Loki vs Hellboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
dapip0EHYMI
wEUwtFg7PeI
Loki has appeared in Germany.

The paranormal agency has bn made aware.

Hellboy gets his ready and brings his big baby to face off against this "God".

Loki: you, a demon? have come to save these mortals who hate you?
join me and my army.

Hellboy: no. how about you take ur scepter and ur army where the son dont shine, loogie.

Loki: it's, Loki! All of you are beneath me!

juggerman
Loki has too many tricks imo

FrothByte
Pretty sure Loki is a bit above Hellboy's league.

BruceSkywalker
pretty sure Loki won't have a problem here

jinXed by JaNx
other than creating illusions i'm struggling to see what makes, Loki a threat? He surely doesn't have the advantage in fighting, prowess or agility here.

marwash22
Thor knows about the illusions yet falls for it every single time.

Hellboy get's Coulson'd.

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
Thor knows about the illusions yet falls for it every single time.

Because he's blond.

NemeBro
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
other than creating illusions i'm struggling to see what makes, Loki a threat? He surely doesn't have the advantage in fighting, prowess or agility here.

Strong enough to hurt Thor, magic and shit?

marwash22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Strong enough to hurt Thor, magic and shit? Hellboy is immune to shit, but yeah, the other stuff will phuck him up.

jinXed by JaNx
the only magic i saw was illusions or fire. So i'm still wondering exactly how Loki would hurt Hellboy

jinXed by JaNx
Strong enough to hurt Thor, magic and shit?

Loki isn't strong enough to hurt Thor, his weapon at the time may have been

FrothByte
the only magic i saw was illusions or fire. So i'm still wondering exactly how Loki would hurt Hellboy

Loki is bulletproof. He's also strong and skilled enough to go toe to toe with Thor. Tough enough to survive a thrashing by hulk with just minor injuries. Plus he can make those magical daggers that are strong enough to take down frost giants. That big-ass gun of Hellboy can maybe hurt Loki but definitely wont take him out.

marwash22
Loki isn't strong enough to hurt Thor, his weapon at the time may have been except for that time he stabbed Thor in the gut. no expression

anyhow, he's strong enough to hurt Hellboy, which is what matters.

FrothByte
Loki isn't strong enough to hurt Thor, his weapon at the time may have been

I think you're confusing "hurt" with "seriously injure". Loki is plenty strong enough to hurt Thor, with or without weapons. He is however not skilled or strong enough to overcome Thor nor seriously injure him, at least not without weapons.

Impediment
Loki is all smoke and mirrors shit. He had the alien staff, sure, but his actual powers aren't much. If Loki froze Hellboy like Heimdall, then Loki could break free, methinks.

Hulk slammed Loki and KOd him, easy. Hellboy, while nowhere near as strong as Hulk, could kick Loki's ass.

marwash22
Hellboy would never get the chance. Loki's MO is trickery and the illusion trick is his go-to move.

Hellboy is getting stabbed in the back.

NemeBro
Loki would beat the shit out of Hellboy barehanded.

The guy took a cheap shot from Iron Man without any real injury, he survived a beatdown from Hulk (Who would have just turned Hellboy into a smear)... Shit, I could see Captain America beating Hellboy. Loki tooled Cap.

the ninjak
Loki has magic daggers.

In Thor I he energized them and threw them into Frost Giants.

In Avengers he simply shoved one into Thor's side.

Add illusions and Loki wins.

FrothByte
Loki beat up Cap in h2h. He wont even need his magic to beat Hellboy. Please let us not equate hellboy to hulk.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FrothByte
Please let us not equate hellboy to hulk.

Who's doing that?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Kazenji
Who's doing that?

Someone here mentioned how Hulk easily knocked out Loki and thus Hellboy should win.

the ninjak
A fight between Hulk and Hellboy wouldn't last any longer than the one with Loki.

Regardless Loki has the tools to harm and kill Hellboy. And the illusions to perform the task with ease.

Loki ain't losing this fight.

NOTE: Loki didn't even try to evade/trick or attack Hulk.

jinXed by JaNx
Loki displayed nothing but parlor tricks. Without the tesseract He is just a house of mirrors and Hellboy is the boulder. Unless someone saw a super secret movie that displays Loki as anything other than a jealous and cowardly infant then by all means...,enlighten me. Lokis' only onscreen feats are deception. This is a "physical" fight not a chess match.

Robtard
Anyhow, Hellboy's far stronger. Once the hand of doom gets a grip; Loki's going to be crying.

Silent Master
Am I missing some Hellboy strength feats?

FrothByte
Loki displayed nothing but parlor tricks. Without the tesseract He is just a house of mirrors and Hellboy is the boulder. Unless someone saw a super secret movie that displays Loki as anything other than a jealous and cowardly infant then by all means...,enlighten me. Lokis' only onscreen feats are deception. This is a "physical" fight not a chess match.

Loki showed plenty of physical skill.

1. Took on multiple frost giants
2. Fought Thor in h2h combat twice. He lost both times but Thor didn't exactly have an easy time beating him.
3. Made short work of a whole group of SHIELD agents.
4. Completely manhandled Captain America in a physical fight.
5. Showed reflexes fast enough to catch Hawkeye's arrow.

Loki is stronger than Hellboy. He has proven himself bulletproof from machine gun fire, and has shown incredible durability. Has proven himself pretty adept at h2h fighting. Plus he has your so-called "parlor tricks". Now tell me, what exactly has Hellboy shown that makes you say he'll win against Loki?

How exactly did you conclude that Hellboy's stronger?

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
Am I missing some Hellbiy strength feats?

Stopped and flipped a speeding Jeep Grand Cherokee (about 2 tons) with a single punch. Hand of Doom, bitches.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Stopped and flipped a speeding Jeep Grand Cherokee (about 2 tons) with a single punch. Hand of Doom, bitches.

That's punching power, not exactly strength. I doubt Hellboy can pick up the Jeep and hold it over his head. Kind of like how Tyson has a stronger punch than Pudianowski... doesn't mean he's physically stronger.

