The Starbrand vs Lord Mar-Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
KO or Death.

Who wins?

No BFR.

Damborgson
Lord-Marvell imo. Starbrand was pretty tough, but I could see Marvell repeating his feats also.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Lord-Marvell imo. Starbrand was pretty tough, but I could see Marvell repeating his feats also.

You think the team that took on the Starbrand would be thrown about like the Starbrand did to them? I think we are all going to be surprised by the power of the Brand.

Khazra Reborn
IMO Lord Mar-Vell was ultimately unimpressive, even as a total noob Starbrand seems more powerful.

Damborgson
yeah, I think so. Marvell was packing some serious power. So was starbrand of course. I can see it going either way with an edge to Marvell.

carver9
Marvell had to shield himself from Nova Prime. Starbrand withstood a hammer throw from Thor and attacks from both Ironman and Hyperion without pause. Marvell would have been ktfo by that attack Hulk did from above. The starbrand felt it but a couple of panels later, he was up. Starbrand gets the majority imo.

Damborgson
durability wise he was pretty good yeah. He resisted having hulk thrown at him from space without even getting ko'd. Infact, he didn't get ko'd by Hulk, hyperion and Thor either...hmmm...>_<

carver9
Lol...I see what you did there. I don't think Hulk koed him either but he was stunned.

Damborgson
Heh. big grin

Yeah, he was.

Horrificus
Starbrand

TheHulk
Everytime I see Carver and Damborgson together....*sigh*

Lol anyway I give this to Starbrand 6/10

@Carver9 K.O is a strong word....Stun is a weak word for what was shown in that comic.....I say Starbrand was rocked,yea that's the better word....

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Marvell had to shield himself from Nova.
Dunno bout that. If we're talkin bout the same panel, looked to me Mar-Vell was tankin Richie's blast blitz. I could be wrong, but wutevas.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Dunno bout that. If we're talkin bout the same panel, looked to me Mar-Vell was tankin Richie's blast blitz. I could be wrong, but wutevas. He was waving away his attacks pretty much.

Starbrand is tough, and holding back, but he doesn't have the feats of casually one shot killing Magus who was what overlapping timelines? Casually one shotting Surfer without hitting him... and was about to kill the entire team had Q not shielded them all.

The only Starbrand with the "feats" is the Reed Starbrand. And judging by what he did, he'd crush Mar-Vell.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He was waving away his attacks pretty much.

Starbrand is tough, and holding back, but he doesn't have the feats of casually one shot killing Magus who was what overlapping timelines? Casually one shotting Surfer without hitting him... and was about to kill the entire team had Q not shielded them all.

The only Starbrand with the "feats" is the Reed Starbrand. And judging by what he did, he'd crush Mar-Vell.
Just looked at it again. I like ure description better. Not an actual shield, but he was easily waving away NP's blitz.

zopzop
Lord Mar-vell for the absolute destruction.

LOL @ the people in this thread that think Ellis/Hickman Starbrand stands any chance.

And what did he do exactly? Get one shotted by a Rogue Celestial? Mar-vell CANNOT be killed by the Rogues. ReedBrand was a bloody mess on the floor.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop
And what did he do exactly? Get one shotted by a Rogue Celestial? Mar-vell CANNOT be killed by the Rogues. ReedBrand was a bloody mess on the floor. Took out a Celestial

Several Skyfather levels above anything it's ever done before or after.

zopzop
Took out a Celestial

Several Skyfather levels above anything it's ever done before or after.
When? People keep mentioning this incident but never post the scan. Do you have it? I'm just curious.

Also, staring down the LT > destroying a Rogue Celestial IMHO.

Damborgson
Originally posted by TheHulk
Everytime I see Carver and Damborgson together....*sigh*

Are you hitting on us?

Branlor Swift
When? People keep mentioning this incident but never post the scan. Do you have it? I'm just curious.

Also, staring down the LT > destroying a Rogue Celestial IMHO.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ff_572_005.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ff_572_008.jpg

It's already down when Reed fires his IG blast.

It was severely powered up when it tried to face LT. No normal level feat comes close to the Celestial one.
Reed I guess just knows how to use everything. Although I do like the whole "I'm a noob and holding back" angle to make it seem possible that it can tank 3 HH's but they can give him a fight.

New Starbrand loses.
Reed stomps.
The others lose.
Erek wins if she's powered up... badly.

zopzop
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ff_572_005.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ff_572_008.jpg

It's already down when Reed fires his IG blast.
Ok wait, so you're saying it's the one that's down with that smoldering hole in it's chest? I always assumed it was Reed's IG blast that did that. But you could be right, it's already down when Reed blasts the other Rogues.

But still, it's not that impressive. Keep in mind, Fire Guy Reed dropped a Rogue Celestial. I don't think it was dead (the battle was too chaotic at that point), but it was keeled over.

