DoE Bane runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan

Intrepid37
Probably 6.

axel_jovan
Yeah, I'm also very curious how his battle with "Vaapad twins" Depa and Sora will turn out.

Intrepid37
They should die with not too much trouble. Dooku rendered Bulq unconscious with a single blast of lightning. Bane has a better lightning feat in DoE. And Depa herself shouldn't pose a very big challenge.

juggerman
I say 7

Pwned
He may clear it, tbh.

Darth Banus
shit gets real @ 6.

Q99
Oh no way he clears it. Six is very hard, and 7's even harder (in no small part due to lightning being a bad move against Corran).

Isn't Depa stronger than Bulq? I thought she pushed Mace much harder.

Intrepid37
She did but Mace didn't want to fight back. I have no idea to be honest.

Q99
Originally posted by Intrepid37
She did but Mace didn't want to fight back. I have no idea to be honest.

The circumstances as I know them is Mace was fighting her, hard, but felt he couldn't push forward any harder without falling to the dark side, so he surrendered.

Ascendancy
He clears. There isn't a group proficient enough to take his highest Force showings, which is what will easily be the undoing for most. 7 is certainly the greatest challenge saber wise but his mastery to the point of anticipating what is coming next against multiple forms, his speed, and his experience give him the chance to overcome. With full rest he also has the capacity to unleash his Force attacks at full strength and the foes in 7 don't have any answer for Force Void, and Anakin is the only one who I could see acting to deflect a full power Force Wave to the point of surviving it.

I will say that 6 would certainly be interesting, but because of the saber types Bane could actually cause them to hinder each other. I will give credence to them presenting a pretty interesting challenge, though even as a new Sith Lord Bane overwhelmed Kas'im, in spite of the Twi'lek's vaunted talents. Maul's weakness as above is that I see him having almost no defense against Bane's Force attacks.

Q99
One of his primary force attacks, lightning would just power up Corran.

Anakin's pretty nasty usually, but I'm trying to picture fighting Anakin while under the effect of force illusions.

Intrepid37
Maul has quite good force feats himself.

Raptor22
I'd say he beats 6 but probably goes down at 7 if they fight smart. Anakin squaring off against bane while corran throws some illusions at him from the side could be a devestating combo.

axel_jovan

Intrepid37
CW Maul himself should be extreme trouble for DoE Bane imo.

axel_jovan
^ true

Hmm, probably CW Maul alone takes 3-4//10 against DoE Bane, but
CW Maul + Kas'im should be able to take 6/10.

Intrepid37
Maul himself should take a slight majority imo. While Bane is a more powerful force user, Maul should be a better combatant and the outcome is more likely to be decided in a strict duel.

That said, Maul is no easy picking on his own in a force fight.

juyomaster34
He won't get pass 3....imho...
As far as Corran Horn.....he isn't the only one who will get a boost.....
If he gets pass 3,it won't be an easy walk in the invisible hand.
Depa and Sora?..easy...no trouble?...I don't think so...

Intrepid37
4 would give him definite trouble.

Ascendancy
I was not speaking to Bane's lightning against 7. As he's never fought Horn he'd obviously have to learn about that weakness on his own. I think Horn & Anakin's weakness against the Force here are Force Void and the strength of Bane's Force Wave.

This is an instance where CW just adds more ambiguity. I think we get a very straight-forward picture of Maul can do in Shadow Hunter and some of the other novelizations, but then we have someone like Vizsla giving him more than a hard time, though I don't think there was ever a question of how the battle would go.

That said, in the Bane vs Windu thread Bane has the slight edge, and considering that is factoring in Windu's ability to turn the dark side against its practitioners during combat that weighs pretty heavily into what someone like Bane could go against Maul. Maul is not at Windu's level. Maul is not a better combatant than Bane. It seems like established arguments about how Bane fares against high level duelists is being utterly ignored by some in this thread.

As to Force Illusions from Horn, we see Bane survive and overcome Zannah's direct Sith Sorcery attack on his mind. The others that she used it on went mad instantly, lost to their fear of the illusions that their own minds conjured. As elsewhere, I also point to his ability to overcome Kaan's mental domination, which was enough to hold his entire rank of Sith Lord' in thrall to him throughout the entirety of the war. We see some become disillusioned, ready to flee, and he turns them back. Kaan's Battle Meditation and control of others through the Force was more than formidable.

Force Illusions are not going to be Bane's undoing.

Intrepid37
Maul's fight with Vizsla was more about honor.

juyomaster34

Agreed...

juyomaster34
I agree Ascendancy....I see trouble with Anakin,maybe Djem So vs Djem So.
Savage and Ventress not so much...my first comment was Saber to Saber....
w/Force Lightning. either way you understood...no disrespect...to your comment
or Intrepid 37.

Intrepid37
No problem.

Ascendancy
Indeed, nothing out of sorts. Let us carry on =D

Understood. I was just saying that it really doesn't fit that Maul should have had much in the way of trouble with him. If you didn't know his relative abilities and were new to Star Wars you really wouldn't have had a correct grasp of where Maul fits if that fight were all you had seen. That's how I see it anyway.

Pwned
Bane has actually mastered all styles known during his time. Djem So will end up being me with Juyo or Soresu.

Ben "cA" Risa
I never actually ended up reading Dynasty of Evil; could somebody post all of Bane's feats from the novel?

Vensai
4 would give him definite trouble.
Yeah, I think Bane stops at 5. He'd be too exhausted at that point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.