The Iron Man Low Herald challenge...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
On average, does Iron Man truly belong in the Low Herald tier?

Out of the following 10 opponents, which of them can he (remember, average showings by Tony) get atleast a 5 out of 10 split against?

PS...this isnt a gauntlet and isnt in any particular order...rather a list compiled to get a general idea of where Tony might fall in among the Low Heralds (if he fits at all).

1) Air Walker...
2) Ultron...
3) Super Skrull...
4) Drax the Destroyer...
5) Nimrod...
6) Power Girl...
7) Graviton...
8) Jack of Hearts...
9) Death of Superman Doomsday...
10) Apocalypse...

Once again, who here can Iron Man (average showings by Iron Man only) get atleast a 5 out of 10 split against?

pym-ftw
1) Air Walker...
4/10

2) Ultron...
0/10

3) Super Skrull...
5/10

4) Drax the Destroyer...
6/10

5) Nimrod...
Idk

6) Power Girl...
2/10

7) Graviton...
1/10

8) Jack of Hearts...
Idk

9) Death of Superman Doomsday...
0/10

10) Apocalypse..
1/10 if Apoc isn't jobbing

-Pr-
Some of those really aren't low heralds, though we are working on that.

dmills
Yikes. On paper that doesn't look good for Tony at all.

armedforbattle
Yeah, 2 or 3 of those guys are actually low heralds

DARTH POWER
I'd say it would be a split between IM and Super Skrull.

He can probably take some against Apoc as well.

Apoc on paper is a complete powerhouse. But not so much in action.

leonidas
1) Air Walker... ->tony

2) Ultron... ->ultron

3) Super Skrull... ->tony

4) Drax the Destroyer... ->tony

5) Nimrod... ->tony

6) Power Girl... ->prolly PG but tony could take some

7) Graviton... ->graviton is an idiot but is more powerful. meh, dunno

8) Jack of Hearts... ->tony

9) Death of Superman Doomsday... -> dos is NOT low herald, he's at LEAST upper-mid dd wins

10) Apocalypse... ->be interesting. close to a split imo though apoc is more powerful overall

so, yeah. imo he fares very well

pym-ftw
Did you say Tony > Ultron

SevenShackles
Originally posted by leonidas
1) Air Walker... ->tony

2) Ultron... ->ultron

3) Super Skrull... ->tony

4) Drax the Destroyer... ->tony

5) Nimrod... ->tony

6) Power Girl... ->prolly PG but tony could take some

7) Graviton... ->graviton is an idiot but is more powerful. meh, dunno

8) Jack of Hearts... ->tony

9) Death of Superman Doomsday... -> dos is NOT low herald, he's at LEAST upper-mid dd wins

10) Apocalypse... ->be interesting. close to a split imo though apoc is more powerful overall

so, yeah. imo he fares very well
laughing

Air Walker...

Ultron...

Super Skrull...

Drax the Destroyer...

Nimrod...

Power Girl...

Graviton...

Stark

Death of Superman Doomsday...

Apocalypse...

This is why I've always thought he belongs to the high meta class. although he does define its upper limits

leonidas
Originally posted by SevenShackles
laughing

laughing

no expression

i take it you disagree. with which choice by chance...?

@pym--i said ultron beats tony.... confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
In what world are guys like Ultron, Doomsday, Graviton and Drax low heralds?

Even Super Skrull, Airwalker, Nimrod and Power Girl could have a solid case for mid imo.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Even Super Skrull, Airwalker, Nimrod and Power Girl could have a solid case for mid imo.

i agree with dd, and ultron. they def beat tony. graviton is a tough call. he should be more powerful than he is but...he's an idiot. hence my hesitation. i think skrull, airwalker (tony already beat terrx who is def above air walker) and nimrod (who, man, some people grossly overrate...) are where they should be thus i think tony can take them or split. pg could be mid which is why i think she'd take a majority, but tony wasted atlas effortlessly (who was about simon's equal) so i don't think it impossible he could take pg for a couple.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I pulled those 10 straight from the current tierings list here at KMC...

TheLordofMurder
@leonidas

I am curious...upon what are you giving Tony the win against Air Walker and Jack of Hearts based on?

Sure, he beat Terrax, but surely you dont think that same tactic would work against any of Galactus's heralds...do you? I dont think he beats Surfer, Firelord, or Morg the same way he beat Terrax.

What about Jack of Hearts? Why does Tony beat this guy?

I can see him taking some against the Skrull; both of them are versatile and the Skrull doesnt have the greatest durability, so I can see an argument being made in Tony's behalf against him (I do think a creative fighting Super Skrull beats Iron Man everytime though)...

