Superman and Silver Surfer vs Thor and Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which duo wins?

operator616
team 1 wins, SS might be able to solo, Loki is the weak link here.

team 1

Cogito
Originally posted by operator616

Drugs.

Pass them.

janus77
Team 1 wins with ease.

Rage.Of.Olympus
team 1 wins, SS might be able to solo, Loki is the weak link here. Originally posted by janus77
Team 1 wins with ease.

I was going to appeal to your intelligence but it's a waste of time. One's a sock probably, and the others even worse, a Surfer fan.

Thor stomps Surfer like he has in the past while Loki takes on Clark then Superman gets beat up and his lunch money is stolen.

Team 2 ftw.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor stomps Surfer like he has in the past while Loki takes on Clark then Superman gets beat up and his lunch money is stolen.

laughing thumb up

armedforbattle
Since when? Loki is a high herald through and through.

but hes still weaker the other 3

operator616
I was going to appeal to your intelligence but it's a waste of time. One's a sock probably, and the others even worse, a Surfer fan.

Team 2 ftw.

you come up with this post and call me a surfer fan?

thor stomping SS and loki being able to defeat superman is laughable.

operator616
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Since when? Loki is a high herald through and through.

high herald? not to my knowledge, provide feats.

armedforbattle
high herald? not to my knowledge, provide feats.
Uhhh how about fighting Thor (the gold standard for marvel heralds) all the time

-Pr-
Loki isn't the weak link here.

who is the weakes in the field then ?

curryman
Originally posted by 753
who is the weakes in the field then ?

No one in particular imo, it's an even battle.

-Pr-
Superman or Surfer. They're not weak, just weaker.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman or Surfer. They're not weak, just weaker. SM or SS are comparatively less powerful than loki?

DARTH POWER
I don't think there is a weak link here tbh.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by curryman
No one in particular imo, it's an even battle.
thumb up I concur big grin

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
SM or SS are comparatively less powerful than loki?

I just think that if there was ever gonna be a weak link, it would be more likely to be one of those than someone like Loki.

operator616
Uhhh how about fighting Thor (the gold standard for marvel heralds) all the time

when? and what happened?

curryman
when? and what happened?

You know, in all those Thor comics they've been putting out the last 50 years or so now.

armedforbattle
when? and what happened?
You know, in all those Thor comics they've been putting out the last 50 years or so now.
Yeah, Loki is kind of Thor's archenemy.

operator616

i know, but has loki ever beaten thor in a straight up fight?

to my knowledge loki isn't thor's equal, he's very good with prep though.

curryman

It varies.

In some he's Thor's equal + magic and in some he's been beaten by Thor without Mjolnir. He's got good showings against Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Dr.Strange and Firelord.

armedforbattle

You gotta remember Loki is usually portrayed as the villain so he typically loses.

Rage.Of.Olympus
you come up with this post and call me a surfer fan?

thor stomping SS and loki being able to defeat superman is laughable.

Just fighting fire with fire.

Thor stomping Silver Surfer at least has actually happened in comics.

Are you serious? Loki is a horrible match up for Superman. I'm honestly curious how Superman would take the majority. Loki isn't just a ridiculous powerful sorcerer, but someone who's just overall incredibly powerful (He's EP is up there with High Heralds) and through a combination of amping/shape-shifting is a legit Class 100 in terms of physical stats (A peer to Thor under some writers).

Against this type of opponent Superman usually finds away through their magic (Help, aid, plot device, sheer toughness etc.) and flicks them in the head ftw. That won't happen against Loki, not to mention even hitting him can be problematic in itself.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Loki has gotten the better of Thor in combat before.

I honestly could see Loki beating Thor without the emotional hang-ups.

Starscream M
rage, you're right that loki's magic will be useful against superman

but no one here thought outside the box

I created this matchup for the potential synergies

Surfer can very likely amp Superman with solar radiation and basically create a sundipped Superman

Loki can use spells to make the battlefield trickier for his foes

guys, think creatively!

Tornatic
No one in particular imo, it's an even battle. Lol not an even battle Loki is the weak link here. He's a respectable villian but he's outclassed here. Thor would be fighting on his own after Superman or SS easily dispatches Loki

Classic NES
Team 1 with ease.

Raisen
Team 1.

Quit trolling

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tornatic
Lol not an even battle Loki is the weak link here. He's a respectable villian but he's outclassed here. Thor would be fighting on his own after Superman or SS easily dispatches Loki

Nah, Thor one shots Surfer and Thor/Loki beat up Superman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
rage, you're right that loki's magic will be useful against superman

but no one here thought outside the box

I created this matchup for the potential synergies

Surfer can very likely amp Superman with solar radiation and basically create a sundipped Superman

Loki can use spells to make the battlefield trickier for his foes

guys, think creatively!

facepalm

xJLxKing
Team 1.

Tornatic
Nah, Thor one shots Surfer and Thor/Loki beat up Superman. Lol doubt it would happen like that. Thor not gonna one shot surfer and Loki would be vaporized by Supes.

abhilegend

Team 2 ftw.
Or superman stomps thor and surfer beats loki. Both happened in actual comics.

abhilegend
Just fighting fire with fire.

Thor stomping Silver Surfer at least has actually happened in comics.