As for Loki's strength... Captain America lifted a motorcyle and 3 girls above his head for an extended period of time without even straining himself, and Loki effortlessly overpowered him. Volstagg casually lifted a car with one hand, and Loki should be comparable in strength. Loki was able to trade blows with Thor, meaning he should be similar in strength as well (otherwise he would have buckled while blocking those hits).

Robtard
That's punching power, not exactly strength. I doubt Hellboy can pick up the Jeep and hold it over his head. Kind of like how Tyson has a stronger punch than Pudianowski... doesn't mean he's physically stronger.

As for Loki's strength... Captain America lifted a motorcyle and 3 girls above his head for an extended period of time without even straining himself, and Loki effortlessly overpowered him. Volstagg casually lifted a car with one hand, and Loki should be comparable in strength. Loki was able to trade blows with Thor, meaning he should be similar in strength as well (otherwise he would have buckled while blocking those hits).

It's also strength, as he stopped the Jeep's forward motion by crushing the front end into the road.

Cap's motorcycle trick is nothing compared to Hellboy's Jeep stunt. Loki shouldn't be comparable in strength to Volstagg. Volstagg's an Asgardian; Loki is an Ice Giant runt. Thor's always seen holding back, the one time he doesn't, Loki flees like a ***** (top of Stark Tower). So no, I reject that Loki just has to be close in strength to Thor or even Volstagg.

FrothByte
It's also strength, as he stopped the Jeep's forward motion by crushing the front end into the road.

Cap's motorcycle trick is nothing compared to Hellboy's Jeep stunt. Loki shouldn't be comparable in strength to Volstagg. Volstagg's an Asgardian; Loki is an Ice Giant runt. Thor's always seen holding back, the one time he doesn't, Loki flees like a ***** (top of Stark Tower). So no, I reject that Loki just has to be close in strength to Thor or even Volstagg.

Loki grew up to manhood without anyone suspecting that he was a Frost Giant, which means he should have been within their same strength range otherwise he would have been suspect. Plus Frost giants have superhuman strength as well. Not sure just how strong but I know it's comparable to the Asgardians. I wasn't comparing Cap's motorcycle trick to Hellboy's, I just stated Cap's motorcycle feat to show how strong Loki is since he had no trouble overpowering Cap.

Robtard
Loki grew up to manhood without anyone suspecting that he was a Frost Giant, which means he should have been within their same strength range otherwise he would have been suspect. Plus Frost giants are pretty strong on their own. I wasn't comparing Cap's motorcycle trick to Hellboy's, I just stated Cap's motorcycle feat to show how strong Loki is since he had no trouble overpowering Cap.

This assumes that all Asgardians are the same strength. It's a silly assumption.

Agreed, Loki's very strong since he overpowered Captain America; nothing suggest he's stronger or close to strength as Hellboy though. Feats matter; he has little in this department though.

FrothByte
This assumes that all Asgardians are the same strength. It's a silly assumption.

Agreed, Loki's very strong since he overpowered Captain America; nothing suggest he's stronger or close to strength as Hellboy though. Feats matter; he has little in this department though.

Asgardians are similar in strength in the same way that humans are the same in strength. We differ in strength, but on average we should be within a certain range.

As for feats, again, Loki has blocked hits from Thor. Granted, Thor was holding back, that doesn't mean that all he was doing was swatting at Loki. Even if Thor was fighting Loki at just 60%-70% of his strength and Loki was able to match that, that's still more than Hellboy.

Robtard
Asgardians are similar in strength in the same way that humans are the same in strength. We differ in strength, but on average we should be within a certain range.

As for feats, again, Loki has blocked hits from Thor. Granted, Thor was holding back, that doesn't mean that all he was doing was swatting at Loki. Even if Thor was fighting Loki at just 60%-70% of his strength and Loki was able to match that, that's still more than Hellboy.

Not really. Human's vary widely in strength. Even in similar size and weight comparisons.

As noted, the one time Thor had enough, Loki got his shit pushed in a second and had to flee like a *****. You're just guessing and assuming Loki is comparable to the Asgardians, when all we really have is the Captain America fight. So he's stronger than Capt. Okay.

the ninjak

sigh. People here seem to want to ignore the dagger feats Loki displayed in both films.

He throws them with great accuracy in both films.
They have killed Frost Giants and stabbed Thor.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
sigh. People here seem to want to ignore the dagger feats Loki displayed in both films.

He throws them with great accuracy in both films.
They have killed Frost Giants and stabbed Thor.

Hellboy took a stab to the heart from a spear and was still living, though compromised and would have died in time.

Do you really think a 3-4" dagger is going to take him down?

juggerman
Hellboy took a stab to the heart from a spear and was still living, though compromised and would have died in time.

I thought it didn't penetrate his heart and only would if they kept messing with it. Either way Loki can put Hellboy down with the daggers for sure

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
I thought it didn't penetrate his heart and only would if they kept messing with it. Either way Loki can put Hellboy down with the daggers for sure

IIRC, in the x-ray we wee it growing and pressing against his heart. It would have killed him in time.

I assume you meant "can't".

juggerman
IIRC, in the x-ray we wee it growing and pressing against his heart. It would have killed him in time.

I assume you meant "can't".

But the inital stab did not reach his heart yet still took him out.

You assume falsely! Magic daggers that easily rip thru Thor would be able to cut Hellboy's heart out.

SevenShackles

You assume falsely! Magic daggers that easily rip thru Thor would be able to cut Hellboy's heart out.
I wanted to side with hellboy but this makes sense. The blade left in hellboys chest penetrated easy enough and the threat of it growing into his heart stabbing it was precieved as lethal so I could only imagine a dagger capable of killing frost giants and cutting Thor would penetrate his chest/heart and kill him with little issue.

Curious if hellboy could have a defense to this.. I forget how fast his reaction time/shooting was, could he shoot the blades before they get to him? Would it make a difference? Damnit now I need to re watch the movies lol.

juggerman
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I wanted to side with hellboy but this makes sense. The blade left in hellboys chest penetrated easy enough and the threat of it growing into his heart stabbing it was precieved as lethal so I could only imagine a dagger capable of killing frost giants and cutting Thor would penetrate his chest/heart and kill him with little issue.

