The trio that fought Bane runs a gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan
Raskta Lsu, Valenthyne Farfalla and Johun Othone find themselves in gauntlet when they must fight duos/trios from CW era.

Lets assume they are in the same BM state as when they fought Bane in RoT.

Setting: Hangar where Dooku fought Kenobi and Skywalker in AotC.

Conditions: Full rest after each battle.

1. Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar
2. Assaji Ventress and General Grevious
3. CW Maul and CW Oppress
4. RotS Kenobi and CW Anakin

Nephthys
Clear it imo.

The_Tempest
They go down at 3. Unless I'm forgetting some of their better feats, these guys are severely outclassed by Maul and Opress as Force users.

Nephthys
They were outclassed against Bane too but managed to compensate for it.

Ascendancy
Yeah, the Force issue doesn't play in so much here. A close in battle would mostly fall to pure sabers. Bane didn't even go crazy with the lightning until he was down to one and wanted to savor the victory.

I will say this about three, however: Johun may be the weak link exploited once again for a victory. I will assume that Lsu takes on Maul herself. During this, Johun and Farfalla are trying to fight Oppress. If he's good enough he might manage to turn Johun into a hindrance for Farfalla, though I may be giving too much credit to Savage there.

That said, Lsu may be able to take down Maul and come to help finish Oppress, who obviously isn't benefiting from Orbs or the training that Bane had.

For for, CW Anakin is the weak link, and would likely be the first to fall, as would Obi once he is alone.

Interesting gauntlet.

Q99
I think they're going to need a resurrection potion more than just rest, Johun'll probably die in the first one, if not then the second!

Though... that's not necessarily a big problem...

Ascendancy
I think that honestly the whole EU has gotten screwed up. The Twi'lek Othone fought in RoT was no punk in terms of skill with his blades, and may have been on Vizsla's level, who gave Maul a run for his money, which, therefore, makes Othone almost Maul's level.

Again, not a gauntlet that I see being super decisive either way. Change TCW Anakin to RotS pre-suit Vader and I would love to see how things go.

axel_jovan

Ascendancy
Originally posted by axel_jovan

Othone almost Maul's level? Hmm .... erm

Just a joke based on the A>B>C mentality and reliance on specific portrayals that had become a sticking point for a few on the forum there for a while. Othone wasn't horrid, but I don't know that he was ever better than, say, padawan Kenobi. I'd really have to look at that scene again since it's the only one where he really showed any demonstrable ability.

Mizukage Yoda

NewGuy01
Othone was a screw up, and would be handled immediately. Farfalla and Lsu are not amped by BM here. They won't be able to compensate for their inferiorities to Anakin with the Force, and they certainly couldn't outduel Obi and Ani. I see no way for the team to clear this.

Vensai
They fall at 3 and maybe 2 if Ventress and Grievous are really on their game.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Othone was a screw up, and would be handled immediately. Farfalla and Lsu are not amped by BM here
Well, actually in OP I assumed they are in BM state.....still, even then I don't think they clear.

Vensai
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Well, actually in OP I assumed they are in BM state.....still, even then I don't think they clear.
That they don't. Their one showing against Bane under BM amp is hardly superior to the feats shown by characters like Savage, Maul, etc. Othone was noted to actually be detrimental to the jedi during the fight. A good level of tactical maneuvering and decent saber work would be enough to take them down.

As I said before, if Grievous can use his "fear and intimidation" advantage and Ventress can pull off her high showing against the duo, they can stop them there.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Vensai
That they don't. Their one showing against Bane under BM amp is hardly superior to the feats shown by characters like Savage, Maul, etc. Othone was noted to actually be detrimental to the jedi during the fight. A good level of tactical maneuvering and decent saber work would be enough to take them down.

As I said before, if Grievous can use his "fear and intimidation" advantage and Ventress can pull off her high showing against the duo, they can stop them there.
Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.