Heroes vs. Zombie Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
A group of heroes wake up from a coma 1 year after a zombie apocalypse has started. They are grouped into teams of 3, and their task is to kill as many zombies as they can, find survivors and form them into a resistance group or even small village, and defend/attack against any other aggressive resistance groups of people (yeah I've been watching too much TDW). The teams are:

Team 1: Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye
Team 2: Batman, Roscharch, Silk Spectre
Team 3: Wolverine, Punisher, Daredevil
Team 4: Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas
Team 5: Achilles, Conan (Momoa), Xena
Team 6: Frank Martin, Jason Bourne, Salt
Team 7: Rambo, James Bonde (Craig), McClane
Team 8: Roadblock, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes
Team 9: Rocky, Yuri Boyka, IP Man

The zombies they'll be facing are modified RAGE zombies (28 days/weeks later). They're fast and strong as if they were on roids and doesn't feel pain. They're not only limited to biting and scratching but are also capable of other aggressive physical attacks like eye-gouging, smashing heads on walls, strangling, punching, kicking, etc... If any human gets bit or scratched, or even get infected blood in their eyes or mouth, they will turn within 5-20 secs. A few modifications I'd like to add to the RAGE zombies are: they can only be killed by disabling the brain, so headshots and decapitations and stuff. They don't starve and they don't get tired. Any human who dies (even a natural death) will turn into a zombie within 5-20 seconds. Zombies can detect humans by sound, smell, or sight.

Additional stipulations:
*All heroes are equipped with their basic gear and weapons. They are allowed to scavenge for other weapons. Due to hygienic purposes, they'll need to switch into civilian clothes sometime or later
* As it is already a year after the outbreak of the apocalypse, food and supplies is now very scarce. Most of the weapons were already scavenged by other survivors. There's no electricity and fuel is very rare... so no vehicles for this fight.
* We will assume that all hero teams are hostile towards one another and will consider each other threats to their own group of survivors.
* Any hero can get infected, even Wolverine with his HF. Any hero who dies will turn into a zombie.

So, which team kills the most zombies? Which team is most successful in organizing other survivors into a working group/small village? Which team is most likely to survive the longest against the zombies and against other teams (if team vs. team fighting eventually happens).

the ninjak
Probably Batman's team. Due to resources, a flying machine and plenty of hideouts.
No doubt he'd have a few fallout shelters with enough food to last.
The rest of em get bit eventually. Logan won't last long with the downgrade.

When it comes to dealing with survivors.
Batmans only competition would be Cap. Both are famous icons known by the public.

But Batman wins this. The Watchmen are just bonuses.

Lestov16
So, which team kills the most zombies?

Robtard

Lestov16
Originally posted by Robtard

thumb up I approve of this ranking

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
Probably Batman's team. Due to resources, a flying machine and plenty of hideouts.
No doubt he'd have a few fallout shelters with enough food to last.
The rest of em get bit eventually. Logan won't last long with the downgrade.

When it comes to dealing with survivors.
Batmans only competition would be Cap. Both are famous icons known by the public.

But Batman wins this. The Watchmen are just bonuses.

Well fuel is very scarce, so I don't think Batman's machines will be much use here. Maybe one excursion or two but that's it. The shelters will be very useful though. But I forgot to mention that this is a long term thing, like who will get to make their group survive for the longest time, so sooner or later his stores will run out and they'll have to hunt or scavenge for food.

Batman's team can still probably win, just thought I'd point out a few things.

the ninjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well fuel is very scarce, so I don't think Batman's machines will be much use here. Maybe one excursion or two but that's it. The shelters will be very useful though. But I forgot to mention that this is a long term thing, like who will get to make their group survive for the longest time, so sooner or later his stores will run out and they'll have to hunt or scavenge for food.

Batman's team can still probably win, just thought I'd point out a few things.

You think Batman wouldn't plan ahead and have reserve resources of fuel for his Batplane and Batmobiles????

Only accessible by him, Morgan Freeman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt???

Madness.

Batman wins. Every billionaire has Safe Rooms. Wayne would have at least......5.

And a Batman with access to his basic equipment can traverse the zombie plagued Gotham and reach one of them easily.

Robtard
I was under the impression that "basic gear and weapons" didn't include hideouts, bases, vehicles and a wealth of resources. eg Batarangs, Batsuit, grappling-device would be basic gear; not his chateau in the Swiss Alps.