Curious if hellboy could have a defense to this.. I forget how fast his reaction time/shooting was, could he shoot the blades before they get to him? Would it make a difference? Damnit now I need to re watch the movies lol.

Hellboy admitted his aim was bad and that was the reason he used that huge gun. He had trouble hitting that monster dog in the beginning of the first one so i doubt he'd be shooting daggers out of the air

Robtard

Cos it's a magical spear and it still ripped through his chest and by "taken out" do you mean still able to function for the most part?

That dagger was maybe 3-4 inches long and Thor for the most part was okay after being stabbed and I'm not certain Asgardians have a fast healing factor, being tough/durable is more their thing.

Should also be noted that once the spear-tip was taken out of Hellboy, he was fine, his recovery and healing are pretty impressive. So Loki throws a dagger, it stabs into Hellboy a few inches; he pulls it out; is fine.

NemeBro
Hellboy is pretty strong with his right fist.

It won't hit Loki.

Robtard
Thor's no speedster; he had no problem grabbing Loki and handing Loki his own ass once Thor stopped holding back. Hellboy can do the same.

Besides, Hellboy has experience fighting extremely fast and agile opponents. Loki will be easy to hit compared to Nauda. Your argument is rendered invalid. Thanks for playing.

Silent Master
Thor was blocking energy blasts in both movies, and Loki was able to catch an arrow without even looking, they're not exactly slow.

FrothByte
When Nuada stabbed Hellboy with his spear and broke off his tip, it was his intention NOT to kill Hellboy. So that speartip not killing Hellboy has got nothing to do with how tough Hellboy was. Nuada simply didn't want to kill him at that point.

Thor was no speedster, yet he was dodging around blows from Hulk and IM... he was one of the more agile Avengers. Loki also had no trouble hitting the agile Captain America. Granted, they're nothing like Nuada, but Loki does have his illusions which should make it harder for Hellboy to hit him. If he pulls the trick he did in the first Thor movie where he creates dozens of illusions of himself around Hellboy, I don't see Hellboy can get out of that one without getting a couple of daggers into him.

I'm pretty sure Loki can survive being hit by Hellboy's big-ass gun. I don't see Hellboy surviving Loki's daggers. Plus, does Loki get his staff in this? If Hellboy gets his main weapon I think it's only fair that Loki gets his.

Lestov16
Loki's illusion casting and staff may secure his win here. If it were pure H2H, Hellboy would cave in his face no problem.

Silent Master
Even the Hulk didn't "cave Loki's face in", are you claiming that Hellboy is stronger than the Hulk?

Lestov16
He'd KO Loki, Mr. Literal

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lestov16
He'd KO Loki, Mr. Literal

No he didn't, Loki was still awake; plus that was after Loki's fight with Thor and having an explosive arrow go off in his face.

Lestov16
I meant Hellboy would KO him. And he was KOed considering he woke up to have the Avengers surrounding him.

Silent Master
I meant Hellboy would KO him. And he was KOed considering he woke up to have the Avengers surrounding him.

Again, watch the scene, his eyes were still open and are you seriously claiming that Hellboy has Hulk level strength?

Lestov16
So you're saying Loki could no-sell repeated punches to the face from Hellboy?

Silent Master

Your proof that Hellboy could ko Loki is the beating he took from the Hulk, which means that you're claiming that Hellboy has Hulk level strength.

I'd like to see you prove this.

FrothByte

If Loki is fighting back, then Hellboy will have a tough time getting repeated hits in to his face. Loki showed good h2h skill, probably better than Hellboy. And I'm pretty sure Loki is overall stronger than Hellboy, only his stone hand being stronger. A hit from that hand will hurt Loki, but not immediately knock him out. It will take repeated hits to knock out Loki... but I'm thinking Loki's daggers kill Hellboy before he can knockout Loki.

the ninjak

What about the glowing green ones he threw straight into Frost Giants in Thor?

juggerman
Cos it's a magical spear and it still ripped through his chest and by "taken out" do you mean still able to function for the most part?

That dagger was maybe 3-4 inches long and Thor for the most part was okay after being stabbed and I'm not certain Asgardians have a fast healing factor, being tough/durable is more their thing.

Should also be noted that once the spear-tip was taken out of Hellboy, he was fine, his recovery and healing are pretty impressive. So Loki throws a dagger, it stabs into Hellboy a few inches; he pulls it out; is fine.

They are Magical daggers as well. I mean it would put Hellboy down for the count. He was stabbed but only the tip of the spear, maybe 3-4 inches, actually pierced his flesh and that took Hellboy down right away. Loki's daggers would do worse seeing as how Nomak let Hellboy live

Thor probably has better durability than Hellboy as well. He also had armor. He was also stabbed in the belly area iirc while Hellboy was stabbed close to the heart. Big difference imo

His healing does seem to be more impressive than Thor's but Loki can throw those daggers pretty darn fast. Once one hits you think he's just going to stand by and wait for Hellboy to pull it out? And that's if he doesn't go down like he did against Nomak

Supra
Loki is bulletproof. He's also strong and skilled enough to go toe to toe with Thor. Tough enough to survive a thrashing by hulk with just minor injuries. Plus he can make those magical daggers that are strong enough to take down frost giants. That big-ass gun of Hellboy can maybe hurt Loki but definitely wont take him out.

The beaten put on him by Thor then Hulk really shows how much durability he has.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

NemeBro
Thor's no speedster; he had no problem grabbing Loki and handing Loki his own ass once Thor stopped holding back. Hellboy can do the same.

Besides, Hellboy has experience fighting extremely fast and agile opponents. Loki will be easy to hit compared to Nauda. Your argument is rendered invalid. Thanks for playing.

Thor is faster than Hellboy.

Want to know what none of those speedsters had? Strength exceeding Hellboy, the durability to take his hits, and illusions to make dodging him easy.

He dodges the first hit, grabs him by the arm, pins him down, and punches Hellboy's skull in.

quanchi112
Does anyone really take Robbie seriously ?

jinXed by JaNx
Loki showed plenty of physical skill.