Are you serious? Loki is a horrible match up for Superman. I'm honestly curious how Superman would take the majority. Loki isn't just a ridiculous powerful sorcerer, but someone who's just overall incredibly powerful (He's EP is up there with High Heralds) and through a combination of amping/shape-shifting is a legit Class 100 in terms of physical stats (A peer to Thor under some writers).

Against this type of opponent Superman usually finds away through their magic (Help, aid, plot device, sheer toughness etc.) and flicks them in the head ftw. That won't happen against Loki, not to mention even hitting him can be problematic in itself.
CBR Loki? Can we use CBR superman too? Superman wades through anything loki conjures like he did to Disciple and oneshots him.

Dolos
Are you serious? Loki is a horrible match up for Superman. I'm honestly curious how Superman would take the majority.

ygQvB6OjHOU

In all seriousness Superman would easily out-smart him. Superman's no Thor in the brains department.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Dolos
ygQvB6OjHOU

In all seriousness Superman would easily out-smart him. Superman's no Thor in the brains department.

Superman would easily outsmart Loki? How so?

Originally posted by abhilegend
CBR Loki? Can we use CBR superman too? Superman wades through anything loki conjures like he did to Disciple and oneshots him.

I'm hardly using CBR Loki. I didn't say he'd turn Superman into a fly and pull off his wings.

JakeTheBank
Couple things here:

-The odds of Surfer buffing Superman with the Power Cosmic via cosmic awareness are as likely as him using cosmic awareness to debuff Superman if he were to fight him. It's not his M.O. as a rule and Surfer hardly every displays the kind of feats on a regular basis to argue him doing that in character. To that end, it's more likely Loki amps Thor (as he's done so in the past) than Surfer would amp Superman.

-Loki is, at worse case scenario, a Mid Herald who's more than capable of giving Thor a fight. When things get strictly physical, Thor holds a significant edge, obviously, but Loki isn't some weak feeb who can be easily one shot or anything under most portrayals. Thor also has the benefit of having a borderline plot device weapon designed to counter most of Loki's mystic assaults. Loki would definitely be a troublesome foe for either Surfer or Superman and anyone who disagree is either not all that informed on Loki (which happens from time to time) or trolling.

All that said, I'm undecided.

Dolos
I think stooping to prep and Superman's > Lex Luthor intellect is a little unnecessary for Loki's power-levels. Superman would smash Loki's face in less than second, leaving little time for Asgardian Magic, which is nothing compared to Doctor Strange's capabilities.

SS can take down Thor, are you kidding? The Silver Surfer has matter and energy manipulation, he is on par with Captain Atom. Thor is screwed. Superman could also kill Thor with a bulldog rush of an IMP when he removes his psionic blocks and cuts loose utilizing his full infinite strength and cognitive functions ergo Theta Warrior.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think stooping to prep and Superman's > Lex Luthor intellect is a little unnecessary for Loki's power-levels. Superman would smash Loki's face in less than second, leaving little time for Asgardian Magic, which is nothing compared to Doctor Strange's capabilities.

SS can take down Thor, are you kidding? The Silver Surfer has matter and energy manipulation, he is on par with Captain Atom. Thor is screwed. Superman could also kill Thor with a bulldog rush of an IMP when he removes his psionic blocks and cuts loose utilizing his full infinite strength and cognitive functions ergo Theta Warrior.

Not sure if trolling or serious.

Dolos
Not sure if trolling or serious.

I just know more about Superman than most ever will.

You really downplay the overpowered bloke, whether you realize it or not.

JakeTheBank

...what?

Superman isn't dismantling Loki in less than seconds. And yes, Loki's power is certainly comparable to Doctor Strange's, who's probably one of the single most misrepresented characters on the forum (some people still think he's Trans-Tier, which is ridiculous).

And how is Thor "screwed" against Surfer...especially when comics show us that their either deadlocked against one another or Thor is superior to him? Unless you're going to throw out every instance of Thor matching or exceeding Surfer in comics in favor for what you think Surfer should do. And Thor could kill either Superman or Surfer with a Godblast that cripples SKyfathers and then some if we're just throwing out stuff that sounds cool albeit not plausible.

JakeTheBank

It's not so much downplaying Superman as you're horrifically downplaying Thor/Loki here.

Dolos
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
...what?

Superman isn't dismantling Loki in less than seconds. And yes, Loki's power is certainly comparable to Doctor Strange's, who's probably one of the single most misrepresented characters on the forum (some people still think he's Trans-Tier, which is ridiculous).

And how is Thor "screwed" against Surfer...especially when comics show us that their either deadlocked against one another or Thor is superior to him? Unless you're going to throw out every instance of Thor matching or exceeding Surfer in comics in favor for what you think Surfer should do. And Thor could kill either Superman or Surfer with a Godblast that cripples SKyfathers and then some if we're just throwing out stuff that sounds cool albeit not plausible.

Superman would absorb the Godblast quite a bit more easily than he did the Mageddon Warhead.

You don't understand the character here, he's unmatched feat to feat. He pulls abilities out of no where. He's understood as the smartest being on earth. He's a paradoxical feat machine.

Dolos
It's not so much downplaying Superman as you're horrifically downplaying Thor/Loki here.

Loki is not on the physical level of Thor, not even his more extravagant shapes could deal with Thor, Superman is a much greater physical threat than Thor, his powers have no limits. It's his power level.

