie.

Odekahn
Ultron is the best, both Pym and Stark have unsuccessfully been trying to duplicate his tech buts its far too advanced. Ultron is the smartest technologically.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Odekahn
Ultron is the best, both Pym and Stark have unsuccessfully been trying to duplicate his tech buts its far too advanced. Ultron is the smartest technologically.
confused

Pym completely owned Ultron the last two times they fought

Odekahn
confused

Pym completely owned Ultron the last two times they fought

This isn't about who wins a fight, it's about who has better tech.

Ultron has the biggest feat by far, building a robotic AI power enough to completely take over the earth.

It's explained in Age of Ultron that Pym only planted the seed. He created an AI to be smarter than humans. Then THAT AI created a future more advanced Ultron, which created another, and it's so far beyond humans that they cannot hope to duplicate the same technology.

Ultron built Ultron.

pym-ftw
Lets let AoU play out first before we start talking about about it...

TheHulk
This isn't about who wins a fight, it's about who has better tech.

Ultron has the biggest feat by far, building a robotic AI power enough to completely take over the earth.

It's explained in Age of Ultron that Pym only planted the seed. He created an AI to be smarter than humans. Then THAT AI created a future more advanced Ultron, which created another, and it's so far beyond humans that they cannot hope to duplicate the same technology.

Ultron built Ultron. Thank you man! thumb up You see this is exactly what I mean Pym! Ultron made himself smarter through the A.I....Not he himself is the A.I and it was just growing randomly as if Pym meant to build something like that.

pym-ftw
confused
I said building the AI was the feat, Ultron's tech is his own as far as feats go...

Golgo13
If Brainiac and Ultron met, they should definitely team up. Both have some uber ass tech.

Odekahn
If Brainiac and Ultron met, they should definitely team up. Both have some uber ass tech.

Actually I agree that Brainiac is the closest thing DC has to Ultron. They are both really awesome. I would have to give the solid edge to Ultron though.

I'm sure Forge would fall somewhere between the highs and lows of this debate.

Golgo13
Brainiac has shown more versatile tech from what I have seen. Especially when you go into the other brainiac's like Brainiac 5, who has one of the most awesome tech, pre-crisis.

Odekahn
Brainiac has shown more versatile tech from what I have seen. Especially when you go into the other brainiac's like Brainiac 5, who has one of the most awesome tech, pre-crisis.

Ultron has taken over Marvel Earth from the FUTURE. What has Brainiac done more impressive than that?

Golgo13
Ultron has taken over Marvel Earth from the FUTURE. What has Brainiac done more impressive than that?

B5 has built a machine called the Concentrator, which allowed him to manipulate every joule of energy and do what he likes on a whim.

Odekahn
B5 has built a machine called the Concentrator, which allowed him to manipulate every joule of energy and do what he likes on a whim.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29155898.jpg

Is it current canon?

Odekahn
double post

Golgo13
No, it was a Pre-Crisis feat.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/PC_zps4200023e.jpg

Odekahn
No, it was a Pre-Crisis feat.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/PC_zps4200023e.jpg

Ah. I personally wouldn't bring precrisis to the table in this discussion, but I see where you're coming from.

Odekahn
Also you'll have to forgive me, I just now saw that you stated it was pre-crisis in the original post. My bad, I'm on some... meds. lol.

abhilegend
Pre-crisis Legion stories are canon after LO3W.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.