1. Took on multiple frost giants
2. Fought Thor in h2h combat twice. He lost both times but Thor didn't exactly have an easy time beating him.
3. Made short work of a whole group of SHIELD agents.
4. Completely manhandled Captain America in a physical fight.
5. Showed reflexes fast enough to catch Hawkeye's arrow.

Loki is stronger than Hellboy. He has proven himself bulletproof from machine gun fire, and has shown incredible durability. Has proven himself pretty adept at h2h fighting. Plus he has your so-called "parlor tricks". Now tell me, what exactly has Hellboy shown that makes you say he'll win against Loki?

i fail to see the point you're trying to make. He can beat up a bunch of humans. That is essentially what your "feat" list consisted of there. Oh and some overgrown dim witted frost giants. The only reason Thor didn't lay his hammer down on the pansy ass Loki is because he has big heart..,awww yeah the thunder dick does care.

Hellboy doesn't kill humans..,he fights beings from realms more ancient than Valhalla. How did you come to the conclusion that Loki is strong? That is certainly not a feat i would rely on for Loki to come through with lol

FrothByte
i fail to see the point you're trying to make. He can beat up a bunch of humans. That is essentially what your "feat" list consisted of there. Oh and some overgrown dim witted frost giants. The only reason Thor didn't lay his hammer down on the pansy ass Loki is because he has big heart..,awww yeah the thunder dick does care.

Hellboy doesn't kill humans..,he fights beings from realms more ancient than Valhalla. How did you come to the conclusion that Loki is strong? That is certainly not a feat i would rely on for Loki to come through with lol

There was only one mention of "bunch of humans' in my post which was the SHIELD agents and yet you somehow managed to generalize the rest of my post with that? Ignoring that all the other points I made were not in relation to bunch of humans.

Beating up the SHIELD agents wasn't that impressive in itself, what made it impressive was that Loki was able to tank all the machine gun fire thrown at him. When was the last time Hellboy showed himself bulletproof against machine-gun fire?

Movie version Captain America had superhuman strength. It's not that Loki beat up Cap that was impressive, but that all the shots that Cap hit Loki with didn't even get Loki to move a step back. Hellboy has no such feat where he took on multiple blows by someone with superhuman strength without even taking a step back.

Thor is always holding back. Thor was holding back against Hulk, yet he was strong enough to block Hulk's punch and strong enough to hurt Hulk. Thor was holding back against IM, yet was strong enough to dent and damage IM"s armor. This is the same Thor that Loki went toe to toe against and actually gave a decent fight. When was the last time that Hellboy took on someone as strong and as skilled as Thor?

The frost giants may seem dimwitted and cumbersome, but they are smarter and more skilled than the average monsters that Hellboy takes on. As for skilled opponents, Hellboy has taken on guys like Nuada and Kroenen, but he has never taken on someone like Thor and Hulk. And though Loki was defeated by both Thor and Hulk, I'm pretty sure Hellboy wouldn't have been able to survive both encounters.

Plus there's still the fact that Hellboy's gun probably won't KO Loki since no gun has yet to KO him or seriously hurt him. But blades have been shown to hurt Hellboy, and Loki has blades aplenty.

Supra
The blade that almost killed hellboy loki could do the same thing.

Supra
He is very smart and cunning as well. Loki survived a thrashing my Thor and Hulk within 5 minutes. Loki could take Hell Boy. Hell boy is deamon, Loki is a god. Pretty sure Loki takes him down.

NemeBro

The fact that he can physically resist Thor to any extent.

Let me put it to you this way. In a fight with Hellboy, Thor would not need to fight him the way he fought Loki, if he was unwilling to hurt him. He could grab him, bend him over his knee, and give him a spanking. He could spread his ass cheeks and begin to lick his milk dud. He could give make tender love to that ass, and even have the common courtesy to give Hellboy a reach-around.

Hellboy would be powerless to stop this. Thor wouldn't even need to fight Hellboy to beat him, he is stronger than Hellboy by something around the ballpark of tens of thousands of times.

He couldn't do that to Loki.

Supra
And Janx I think your over looking the fact that Loki took a direct beat down from Thor and Hulk and lived through it. He didn't even need to go to a healing room. If hulk put that beating on Hellboy he would be KO

marwash22
He could spread his ass cheeks and begin to lick his milk dud. He could give make tender love to that ass, and even have the common courtesy to give Hellboy a reach-around.

Hellboy x Loki.

Neme's writing fanfic's now.

Robtard
Nemebro,

Except of course Loki doesn't have the strength feats that but him over Hellboy. So in your greek wrestling match, Loki gets buggered by the big red.

Show me something Loki did that puts him over this strength-wise:

9kA0tg8hudw

If your response is still "HE FOUGHT THOR!1!". Then realize Captain America fought Loki.

Supra
I think Loki can lift up to 30 tons. He is 6'4'' 525lbs, hes a pretty big guy.

Robtard
Originally posted by Supra
I think Loki can lift up to 30 tons. He is 6'4'' 525lbs, hes a pretty big guy.

Cool story, bro.

Supra
Cool story, bro.

Thanks I like Loki, he always make the day and has a good presence.

NemeBro
If your response is still "HE FOUGHT THOR!1!". Then realize Captain America fought Loki. Captain America's fist has more impact than bullets do on Loki. Albeit only once, the other times Loki toyed with and dominated Cap, whose punches came to a dead halt on his face.

Loki on the other hand could actually stagger Thor with his blows, and when Thor was on top of him in the first Thor (gay) he threw him off.

59qoIFbAAzE

5:30.

Loki survived that.

Hellboy can't so much as hurt Loki.

ZB5_x0KIkyY

40 seconds in, Loki forces Thor's head through the glass railing. He even manages to gain the advantage in their fight.

Thor is still decidedly superior, but he wouldn't struggle nearly as much against Hellboy.

Robtard
That's Loki with Odin's staff. The most powerful Asgardian an shit.

Durability (which Loki has in spades) isn't strength. So not sure why you posted that.

Thor is always holding back due to his buttlove for Loki. We know this, cos the second Thor has enough, Loki gets dropped.

This ends one way, Hellboy pinning Loki to the ground, covering his nose/mouth with his bare giant red ass-cheeks and farting until Loki's unconscious.