Not sure about Drax as he has great durability and can give as well as he takes; not sure how Tony would put this guy down, but its not reasonable that he could either...

Nimrod? Somehow I fail to see Tony coming anywhere near to matching what Nimrod did against Classic Juggs; how does Tony put that thing down? From where I am sitting Nimrod inevitably beats Tony every single time...

DARTH POWER
He has actually stalemated Surfer. Classic IM consistently did well against the big leagues.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He has actually stalemated Surfer. Classic IM consistently did well against the big leagues.

Was the Surfer hellbent on winning?

We both know the Surfer would crush Tony if he really wanted to...

And remember, we are talking about Tony on average in this thread; not just his best feats...

TheLordofMurder
Remember guys, Iron Man is a "mainstream" character, and so will perform outside of his norm from time to time...

Just like Surfer and Thor, and just like Surfer and Thor, those outside the norm feats are at a level that he doesnt consistently perform at...

Thats why this thread calls for average Iron Man...

Raisen
Air Walker. IM CAN GET SOME WINS. MAYBE EVEN 5/10

Ultron. IM 0/10

Super Skrull. IM 6/10. AM I ALONE IN THINKING IM CAN TAKE A MAJORITY AGAINST THIS GUY? HIS ONLY GOOD SHOWING I CAN REMEMBER WAS IN ANNIHILATION.

Drax the Destroyer. IM 2/10. DEPENDS ON VERSION OF DRAX.

Nimrod. IM 0/10 IN A STRAIGHT UP BRAWL.

Power Girl. IM 3/10 JUST BECAUSE HIS INTELLIGENCE MAY HELP.

Graviton. IM 0/10

Death of Superman Doomsday. IM 0/10

Apocalypse. IM 0/10

leonidas
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@leonidas

I am curious...upon what are you giving Tony the win against Air Walker and Jack of Hearts based on?

Sure, he beat Terrax, but surely you dont think that same tactic would work against any of Galactus's heralds...do you? I dont think he beats Surfer, Firelord, or Morg the same way he beat Terrax.

What about Jack of Hearts? Why does Tony beat this guy?

I can see him taking some against the Skrull; both of them are versatile and the Skrull doesnt have the greatest durability, so I can see an argument being made in Tony's behalf against him (I do think a creative fighting Super Skrull beats Iron Man everytime though)...

Not sure about Drax as he has great durability and can give as well as he takes; not sure how Tony would put this guy down, but its not reasonable that he could either...

Nimrod? Somehow I fail to see Tony coming anywhere near to matching what Nimrod did against Classic Juggs; how does Tony put that thing down? From where I am sitting Nimrod inevitably beats Tony every single time...

it's already been stated he stalemated ss--it turned into a double ko. and while thor has beaten him, he's also stalemated thor by absorbing his lightning. he's beaten goliath/atlas as i said--easily. tony's record against opponents is practically second to none. if he decides to use energy absorption, i see no reason to think he couldn't do the same to firelord--he just doesn't always use it in comics. morg would be different--he fights more like hulk. jack of hearts? tony would beat him 10/10 imo. energy absorption and the weakness of having to contain his own energy would be the end of him.

i def think he is in air walker's league powerwise. the fact that air walker was a robot only adds further to this thought. he was very unimpressive on the whole.

no offense, but nimrod did jack to juggs. he knocked his helmet off and used sonics. that's....a pi$$ poor showing for juggs. nimrod's armor was later cracked by colossus of all people. his armor has been broken a second time as well by some x-kids then he was really f'd--by electricity. again, nimrod gets a lot of luv on this forum for a guy who has never beaten ANYONE....incidentally, juggs was hurting, but not out of that fight. could nimrod beat IM? sure. would be beat tony for a majority? not imo, and i certainly do not think nimrod is in a different level from tony. when he beats someone, then talk about how powerful he is. same goes for skrull. i don't see invisibility being a factor at all. ben's strength isn't gonna get it done, nor is reed's power. flame? energy absorption if needed. so can he put a bubble in tony? i dunno, maybe. if he can, he'd win. if not, i see tony beating him more often than not.

not sure why so many don't see tony as one of marvel's biggest guns, but according to his track record and the people he has taken down, he absolutely is.

curryman
He can take Super-Skrull and Jack of Hearts and maybe a few off PG.

skrull has limitless heat absorption, richard's elasticity, sue's force-fields and ben's toughness going on for him deffensively.

offensively, he has the anti-matter blast, nova blast and dropping force-field bubbles inside tony's head via hyperspace. he also has the hypnostare and ben's strengh shouldn't be disregarded either.

he'll beat tony down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.