Like Superman, the Silver Surfer jobs a lot. You're mistaking docility for an inability to win. In fact, having a "hold back" propensity indicates a greater power level, if they usually win holding back, and need to hold back so as not to mess everything up, ergo Doctor Manhattan and his earth destroying free-will. He is still generally depicted as the strongest high herald in the mythos, as it should be with his powerset...even more so than Superman, at his current distance from the sun that is.

JakeTheBank
Superman would absorb the Godblast quite a bit more easily than he did the Mageddon Warhead.

You don't understand the character here, he's unmatched feat to feat. He pulls abilities out of no where. He's understood as the smartest being on earth. He's a paradoxical feat machine.

no expression

Yeah, that's a new one. Superman...absorbing the Godblast. Wow.

I actually understand Superman quite well, both in terms of his abilities, character, etc. And Superman doesn't nearly display anything CLOSE on a regular basis to suggest he'd actually absorb something like the Godblast, especially when he is, on a fairly regularly basis, taken for a loop, hurt, or even drastically injured by attacks far less overall powerful than Thor's ultimate attack, which happens to be mystical in origin.

I mean, seriously, man? erm

Sin I AM
...what?
And yes, Loki's power is certainly comparable to Doctor Strange's, who's probably one of the single most misrepresented characters on the forum (some people still think he's Trans-Tier, which is ridiculous).

he is trans tier.....with prep

Rage.Of.Olympus
Jake, don't respond and waste your time. Just nod your head and agree. Sooner or later he'll have to pick up a few Thor trades. I recommend Walter Simonson's run, its an excellent piece of literature. And I was always partial to Oeming's and Lee's run as well.

armedforbattle

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf6r0v46oM1qbvihuo1_500.gif
Did you just claim superman could tank a Godblast. Lol gtfo

Dolos
no expression

Yeah, that's a new one. Superman...absorbing the Godblast. Wow.

I actually understand Superman quite well, both in terms of his abilities, character, etc. And Superman doesn't nearly display anything CLOSE on a regular basis to suggest he'd actually absorb something like the Godblast, especially when he is, on a fairly regularly basis, taken for a loop, hurt, or even drastically injured by attacks far less overall powerful than Thor's ultimate attack, which happens to be mystical in origin.

I mean, seriously, man? erm

He absorbs energy, dems common knowledge.

The Mageddon warhead>the Godblast.

Dolos
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf6r0v46oM1qbvihuo1_500.gif
Did you just claim superman could tank a Godblast. Lol gtfo

So you're just going erase mageddon from your mind?

What about the other feats where Superman just absorbs energy?

Mageddon is mystical in origin as well.

-Pr-
Superman can't absorb the godblast. Let's not be silly.

JakeTheBank
Loki is not on the physical level of Thor, not even his more extravagant shapes could deal with Thor, Superman is a much greater physical threat than Thor, his powers have no limits. It's his power level.

Like Superman, the Silver Surfer jobs a lot. You're mistaking docility for an inability to win. In fact, having a "hold back" propensity indicates a greater power level, if they usually win holding back, and need to hold back so as not to mess everything up, ergo Doctor Manhattan and his earth destroying free-will. He is still generally depicted as the strongest high herald in the mythos, as it should be with his powerset...even more so than Superman, at his current distance from the sun that is.

He's physically on a level where Thor can't end him in moments. Neither can the Destroyer Armor with its blows. That's enough to warrent him lasting more than seconds against Superman to say the least. And Superman has limits. facepalm We see them fairly often.

Superman and Surfer job a lot? Okay...and Thor doesn't? And no, Surfer isn't depicted as the strongest high herald in the mythos. It's actually quite competitive between him and Thor, and Thor has a winning record against Surfer. Just because Surfer didn't use his entire powerset against Thor doesn't mean it "doesn't count". And for the record, neither did Thor use his full powerset against Surfer, which includes a borderline plot device weapon which more or less counters almost anything Norrin can throw.

Honest question, but do you read a lot of Thor or no?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he is trans tier.....with prep

So is Thor and Loki and plenty of other people.

Dolos
Superman can't absorb the godblast. Let's not be silly.

It's not fricken silly.

lol

Pr quit trying to contain Superman's powers, that's what his weaknesses are for. That's why he has the most weaknesses in the mythos.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I've seen pretty much every relevant Superman feat there is.

You aren't just overrating him but underrating Team 2. Surfer wrecking Thor because he has energy/matter manipulation powers? Superman wrecking Loki who doesn't have anywhere near Strange's level of magic?

Just sheer ignorance.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He absorbs energy, dems common knowledge.

The Mageddon warhead>the Godblast.

The God Blast was able to destroy Exitar's brain dome (While reinforced with the belt of strength). The dome is harder than Exitar's armor. Celestial Armor withstood the combined onslaught of three Skyfathers unharmed. One of which who is Odin who has demonstrated Multiversal level of power.

Ergo, the God Blast is far superior to power that can unleash Universal havoc and even pose a danger to the Multiverse.

The God Blast would one shot kill Maggedon and all of Wonderworld who were at best Universal.

Fanboy logic (Or illogic) is fun.

Sin I AM
So is Thor and Loki and plenty of other people.

imjussayin sugah

Dolos
Fanboy logic (Or illogic) is fun.

Sure is.

That's why Odin has displayed multiversal erasing powers.