NemeBro
So what you are saying is that Thor let Loki force him through that glass?

You're kind of a dumb half-breeded metrosexual.

golem370
Thor facing Loki is abit of a problem because Thor loved Loki and I am sure wasn't going all out. Loki and Hellboy are extremely durable for their weight class.

FrothByte
Nemebro,

Except of course Loki doesn't have the strength feats that but him over Hellboy. So in your greek wrestling match, Loki gets buggered by the big red.

Show me something Loki did that puts him over this strength-wise:

9kA0tg8hudw

If your response is still "HE FOUGHT THOR!1!". Then realize Captain America fought Loki.

I watched the video closely, and now I'm even more convinced that that is a bad example of Hellboy's strength. If we consider physics properly in this video, we'll realize that it's not such a great strength feat after all. If Hellboy had punched the car head on and managed to stop it in it's tracks, that would be a great strength feat. Or if Hellboy managed to flip the car in the air from his own punch, that would have been another good strength feat.

But what happened is that Hellboy punched the SUV's nose down into the ground, and it was the ground that stopped the SUV's forward motion and the SUV's momentum that made it flip.

So basically the only strength feat we can give to Hellboy in this is that he's strong enough (with his rock hand only) to punch an SUV's nose down into the ground. Meaning his punch is only around as strong as the springs in the SUV. Still not a bad strength feat, but definitely nothing as big as you make it sound.

Robtard
So what you are saying is that Thor let Loki force him through that glass?

You're kind of a dumb half-breeded metrosexual.

Watch the clip. Thor is holding back and not going all out, so he's taking hits. When Thor finally has enough, realizes that Loki can't be reasoned with and gets stabbed, he WTF-stomps Loki and Loki has to flee.

I realize you think Loki's cute/hot, but don't let your erection rule your judgements.

Robtard
I watched the video closely, and now I'm even more convinced that that is a bad example of Hellboy's strength. If we consider physics properly in this video, we'll realize that it's not such a great strength feat after all. If Hellboy had punched the car head on and managed to stop it in it's tracks, that would be a great strength feat. Or if Hellboy managed to flip the car in the air from his own punch, that would have been another good strength feat.

But what happened is that Hellboy punched the SUV's nose down into the ground, and it was the ground that stopped the SUV's forward motion and the SUV's momentum that made it flip.

So basically the only strength feat we can give to Hellboy in this is that he's strong enough (with his rock hand only) to punch an SUV's nose down into the ground. Meaning his punch is only around as strong as the springs in the SUV. Still not a bad strength feat, but definitely nothing as big as you make it sound.

"Meaning his punch is only around as strong as the springs in the SUV." laughing out loud

Epic downplay if I've ever seen one.

quanchi112
"Meaning his punch is only around as strong as the springs in the SUV." laughing out loud

Epic downplay if I've ever seen one. Awful debating on your end.

NemeBro
Watch the clip. Thor is holding back and not going all out, so he's taking hits. When Thor finally has enough, realizes that Loki can't be reasoned with and gets stabbed, he WTF-stomps Loki and Loki has to flee.

I realize you think Loki's cute/hot, but don't let your erection rule your judgements.

So you are, in fact, saying that Thor allowed Loki to smash his face through the barrier?

Robtard
So you are, in fact, saying that Thor allowed Loki to smash his face through the barrier?

Allowed as in "here you go", no. Holding back to the point where Loki was able to, yes.

Are you saying Thor was going all out from the start?

NemeBro
Oh no, he didn't hit Loki as hard as he could, didn't capitalize on openings he might have seen, but he surely did not allow Loki to put his face through the barrier.

Robtard
Oh no, he didn't hit Loki as hard as he could, didn't capitalize on openings he might have seen, but he surely did not allow Loki to put his face through the barrier.

So you agree with what I said, Loki did what he did cos Thor was holding back.

FrothByte

Epic downplay if I've ever seen one.

How is it downplaying? An SUV's springs are strong enough to support the weight of it's engine. Hellboy punching it down to smash it into the ground is a pretty decent strength feat. But it's a feat that still doesn't show him being strong enough to lift a car, let alone flip it in the air.

quanchi112
How is it downplaying? An SUV's springs are strong enough to support the weight of it's engine. Hellboy punching it down to smash it into the ground is a pretty decent strength feat. But it's a feat that still doesn't show him being strong enough to lift a car, let alone flip it in the air. Whenever Robbie disagrees he says your downplaying. He only has like 5 responses when he can't counter a point.

Robtard
How is it downplaying? An SUV's springs are strong enough to support the weight of it's engine. Hellboy punching it down to smash it into the ground is a pretty decent strength feat. But it's a feat that still doesn't show him being strong enough to lift a car, let alone flip it in the air.

Because a considerable portion of the car's mass X velocity energy would have been transferred to Hellboy's body before it flipped.

You're essentially saying Hellboy's just strong enough to push down a couple car shocks, when that scene is obviously so much more.

Loki most likely wins this cos his durability is ridiculously higher than Hellboy's, but there's no need to downplay.

FrothByte
Because a considerable portion of the cars mass X velocity energy would have been transferred to Hellboy's body before it flipped.

You're essentially saying Hellboy's just strong enough to push down a couple car shocks, when that scene is obviously so much more.

Loki most likely wins this cos his durability is ridiculously higher than Hellboy's, but there's no need to downplay.

SUV's nose hits the pavement, that's what stops it's mass x velocity. If Hellboy had punched the SUV at an angle, then yeah he would have had some effect on the velocity. Seeing as he punch straight down then he wasn't countering any of the vehicles mass and velocity... unless you're telling me that the SUV had an upward velocity that he countered by punching straight down?

I will agree though that Hellboy showed an extra amount of strength in that his punch was strong enough that the SUV didn't slide forward on it's nose. He was also strong enough that he seemed to do this fairly effortlessly. I am not saying Hellboy is weak. Just that this feat doesn't make him strong enough to lift a car, stop it in it's tracks, or flip it in the air.

Robtard
SUV's nose hits the pavement, that's what stops it's mass x velocity. If Hellboy had punched the SUV at an angle, then yeah he would have had some effect on the velocity. Seeing as he punch straight down then he wasn't countering any of the vehicles mass and velocity... unless you're telling me that the SUV had an upward velocity that he countered by punching straight down?

