space marine vs deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marcssands14
who wins? deathstroke has 1 hour prep.

SevenShackles
Wait.. As in Warhammer 40k? Slade dies.

Horrificus
Which chapter?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Horrificus
Which chapter?
Does it matter? Basics of all space marines top slade nevermind whatever traits, tactics or gear they get/use due to their chapter.

Horrificus
SM ftw.

by the way: Things tend to get slightly kooky around here when somebody throws 40K stuff into a thread. smile

Good Luck.

-Pr-
Yeah, I don't see Slade winning.

dmills
Eww. 40kers on board.

marcssands14
bump

Emi~Kiro
Am I right in thinking this is spite or are 40k comic Space Marines weaker than other fictional counterparts?

Lord Feron
Um... wow... didn't know space marines were that badass considering there are so many... but what do I know I just played the RPGs.

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Um... wow... didn't know space marines were that badass considering there are so many... but what do I know I just played the RPGs.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marines
I don't play the table top game but I read the fluff since my husband plays, from my understanding they have multiple organs, can see in the dark, survive massive damage and trauma, immune to poisons and are breed for war and incased in super strong armor. Their basic weapons are awesome also, explosive rounds and such much beyond modern day stuffs.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marines
I don't play the table top game but I read the fluff since my husband plays, from my understanding they have multiple organs, can see in the dark, survive massive damage and trauma, immune to poisons and are breed for war and incased in super strong armor. Their basic weapons are awesome also, explosive rounds and such much beyond modern day stuffs. much more than this.
training
mental conditioning
redudant organs
complete lack of fear
molecular acid for saliva
possible immortality and thousands of years of experience
horribly powerful psykers
the list goes on

NemeBro
Identity Crisis Slade curbstomps.

Most die.

The sheer difficulty Slade would have in simply penetrating their armour alone makes this an impossible uphill battle for him.

**** the gameplay, that armour can survive orbital bombardments in the lore.

Differing chapters really only matter in how Slade dies.

An Ultramarine would provide suppressive fire and maybe kill him with a combat blade if Slade manages to actually close the distance.

A Black Templar would engage him in a duel of swords, and probably kill him quickly.

A Blood Angel would rapidly close the distance with a jump pack, pulverising him on impact.

A Space Wolf would run him down, firing on him and eventually ripping him to pieces if he catches him.

A Grey Knight could kill him with his mind, or just destroy his body and soul with a Force Sword.

A Dark Angel would kill him by being a brooding emo punk.

SevenShackles
much more than this.
training
mental conditioning
redudant organs
complete lack of fear
molecular acid for saliva
possible immortality and thousands of years of experience
horribly powerful psykers
the list goes on
So, spite.
Poor slade, never had a chance. smokin'

Horrificus
Originally posted by SevenShackles
So, spite.
Poor slade, never had a chance. smokin' 4 the most part, yes. but they have been killed by 40k assassins before, with similar stats to Slade, so...

SevenShackles
4 the most part, yes. but they have been killed by 40k assassins before, with similar stats to Slade, so...
Isnt that with skills specifically learned/weaponry specifically crafted for the task?

Uriel005
Um... wow... didn't know space marines were that badass considering there are so many... but what do I know I just played the RPGs. consider the numbers involved in 40k and their really aren't that many of them. maybe 50-60 thousand space marines in total. Imperial guard can number in the billions in a single tithe from a hive world. btw hive world has a number of cities potentially numbering over 10 billion people per city and a tithe can call for 1/10 able bodied men to serve in the military. So space marines really don't suffer from ninja law when you consider about 250 space marines is generally considered overkill for conquering a planet.

Horrificus
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Isnt that with skills specifically learned/weaponry specifically crafted for the task? sorry, not sure what you are asking?

do they use weapons and stuff, specifically designed to take out a marine, sure. is that the only way it has happened? no.

in the fluff and novels, there have been numerous skirmishes and confrontations involving space marines and assassins from the 4 houses:

Vindicare- Traditional Sniping with non-tradional weapons.
Eversor- Shock and Terror.
Callidus- Shape changing.
Culexus- Psychic

Diesldude
Horrificus, for some reason I always thought that your name was based off of Horus.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Diesldude
Horrificus, for some reason I always thought that your name was based off of Horus. Nope. But I think there might be a member on here that has that as part of his name. I think.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Uriel005
consider the numbers involved in 40k and their really aren't that many of them. maybe 50-60 thousand space marines in total. Imperial guard can number in the billions in a single tithe from a hive world. btw hive world has a number of cities potentially numbering over 10 billion people per city and a tithe can call for 1/10 able bodied men to serve in the military. So space marines really don't suffer from ninja law when you consider about 250 space marines is generally considered overkill for conquering a planet.

