Top 10 Heralds ( Marvel and DC ) included

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
So list the top 10 Heralds . Both Marvel and DC ( pre-52) are allowed.

This should spark some debate smile

In no order:

Silver Surfer, Superman, Thor, Flash (wally, barry), Green Lantern (hal or kyle), Shaman Nate Grey, Captain Marvel, Doomsday, Hulk, Dr Strange.

JakeTheBank
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Captain Marvel/Black Adam
Wonder Woman

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman

That works.

carver9
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman

Can't get any clearer than this.

Eel O'Brien
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman

Saved me a lot of typing.

pym-ftw
Just heroes?

JakeTheBank
Generally, the heroic heralds have the better feats and often wind up surviving things "outside their tier" the most.

pym-ftw
Yeah, I guess I hold battle feats well above other feats

Cogito
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman

You could argue replacing BRB with Sentry, but thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
You could argue replacing BRB with Sentry, but thumb up

True, but Sentry's lows and highs just made it hard to place him with any consistency one way or the other. You could argue him being anywhere from low herald to trans depending on when you catch him.

Mshinu
Shaman Nate Grey
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer
Juggernaut
Lobo
Captain Atom
Hal Jordan
Orion
Mr Majestic

Phuck SENTRY and phuck supes.

yaadaveyaa
sentry (with ease)
surfer
hulk
thor
supers
wally flash
black adam
nate
hal i want juggernaut in here so bad so ill tie him with hal

Odekahn
Zoom

abhilegend
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Orion
Shaman X-man
BRB
Captain Marvel
Hal Jordan
Hulk
Wonder Woman

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman

This works.

Although I'd probably switch out Wonder Woman for any flavor of the month Herald that someone likes (Genis, Sentry, Captain Atom, Shaman X-man etc.).

abhilegend
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman
Superman not in top 3 or even 5? Lawl @Thor being at the top.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman not in top 3 or even 5? Lawl @Thor being at the top.

Lol, list wasn't even in order, so calm the phuck down, bro.

abhilegend
Lol, list wasn't even in order, so calm the phuck down, bro.
Oh, ok then.

JakeTheBank
Oh, ok then.

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This works.

Although I'd probably switch out Wonder Woman for any flavor of the month Herald that someone likes (Genis, Sentry, Captain Atom, Shaman X-man etc.).

Fair enough, but really, Diana's consistency (pre-Flashpoint) is what won me over.

abhilegend
laughing out loud
uhuh

Horrificus
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Orion
Shaman X-man
BRB
Captain Marvel
Hal Jordan
Hulk
Wonder Woman I admit not having read a lot of stuff with Orion in it. Although, the first comic I ever owned was that giant "Flash and the New Gods", I think it was called.
Honestly and unbiased, how would you say he does against the rest of the list you posted?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Horrificus
I admit not having read a lot of stuff with Orion in it. Although, the first comic I ever owned was that giant "Flash and the New Gods", I think it was called.
Honestly and unbiased, how would you say he does against the rest of the list you posted?

Orion is about to have a knock down, drag out fight with Superman (who can bench the earth for 5 days straight).

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/Or_zpsf923663c.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
I admit not having read a lot of stuff with Orion in it. Although, the first comic I ever owned was that giant "Flash and the New Gods", I think it was called.
He would beat anyone below him and probably split to thor while losing to superman and surfer.

Golgo13
Though, I think it will be another disappointing fight. sad

Golgo13
He would beat anyone below him and probably split to thor while losing to superman and surfer.

Will you think differently, if Orion stalemates Superman?

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Golgo13
can bench the earth for 5 days straight
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21300000/The-Sisko-is-not-impressed-benjamin-sisko-21329912-300-231.gif

abhilegend
Will you think differently, if Orion stalemates Superman?
We'll see.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Orion's pretty tough, I don't think he'd lose to Superman personally. He'd probably split with Thor and I could see him losing to Surfer though, yea.

Sixth_Winged
Thor
Silver Surfer
Superman
Green Lantern Kyle/Hal
Flash Wally/Barry
Dr Strange
Dr Fate
Captain Marvel (dc)
Orion
Sentry

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion's pretty tough, I don't think he'd lose to Superman personally. He'd probably split with Thor and I could see him losing to Surfer though, yea.
Looking at their fights where Orion is all out and Superman is holding back or his poor performances against common enemies, I think he would lose to superman.

Golgo13
Looking at their fights where Orion is all out and Superman is holding back or his poor performances against common enemies, I think he would lose to superman.

Orion has had to hold back with the AF, too.

abhilegend
Orion has had to hold back with the AF, too.
With Byrne superman. He's suckershotted superman with the intent of killing him and he shrugged it off twice.

Horrificus
Do they always write him this tough?
Was always curious about Orion. Might read up on him.

curryman
Fair enough, but really, Diana's consistency (pre-Flashpoint) is what won me over.