Would have transferred to his arm until the nose bit into the ground and the ground took over and transferred the forward momentum into a flip.

You're really going to say he just showed enough strength to push down two shocks?

FrothByte
Would have transferred to his arm until the nose bit into the ground and the ground took over and transferred the forward momentum into a flip.

You're really going to say he just showed enough strength to push down two shocks?

Would have transferred to his arm till the nose bit the ground... and that took what, like a couple of milliseconds?

I'm saying that he was strong enough to push down on two shocks plus a bit more strength to make sure nose of SUV kept contact with pavement and not slide forward. AND this was punching strength/power, which won't mean that he can do the same thing with just brute strength. If Loki wrestles him like he did Thor, Hellboy won't have enough strength to counter that, though he probably punches stronger than Loki with his rock hand.

focus4chumps
hellboy imho is the stronger fighter, but loki seems just as indestructible since he was able to get up and walk after that vicious hulk-rape. tough call.

Robtard
Would have transferred to his arm till the nose bit the ground... and that took what, like a couple of milliseconds?

I'm saying that he was strong enough to push down on two shocks plus a bit more strength to make sure nose of SUV kept contact with pavement and not slide forward. AND this was punching strength/power, which won't mean that he can do the same thing with just brute strength. If Loki wrestles him like he did Thor, Hellboy won't have enough strength to counter that, though he probably punches stronger than Loki with his rock hand.

Your exact words were: "meaning his punch is only around as strong as the springs in the SUV." When that clearly isn't so, he's much stronger. If you misspoke, sure. No problem.

FrothByte
Your exact words were: "meaning his punch is only around as strong as the springs in the SUV." When that clearly isn't so, he's much stronger. If you misspoke, sure. No problem.

Yes, upon further review of the video I do admit that a certain extra amount of strength was needed to keep the SUV's nose in the ground. Still doesn't make him as strong as being able to lift or flip the SUV but a bit stronger than being able to push against shocks.

Robtard
Yes, upon further review of the video I do admit that a certain extra amount of strength was needed to keep the SUV's nose in the ground.

Still doesn't make him as strong as being able to lift or flip the SUV but a bit stronger than being able to push against shocks.

thumb up

I don't think I ever implied Hellboy was strong enough to pick up and toss SUV's like the Hulk.

focus4chumps
thumb up

I don't think I ever implied Hellboy was strong enough to pick up and toss SUV's like the Hulk.

hellboy may not be able to pick it up (dont know that he couldnt either) but he certainly has the strength to flip it. and what an understatement for the hulk. the real question is whether he could "toss" an SUV into orbit.

jinXed by JaNx
There was only one mention of "bunch of humans' in my post which was the SHIELD agents and yet you somehow managed to generalize the rest of my post with that? Ignoring that all the other points I made were not in relation to bunch of humans.

Beating up the SHIELD agents wasn't that impressive in itself, what made it impressive was that Loki was able to tank all the machine gun fire thrown at him. When was the last time Hellboy showed himself bulletproof against machine-gun fire?

Movie version Captain America had superhuman strength. It's not that Loki beat up Cap that was impressive, but that all the shots that Cap hit Loki with didn't even get Loki to move a step back. Hellboy has no such feat where he took on multiple blows by someone with superhuman strength without even taking a step back.

Thor is always holding back. Thor was holding back against Hulk, yet he was strong enough to block Hulk's punch and strong enough to hurt Hulk. Thor was holding back against IM, yet was strong enough to dent and damage IM"s armor. This is the same Thor that Loki went toe to toe against and actually gave a decent fight. When was the last time that Hellboy took on someone as strong and as skilled as Thor?

The frost giants may seem dimwitted and cumbersome, but they are smarter and more skilled than the average monsters that Hellboy takes on. As for skilled opponents, Hellboy has taken on guys like Nuada and Kroenen, but he has never taken on someone like Thor and Hulk. And though Loki was defeated by both Thor and Hulk, I'm pretty sure Hellboy wouldn't have been able to survive both encounters.

Plus there's still the fact that Hellboy's gun probably won't KO Loki since no gun has yet to KO him or seriously hurt him. But blades have been shown to hurt Hellboy, and Loki has blades aplenty.

Firstly, you cannot just say that Hellboy hasn't taken on someone like Thor or Hulk because Thor and Hulk are perceived differently in your mind. Thor is a God right? Well, so is Hellboy. So, i don't want to hear people pointing out that Loki didn't need time to recover before he was able to re-gather his faculties.

I ask you...,advise me to scenarios where, Loki has displayed such, speed, strength and agility feats that, Hellboy has displayed. You retort with...,"well, he survived a beating from a Thor who wasn't trying to kill but detain him and an encounter with the, Hulk.

That's a pretty weak argument, man. I never said Loki wasn't durable. I just argue that he has nothing serious to offer a physical threat. The movies' themselves focus on the fact that, Loki is a weak and callus warrior. The focus of his strengths in, both Avengers and Thor showcased him as a plotter. Unless, Loki has some kind of mystical device no one ever takes him serious, he is just a nuisance that the heroes deal with because they're kind of responsible for his existence.

You people also seem to focus a f*ck ton on Hellboys guns. I have no idea why. Hellboys' guns' are deadly because the ammunition is tailored made to each enemies weaknesses. This ties in with his team and also his broad understanding of both paranormal entities and magical beings hellboys guns, in this match, would most likely only be used for strategy. In other words, he can have the advantage of forcing Loki to go on the defensive has he leaps to and fro...,Either way, his speed, strength and agility are unmatched here. Red hand of Doom smashes, Loki's face to ectoplasm. Oh yeah and he didn't even have to go all Dark lord and shit wink

the ninjak
Loki threw energized daggers into Frost Giants deep into their chests.

And we've all seen Loki's skill with throwing mulitple daggers in Avengers.

Why can't Loki throw multiple similar projectiles into Hellboy after casting illusions?

Supra
Loki threw energized daggers into Frost Giants deep into their chests.

And we've all seen Loki's skill with throwing mulitple daggers in Avengers.