Just to be clear here, Galactus 100%>/=Celestials>>Skyfathers.

Which goes back to why SS>Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure is.

That's why Odin has displayed multiversal erasing powers.

Just to be clear here, Galactus 100%>/=Celestials>>Skyfathers.

Which goes back to why SS>Thor.

It was the only logical conclusion.

Thor's God Blast would one shot kill Superman so hard, every other version of Superman would spontaneously explode.

laughing out loud

Even if Galactus is trillions of times more powerful than every God in the Marvel Multiverse put together x 30, how is that relevant to how Surfer vs. Thor goes? We've seen them fight multiple times, we now how they stack up.

I love the irony of it all. B*tching about how people ignore Superman's feats then literally doing the exact same for Thor and trying to come with your own fantasy conclusions. Go back to CBR noob.

Damborgson
This could go either way.

But the way I see it, Thor will beat Surfer for a majority. He's got his number and more often than not, Thor will win. But Thor's going to be injured by the end of his fight.

Loki's more than capable of going toe to toe with Superman. Superman's magic weakness might be exaggerated now and then, but it is there and Loki has the means to exploit him.

So Thor beats Surfer Loki holds on for Thor to help double team Superman and the brothers win a competitive fight.

xJLxKing
Team 1. Superman can stalemate Thor long enough for Loki to lose to SS.

Dolos
Surfer just doesn't go hard, ever. Superman rarely goes all-out. All-out is common place for the likes of Thor, Hulk, Juggernaut, etc.

Vs debates are a lot different than match-ups. In versus debates you have to consider feats and common recognition, not half-assed bouts with other heroes who are themselves holding back.

If I were Surfer and I fought Thor, I'd let the dull man have his "win", thinking he'd put up a good fight. Kinda like with Ozymandias and Comedian in before Watchman.

Dolos
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team 1. Superman can stalemate Thor long enough for Loki to lose to SS.

Superman can beat Thor.

Damborgson
Surfer has used more versatility against Thor than vice versa. Considering they they're the most versatile heroes in Marvel, it's safe to say that they've both "held back". Regardless, Thor's got his number.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer just doesn't go hard, ever. Superman rarely goes all-out. All-out is common place for the likes of Thor, Hulk, Juggernaut, etc.

Vs debates are a lot different than match-ups. In versus debates you have to consider feats and common recognition, not half-assed bouts with other heroes who are themselves holding back.

If I were Surfer and I fought Thor, I'd let the dull man have his "win", thinking he'd put up a good fight. Kinda like with Ozymandias and Comedian in before Watchman.

Lol, keep reading your fan-fiction. Thor's fought an all-out Surfer, a powered up Surfer etc. He's at least as powerful as him with greater high end energy projection, almost as versatile and physically stronger with superior damage soak.

Thor at least takes 5/10, and most likely edges him out for a 6/10 (Mjolnir is a great counter for the Power Cosmic).

Again more ignorance. All-Out isn't common place for Thor or Hulk. I can't be as specific with the Jade Giant but I can tell you that Thor's tendency to hold back is a reoccurring and relevant theme in his books.

Edit: Read Greg Pak's Hulk run. He takes holding back to an entirely new level. World Breaker Smash.

Dolos
Originally posted by Damborgson
Surfer has used more versatility against Thor than vice versa.

Versatility is SS's middle name, more so than Doctor Strange even. Thor's arsenal isn't much compared to SS, Thor may have been using 50% of his max power set, SS'd be using a much smaller percentage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman can beat Thor.

Nope.

Thor will God Blast Superman and in trying to absorb it like a moron, Superman gets wiped out of existence. The only time Clark will ever be more overloaded is when he bends over for Bruce in the bat-cave.

Damborgson
Thor's arsenal isn't much compared to SS, Thor may have been using 50% of his max power set, SS'd be using a much smaller percentage.

Surfer is more versatile, but Thor is right up there with him. I'll dispute that any day.

Nope.

Thor will God Blast Superman and in trying to absorb it like a moron, Superman gets wiped out of existence. The only time Clark will ever be more overloaded is when he bends over for Bruce in the bat-cave.

Seems legit.

Dolos
Nope.

Superman will go sun-dip, and in the time it takes to charge the blast, any hope of Thor's blast being able to match Superman's speed if he decides to dodge is lost, in the event that the godblast is universal (how come it never destroyed the universe collateral?) Superman'd still absorb it...as mageddon was half-universal.

xJLxKing
Superman can beat Thor. Beat him or not, it doesn't change the fact that the fight wont end faster than that of SS vs Loki.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman will go sun-dip, and in the time it takes to charge the blast, any hope of Thor's blast being able to match Superman's speed if he decides to dodge is lost, in the event that the godblast is universal (how come it never destroyed the universe or even the solar system as collateral?) Superman'd still absorb it.

Typical Superman cowardice. But it's fine, he can go for a power-up and acquire a huge durability boost.

I'll even say that Sun Dip Superman can be hit with a Big Bang and it'd just make his nipples Super-hard. God Blast still erases him from existence.

He'd get erased so hard Surfer would grow a penis out of a shock.

Tar-Antado
Team 1 hard.

Starscream M
The God Blast was able to destroy Exitar's brain dome (While reinforced with the belt of strength). The dome is harder than Exitar's armor. Celestial Armor withstood the combined onslaught of three Skyfathers unharmed. One of which who is Odin who has demonstrated Multiversal level of power.