FrothByte
I was under the impression that "basic gear and weapons" didn't include hideouts, bases, vehicles and a wealth of resources. eg Batarangs, Batsuit, grappling-device would be basic gear; not his chateau in the Swiss Alps.

Yup. I guess I should have clarified more in my OP. Heroes wake up from a coma 1 yr after the apocalypse, so they had no time to prepare for it. Eveyone just has their basic gear and just to be fair, they're all transported to different cities... cities different from their home cities. The idea was to find out which hero team would be most resourceful on the run.

the ninjak

Every Billionaire has Safe Rooms. Heck he had one in the Dark Knight.

The Batcave is the Ultimate Safe Room!

Zombies ain't finding and compromising that.

Wayne in film spent years being a recluse and funneling his resources into military crap and free energy. Bane found a couple of them.
They were filled with weapons capable of riding them out of this situation with ease.

Yup. I guess I should have clarified more in my OP. Heroes wake up from a coma 1 yr after the apocalypse, so they had no time to prepare for it. Eveyone just has their basic gear and just to be fair, they're all transported to different cities... cities different from their home cities. The idea was to find out which hero team would be most resourceful on the run.

Oh damn it! sad

Robtard
To be fair, Bruce Wayne has probably read Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide and has been prepared years and years in advance.

FrothByte
To be fair, Bruce Wayne has probably read Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide and has been prepared years and years in advance.

Lol. That was a great book... though it didn't quite cover the "fast zombie" type.

the ninjak
Batman in film escaped an inescapable prison and made his way back to Gotham with nothing more than the raggedy rags on his back!

With basic equipment he swings and glides his way back into Gotham like the stealthy ninja he is.

Any zombies he encounters on the way ain't gonna bite their way through his suit. He one shots the lot of em, hot wires a bunch of motorcycles and makes his way back to one of his saferooms after a long and arduous trek throughout the US.

Robtard
Talia escaped. Also seemed to be that any well seasoned free rock climber with a decent jump could do the same.

Lestov16
Batman has been defeated by being swarmed by multiple guys before. I don't see him doing well against 100 rage zombies trying to tear his bat-balls off.

juggerman
Originally posted by Lestov16
Batman has been defeated by being swarmed by multiple guys before. I don't see him doing well against 100 rage zombies trying to tear his bat-balls off.

When was movie Bats overwhelmed by a swarm? I'm honestly curious if I'm forgetting something

the ninjak
Batman Begins, the people were effected by Scarecrow. Bats lauched himself out.

juggerman
Batman Begins, the people were effected by Scarecrow. Bats lauched himself out.

Wasn't he also sprayed by the Scarecrow? Iirc he got sprayed and was flopping around and Crow lit him on fire. Is that the correct scene?

The Fat Rambo
Team 5. Swords never run out of ammo.

the ninjak
Originally posted by juggerman
Wasn't he also sprayed by the Scarecrow? Iirc he got sprayed and was flopping around and Crow lit him on fire. Is that the correct scene?

Different scene.

Originally posted by The Fat Rambo
Team 5. Swords never run out of ammo.

Can't see them avoiding getting swarmed by 50+ rage zombies.

FrothByte
Different scene.

Can't see them avoiding getting swarmed by 50+ rage zombies.

Well the other gun users will run out of ammo pretty soon so they'll all end up fighting with melee weapons, in which case the sword fighters have a certain advantage.

the ninjak
Well the other gun users will run out of ammo pretty soon so they'll all end up fighting with melee weapons, in which case the sword fighters have a certain advantage.

Not disagreeing. I think Team 5 would last longer than the gun fighters easily.

The best in this thread are Batman, Cap and DareDevil personally.

They can all reach high ground in a pinch. It's a shame they're all on different teams cause I can't see everybody else lasting very long.
Not with these upgraded Rage zombies.

The Fat Rambo
Different scene.

Can't see them avoiding getting swarmed by 50+ rage zombies. You're kidding, right?

the ninjak
You're kidding, right?

No I'm not. These aren't your run of the mill Rage zombies.
If rushed by 50+ Team five will get scratched or bit.