She's more consistent then X-Man?

She was hurt by bullets in the Four Horsemen miniseries.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by curryman
She's more consistent then X-Man?

She was hurt by bullets in the Four Horsemen miniseries.

Diana's always had a weird aversion to bullets. Doesn't make sense considering she can take punches from Superman, but it is what it is. Her showings and feats against other heralds coupled with her physical attributes and potentially broken weapons capable of subduing skyfathers netted her the position on my list.

curryman
Diana's always had a weird aversion to bullets. Doesn't make sense considering she can take punches from Superman, but it is what it is.

Yeah and I wish they would work on getting some damn consistency into those comics. If someone can tank a punch from say Superman or Diana or Orion then bullets shouldn't hurt them. If a bullet can pierce their skin then a punch from Thor would would have their skin break in an instant.

It's not that I don't think she can take them, it's that we all know that she has very inconsistent showings stick out tongue

Her showings and feats against other heralds coupled with her physical attributes and potentially broken weapons capable of subduing skyfathers netted her the position on my list.

Yeah but her physical attributes are still below most of the Kryptonians and she has none of their versatility either.

I'm not saying she should be placed lower on the tier list or anything like that, she's earned her spot. I just don't see how she's earned a spot above Zod, Captain Comet, Loki, Maxima, X-Man and many others. There are so many with more consistent showings who are her rough physical equal AND sport a far greater versatility.

TheHulk
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman thumb up

Don Corleone
I see abhilegend is the only one with enough balls to put them in order.

the Darkone
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
Orion
Wonder Woman

Wait no Dr.Doom?

Like the order, Im just glad nut case Sentry is not on their.

TheHulk
Originally posted by the Darkone
Like the order, Im just glad nut case Sentry is not on their. no

TheHulk
1)Superman/Captain Marvel/Black Adam
2)The Sentry
3)Thor/Beta Ray Bill/Orion
4)Silver Surfer
5)Docter Strange
6)The Hulk/Lobo
7)Green Lantern(Hal or Kyle)
8)Wonder Woman
9)Martian Manhunter
10)Dr Doom yes

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by the Darkone
Wait no Dr.Doom?

Like the order, Im just glad nut case Sentry is not on their.

There is no order.

Tbh, Doom is the most powerful entity in comics and beyond petty rankings.

Mshinu
Doomie is low herald at best, he has no business being in a top ten list (unless it is who`s almost as smart as Reed Richards.)

JakeTheBank
Low herald at best?

Guy's arguably the most learned and skilled magician on the planet (and has been pushed as such for a while, barring Dr. Strange's recent return to Sorcerer Supreme status). He held his own against Morgan Le Fey and even embarrassed "classic" era Strange. And those are just a couple of feats focused mainly on his magic, not his intellect and tech.

curryman
Low herald at best?

Guy's arguably the most learned and skilled magician on the planet (and has been pushed as such for a while, barring Dr. Strange's recent return to Sorcerer Supreme status). He held his own against Morgan Le Fey and even embarrassed "classic" era Strange. And those are just a couple of feats focused mainly on his magic, not his intellect and tech.

On earth? Okay.

Not that many skilled/power magicians on earth when you think about it though.

I also think that Talisman and Shaman would beat him silly.

Mshinu
We all know Banner is smarter than Doom now btw. wink

JakeTheBank
On earth? Okay.

Not that many skilled/power magicians on earth when you think about it though.

Sure there are. Strange, Wiccan, Loki (referring to classic), Scarlet Witch, Morgan Le Fay, Baron Mordo, Selene, Enchantress, etc.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mshinu
We all know Banner is smarter than Doom now btw. wink

PIS. smile

On the real, though, If you were take Banner's best feats and compare them to the best from Stark, Pym, Richards, and of course, Doom, they'd blow him out of the water. That said, his push makes him around their general level, even taking the "smartest one there is" hyperbole with a grain of salt.

curryman
Sure there are. Strange, Wiccan, Loki (referring to classic), Scarlet Witch, Morgan Le Fay, Baron Mordo, Selene, Enchantress, etc.

Yeah I wasn't counting Loki or Enchantress.

Out of the people who I put above in Doom in magic from Marvel earth there areM

Loki, Shaman, Talisman, Selene, Cthon/mordred, Forge with full Shaman powers, Illyana at peak, Mauvais and a few others I can get to later.

Le Fay and Mordo are up for debate.

Wiccan is almost impossible to measure imo.

Doom is great, but trying to gauge his power with statements that he's the best magic-user on Marvel Earth and such is a bit silly in my opinion.

JakeTheBank
Yeah I wasn't counting Loki or Enchantress.

Out of the people who I put above in Doom in magic from Marvel earth there areM

Loki, Shaman, Talisman, Selene, Cthon/mordred, Forge with full Shaman powers, Illyana at peak, Mauvais and a few others I can get to later.