There's actually a million space marines in total (IIRC), one thousand chapters with one thousand members each. Some chapters have more than a thousand due to some loophole in the rules, but as it stand, the number stands at about that many.

Uriel005
4 the most part, yes. but they have been killed by 40k assassins before, with similar stats to Slade, so... not even close. You have to understand that most of humanity is evolved tougher and stronger than the humans of today. Catachans have been known to hold bulkheads open barehanded in some book and thats meant to hold out vacuum and boarding parties with breaching charges. Also they regularly "play" with ogryns think ogre sized beings incredibly stupid and considered intelligent when they can make a logical conclusion to bring a medkit to an officer by dragging a tank 200 meters through heavy enemy fire. Now Catachans are outliers but not insanely so. There are also humans that can survive in t-shirts in arctic temperatures and consider anything above freezing to be sweltering heat.

Slade is just far outmatched here.
Originally posted by Nibedicus
There's actually a million space marines in total (IIRC), one thousand chapters with one thousand members each. Some chapters have more than a thousand due to some loophole in the rules, but as it stand, the number stands at about that many. A lot of chapters get wiped out or go away due to faulty gene seed. Even at a million space marines its still an insanely low number compared to any other faction including the Eldar.

Nibedicus
A lot of chapters get wiped out or go away due to faulty gene seed. Even at a million space marines its still an insanely low number compared to any other faction including the Eldar.

Well, I agree with what you said there, it's insanely small number, especially as there's far more than a million worlds, that'ls like 1 space marine per several planets in the imperium.

NemeBro
not even close. You have to understand that most of humanity is evolved tougher and stronger than the humans of today. Catachans have been known to hold bulkheads open barehanded in some book and thats meant to hold out vacuum and boarding parties with breaching charges. Also they regularly "play" with ogryns think ogre sized beings incredibly stupid and considered intelligent when they can make a logical conclusion to bring a medkit to an officer by dragging a tank 200 meters through heavy enemy fire. Now Catachans are outliers but not insanely so. There are also humans that can survive in t-shirts in arctic temperatures and consider anything above freezing to be sweltering heat.

Slade is just far outmatched here.
A lot of chapters get wiped out or go away due to faulty gene seed. Even at a million space marines its still an insanely low number compared to any other faction including the Eldar.

Any book that had Catachans holding open bulkheads and wrestling Ogryns was a terrible book with a writer that should be shot in the balls before being decapitated by a shovel.

As for the assassins, physically they are actually similar to Marines in strength and toughness, but much faster and more skilled on average. Vindicares have hax as **** guns and ammo as well.

SevenShackles
So to clarify does anyone here think deathstroke has a snowballs chance in hell of putting down a battle ready space marine?

NemeBro
Not really. Their armour, which can withstand monomolecular-edged chainswords wielded by Space Marines (Who, in armour, are about class 10ish or so, depending on what you are reading), is too big an advantage.

Their speed varies a bit. Generally, bullet-timing feats among named characters are pretty standard, faster than the human eye can accurately perceive is almost universal, and the best Space Marine speed feat I've seen was in Know No Fear. A Sergeant swings his sword for a finishing blow when he sees an opening, that lasts a microsecond. This is, at worst, a mach 3,000 feat.

Horrificus
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/40K/th_ImperialAssassins_zps3fdcce78.jpg

Lord Feron
There some impressive shit. Can anyone recommend me a good book to start reading the lore? Like a good set or trilogy? I just played the video games but I do enjoy the background.

Nibedicus
I would start with an Imperial Guard book like Ciaphas Cain then move on to the more elite Imperial Guard books like Gaunt' Ghost then to something of the Inquisition like Ravenor or Eisenhorn. Then after finishing a few Space Marine books (I liked the Ultramarine Omnibus), you can start moving into the Horus books (or anything with the Primarchs in it w/c is a great read).

I feel like reading the WH40K fluff thru a progressive growth of forminability as perceived by current populace allows one to feel the general awe/fear felt by the normal populace with regards to the Space Marines. That's how I would do it anyway.

Lord Feron
Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the imperium, is that the book you suggest to start with?

Nibedicus
Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the imperium, is that the book you suggest to start with?

That's actually my first WH40k book, others would recommend differently, I guess. But it really paints a good picture of what life is like for the regular military in WH40k and how the Space Marines mythos is taken by the general populace. It also paints a less serious and less morbid picture of what is actually a very very depressing place to live in.

the Darkone
Deathstroke is phuck, hell a Lord Commander or Honor Guard stomps him something terrible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.