Mr. X vs Spider Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

KingD19
Spidey's firmly in the speed/reaction category where X can predict his next moves, but he won't be able to keep up with them if Spidey doesn't f*ck around.

Uriel005
Spidey handily... predict away and watch as spidey eventually webs up his options. Mr.X gets his head caved in and his mobility and capacity to dodge eventually gets shut down by webbing which spells his doom as spidey has a speed advantage and his spidey sense is as good as Mr. X telepathy as long as writers aren't dicking with it. Also if Spidey goes based on purely reacting via spidey sense there isnt much mr. x can do to stop him as theres nothing to read.

Mshinu
Mr X wrecks bugboy and mounts him for display.

Nibedicus
Mr. X: I can read your moves and I know that you're about to punch me in the teeth!!!

Mr. X: My theeth!! T_T

godking
X gets torn a new *******.

His gimmick of low level telepathy wont work on someone like spiderman.

JakeTheBank
I can see X giving Peter trouble before he ends it.

Otto would massacre him.

curryman
Originally posted by godking
X gets torn a new *******.

His gimmick of low level telepathy wont work on someone like spiderman.

Why wouldn't it?

SamZED
It would work but at the end of the day wont save him.
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Mr. X: I can read your moves and I know that you're about to punch me in the teeth!!!

Mr. X: My theeth!! T_T Lol this.

abhilegend
Spidey wins.

Lord Feron
X might smack spidey around for a bit until spidey realizes what he is capable of and knocks it up a notch on the speed/swiftness department and just out performs him. Similar to what quicksilver did but to a much less degree.

spider-man

Uriel005
Originally posted by curryman
Why wouldn't it? because its basically spidersense but reading a thought.... Additionally as i said if Parker goes purely reaction based on spider sense to deal with X there is not a damn thing he could do other than sit back and disengage. Furthermore if this is Otto then X gets his bones broken any time he decides to block and his skull caved in.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Mr. X: My theeth!! T_T

thumb up

curryman
Originally posted by Uriel005
because its basically spidersense but reading a thought.... Additionally as i said if Parker goes purely reaction based on spider sense to deal with X there is not a damn thing he could do other than sit back and disengage. Furthermore if this is Otto then X gets his bones broken any time he decides to block and his skull caved in.

It's not "basically spidersense"

It's completely different.

Uriel005
It's not "basically spidersense"

It's completely different. ... the man uses it to preemptively negate attacks... the difference being it doesn't work on non-organics/natural hazards.

it's also a lot more precise than spider-sense

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
it's also a lot more precise than spider-sense

And a lot easier to fudge up. Psi blocking tech makes tp based powers one of the easiest to defend against.

yes, but in his case, it doesnt even take that. he cant read instinctual reactions

godking
Why wouldn't it? Because being able to predict something and being able to stop it are two completly different things.

Is spiderman gets serious there is not a damn thing that X can do against spidermans vastly superior speed.

Everybody has a plan until they get hit.

And once spiderman uses his full speed and reaction time X will get hit hard and he wont be able to stop it.

A good example is a boxing match between a past his prime formely great fighter and a young up and comer.

The past his prime fighter still has his skills but simply does not have speed and reaction time anymore to keep up wih the younger fighter regardless of wether he can predict what the younger fighter is going to do.

motha****a have you not watched rocky 6?

KingD19
To make it simple. Yes, X can see what Spidey will do before he does it. But Spidey is sooooo fast that he won't be able to react. It already happened with Quicksilver. Spidey's not that fast, but he's more than fast enough to overwhelm X and take him down with speed.

curryman
Because being able to predict something and being able to stop it are two completly different things.

Is spiderman gets serious there is not a damn thing that X can do against spidermans vastly superior speed.

Everybody has a plan until they get hit.

And once spiderman uses his full speed and reaction time X will get hit hard and he wont be able to stop it.

A good example is a boxing match between a past his prime formely great fighter and a young up and comer.

The past his prime fighter still has his skills but simply does not have speed and reaction time anymore to keep up wih the younger fighter regardless of wether he can predict what the younger fighter is going to do.

He doesn't predict it.

His body automatically responds to it.

Get over your terrible analogies and actually look up the character you're discussing. Bring up Quicksilver if you want but him at one of his stronger points, at which he was under siege, is in no way comparable to Spidey.

godking
He doesn't predict it.

His body automatically responds to it.

Get over your terrible analogies and actually look up the character you're discussing. Bring up Quicksilver if you want but him at one of his stronger points, at which he was under siege, is in no way comparable to Spidey. His body cant respond fast enough to deal with a spiderman who does not hold back.

curryman
His body cant respond fast enough to deal with a spiderman who does not hold back.

I disagree.

KingD19
You can disagree, doesn't mean you're right. Spidey has years of feats of him showing he's out of X's league, especially when he's serious.

curryman
Originally posted by KingD19
You can disagree, doesn't mean you're right. Spidey has years of feats of him showing he's out of X's league, especially when he's serious.

Years of feats against a character who only has a handful of issues.

In those issues Mr.X sure did a lot better against Wolverine and Taskmaster than Spidey ever did.

cdtm
Years of feats against a character who only has a handful of issues.

In those issues Mr.X sure did a lot better against Wolverine and Taskmaster than Spidey ever did.