Le Fay and Mordo are up for debate.

Wiccan is almost impossible to measure imo.

Doom is great, but trying to gauge his power with statements that he's the best magic-user on Marvel Earth and such is a bit silly in my opinion.

It's not just statements - multiple ones at that made by credible sources - but his actual feats that suggest that Doom is definitely up there. The guy's come a very long way from being a "mid tier mage". And again, this is purely from a mystical stand point, not factoring in his tech or intellect in general.

I think there's room for Doom being anywhere from among the top of the low herald tier to being mid herald. He's certainly not barely reaching herald status.

curryman
I think there's room for Doom being anywhere from among the top of the low herald tier to being mid herald. He's certainly not barely reaching herald status.

I completely agree.

It's not just statements - multiple ones at that made by credible sources - but his actual feats that suggest that Doom is definitely up there. The guy's come a very long way from being a "mid tier mage". And again, this is purely from a mystical stand point, not factoring in his tech or intellect in general.

Yeah but these statements are normally made by terrible writers and people with no real overview of who's left on Marvel Earth. And if anything that statement would only be true because so many powerful magicians have been purged from Marvel Earth in the last years.

I'm just saying that there's a huge difference between being "up there" and being the top-mage on Marvel Earth. To be blunt; he isn't the most powerful mage on Marvel Earth and that's all there is to it. I don't really want to get into it considering how god damn militant many of the Doom fans are stick out tongue

Last I checked the Enchanters weren't dead either, and I would certainly put them above him.

JakeTheBank
I completely agree.

thumb up

Yeah but these statements are normally made by terrible writers and people with no real overview of who's left on Marvel Earth. And if anything that statement would only be true because so many powerful magicians have been purged from Marvel Earth in the last years.

I'm just saying that there's a huge difference between being "up there" and being the top-mage on Marvel Earth. To be blunt; he isn't the most powerful mage on Marvel Earth and that's all there is to it. I don't really want to get into it considering how god damn militant many of the Doom fans are stick out tongue

Last I checked the Enchanters weren't dead either, and I would certainly put them above him.

How so? If you're referring to Bendis, true, Bendis can be a hack, but in the case of Strange repeatedly stating Doom's prowess as a magician having been increased, it's backed up by feats. Mark Waid certainly explored Doom's mystical prowess increasing as did JMS and others. In terms of overt raw power, I wouldn't say Doom is the most powerful mage (nor did I), but in terms of skill and knowledge? I'd definitely say he's easily at the top as it pertains to Marvel Earth with Strange nearby.

curryman
Okay, okay. I often equate skill with power when it comes to magicians. I see the logical fallacies in doing that but it's a really difficult area to get into. There's so many people making deals or getting items that it's really-really hard to determine what's skill and what's not.

Doom might very well be one of the most skilled.

Many of the people more powerful than him are also more powerful than Strange tho, so I'm not sure how capable he would be of judging that.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by TheHulk
1)Superman/Captain Marvel/Black Adam
2)The Sentry
3)Thor/Beta Ray Bill/Orion
4)Silver Surfer
5)Docter Strange
6)The Hulk/Lobo
7)Green Lantern(Hal or Kyle)
8)Wonder Woman
9)Martian Manhunter
10)Dr Doom yes

So your top 10 list consists of 15 characters?

Take a stand man.

TheHulk
PIS. smile

On the real, though, If you were take Banner's best feats and compare them to the best from Stark, Pym, Richards, and of course, Doom, they'd blow him out of the water. That said, his push makes him around their general level, even taking the "smartest one there is" hyperbole with a grain of salt. Banner just started lol give him a chance and he will prove himself...

The last thing we need to call PIS,is a characters intellect no expression

the Darkone
Low herald at best?

I would have to agree with Dr Doom is Dr Strange peer and that say a lot, Doom should be in the top 10 with Strange, Shaman,Tailsman etc they are peers.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I see abhilegend is the only one with enough balls to put them in order.

Top 3 is always just gonaa be a battle between Superman, Thor and Silver Surfer. Which has been debated to death.

Tony Stark
In no particular order...

SENTRY
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Beta Ray Bill
Superman
Genis
Orion
Black Adam
Hyperion

Branlor Swift
In no order (Though the first 6 might be abstract level)

Black Adam

(These are all equal)
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Captain America
Batman
Shang Chi

Silver Surfer
Etrigan
Hawkeye
Punisher

Don Corleone
Can someone just take a stand and rank a top 10 list ( in order).

What happened to the balls around here ?

Note: Maybe, just maybe , some of your lists wont look the same and that may spark a debate. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mshinu
Sure why not

1: Genis
2: Shaman Nate Grey
3: Thor
4: Silver Surfer
5: Captain Atom
6: Lobo
7: Hal Jordan
8: Juggernaut
9: Beta Ray Bill
10. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.