The Avengers Vs The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Blue Marvel
Quasar
Thor
Silver Surfer

Vs

Supernan
G.L Hal
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Fight takes place on Apokolips..
Dark side has Batman and Capt.America captive and will kill
The losing teams member..

Raisen
Originally posted by Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Blue Marvel
Quasar
Thor
Silver Surfer

Vs

Supernan
G.L Hal
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Fight takes place on Apokolips..
Dark side has Batman and Capt.America captive and will kill
The losing teams member..

So this is all out. In that case Surfer and Thor will use their more exotic powers and almost insta-kill at least two of the opposing team members. Transmute Hal. This will be done. FACT. Godblast Wonder Woman. Done. Only big wildcard is what Manhunter can do to the Marvel team with an all out TP assault. I'm thinking not much before one of team A kills him or interrupts him.

pym-ftw
Thor kills Darkseid, the team thanks him

Diana ends up pregnant

DTM
JLA have Much better teamwork and syngery, so Ill go for them to win here.

JakeTheBank
JLA certainly has better teamwork and tactical skills.

They should win.

abhilegend
JLA.

Mindship
Blue Marvel
Quasar
Thor
Silver Surfer

Vs

Supernan
G.L Hal
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter H'm. Broadly speaking, DC seems to be the superior team with h2h fighting, Marvel with matter/energy manip. Given there is no mention of CIS-off (ie, CIS is on), I am inclined to give this to DC as they seem less hampered by CIS. On the other hand, if CIS were off, then Marvel would take this.

Sh3nG L0nG
Diana's combat reflexes are amazing, I don't think anyone is one-shotting her here. Thor's God blast is arguably the most powerful attack here, but Diana won't just stand there and take it. I am curious as to whether her gauntlets will fully neutralize it or how badly damaged she'd be if she attempted to block it (her most likely defense tactic imo).
I'd also say a blood lusted Diana is a serious threat even if just with her standard gear, her lasso & tiara combo could take out anyone here, Marvel or DC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
JLA certainly has better teamwork and tactical skills.

They should win.

thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Diana's combat reflexes are amazing, I don't think anyone is one-shotting her here. Thor's God blast is arguably the most powerful attack here, but Diana won't just stand there and take it. I am curious as to whether her gauntlets will fully neutralize it or how badly damaged she'd be if she attempted to block it (her most likely defense tactic imo).
I'd also say a blood lusted Diana is a serious threat even if just with her standard gear, her lasso & tiara combo could take out anyone here, Marvel or DC.

I doubt that it would take out the Surfer.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by Stoic
I doubt that it would take out the Surfer.
You think he would over power the Lassos's enchantment, or the fact that the tiara cannot cut through him, or both?

JakeTheBank
Diana, if she gets the chance, can use the lasso to theoretically beat almost anyone with a soul. People with soul based attack resistance feats should be able to defend themselves though. I think Surfer has a couple. I know Thor has a few.

That said, the lasso is extremely powerful.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Diana, if she gets the chance, can use the lasso to theoretically beat almost anyone with a soul. People with soul based attack resistance feats should be able to defend themselves though. I think Surfer has a couple. I know Thor has a few.

That said, the lasso is extremely powerful.
Fair enough. The next question would be whether the attacks resisted by Thor & Surfer were as incapacitating as the Lasso's? who was the source of the attacks?
This is how I see it (correct me if I'm wrong): although Thor himself is a high herald, mjolnir itself is a higher tier because of the source which is why it's more powerful attacks are beyond what heralds are physically able to output. I view the lasso in the same regard.
As for her Tiara, I see a blood lusted Diana using that tiara to cut body parts in close quarter combat. It's just a matter of her opponents ability to effectively counter such devastating attacks. (I give Thor the best chance against her in close combat) Let's face it, if she wants to get in your face and make it a brawl, she'll get in your face, she has the power set to do so.

JakeTheBank
Thor's resisted attacks on a spiritual level from Mephisto a couple of times and Surfer has as well. More recently, he (Thor) resisted an attack from Glory, a being composed of many many gods. On the whole, I'd say the lasso would be troublesome for Thor and he wouldn't be able to resist the whole truth aspect, but as far as soul domination goes (which Diana doesn't use in character), Thor has more than a fair shot of resisting it.

As far as using the tiara goes, she could certainly do a number on people if she targets tendons and the like.

Supermex
Wonder Woman goes down first..
Thor Clocks her with hammer..

Sh3nG L0nG
Wonder Woman goes down first..
Thor Clocks her with hammer..
No, He's not one shotting her.

Q99
Did people forget the bracer's aegis effect? Forms a forcefield that blocks attacks coming from one side, has not been beaten ever?

Thor could do his best godblast and it can be blocked with no damage, literally any other target is better than WW.

Odekahn
Jla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.