Mr. X didn't look better then Spider Oct. stick out tongue

Against Logan, he did look like a million bucks, and yet has he really looked as good since?

In the Wolverine comics, you'd think he's unbeatable.. Since then, he's had showings as low as having trouble from Luke Cage because of an inability to read his thoughts.

curryman
Originally posted by cdtm
Mr. X didn't look better then Spider Oct. stick out tongue

Against Logan, he did look like a million bucks, and yet has he really looked as good since?

In the Wolverine comics, you'd think he's unbeatable.. Since then, he's had showings as low as having trouble from Luke Cage because of an inability to read his thoughts.

Well, he did actually stick out tongue

He has looked very good since. I don't particularly care much for the character but no one can deny that he looked hella dangerous in Thunderbolts. Took out Songbird and Black Widow like it was nobody's business.

Obviously he needs his powers to win, otherwise he's just a good martial artist. I don't see the relevance in a thread where his powers work just fine.

KingD19
He beat Wolverine how many times? I remember he beat him once. Then Wolverine went "feral" and he couldn't read him. Then he just flat out refused to fight him another time.

Spidey is one of those characters who can fight without thought and take away X's main power. He's also one of those characters who when not f*cking around, will destroy X.

curryman
He beat Wolverine how many times? I remember he beat him once. Then Wolverine went "feral" and he couldn't read him. Then he just flat out refused to fight him another time.

Spidey is one of those characters who can fight without thought and take away X's main power. He's also one of those characters who when not f*cking around, will destroy X.

When Wolverine's not feral he can't even touch X, and they fought three times.

He's not locking onto their thoughts so Spidey not thinking wouldn't do anything. How much do you really know about this guy and how his powers work? You think he's reading their minds?

cdtm
His powers are supposed to work on nerve impulses. I believe it was originally portrayed as tp in his initial Wolverine comics run, though, and the nerve impulse explanation came later.

Also, the nerve impulse reading power set shouldn't have been affected by "feral Wolverine", as nerve impulses act independently of rational thought. Ditto Danny's "Drunken Style" somehow blunting his ability, which was never explained but, regardless, should not prevent Danny's moves from being telegraphed if X is reading nerve impulses.

If Feral Wolverine works against X's powers, "Pure Spidey sense" Spidey should work just as well.

KingD19
Yeah. The point I'm making is those things "shouldn't" work against X's powers, but they've constantly been shown too. Feral Logan, Drunken Danny, he even couldn't read Luke for some reason.

Spidey simply reacting to him would make it a no contest. And that's if he didn't use his webs.

curryman
Originally posted by cdtm
His powers are supposed to work on nerve impulses. I believe it was originally portrayed as tp in his initial Wolverine comics run, though, and the nerve impulse explanation came later.

Also, the nerve impulse reading power set shouldn't have been affected by "feral Wolverine", as nerve impulses act independently of rational thought. Ditto Danny's "Drunken Style" somehow blunting his ability, which was never explained but, regardless, should not prevent Danny's moves from being telegraphed if X is reading nerve impulses.

If Feral Wolverine works against X's powers, "Pure Spidey sense" Spidey should work just as well.

You can argue that Wolverine's feral sense is as much a physical thing as a mental one, but his power-clarification took place AFTER his fights with Wolverine. You could make the same argument with Danny's drunken style, but that was a very brief skirmish and obviously they just needed a way of having Danny deal with him smile

Not sure how Spidey would know how to go all Spider on him. He does it so rarely.

KingD19
X has the habit of explaining how his powers work to his opponents. Even if he didn't, Spidey is one of the smartest heroes on the planet, he'd figure it out eventually, and he's fast enough to dodge X's attacks until he does, and durable enough to tank anything that he does manage to get hit by.

You can argue that Wolverine's feral sense is as much a physical thing as a mental one, but his power-clarification took place AFTER his fights with Wolverine. You could make the same argument with Danny's drunken style, but that was a very brief skirmish and obviously they just needed a way of having Danny deal with him smile

none of which matters because his defeats at their hands remains canon and it is absurd to claim x can actually read opponents whose body movements are subconsciously determined.

curryman
Originally posted by 753
none of which matters because his defeats at their hands remains canon and it is absurd to claim x can actually read opponents whose body movements are subconsciously determined.

Absurd? It's how his powers work.

BUSTER1
Parker Spiderman would take this, even before he learned kung fu

FACT!

KingD19
Well they obviously don't work that well. At least three times he's been unable to read opponents nerve impulses if he couldn't read their mind.

curryman
Well they obviously don't work that well. At least three times he's been unable to read opponents nerve impulses if he couldn't read their mind.

He still needs to make the telepathic connection.

I'm not saying it's not telepathy, I'm saying that he's not reading their thoughts. His powers only function if he can connect to the target. Obviously he can't connect with Wolverine when he's in feral mode.

It makes perfect sense when you consider how his powers were first awakened smile

Absurd? It's how his powers work. it obviously isn't. he has failed time and again to read subconscious impulses, the half-assed retcon explanation for his powerset notwithstanding.

curryman
Originally posted by 753
it obviously isn't. he has failed time and again to read subconscious impulses, the half-assed retcon explanation for his powerset notwithstanding.

Needs the link.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.