The zombies they'll be facing are modified RAGE zombies (28 days/weeks later). They're fast and strong as if they were on roids and doesn't feel pain. They're not only limited to biting and scratching but are also capable of other aggressive physical attacks like eye-gouging, smashing heads on walls, strangling, punching, kicking, etc... If any human gets bit or scratched, or even get infected blood in their eyes or mouth, they will turn within 5-20 secs. A few modifications I'd like to add to the RAGE zombies are: they can only be killed by disabling the brain, so headshots and decapitations and stuff. They don't starve and they don't get tired. Any human who dies (even a natural death) will turn into a zombie within 5-20 seconds. Zombies can detect humans by sound, smell, or sight.

95% of the fighters in this thread wont last long in such an apocalypse.

FrothByte
Not disagreeing. I think Team 5 would last longer than the gun fighters easily.

The best in this thread are Batman, Cap and DareDevil personally.

They can all reach high ground in a pinch. It's a shame they're all on different teams cause I can't see everybody else lasting very long.
Not with these upgraded Rage zombies.

You might want to add Legolas to that list, as I think he also should be easily able to get to building tops.

Cap has an advantage in his superhuman strength, speed, and stamina... allowing him to outrun the zombies. Batman has an advantage in his armor, though if he gets swarmed he'll eventually get scratched or bit. His biggest advantage is his tactical training. Daredevil has an advantage in his 360 field of vision. The medieval fighters (and ninjas) have an advantage in such that they are used to melee fights, which all the fighters will eventually resort to. And they might also know how to farm, which might come in useful in the long run.

The point of this thread was that all of the teams will mostly NOT survive the zombie apocalypse if they fight them head on. If they want to survive they'll need to rely on hit and run attacks and figure out tactical strategies.

Kazenji
People actually think Wolverine goes well???......really

he becomes one of them like what happen with Marvel Zombies.

The Fat Rambo
No I'm not. These aren't your run of the mill Rage zombies.
If rushed by 50+ Team five will get scratched or bit.
. Clueless as usual. You have a point regarding Conan, MAYBE Achilles, but Xena? She takes out half a dozen with her frisbee thingie. She's way too fast and way too evasive to be bit here.

the ninjak
Clueless as usual.

lol what?....oh I get it, that's just the way you write.

You have a point regarding Conan, MAYBE Achilles, but Xena? She takes out half a dozen with her frisbee thingie. She's way too fast and way too evasive to be bit here.

So you rate Team 5 the highest because Xena can do jump flips? She'll jump her way through a city of Rage zombies?

the ninjak
Also her "Chakram" wont put any of these infected down...unless she lodges it into an zombie's skull.
Which is why I put her generally into the same field as her teammates.
Xena has good agility (she can jump as high as a one story rooftop if I remember correctly) and has a sword.
But in a city full of infected such options can only last so long.

If she throws her Chakram into a zombies brain its gone unless she can retrieve it later.

Batman, Cap and DareDevil are still the best in this thread.

Originally posted by Kazenji
People actually think Wolverine goes well???......really

he becomes one of them like what happen with Marvel Zombies.

Agreed Logan is probably one of the worst teammates to have in this thread.
With his claws he sprays infected blood everywhere during a scuffle.
And only a scratch will result in him becoming a terrifing member of the infected once he changes.
You wouldn't want to be there when Logan turns.

A zombie with indestructible claws. Can heal any wound and can't be shot in the head. Plus is roided. Bad news.

Estacado
edit.

Estacado
What makes you guys think Logan would turn? I'm pretty sure his HF would protect him from that.....he resisted the Phoenix... zombies aint have shit on him....

FrothByte
Originally posted by Estacado
What makes you guys think Logan would turn? I'm pretty sure his HF would protect him from that.....he resisted the Phoenix... zombies aint have shit on him....

I specified it in the OP. His HF still heals him of any wounds but does not make him immune to the RAGE virus. So everybody on the list can get turned between 5-20 seconds of infection.

The Fat Rambo
lol what?....oh I get it, that's just the way you write.

So you rate Team 5 the highest because Xena can do jump flips? She'll jump her way through a city of Rage zombies?

Lol, you just burned yourself, Kelso.

City full of zombies? The OP doesn't say they face a city full in one sitting. All she needs to do is gain high ground and rape with her frisbee thingie. Achilles? Sword, shield and speed rape. Conan? he probably goes down after killing 100+ zombies.

jinXed by JaNx
team five or team two.