Why can't Loki throw multiple similar projectiles into Hellboy after casting illusions?

He could do the same thing to Hellboy that Prince Nuada did when he stabbed Hellboy in the heart with a magical dagger. Loki has the same abilities and more. Infact Hellboy would have died for sure without his girlfriend making a deal with the angel of death.

The fact that Loki beat Down Captain America, went Toe to Toe with Thor and survived a unsurvivable smash from the Hulk proves he has strength, skills and serious durability. Not saying he is indestructible. Also later on in the Thor fight, Thor is getting the crap beat out him by the hulk.

Then Loki also takes a shot from a phase 3 weapon which is a modified portable destroyer by Phil on the flying ship. Which he also survives.

I dont see hellboy walking aways from a battle with thor, a shot from a destroyer weapon and a smashing by the hulk all within a few hours, hellboy would be seriously hurt or dead

There is no reason why Loki can win this with all this tricks up his sleeves. Loki is just as strong if not stronger then hellyboy. He is a master of magic and deception. Can kill tons of frost giants and go toe to toe with most of the avengers.

the ninjak
He could do the same thing to Hellboy that Prince Nuada did when he stabbed Hellboy in the heart with a magical dagger. Loki has the same abilities and more. Infact Hellboy would have died for sure without his girlfriend making a deal with the angel of death.

The fact that Loki beat Down Captain America, went Toe to Toe with Thor and survived a unsurvivable smash from the Hulk proves he has strength, skills and serious durability. Not saying he is indestructible. Also later on in the Thor fight, Thor is getting the crap beat out him by the hulk.

Then Loki also takes a shot from a phase 3 weapon which is a modified portable destroyer by Phil on the flying ship. Which he also survives.

I dont see hellboy walking aways from a battle with thor, a shot from a destroyer weapon and a smashing by the hulk all within a few hours, hellboy would be seriously hurt or dead

There is no reason why Loki can win this with all this tricks up his sleeves. Loki is just as strong if not stronger then hellyboy. He is a master of magic and deception. Can kill tons of frost giants and go toe to toe with most of the avengers.

Loki can easily kill alot more Golden Army machine soldiers than Hellboy did at a faster rate.

Supra
Loki can easily kill alot more Golden Army machine soldiers than Hellboy did at a faster rate.

Yea for sure, he could have soloed that army and taken out Prince Nuada with ease.

Robtard
Yea for sure, he could have soloed that army and taken out Prince Nuada with ease.

Is this in part because he's 6'4" 525lbs, is a pretty big guy and has a good presence?

FrothByte
Firstly, you cannot just say that Hellboy hasn't taken on someone like Thor or Hulk because Thor and Hulk are perceived differently in your mind. Thor is a God right? Well, so is Hellboy. So, i don't want to hear people pointing out that Loki didn't need time to recover before he was able to re-gather his faculties.

I ask you...,advise me to scenarios where, Loki has displayed such, speed, strength and agility feats that, Hellboy has displayed. You retort with...,"well, he survived a beating from a Thor who wasn't trying to kill but detain him and an encounter with the, Hulk.

That's a pretty weak argument, man. I never said Loki wasn't durable. I just argue that he has nothing serious to offer a physical threat. The movies' themselves focus on the fact that, Loki is a weak and callus warrior. The focus of his strengths in, both Avengers and Thor showcased him as a plotter. Unless, Loki has some kind of mystical device no one ever takes him serious, he is just a nuisance that the heroes deal with because they're kind of responsible for his existence.

You people also seem to focus a f*ck ton on Hellboys guns. I have no idea why. Hellboys' guns' are deadly because the ammunition is tailored made to each enemies weaknesses. This ties in with his team and also his broad understanding of both paranormal entities and magical beings hellboys guns, in this match, would most likely only be used for strategy. In other words, he can have the advantage of forcing Loki to go on the defensive has he leaps to and fro...,Either way, his speed, strength and agility are unmatched here. Red hand of Doom smashes, Loki's face to ectoplasm. Oh yeah and he didn't even have to go all Dark lord and shit wink

So far all of us who are backing Loki has provided lots of proof on Loki's strength, durability, speed, and fighting skill. As for all of you Hellboy supporters, only Robtard has taken the time and effort to come up with feats for Hellboy. So instead of simply saying stuff like "prove that Loki is stronger or faster, etc. etc.", why don't you come up with your own proof that Hellboy is stronger, faster and more agile.

I'll say it again. Loki has proven himself bullet proof against machne gun fire. Can Hellboy say the same?

Name me 1 opponent that Hellboy has faced who was as strong and as skilled as Thor. Thor is always holding back. He was holding back against IM yet damaged IM's suit even when IM was at 400%. Thor was holding back against Hulk but even then was able to hurt Hulk and block his punches. This is the same Thor that Loki fought, and although he lost in the end the mere fact that he was able to go toe to toe with Thor on his own (IM needed a 400% charge before he could do that) puts his strength level and skill level just a few notches below Thor's.

As for agility, see his first fight with Thor in the THOR movie. I'd like to see Hellboy pull of fighting moves like that.

Strength? Picked up Tony Stark with one hand and threw him 10 feet through the window. Took on multiple hits from Captain America (who showed superhuman strength) and didn't even take a step back while tanking those hits.

Fast enough reflexes to catch Hawkeye's arrows.

Now you believe Hellboy stands a chance at winning this, then fine. But debate it properly and list down feats of Hellboy that show he can match up to Loki. So far the only decent feat I've seen here is what Robtard posted on Hellboy punching that SUV.

You claim that Hellboy can punch Loki's face into ectoplasm. Loki has taken punches from Thor and a thrashing from Hulk and was still not knocked out. Prove to me that Hellboy can punch stronger than Hulk or Thor.

Supra
Is this in part because he's 6'4" 525lbs, is a pretty big guy and has a good presence?

No cause hes a god

Supra
So far all of us who are backing Loki has provided lots of proof on Loki's strength, durability, speed, and fighting skill. As for all of you Hellboy supporters, only Robtard has taken the time and effort to come up with feats for Hellboy. So instead of simply saying stuff like "prove that Loki is stronger or faster, etc. etc.", why don't you come up with your own proof that Hellboy is stronger, faster and more agile.