Ergo, the God Blast is far superior to power that can unleash Universal havoc and even pose a danger to the Multiverse.

The God Blast would one shot kill Maggedon and all of Wonderworld who were at best Universal.

Fanboy logic (Or illogic) is fun. godblast is not viable

if thor decides to use godblast, he loses

godblast requires a charge up...and is a foolish tactic against two speedsters

xJLxKing
Can't Superman just use the same technique he did against Darkseid in the final issue of FC? laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Team 1 hard.

It's true, Team 1 does like it hard, but that's not really relevant to this fight.

--------------

Anyways, I just realized I never really gave my opinion on who wins. I think this can go either way, it really depends on how they match-up. Superman/Loki and Thor/Surfer favors Team 2 more than Team 1 for example imo.

If I were to give Loki/Thor any edge, it'd mainly be because of better teamwork. They hate each other but they have fought side by side on many occasions, know what the other is capable of and how to work together. In a fight so close, that can be a difference maker.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Can't Superman just use the same technique he did against Darkseid in the final issue of FC? laughing out loud

He should definitely try but Thor's manly muscles are to tough for Superman's girly voice.

Thor then proceeds to hit Superman with Multiversal level lightning. He's never been about that auto-tune shit.

abhilegend
He should definitely try but Thor's manly muscles are to tough for Superman's girly voice.

Thor then proceeds to hit Superman with Multiversal level lightning. He's never been about that auto-tune shit.
Yeah, no.

Superman erases both Thor and Loki from existence.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, no.

Superman erases both Thor and Loki from existence.

Nah, sorry bro.

Thor's not a pussy like Darkseid, he listens to heavy metal all the time. Besides, Darkseid was dying, then shot with Radion, in energy form etc. and a lot of other asterisks.

Hmm, maybe I should post this in the myth buster thread.

the Darkone
Typical Superman cowardice. But it's fine, he can go for a power-up and acquire a huge durability boost.

I'll even say that Sun Dip Superman can be hit with a Big Bang and it'd just make his nipples Super-hard. God Blast still erases him from existence.

He'd get erased so hard Surfer would grow a penis out of a shock.

hysterical

abhilegend
Nah, sorry bro.

Thor's not a pussy like Darkseid, he listens to heavy metal all the time. Besides, Darkseid was dying, then shot with Radion, in energy form etc. and a lot of other asterisks.

Hmm, maybe I should post this in the myth buster thread.
He was still big enough to drag the entire multiverse with him even with his energy form. I don't know what's him dying has to do with a complete eraser from the reality which superman did.

Go on. I want a laugh.

the Darkone
It's true, Team 1 does like it hard, but that's not really relevant to this fight.

--------------

Anyways, I just realized I never really gave my opinion on who wins. I think this can go either way, it really depends on how they match-up. Superman/Loki and Thor/Surfer favors Team 2 more than Team 1 for example imo.

If I were to give Loki/Thor any edge, it'd mainly be because of better teamwork. They hate each other but they have fought side by side on many occasions, know what the other is capable of and how to work together. In a fight so close, that can be a difference maker.

And Loki has the ability to amp both himself and Thor, I mean leaning towards Team 2 for the simple Loki, if not messing around would be highly deadly towards team 1, prime example look what he did to a ancient Asgardian Bor, I would be far more afraid of Thor/Loki than Superman/Silver Surfer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was still big enough to drag the entire multiverse with him even with his energy form. I don't know what's him dying has to do with a complete eraser from the reality which superman did.

Go on. I want a laugh.

Yes, Superman managed to erase a dying Darksied from his battle with Orion, who was then shot with the New God Kryptonite, taken by the Black Racer and also contained/chained by Wonder Woman.

Sure, Superman killed him, but then again, so could a thunderclap, who knows. smile

abhilegend
Yes, Superman managed to erase a dying Darksied from his battle with Orion, who was then shot with the New God Kryptonite, taken by the Black Racer and also contained/chained by Wonder Woman.

Sure, Superman killed him, but then again, so could a thunderclap, who knows. smile
He didn't fight Orion. The rest is irrelevant tbh. Superman didn't kill him, he erased a multiversal being from existence. Thor was what startling a multiversal entity and thorbags were having an orgasm. Puny fans of a puny god.

I like how you said thunderclap and not some faggoty thor term. Your conversion in gamma nation is complete.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
He didn't fight Orion. The rest is irrelevant tbh. Superman didn't kill him, he erased a multiversal being from existence. Thor was what startling a multiversal entity and thorbags were having an orgasm. Puny fans of a puny god.

I like how you said thunderclap and not some faggoty thor term. Your conversion in gamma nation is complete.

thumb up

Wait what? I thought Darkseid was dying from his battle in heaven with Orion, a reflection of which we saw when Orion ripped out his heart. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Superman killed a shade of a shadow that was the great Darkseid. Thor would accomplish that by with a love-tap.

It would have been overkill is all.

abhilegend
Wait what? I thought Darkseid was dying from his battle in heaven with Orion, a reflection of which we saw when Orion ripped out his heart. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Superman killed a shade of a shadow that was the great Darkseid. Thor would accomplish that by with a love-tap.

It would have been overkill is all.
He won that war but was wounded. There was no indication that he was dying by that war. He was cast back in time by that blow and ended up in Boss Dark Side's body.