The Fat Rambo
5, 6 or 8.

the ninjak
Lol, you just burned yourself, Kelso.

City full of zombies? The OP doesn't say they face a city full in one sitting. All she needs to do is gain high ground and rape with her frisbee thingie. Achilles? Sword, shield and speed rape. Conan? he probably goes down after killing 100+ zombies.

As I stated above the Chakram won't put these enhanced Rage infected down. They can only be killed via having their brains compromised. Like more traditional zombies.
Xena's Chakram bounced off opponents in the show. Either KOing them or slicing flesh.

Robtard
I specified it in the OP. His HF still heals him of any wounds but does not make him immune to the RAGE virus.

Ghey

The Fat Rambo
As I stated above the Chakram won't put these enhanced Rage infected down. They can only be killed via having their brains compromised. Like more traditional zombies.
Xena's Chakram bounced off opponents in the show. Either KOing them or slicing flesh. Frisbee knocks them down, Achilles and Conan rape their heads.

Next?

juggerman
Xena's Chakram bounced off opponents in the show. Either KOing them or slicing flesh.

She can decap with it. And she's pulled off some crazy ass angles with that thing.

the ninjak
Frisbee knocks them down, Achilles and Conan rape their heads.

Next?

Eventually they're going to face a large cluster of the zombies.
Your trio won't survive a hoard. And your "Frisbee" may knock some down but it's a delayer at best.

She can decap with it. And she's pulled off some crazy ass angles with that thing.

Proof of throwing decap plz.
And if she holds onto it to decap with it, then she is as easy a target as the rest are.

the ninjak
Frothbyte has practically turned the Rage zombies into the zombies from Return of the Living Dead.
RotLD zombies had better survivability but these new Rage zombies are faster and can infect with as little as a scratch.

Here's a scene from RotLD against a squad of around 15 armed cops.
And I remind you the Rage zombies are faster and more aggressive than these wobbly ones.
hUrPWJlzEx0

The Fat Rambo
Eventually they're going to face a large cluster of the zombies.
Your trio won't survive a hoard. And your "Frisbee" may knock some down but it's a delayer at best.

And if she holds onto it to decap with it, then she is as easy a target as the rest are. Point is they'd last the longest.

the ninjak
Point is they'd last the longest.

They're also meant to find other survivors and form groups to last the apocalypse. I don't think 2 ancient Greeks and a Cimmerian who don't know a lick of English and don't have knowledge of the modern world are going to have a good job of finding allies.

Many of the survivors would probably see them as psychos and would make the choice to just shoot them dead on site and take their belongings.

They won't have knowledge on where to find food or that some exists inside cans. They wouldn't know if that bottle of aspirin or poison is consumable. Or those consumables most people know have expired and are too dangerous to eat.
All the little things normal people leave behind.

Robtard
I don't think 2 ancient Greeks and a Cimmerian who don't know a lick of English .

They spoke English well enough. /pwned

the ninjak
They spoke English well enough. /pwned

laughing At least they didn't speak Ye Olde English like in Thor 616.

juggerman
And if she holds onto it to decap with it, then she is as easy a target as the rest are.

In the episode Coming Home in Season Six. Plus if you watched the show at all you would have no question that it can decap as it has cut thru things much harder than a human neck or skull.

the ninjak
In the episode Coming Home in Season Six. Plus if you watched the show at all you would have no question that it can decap as it has cut thru things much harder than a human neck or skull.

Cool if you have proof please show it.

And I don't mean no disrespect but they don't know any knowledge of the modern day world. Food is scarce and supplies are rare. They have no knowledge of the language and won't make friends amongst the survivors amongst the land.

Show that Xena's Chakram would matter against such an assault like the one I showed (where guns didn't matter) and I might give her a chance. The infected can only be killed via compromising the brain. They are fast and angry.

In other words show me that Xena can remove the heads of 5 or more fast running individuals before they can reach her. Show me Xena surviving a huge pack of humans all seeking to hurt her.

juggerman
Cool if you have proof please show it.

And I don't mean no disrespect but they don't know any knowledge of the modern day world. Food is scarce and supplies are rare. They have no knowledge of the language and won't make friends amongst the survivors amongst the land.

Show that Xena's Chakram would matter against such an assault like the one I showed (where guns didn't matter) and I might give her a chance. The infected can only be killed via compromising the brain. They are fast and angry.

