Thor vs. Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eel O'Brien
Against which Mid or High Heralds would you give Thor a majority minus his hammer.

If possible, don't let your responses be dictated by focusing on Thor's lower showings. Use a fair, average Thor from throughout his career.

pym-ftw
I'd put him in solid high brick area like Despero lvl, he can still use a lot of his powers without Mjoinir...

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I'd put him in solid high brick area like Despero lvl, he can still use a lot of his powers without Mjoinir...

i thought a majority of thor's power came from mjoinir? he cant fly cant summon lightning cant god blast cant do ne thing but punch and kick without it

D-Block
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
i thought a majority of thor's power came from mjoinir? he cant fly cant summon lightning cant god blast cant do ne thing but punch and kick without it Thor can use all his weather abilities. Mjolnir just focuses them.

Sixth_Winged
Flash II/III/IV, Kurse, Juggernaut, Martian Manhunter (assuming he got his mind replaced with someone who's more competent than this idiot), Magus, Supreme, Waverider, Lobo.

Sixth_Winged
Forgot Mr. M and Shadow King.

the Darkone
against his peers I give Thor the edge over majority of them, and beyond he can go as far as mid-low trans base on feats,IMO.

curryman
Is he bloodlusted or just average Thor?

yaadaveyaa
if this is thors strongest then he can fight all the heralds at once and win just depends on which thor

zopzop
IMHO, with PIS/CIS off, Thor would should get WRECKED by any mid/high herald worth a damn without Mjolnir, hell even many low heralds should do it.

Without Mjolnir he loses a lot of defense and offense and mobility :
1) He's used Mjolnir to deflect/absorb energy attacks
2) As a shield to block physical attacks
3) Flying at respectable speeds
4) BFRing opponents
5) Exotic crap writers pull from their @$$e$ when plot calls for it
6) Firing off a variety of energy blasts

You get the picture. And Odin help him if his opponent takes the fight to where Thor's atmospheric powers are ineffectual : space, bottom of the ocean, etc... He's now doubly phucked.

JakeTheBank
He's basically a sufficiently pissed off Savage Hulk with no healing factor (guy has incredible damage soak, though) or amping, but with a fair degree of skill when it comes to brawling and hand to hand combat as well as less precise, yet no less potent, weather manipulation.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's basically a sufficiently pissed off Savage Hulk with no healing factor (guy has incredible damage soak, though) or amping, but with a fair degree of skill when it comes to brawling and hand to hand combat as well as less precise, yet no less potent, weather manipulation.
Judging by that time they fought in that Thor issue (sans Mjolnir), he's really not, especially toward the end of the fight where Thor's face was all busted up.

I'd say he's slightly less than a determined Savage Hulk.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Judging by that time they fought in that Thor issue (sans Mjolnir), he's really not, especially toward the end of the fight where Thor's face was all busted up.

I'd say he's slightly less than a determined Savage Hulk.

Which fight are you talking about?

eaebiakuya
Well, Thor alredy killed Savage Hulk without Mjolnir.

And since when Thor cant use his wheater powers in Space ?

zopzop
Which fight are you talking about?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080823153561/marveldatabase/images/a/a0/Thor_Vol_1_385.jpg
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Well, Thor alredy killed Savage Hulk without Mjolnir.

And since when Thor cant use his wheater powers in Space ?
When was this? The Hulk killing that is?

Weather powers........in space? 0.o

JakeTheBank
That's one fight, sure. But we also have instances of him stalemating Hulk in a direct contest of strength, Thor sans Odin Force and Mjolnir beating Hulk and Thing in H2H, Thor being beaten on by Hulk and seemingly out for a panel or two only to come back for more, etc. And those are just his Hulk related throw downs.

I'd say Thor is more or less at an angry Savage Hulk's level in terms of physicality (not ragingly pissed off Hulk, but an angry one nonetheless) with additional powers.

Stoic
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
if this is thors strongest then he can fight all the heralds at once and win just depends on which thor

Nah, the ones with the more esoteric, and TP abilities would make that pretty much impossible for him to do. When I say esoteric, I mean low level reality warpers and such. Thor's powerful for sure, but not that powerful. TBF, all characters have some sort of Achilles heal.

eaebiakuya
Weather powers........in space? 0.o

Cosmic Weather stick out tongue

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir89-CosmicStormControl261.jpg

And i guess he used thunder based attacks a plenty of times in space...

Thor killed Hulk and thing in h2h:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/gokijin/ThorHulkThing.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Cosmic Weather stick out tongue

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir89-CosmicStormControl261.jpg

And i guess he used thunder based attacks a plenty of times in space...

He's rockin' Mjolnir there. There's no atmosphere in space, it's a void. So unless he can summon "magical" storms without Mjolnir, he's screwed.

Undone by Odin. It never happened. It's even listed as an alt reality in the Marvel Handbooks.

JakeTheBank
Reigning is an alternate reality/timeline ever since Thor went back in time, but the feat itself, a Mjolnir-ness, Odin Force-less Thor beating Thing and Hulk is canon to Thor.

Otherwise, if we discount feats from being canon based on everytime things were "set back to normal" via time travel deus ex machina , we'd be throwing out a great deal of feats.

zopzop
Reigning is an alternate reality/timeline ever since Thor went back in time, but the feat itself, a Mjolnir-ness, Odin Force-less Thor beating Thing and Hulk is canon to Thor.

Otherwise, if we discount feats from being canon based on everytime things were "set back to normal" via time travel deus ex machina , we'd be throwing out a great deal of feats.
Assuming it's canon, which I'm not convinced it is, since the universe it took place in is an alt reality now, it was massive PIS.