I'll say it again. Loki has proven himself bullet proof against machne gun fire. Can Hellboy say the same?

Name me 1 opponent that Hellboy has faced who was as strong and as skilled as Thor. Thor is always holding back. He was holding back against IM yet damaged IM's suit even when IM was at 400%. Thor was holding back against Hulk but even then was able to hurt Hulk and block his punches. This is the same Thor that Loki fought, and although he lost in the end the mere fact that he was able to go toe to toe with Thor on his own (IM needed a 400% charge before he could do that) puts his strength level and skill level just a few notches below Thor's.

As for agility, see his first fight with Thor in the THOR movie. I'd like to see Hellboy pull of fighting moves like that.

Strength? Picked up Tony Stark with one hand and threw him 10 feet through the window. Took on multiple hits from Captain America (who showed superhuman strength) and didn't even take a step back while tanking those hits.

Now you believe Hellboy stands a chance at winning this, then fine. But debate it properly and list down feats of Hellboy that show he can match up to Loki. So far the only decent feat I've seen here is what Robtard posted on Hellboy punching that SUV.

You claim that Hellboy can punch Loki's face into ectoplasm. Loki has taken punches from Thor and a thrashing from Hulk and was still not knocked out. Prove to me that Hellboy can punch stronger than Hulk or Thor.

Your Points are irrefutable. Very well written I might add.

jinXed by JaNx

The reason i dont argue that Hellboy cant take a punch from the Hulk or Thor is because he has never fault them. That should be common sense. It's the same reason i never bring up the fact that i believe, Loki isn't skilled enough to have survived the encounters of the enemies that, Hellboy has encountered. it's just common sense.In all of your dribble you have still failed to give me an example where Loki has proven to be on the same level as Hellboys physical prowess. Show me where, Loki has displayed, Strength, speed and agility on the same level as, Hellboy..,please.

i'm waiting roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
No cause hes a god

He's actually a runt Frost Giant. But who cares about facts.

quanchi112
Loki clearly wins.

FrothByte
The reason i dont argue that Hellboy cant take a punch from the Hulk or Thor is because he has never fault them. That should be common sense. It's the same reason i never bring up the fact that i believe, Loki isn't skilled enough to have survived the encounters of the enemies that, Hellboy has encountered. it's just common sense.In all of your dribble you have still failed to give me an example where Loki has proven to be on the same level as Hellboys physical prowess. Show me where, Loki has displayed, Strength, speed and agility on the same level as, Hellboy..,please.

So in short, you still have given zero examples of feats showing why you think Hellboy is stronger, faster, or more agile.

You probably can't think of any, which is why all you can do is try to turn the argument around.

quanchi112
So in short, you still have given zero examples of feats showing why you think Hellboy is stronger, faster, or more agile.

You probably can't think of any, which is why all you can do is try to turn the argument around. It reminds of of Robards debating. Proving nothing and yet demanding the other side continues to prove their points without addressing them.

Supra
Show me where, Loki has displayed, Strength, speed and agility on the same level as, Hellboy..,please.

He fought thor in te movie and in avengers. Fought Captain America with ease, hes bulletproof. And survived a extreme thrashing from Thor.

In all the Hellboy Movies he was always getting smacked around by monsters in pretty much every fight.

If Thor can beat Hellboy and Loki can go toe to toe with Thor, Loki<Hellboy

Hellboy has a hard time with even this minion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHFp7y90l0

Supra
He's actually a runt Frost Giant. But who cares about facts.

True however he has the powers of both Asgaurd and Yodenheim. Odin used his powerful magic to make him not look like a frost giant, but as we can see from Thor when a frost giant grabbs him it does not hurt him and he can use the Casket the same way Laufey.

This is one of the reasons why Loki is so strong cause he still has the strength and power of the frost giants mixed with powers of Magic and enchantments from Asgaurd and Odin.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
It reminds of of Robards debating. Proving nothing and yet demanding the other side continues to prove their points without addressing them.

Nope. You're totally not butthurt and aren't crying, Quanchi. Totally laughing out loud Not laughing out loud Butthurt laughing out loud

FrothByte
True however he has the powers of both Asgaurd and Yodenheim. Odin used his powerful magic to make him not look like a frost giant, but as we can see from Thor when a frost giant grabbs him it does not hurt him and he can use the Casket the same way Laufey.

This is one of the reasons why Loki is so strong cause he still has the strength and power of the frost giants mixed with powers of Magic and enchantments from Asgaurd and Odin.

Yup, and we also need to remember that frost giants are strong enough to hurt and kill asgardians. That's why their war was so devastating on both sides. So Loki being a frost giant isn't exactly a bad thing on his part. Whether Asgardian or Frost Giant, both have superhuman strength, just that Loki was raised with Asgardian training plus whatever magic Odin put on him to make him more Asgardian.

Robtard

But actually, all we know is that Odin made him appear to be Asgardian, which appears to be just cosmetic and that he was trained in fighting and a few spell/tricks by Asgardians.

This whole "powers and magic and enchantments from Asgard, oh my" is little more than wankery.

Supra
Yup, and we also need to remember that frost giants are strong enough to hurt and kill asgardians. That's why their war was so devastating on both sides. So Loki being a frost giant isn't exactly a bad thing on his part. Whether Asgardian or Frost Giant, both have superhuman strength, just that Loki was raised with Asgardian training plus whatever magic Odin put on him to make him more Asgardian.

Kudos!

quanchi112
Nope. You're totally not butthurt and aren't crying, Quanchi. Totally laughing out loud Not laughing out loud Butthurt laughing out loud That is how you debate. Don't get mad at me. Just relax.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
That is how you debate. Don't get mad at me. Just relax.

Anytime you want to stop obsessing over me and post on the topic would be good. I don't mind your infantile attention, but it's not fair to the other posters who are trying to have a fun debate. smile

quanchi112
Anytime you want to stop obsessing over me and post on the topic would be good. I don't mind your infantile attention, but it's not fair to the other posters who are trying to have a fun debate. smile My post was spot on and you know it. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.