Keep on dreaming gamma-turnover.

JakeTheBank
Christ.

I left the house to go have some beers with a friend, hoping to return to some semblance of sanity, but nope.

And Godblast doesn't take "too long" to charge, either. He's done it in the span of panels, and by all rights, seconds. Now, that could seem like an eternity for someone like Superman depending on how much faith you want to put into his superspeed/time dilution side effects there of and whether or not he'll brutally exploit his speed at forum Flash-like levels or what not, but really, that myth needs to be killed that Thor needs a long time to charge the Godblast.

And I don't even really want to begin to comprehend how someone could legitimately think that Superman would absorb the Godblast or Surfer's Power Cosmic nets him an overwhelming majority versus Thor.

I could really give a shit who people think will win, but c'mon.

-Pr-
Rage and Abhi, get a room.

Everyone else, back on topic please.

abhilegend
Rage and Abhi, get a room.

Everyone else, back on topic please.
We're not you and bada.
uhuh

psycho gundam
thor wouldn't use the godblast on superman anyway.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor wouldn't use the godblast on superman anyway.

thumb up

iscaremonkeys
Superman or Surfer. They're not weak, just weaker.
OH PLEASE! surfer could solo this.

JakeTheBank
No, he can't.

iscaremonkeys
No, he can't. yus he can. Hes like 5 times faster than loki. and has the best cosmic powers next to thanos and the beyonder

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
yus he can. Hes like 5 times faster than loki. and has the best cosmic powers next to thanos and the beyonder

Guy has his hands full with Thor alone, let alone an elite sorcerer like Loki. Being able to fly fast doesn't mean much as Loki can phase, teleport, weave illusions, make dozens of clones of himself, and certainly is powerful enough to hurt Surfer.

And no, he doesn't have the best cosmic powers next to Thanos and Beyonder, both of which are extremely far apart from another in terms of power to begin with.

iscaremonkeys
surfer turns them both into JELL-O

JakeTheBank
So no real counter to what's happened in comics? Cool. thumb up

iscaremonkeys
NOPE!
but on a serious not Superman kicks the crap out of loki then surfer beats thor. I really think supes could solo....funny seeing how i hate supes

JakeTheBank
Neither Superman nor Surfer can solo.

iscaremonkeys
Neither Superman nor Surfer can solo. show me loki durability feats and ill believe you

JakeTheBank
Check his respect thread.

Guy's tangled with Thor numerous times to display a level of durability to suggest that he can't be easily dispatched by high herald power. He's even remained conscious after being attacked by the Destroyer Armor and Surtur. When Loki is actually put in a combat situation, he's very formidable. And that's just his physical attributes, not his shape shifting, intangibility, invisibility, etc thrown in.

Neither Superman or Surfer could easily beat Loki, let alone solo him and Thor.

Dolos
Superman could almost solo if it weren't for magic, which Superman does have a high tolerance for.

Silent Master
Superman could almost solo if it weren't for magic, which Superman does have a high tolerance for.

Superman isn't soloing.

Rage.Of.Olympus

And sometimes magic renders him more useless than Starscream in bed.

No, Superman is not soloing. Not even close. Against these two, he'd lose 10/10.

-Pr-
Nobody could solo this match.

Sundipped
yus he can. Hes like 5 times faster than loki. and has the best cosmic powers next to thanos and the beyonder

And there you have it.
What you Thor fans got to say about that? laughing out loud

carver9

I just don't get it. I really don't.

leonidas
meh, i tend to see loki as at least a full level below these 3 as well as do some others. he's def the weak link here in terms of power imo. problem is, that link is countered by superman's questionable history regarding magic, so while i think he's the weakest here, he may still hold an edge on clark. i do think superman could and would be able to beat loki (to me loki has always been very underwhelming regarding his feats), but in this battle it seems to me that it would be thor/supes and ss/loki who would square off. supes/thor is a toss up, but i think ss would beat loki more quickly than a winner would be decided in the other fight. to me that means it would be ss and supes vs thor more often than not (loki COULD beat ss, i just don't see that happening very often) and thor isn't beating that double team. i'd take team 1 for a healthy majority.

Rao Kal El
Nobody could solo this match.

According to some in the gamma nation and some new converts from the troubled Thor ranks, Hulk could solo any of this two with the 'ol one-two or just melt them into the dark dimension. laughing out loud

I know is out of place but I had to say it.....

Ok, I'm leaving now.

JakeTheBank
The problem with Loki is that he generally doesn't fight because he's busy trolling behind the scenes. When he does fight, however, he's capable of giving Thor hell and even being a nuisance to beings such as Surtur. Imo, that's usually why people think Loki is weak or unimpressive.

Damborgson
Loki's Thor's physical inferior, so I think when someone things about Loki they think "weak up close, hocus pocus magic, glass jaw" etc.

Truth is Loki's pretty strong, skilled (He went ape shit on the Disir and only got some mild scratches in return), his magic can essentially make him untouchable, very powerful offensive magic, etc.

He's a beast.

curryman
I wouldn't favor Surfer against Loki, not by a long shot if I'm being honest smile

We've seen his extraordinary ability to recover from injuries that have not been inflicted by Mjolnir. That would cause problems. His telepathy is enough to make Strange cry. His illusions are so strong they work on skyfathers, his energy blasts the same. His ability to amplify is almost unequaled and he's also proven that he can heal Thor no problem.