Powered up? You mean the Nexus Guardians that joined Ereshikegal (sp)? She didn't even need them. She casually destroyed at least 8 of them who were against her. If she wanted to, she would have annihilated the 5 that joined her.

The LT even compared the power of the Starbrand to an abstract and she only had it for a few hours (she literally acquired it in the previous issue and went on to the Nexus of All Realities to wreck sh|t).

The destruction of all things Classic Marvel continues under these hacks posing as writers.

Branlor Swift

Ok wait, so you're saying it's the one that's down with that smoldering hole in it's chest? I always assumed it was Reed's IG blast that did that. But you could be right, it's already down when Reed blasts the other Rogues.

But still, it's not that impressive. Keep in mind, Fire Guy Reed dropped a Rogue Celestial. I don't think it was dead (the battle was too chaotic at that point), but it was keeled over.
No he didn't. He shot one in the back. The one that was keeled over was standing in front of Starbrand Reed before he got dropped. A Celestial also tanked a UN in the same scene...

Powered up? You mean the Nexus Guardians that joined Ereshikegal (sp)? She didn't even need them. She casually destroyed at least 8 of them who were against her. If she wanted to, she would have annihilated the 5 that joined her.

The LT even compared the power of the Starbrand to an abstract and she only had it for a few hours (she literally acquired it in the previous issue and went on to the Nexus of All Realities to wreck sh|t).

The destruction of all things Classic Marvel continues under these hacks posing as writers. Still a powerup. Hell, in the same arc, I believe Kayla had trouble with Kismet when the former had the Starbrand...

Comparing is a little different than actually doing. The Starbrand has little in the way of feats. The original Starbrand's best feat was like city level. New Starbrand is a worldly herald who fought double universe Hyperion. Reed Starbrand took down a Celestial. And we're supposed to take Ereshkigal's hype as the true Starbrand level?

zopzop
No he didn't. He shot one in the back. The one that was keeled over was standing in front of Starbrand Reed before he got dropped. A Celestial also tanked a UN in the same scene...
I'm referring to this scene :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43353/1027648-celestials.jpg
You're saying the Celestial was down BEFORE Fire Reed blasted him? I don't have the issues so I'm just going by scans I've seen posted here and on comicvine.

Also, yeah a RC survived the UN but a RC was slagged by Reed's Entropy Gun. Entropy Gun > UN? AFR > UN? Amped Galactus > UN? Hickman is a moron.

Nah, she was holding back the entire time, when she got serious Her/Kismet was one-shotted :
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9610/oneshot.th.jpg

Merely TRANSFERRING the original Starbrand (to get rid of the responsibility of having it) to an inanimate object nuked an entire city and left a smoldering crater in it's wake. ALL the original Starbrand users held back.

The Gruenwald's Starbrand :
a) Reconstructed Quasar's NULLIFIED, then KILLED, then DESTROYED soul/spirit when he only had a MILLIONTH of it
b) Destroyed an entire space armada that wrecked the Analyzer (the dude that had harvested powers from various superhumans on Earth to deal with the Black Fleet threatening his world)
c) Caused the LT to back down from a confrontation with it TWICE

New Starbrand can't deal with 1 jobber high herald, 1 elite brick and 1 unknown (Hyperion). They worked him good.

Branlor Swift

I'm referring to this scene :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43353/1027648-celestials.jpg
You're saying the Celestial was down BEFORE Fire Reed blasted him? I don't have the issues so I'm just going by scans I've seen posted here and on comicvine.

Also, yeah a RC survived the UN but a RC was slagged by Reed's Entropy Gun. Entropy Gun > UN? AFR > UN? Amped Galactus > UN? Hickman is a moron.

Nah, she was holding back the entire time, when she got serious Her/Kismet was one-shotted :
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9610/oneshot.th.jpg

Merely TRANSFERRING the original Starbrand (to get rid of the responsibility of having it) to an inanimate object nuked an entire city and left a smoldering crater in it's wake. ALL the original Starbrand users held back.

The Gruenwald's Starbrand :
a) Reconstructed Quasar's NULLIFIED, then KILLED, then DESTROYED soul/spirit when he only had a MILLIONTH of it
b) Destroyed an entire space armada that wrecked the Analyzer (the dude that had harvested powers from various superhumans on Earth to deal with the Black Fleet threatening his world)
c) Caused the LT to back down from a confrontation with it TWICE

New Starbrand can't deal with 1 jobber high herald, 1 elite brick and 1 unknown (Hyperion). They worked him good. Fire Reed is blasting a different Celestial. The one's that's bent over is consistent with the blast Starbrand Reed inflicted on the other one. And Starbrand Reed was in the right spot to do so.

And current Starbrand was holding back against 3 elite level in power heralds and a bunch more characters. As opposed to having trouble with one weak character in Kismet.