Thor, sans Mjolnir and Odinforce, with a badly wounded arm beating both Hulk and Thing? That's so out of the norm it's ridiculous.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IMHO, with PIS/CIS off, Thor would should get WRECKED by any mid/high herald worth a damn without Mjolnir, hell even many low heralds should do it.

where Thor's atmospheric powers are ineffectual : space, bottom of the ocean, etc... He's now doubly phucked.

Not sure if your serious or trolling?

Thor's weather powers work in any environment or any dimension pretty much.

Also no, he wouldn't get wrecked. He's basically Hercules except he can fall back on lightning and energy powers that reach above Top Tier in terms of raw power if worst comes to worst.

JakeTheBank
Assuming it's canon, which I'm not convinced it is, since the universe it took place in is an alt reality now, it was massive PIS.

Thor, sans Mjolnir and Odinforce, with a badly wounded arm beating both Hulk and Thing? That's so out of the norm it's ridiculous.

The fight lasted for hours and ended with his arm being removed (Logan only cut it, he didn't remove it) and him missing an eye. How is Thor beating Hulk and Thing at great cost to himself is PIS?

Rage.Of.Olympus

He's rockin' Mjolnir there. There's no atmosphere in space, it's a void. So unless he can summon "magical" storms without Mjolnir, he's screwed.

Lol, Thor's powers aren't really limited by atmosphere.

Mjolnir at this point conclusively focuses Thor's power. It doesn't grant his weather manipulating abilities.

Undone by Odin. It never happened. It's even listed as an alt reality in the Marvel Handbooks.

So? We aren't comic book characters. It happened, stop hating.

Silent Master
The fight lasted for hours and ended with his arm being removed (Logan only cut it, he didn't remove it) and him missing an eye. How is Thor beating Hulk and Thing at great cost to himself is PIS?

He'd consider Thor beating Luke Cage to be PIS.

Dampyre
Thor's hammer is like Dr. Donald Blake's walking stick, it's a crutch. Without it he's not nearly as effective. I wouldn't give him odds against any high-heralds, especially ones like Superman, Silver Surfer, Orion, Black Adam or the Hulk.

Thor would probably edge out Hercules. He would give Wonder Woman a good run for her money. He could possibly beat a couple of the weaker GL's but probably not the elite ones like Sinestro, Hal or Kyle.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not sure if your serious or trolling?

Thor's weather powers work in any environment or any dimension pretty much.

Also no, he wouldn't get wrecked. He's basically Hercules except he can fall back on lightning and energy powers that reach above Top Tier in terms of raw power if worst comes to worst.
Proof of Thor doing what you are saying, ie high end weather manip sans Mjolnir?
Originally posted by Silent Master
He'd consider Thor beating Luke Cage to be PIS.
Is Luke Cage herald level? No? Then STFU, you aren't being funny, just annoying.

Silent Master
I notice that you didn't say that my statement was wrong.

zopzop
Originally posted by Silent Master
I notice that you didn't say that my statement was wrong.
Then you fail at reading comprehension.

Silent Master
Incorrect, you may have implied that my statement was wrong, but you still haven't actually said it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Proof of Thor doing what you are saying, ie high end weather manip sans Mjolnir?.

What do you mean high-end? An immense storm almost flooded Asgard as a child when he had a bad nightmare (One of Mjolnir's purposes in this story was to help Thor control his weather abilities), he's summoned lightning bolts and energy but that's pretty much it.

Without Mjolnir I think Thor would rarely use his weather abilities unless he has to (He doesn't often use them as it is) or the odd lightning bolt.

Then again, in the Godstorm story, it was revealed that Thor commands semi-sentient other-dimensional weather anomalies and though he can force them to his will, they obey him willingly. So take that as you will.

Horrificus

Is Luke Cage herald level? No? Then STFU, you aren't being funny, just annoying. laughing Oh, that RASCAL!

The fun just doesn't stop!

Horrificus
no expression

Horrificus
Silver Surfer was unable to put Durok down with his power and Durok put him down.

Yet, Thor, with no hammer, was able to defeat Durok with no hammer at all in this instance, with his God-power alone.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_NoHammer3_zps7ef270cf.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_NoHammer2_zpsf3ad6e45.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_NoHammer1_zpse7ab9c3d.jpg

abhilegend
Any one on WW's level pushes his shit in.

Silent Master
Originally posted by abhilegend
Any one on WW's level pushes his shit in.

Why would anyone on WW's level want to handle Thor's feces?

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Any one on WW's level pushes his shit in. Excellent insight!

Sixth_Winged
Thor even back when he had just an axe summoned lightning at Gorr the God Butcher from just a few issues ago on Thor: God of Thunder.

Really dont know why his ability to manipulate weather being contested

curryman
If he's bloodlusted then he could kill the Hulk and maybe fight some of the lanterns.

Thor did it, not Odin.

Stoic
Originally posted by Dampyre
Thor's hammer is like Dr. Donald Blake's walking stick, it's a crutch. Without it he's not nearly as effective. I wouldn't give him odds against any high-heralds, especially ones like Superman, Silver Surfer, Orion, Black Adam or the Hulk.

Thor would probably edge out Hercules. He would give Wonder Woman a good run for her money. He could possibly beat a couple of the weaker GL's but probably not the elite ones like Sinestro, Hal or Kyle.

When Thor isn't holding back, he's right up there with most of the guys you mentioned. Orion and Thor are about as equal as it gets.

TheHulk
He's basically a sufficiently pissed off Savage Hulk with no healing factor (guy has incredible damage soak, though) or amping, but with a fair degree of skill when it comes to brawling and hand to hand combat as well as less precise, yet no less potent, weather manipulation. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.