In other words show me that Xena can remove the heads of 5 or more fast running individuals before they can reach her. Show me Xena surviving a huge pack of humans all seeking to hurt her.

I can't post videos at work but i gave you the season number and episode name. I'll even go a step farther and tell you it was within the last 10 mins of the episode. If you can't take the extra step to look it up then i can't help you.

I'm not saying at all that she would win this or even do well, i just set out to prove that she was able to decapitate with her Chakram since you seemed to think it was not an option

FrothByte
They're also meant to find other survivors and form groups to last the apocalypse. I don't think 2 ancient Greeks and a Cimmerian who don't know a lick of English and don't have knowledge of the modern world are going to have a good job of finding allies.

Many of the survivors would probably see them as psychos and would make the choice to just shoot them dead on site and take their belongings.

They won't have knowledge on where to find food or that some exists inside cans. They wouldn't know if that bottle of aspirin or poison is consumable. Or those consumables most people know have expired and are too dangerous to eat.
All the little things normal people leave behind.

Just wanted to weigh in on this. Since we're using movie/tv versions, then everyone of them actually speaks english (because they spoke english in the movies).

It's true that groups 4 and 5 won't know about technology and canned goods and stuff, but that can be worked around when they meet their first survivor as the survivors can be the ones to work for the food. Granted, it's still a disadvantage considering they need to depend on other survivors to "spoon feed" them much of this modern world, but I believe that's countered by the advantages they have in being used to living without technology. They probably know how to make weapons out of woodworks, farm, created fire without lighters, etc.

As for the chakram, although I do remember it being able to decapitate, I don't remember it being able to decapitate multiple opponents at once. I remember it bouncing around and knocking out multiple people and sometimes cutting through the throats of multiple people, but never decapitating multiple people. So yeah, can it kill the zombies? Yes, but nothing more effective than the other weapons the other teams might use. I consider it far inferior to either Hawkeye's or Legolas's bows and arrows. At least with the bows and arrows, angled shots to the head are easier to make (as compared to angled shots to the neck) and they can rapid fire whereas Xena will have to wait for her chakram to come back before launching again. And there's always the possibility that it gets stuck somewhere (it happened multiple times in the series).

the ninjak
Just wanted to weigh in on this. Since we're using movie/tv versions, then everyone of them actually speaks english (because they spoke english in the movies).

miffed

The Fat Rambo

All the little things normal people leave behind. Lol, the shows were in English, therefore they speak english.

Reach more?

jaden101
Team 4 seem to have an advantage in terms of feats as they have fought much larger hordes without sustaining injury themselves than any of the other groups plus they have obscene levels of stamina given that they ran for days without stopping with chasing after merry and pippin. Obviously they don't have superhuman strength etc like some of the other group's members do but they seem to have held up better in on screen feats regardless.

juggerman

It's true that groups 4 and 5 won't know about technology and canned goods and stuff, but that can be worked around when they meet their first survivor as the survivors can be the ones to work for the food. Granted, it's still a disadvantage considering they need to depend on other survivors to "spoon feed" them much of this modern world, but I believe that's countered by the advantages they have in being used to living without technology. They probably know how to make weapons out of woodworks, farm, created fire without lighters, etc.

As for the chakram, although I do remember it being able to decapitate, I don't remember it being able to decapitate multiple opponents at once. I remember it bouncing around and knocking out multiple people and sometimes cutting through the throats of multiple people, but never decapitating multiple people. So yeah, can it kill the zombies? Yes, but nothing more effective than the other weapons the other teams might use. I consider it far inferior to either Hawkeye's or Legolas's bows and arrows. At least with the bows and arrows, angled shots to the head are easier to make (as compared to angled shots to the neck) and they can rapid fire whereas Xena will have to wait for her chakram to come back before launching again. And there's always the possibility that it gets stuck somewhere (it happened multiple times in the series).

In the episode i was talking about it decapitated 3 people in one passing, and that was after Xena launched it and it "disappeared" for several minutes until finally returning killing the bad guys. As for the other points i agree

the ninjak
Lol, the shows were in English, therefore they speak english.

Reach more?

Ahhh screw you. Plenty of movies and TV shows of foreign and ancient races have their characters speak in English so Americans don't lose their shit.
Frothbyte made his choice and fair enough. I made a good point. STFU RJ!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.