And that's what, like the best feat it had?
Face it, Hickman's Starbrand is more like the Original than Gruenwald's "Cosmic powa" was.

Gruenwald's hype completely goes against it. And also it's done nothing besides LT pondering it, while powered up.

Also, killing a Celestial > Any actual feat any Starbrand has done.

zopzop
Fire Reed is blasting a different Celestial. The one's that's bent over is consistent with the blast Starbrand Reed inflicted on the other one. And Starbrand Reed was in the right spot to do so.
Dammit, you're right. The art is confusing. But it still looks like Fire Reed blew a chunk of it off.

But I just showed you the scan. She was holding back because she didn't want to wreck the city. She even stated so on panel then when she got pissed, she proceeded to one shot Kismet.

No, the LT avoided it a second time. When Skeletron had it and Stranger escaped the New Universe Multiverse and gave Skeletron the slip. The LT demanded the Stranger send back the New Universe Earth to it's rightful multiverse, but the Stranger advised him against that saying "It would release a hideously powerful entity" and the LT relented and instead sealed off the New Universe Earth from the 616 multiverse.

Twice the LT had a chance to humble the Starbrand, twice he relented.

Again, ReedBrand killed a RC. They were all over the place. Surviving a UN blast yet being killed by an Entropy Gun, ReedBrand, Galactus, AFR. There is NO WAY in hell that any of those things are more powerful than a UN blast. Hickman is a fool.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor and Hulk fanfic

First time I read that. Lmfao that was amazing.

psycho gundam
it's possibly the peace bridge between our two religions (no homo)

Mr Master
The greatest feat the Starbrand has under its belt
is the Reed putting a Celestial down.

The LT fiasco has been debated over & over.
Erishkigal did absolutely nothing of significance in that story
while empowered by the Starbrand alone,
except for killing a weakened Man-Thing.

Also, LT backed down? ... disagree good friend,
more like plot was written for Quasar to end up as the hero,
which could not involve an LT shit stomp of that silly Starbrand.

But it was made clear: (when LT spoke to the GuardianS Amped Erishkigal)

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15718583_EK10.jpg

The LT felt she may be a "potential peer to the abstract Entities"

But could not "withstand the power of the Living Tribunal"

------------------------------------------

That's the bottom line ...The rest is plot driven so Quasar can be the man.

Another bottomline: Without the Nexus of Realities & the Amp from the 8 Guardians,
Erishkigal could Not affect reality.

A "Nexus!" ... heck harnessing a Nexus's access to universeS can
make even Phoenix touch every reality, or Havok, or New Son ... I could go on.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
The greatest feat the Starbrand has under its belt
is the Reed putting a Celestial down.

The LT fiasco has been debated over & over.
Erishkigel did absolutely nothing of significance in that story
while empowered by the Starbrand alone,
except for killing a weakened Man-Thing.

Also, LT backed down? ...
more like plot was written for Quasar to end up as the hero,
which could not involve an LT shit stomp of that silly Starbrand.

But it was made clear:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15718583_EK10.jpg

The LT felt she may be a "potential peer to the abstract Entities"
But could not "withstand the power of the Living Tribunal"

------------------------------------------

That's the bottom line ...The rest is plot driven so Quasar can be the man.
Yes, he threatened to enlist "the mighty of the multiverse" to oppose her! Think about it.

That was the first time he backed down.

The second time he backed down was the Skeletron/Stranger example. He decided against unleashing Skeletron and instead sealed off New Universe Earth.

He backed down from a fight against a serious Starbrand wielder TWICE Mr. M.

Also we went over the "potential peer of the Abstracts" thing before. Gruenwald had a VERY HIGH OPINION of abstract beings, see how Maelstrom trolled IG Thanos under his pen.

Mr Master
^^ I'm still a believer of the rumor that Gruenwald was on shrooms
during that era of writing.

The 'in your face' contradictory dialogue/depictions is unseemly.

LT states one thing in absolute confidence, then suggests enlisting others.

Maelstrom (Amped diculous) trolls Thanos/IG.

Thanos IG stomps Infinity's = Eternity in one move.

Maelstrom (Amped diculous including merging with Oblivion) is STALEMATED
by just Infinity (Eternity's equal) empowered Quasar.
(Gruenwald himself literally places Eternity/Infinity/Oblivion/Death as equals in said arc)

ka-dur ... uhh, actually ... stoned - "is the way of the walk"

eaebiakuya
The Celestials didnt tanked a FULL BLAST of UN in Hickman run.

It was a UN shot, but not with full power. A clear shot of that (full confidence of the user) would kill any Celestial IMO.

Sundipped
Yeah, Gruenwald was trippy. Psychedelic trippy for having Maelstrom troll Thanos, die in a black hole, then suffer from a lack of cosmic awareness after being backed by Oblivion.

The same way it's suspected Gruenwald was stoned, Zop probably thinks Hickman is currently on Molly or something. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.