Iron Fist vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
For this fight, forget most recent showings, and don't use "Current" Iron Fist's powered up self as the be all, end all. Looking for their "average", based on history.

There's been a lot of different writer interpretations on this one:

1. Claremont had Danny hit Luke with his best IF, and Cage got up from it. Maybe he was flash KOed for a second, maybe not, but he didn't stay down for long or show any lasting effects.

2. Mary Jo Duffy had Cage solidly above Danny. Even had IF tell Cage he knows he could never win against him, as he pleaded with Cage not to kill a hood. She also had Danny unable to harm, and cleanly to Warhawk, a character with steel hard skin. Cage later easily defeated him.

3. Priest wrote a much more powerful IF in general, and had Rand not only KO Cage (With a sucker punch), but had him pull his punch so he doesn't take his head clean off. He also had the red suited, berserk Danny tank Cages best punch to the back of the head, and still not be KOed.

4. Dwayne Turner, who wrote one of the stronger Cages (Going at it with Thing and Rhino, and doing well) had them fight briefly in the 90's Cage series. He had Cage reference Claremonts run, telling Danny he remembers what happened in their last fight, and threatened to take it all the way this time. Cage eventually feigned choosing to end the fight and beg for Rands help, only to sucker kick him unconscious.

5. John Ostrander wrote a strong Iron Fist, but his Power Man was no slouch. He got to defeat one of the main villains, and beat down Absorbing Man in a fight, as AM kept referencing how he gave Hulk all he could handle. When Danny and Cage fought, Danny was fighting the effects of mind control and his reflexes and speed were diminished, but Cage believed he could easily kill Danny if they fought for real.. Impossible to really judge which would win in a real fight, but it does say Ostrander doesn't believe Danny can take what Cage can dish out, if nothing else.

6. Remender wrote their most recent fight, and Danny messed Cage up. He also wrote Danny overcoming Mr. X's trick pretty easily.. I don't know anything about Remender, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was giving the middle finger to someone here.. Mr. X especially was beaten around like a red headed step child for the entire story. He just couldn't catch a break, with his trick being defeated at every turn, and ended up in casts by stories end..

Not meant as any sort of definitive list, and I'm hoping the Cage experts will chime in on why he has a shot here. Obviously, I personally back Danny at the moment. wink

cdtm
My main sticking point against Cage:

No matter who writes him, bullets hurt him.

Even Rhino full jobbing mode shrugs bullets off like nothing. Yet Cage claims he feels normal bullets.

If his durability is that low, it's hard not to write off his fights against Thing, Rhino, or Hulk, as PIS (Also, while a writer like Dwayne had him go toe to toe with heavy hitters, he also had Cage unable to completely destroy a gun, only being able to warp it enough to make it unusable), much less shrugging off an Iron Fist.

Sixth_Winged
Fist. His skin might be unbreakable but his insides will get ****ed up really bad by Danny.

KingD19
His insides are pretty durable. Dark Ant Man tried to grow inside him and had to stop or he'd have crushed himself. Then Cage pooped him out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.