He's also proven that all his powers work just fine while he's intangible/invisible, and that he creates actual clones when fighting.

Branlor Swift
I wouldn't favor Surfer against Loki, not by a long shot if I'm being honest smile

We've seen his extraordinary ability to recover from injuries that have not been inflicted by Mjolnir. That would cause problems. His telepathy is enough to make Strange cry. His illusions are so strong they work on skyfathers, his energy blasts the same. His ability to amplify is almost unequaled and he's also proven that he can heal Thor no problem.

He's also proven that all his powers work just fine while he's intangible/invisible, and that he creates actual clones when fighting. And his ability so great he's lost to a weaker Surfer

JakeTheBank
The truth is that Loki in a combat setting is pretty formidable. Unlike most spellcaster/mage types, Loki's actually possessed of superhuman durability and strength by default without using spells to augment him or make shields or whatever.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Cogito
Drugs.

Pass them. laughing

Winner! Retort of the Day!

The problem with Loki is that he generally doesn't fight because he's busy trolling behind the scenes. When he does fight, however, he's capable of giving Thor hell and even being a nuisance to beings such as Surtur. Imo, that's usually why people think Loki is weak or unimpressive.
it's like people have no idea what he is
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/104794/2106774-letter_38.jpeg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/104794/2106775-letter_39.jpeg

curryman
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
And his ability so great he's lost to a weaker Surfer

the first incident where he gave Surfer power to challenge Thor?

Horrificus
NOPE!
but on a serious not Superman kicks the crap out of loki then surfer beats thor. I really think supes could solo....funny seeing how i hate supes no expression
FYI. There are comic books with Thor and Loki in them. People read the books and can learn about the characters.
It is enjoyable.

pym-ftw
Team 2 imho

Synergy and teamwork ftw

Rage.Of.Olympus
This Loki lowballing is ridiculous. ODG has an awesome thread on him, there is no excuse for this ignorance.

Branlor Swift
the first incident where he gave Surfer power to challenge Thor? The one where he lost to Surfer? Yes.

curryman
The one where he lost to Surfer? Yes.

I hate you mad

pym-ftw
big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
And his ability so great he's lost to a weaker Surfer

What? That's a lie. He called it quits but he never even intended to beat Surfer, but to test him:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Fights/LokivsSilverSurfer04.jpg

Fyi, later on he easily with a wave of his hand gets him past Galactus' barrier (Something Surfer could not accomplish in that state) commenting that he has the power of a God or something:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiMagicPower06.jpg

And when he amped up Surfer, it was pointed out that Surfer had never felt so much power or whatever.

Another comparison that is never brought up is that Loki empowered Durok. That was a real high point for Loki because it was revealed the Odin Ring didn't infact power him up, so everything he was doing was under his own power. Including beating up Thor like he did. The expenditure was killing him over the long run though.

Sin I AM
What? That's a lie. He called it quits but he never even intended to beat Surfer, but to test him:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Fights/LokivsSilverSurfer04.jpg

Fyi, later on he easily with a wave of his hand gets him past Galactus' barrier (Something Surfer could not accomplish in that state) commenting that he has the power of a God or something:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiMagicPower06.jpg

And when he amped up Surfer, it was pointed out that Surfer had never felt so much power or whatever.

Another comparison that is never brought up is that Loki empowered Durok. That was a real high point for Loki because it was revealed the Odin Ring didn't infact power him up, so everything he was doing was under his own power. Including beating up Thor like he did. The expenditure was killing him over the long run though.

do you think that without plot or character induced nonsense that Loki can beat Norrin for the majority in a forum setting?

Dolos
You'd have the Avengers to thank for the Loki downplay.

I like the character Loki from Vikings, named after the Norse God of Deception, but not comic book and especially not film Loki.

I'd rather stick to characters like Palpatine as my deceptive idols in fictions.

Loki got trashed in the Avengers.

curryman
Who gives a flying f what happened in that garbage movie? smile

And Vikings is great, I've yet to watch the latest episode!

do you think that without plot or character induced nonsense that Loki can beat Norrin for the majority in a forum setting?

I think Loki would do better here than in a comicbook.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Maybe. Surfer definitely has a better shot than Superman imo.

Damborgson

I like the character Loki from Vikings, named after the Norse God of Deception, but not comic book and especially not film Loki.

I'd rather stick to characters like Palpatine as my deceptive idols in fictions.

thumb up

He had a deep(ish) story behind him. Real resentment, ruthlessness, a sinister nature, etc.

All of which gets thrown away to get a laugh out of people who think it would be funny for a green idiot in purple pants to crap all over it.

JakeTheBank

So we're using the movies as evidence?

What's wrong with Marvel's Loki from either the movies or the comics? Tom Hiddleston did a great job as the character in the movie and Loki's one of the best villains (in terms of ability and character/backstory) in the books.

Loki got beat by Thor and Hulk, two of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Before then, he basically trolled the shit out of the team and was going to raze New York to the ground.

Dolos
Who gives a flying f what happened in that garbage movie? smile

And Vikings is great, I've yet to watch the latest episode!

It's good.

Loki is my favorite character, I favor his fighting style from the previous episode, his slyness over Ragnar's dexterity and Rolos' brute physicality.

pym-ftw
You don't like Hiddleston?

