Man-Thing vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
MT vs Savage Hulk

1.H2H
2.Both use full powers and abilities BFR off
3.Above with BFR on

Who wins in each of the above?

Oliver North
What would constitute a victory for the Hulk?

iscaremonkeys
dident the PROFESSOR hulk beat him? I think he did i cant remember. If he did then Any version of hulk can.

Oliver North
no version of Hulk has beaten Man-Thing

they fought, then, for some reason, Man-Thing just walked away.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Oliver North
, Man-Thing just walked away.
what kind of BS is marvel feeding us?
Savage takes him btw

Oliver North
how exactly does he do that?

iscaremonkeys
Easy Strength plus the fact that version doesn't stop beating the crap out of something until its cripple or dead. Also his durability. I do remember man thing touching the professor's head And all that happened was his hair was burned off, And that was just the weakest form of the hulk. Just think what savage could do!

pym-ftw
Man thing wins the battle of attrition

Oliver North
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
Easy Strength plus the fact that version doesn't stop beating the crap out of something until its cripple or dead. Also his durability. I do remember man thing touching the professor's head And all that happened was his hair was burned off, And that was just the weakest form of the hulk. Just think what savage could do!

I actually agree with you that there is no realistic win condition for Man-Thing... But he can't actually be defeated with strength alone.

He can reform instantly from the entirety of his body being destroyed and is a self contained eco-system that can be without water for days (including in arctic conditions). He is literally immune to physical attacks, so much so, that when the Lizard was shown hitting him, the editor of the comic added a box to the actual comic that essentially said "this shouldn't have happened".EDIT:... because Man-Thing is made of muck... errrr, that last point kind of ran on.

short version: hulk can't hurt manny

iscaremonkeys
soo stalemate? im sorry Manny isent beating him

Bentley
Manny got punked by Ares.

Oliver North
ya, pretty much from that point on there have been lots of inconsistent changes to the character, as if Marvel really wanted him around for some reason, but had no real plan for the character.

"Classic" Man-Thing (volumes 1-4 + pretty much all appearances before the Ares incident) would be what I described above.

Current Man-Thing is possessed by some ancient entity that is sort of like Blink but with reality warping powers and can open portals between dimensions. Current "Vorgornus Koth" Man-Thing would actually probably win with access to his full powers, at least with BFR on.

The Man-Thing they invented for "Fear Itself" was an even more potent reality warper... /shrug.

Oliver North
not to bait, but what... did Man-Thing just beat the Hulk fanboys?

iscaremonkeys
no since man thing doesn't beat the hulk

Oliver North
I just want to talk more about Man-Thing sad

iscaremonkeys
hes an interesting character. Lets say man thing Can be hurt Could he Beat Rulk?

Oliver North
I don't know the character enough, but I imagine it would be the same deal. lol, I actually even made a thread about it, it is really hard to think of a fight that isn't just "he can't hurt Man-Thing/Man-Thing couldn't hurt him".

SamZED
I actually agree with you that there is no realistic win condition for Man-Thing... But he can't actually be defeated with strength alone.

He can reform instantly from the entirety of his body being destroyed and is a self contained eco-system that can be without water for days (including in arctic conditions). He is literally immune to physical attacks, so much so, that when the Lizard was shown hitting him, the editor of the comic added a box to the actual comic that essentially said "this shouldn't have happened".EDIT:... because Man-Thing is made of muck... errrr, that last point kind of ran on.

short version: hulk can't hurt manny Wait what? The editor added a "fail" box instead of.. actually editing the script?

Oliver North
Originally posted by SamZED
Wait what? The editor added a "fail" box instead of.. actually editing the script?

yup

Ooze

To begin, I want to show an editor's note here. Spider-Man had just done a two-foot kick into Man-Thing, and the editor (and rightly so, might I add) clearly points out that Spidey should have gone right into Man-Thing, rather than hitting him :

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7431/giantsizespiderman0535.jpg

my bad, it was Spider-Man, not the Lizard

SamZED
yup

my bad, it was Spider-Man, not the Lizard thanks for the sca. Ive actually read it but never payed attention.

iscaremonkeys
GOOD LAWD IN HEAVEN WHAT WAS I READING!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.