I don't trust this Dolos guy

curryman
It's good.

Loki is my favorite character, I favor his fighting style from the previous episode, his slyness over Ragnar's dexterity and Rolos' brute physicality.

No doubt.

For a second there I thought he was actually going to throw down with Rolos.

Dolos
Rollo has the strength to trash his brother and even more extremely Loki in a straight fight though.

I think he lacks the temperament to actually win, however. Especially against his brother. Loki might throw him off with some taunts.

Sin I AM
Maybe. Surfer definitely has a better shot than Superman imo.

just curious as too your opinion, people troll you and others because of your apparent fanboyism but ive never seen a biased post. good observation though people dont get loki

Branlor Swift

Another comparison that is never brought up is that Loki empowered Durok. That was a real high point for Loki because it was revealed the Odin Ring didn't infact power him up, so everything he was doing was under his own power. Including beating up Thor like he did. The expenditure was killing him over the long run though. So what you're saying is that as soon as Surfer started overpowering Loki, he quit?

So if Surfer was actually weaker than Loki like he wasn't, Loki wouldn't have actually beaten him anyway because his intention was never to beat Surfer?

Or Loki got overpowered and he figured Surfer could beat Thor because of it instead of all this "test" bullshit.

Well no shit he felt more powerful. He's being amped. no expression

The Barrier is irrelevant to anything. As is Durok. Loki can't almost beat Surfer and Thor at the same time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So what you're saying is that as soon as Surfer started overpowering Loki, he quit?

So if Surfer was actually weaker than Loki like he wasn't, Loki wouldn't have actually beaten him anyway because his intention was never to beat Surfer?

Or Loki got overpowered and he figured Surfer could beat Thor because of it instead of all this "test" bullshit.

Well no shit he felt more powerful. He's being amped. no expression

The Barrier is irrelevant to anything. As is Durok. Loki can't almost beat Surfer and Thor at the same time.

Where do you see Surfer overpowering Loki? At best it was a stalemate. Loki found a suitably powerful mortal.

If Surfer folded too fast Loki would have left for someone else. I'm not sure if Loki could overpower Surfer but no, I don't think he ever intended to give Surfer his all. He was playing the innocent victim of a big bully.

Surfer never overpowered Loki, and Surfer was never portrayed as more powerful, Loki's servant actually suggested the opposite or close to it:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer02.jpg

He felt more powerful than he ever had before, like someone was guiding his hands with invincible might or whatever.

It's very much relevant as Loki's magic was clearly on an entirely level to Surfer's power. He very well might have in that story actually.

Dolos
Superman more than pulls Surfer's weight through Thor, and Surfer can at least negate Superman's vulnerability to magic and amp him with cosmic awareness.

Even if Loki amps Thor in the same way, they can never take out an evolving Superman. Bar none.

Never mess with SS and S.

I always take All-Star into consideration. That MOS was cumulatively inexorable. I will always use what getting too close to the sun did to him as an example. Mitosis, deleterious cell build up, apoptosis, triple strength, unknown amount of new super powers, super imagination, super creativity, who knows what he's capable of in that state.

JakeTheBank
All-Star Superman isn't canon, so really, I'm unsure why anyone would take into consideration here.

Starscream M
Surfer + Superman can become a very powerful combo as their powers can complement each other very well

Superman is the better shield/melee fighter while Surfer is the energy master and range attacker

Surfer can also amp Superman with solar radiation making Superman reach hulk-like power amps

this will be a tough fight for Thor/Loki

curryman
Superman more than pulls Surfer's weight through Thor, and Surfer can at least negate Superman's vulnerability to magic and amp him with cosmic awareness.

How would Surfer negate his vulnerability to magic?

He's not a magician.

Dolos
All-Star Superman isn't canon, so really, I'm unsure why anyone would take into consideration here.

If you don't, fair enough. It's all a matter of writer's interpretation of whether or not canon Superman would respond that way. And Grant Morrison wrote All-Star Superman, as well as Canon Superman, so there you go. It's my interpretation that the Superman's powers are random mutations, that aren't necessarily stable - and have no set upper limit.

-Pr-
Surfer isn't likely to amp Superman any more than he's likely to drain him in a fight against each other.

This isn't a tourney guys; please keep it within the realms of the characters.

curryman
We're not here to interpret vague intentions of writers. That would get us nowhere considering how unbelievably conflicting they are.

Surfer isn't likely to amp Superman any more than he's likely to drain him in a fight against each other.

Could you please update Dolos on the rules on something?

He keeps bringing up non-canon stories, movies and things like that...

-Pr-
All-Star isn't canon, and that Superman can't be used in debates about other versions of Superman.

End of.

Dolos

If he can do it, isn't it in the rules that it's a viable strategy in a vs debate where anything goes?

At worst you have OWAW Superman who effortlessly shoved planets across untold distances with untold velocity. OWAW IS canon.

-Pr-
If he can do it, isn't it in the rules that it's a viable strategy in a vs debate where anything goes?

At worst you have OWAW Superman who effortlessly shoved planets across untold distances with untold velocity. OWAW IS canon.

We still go by the character's personality and most likely behaviour. These aren't just powersets that we get to insert our own ideas in to like some sort of blank canvas.

Who's arguing about OWAW?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>