Call of Duty: Ghosts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY?feature=watch

Just officially announced.

The new Call of Duty game coming out for this fall for current and next gen systems due late 2013.

Gameplay will be revealed during Xbox Infinity launch presentation later this month.

KingD19
I'm probably one of the few people who legitimately likes Call of Duty. I'm looking forward to this, maybe it's more stealth oriented since I'm assuming that's a sort of Ghost Op squad. I'd really like more melee kills. Like actual kill animations, not just swiping a knife and making the guy fall over.

Kazenji
BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!!

FistOfThe North
COD ghosts sales are gonna smash through the roof at the speed of light flying fast past black ops 2, mw 3 and battlefield 3, with it coming out for pc, the 360, the ps3, the Infinity, the pS4, maybe the WiiU and mobile devices.

I see the game making billions surpassing black ops 2 which made $500 million in 24 hrs, selling 11 million copies it's first week and a billion dollars in the first 15 days. I see Ghosts making that much in half the time at most and reach around 3 billion in sales in 2013.

TheHulk
Hopefully! It's the Ghost we all know and love!

Barker
I'd really like it if they just went with a yearly naming scheme.

CoD 2013, CoD 2014, CoD 2050, etc

Zack Fair
lol

Nemesis X
TMYso30L9zI

Leo.M
Can't wait for this game. Hopefully it will be something fresh and not just a bad boob job.

Zack Fair
Good luck with that.

jaden101
I gave up on it after MW2. This has done nothing to regain my excitement. CoD4:MW had the perfect balance between level size, number of players, areas which could be tactically defended, sniping sight lines, close combat, kill streak rewards etc. Every game since has been increasingly poor. I ended up borrowing mw3 and haven't even bothered with black ops 2.

Now they're touting the ability to customise what your character looks like as a great feature of an FPS. When only other people looking at your character will actually get to see what he looks like while you're playing unless you play in the shitty 3rd person view in which case you're a moron anyway.

Omega Vision
Is it supposed to be an Xbox One exclusive?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Is it supposed to be an Xbox One exclusive?

No. It'll be available on current and next gen systems. The "One" will have C.o.d.Gh. exclusives, though.

BloodRain
To a CoD noob who has only played an hour of MW2, can someone tell me what things have been changing, improving etc since then?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by BloodRain
To a CoD noob who has only played an hour of MW2, can someone tell me what things have been changing, improving etc since then?

Not much. The biggest changes are a couple new perks/care packages, a couple new guns maybe a diff story line and a slight graphics polish with the same engine. It's still arcade. Still fun. Gameplay mechanics and everything else has still been the same since. And why change it if it's been working. Sure there're complaints but the game, despite not changing much then game still seems to break the previous installment sales records.

FistOfThe North

Tzeentch._
Ah, another CoD game to not buy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!!

Yeah, I had no idea a call of Duty was going to come out this year, at all. Came out of left field. laughing

Everyone that games, that I know, will be buying this game. no expression

Nemesis X

Zack Fair
Sigh.

I want CoD to burn in hell.

Yes. I be hatin'.

Kazenji
I'm slightly interested in this one only because Infinity Ward is involved

anything from Treyarch just ignore them.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm slightly interested in this one only because Infinity Ward is involved

anything from Treyarch just ignore them.

You gotta admit that treyarch did hit a homerun with nazi zombies 1, though.

And world at war wasn't bad, either. Black ops 2's good too. I'm more the battlefield type but you can't deny these games.

Smasandian
I liked Black Ops 1 and 2 over Modern Warfare 3. That game was crappy.

Zack Fair
Yeah. Modern Warfare 3 was shit.

FistOfThe North
Yet MW3, which you guys seemingly hate so much, (as well) was not Treyarch. Make up your minds guys...

MW3 was Activision.

And actually, you can't hate on this game too much. It was the first c.o.d. game to create the "kill conformed" mode which is, imo, the best c.o.d. feature ever created.

I hope you guys are not the type to hate c.o.d. because everyone else does or just because it's just trendy to do so. You'd be worse than the tween trollers on the mic online playing the game.

Zack Fair
I know it was not developed by Treyarch. I just mentioned it because I didn't like it. I don't have a favorite developer. Infinity Ward gets some points for making MW4.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

MW3 was Activision.

Actually Infinity Ward was involved with it

FistOfThe North
"Call of Duty: Ghosts as Played by Jimmy Fallon and Elijah Wood."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/06/21/call-of-duty-ghosts-as-played-by-jimmy-fallon-and-elijah-wood/

FistOfThe North
Call of Duty: Ghosts has 30 changes

1. Point Streaks accumulate.

2. You can now see the kill feed at the top right.

3. Stats like the kill death ratio have also been moved to the top right, and you won't have to open a menu to see them.

4. Knives have one second vulnerability.

5. You can destroy objects in any of the maps to gain tactical advantage.

6. Perks are divided into different sections

7. 30 new weapons

8. You can customize characters, of course, including making them women.

9. A ten point class system.

10. 20 new killstreaks.

11. Strike packages have been brought back.

12. Pointstreaks have returned in place of scorestreaks.

13. Death streaks have been removed.

14. You use squad points to unlock equipment, but all weapons are available at the onset.

15. You get ten soldiers AKA profiles.

16. Ten new game modes.

17. AI has been improved, in terms of corner camping and side strafing.

18. Movement is smoother thanks to the new engine.

19. New audio engine affects the game experience. For example, reverb makes sounds from inside/outside structures sound different.

20. New competitive scene, comparable to CODcaster.

21. A new iteration of profiles. You can take your 360 profile to carry over to Xbox One.

22. Call of Duty app adds features like sharing to Twitter and Facebook, as well as second screen.

23. More things to do with Clans. You can join, create, and manage a Clan from a single account. You can have Clan only skins and set Clan vs Clan playlists.

24. The COD app includes an emblem editor.

25. Season pass gives you the Ghost Team leader pack, and you can carry all the DLC over too.

26. Collector's editions, including Hardened and Prestige Editions as we covered yesterday.

27. The first 500 people to test the game during the "world wide tour' gets a copy of the Prestige Edition.

28. Limited edition dog tags for $ 4.99. Proceeds to aid veterans.

29. Different game modes include squads, league play, fighting with AI or other people. You can earn multiplayer XP and AI adapts to your equipment choices.

30. No more Theater mode. If you liked that one, sorry guys.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/16807/article/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-30-changes/

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Call of Duty: Ghosts has 30 changes

1. Point Streaks accumulate.

2. You can now see the kill feed at the top right.

3. Stats like the kill death ratio have also been moved to the top right, and you won't have to open a menu to see them.

4. Knives have one second vulnerability.

5. You can destroy objects in any of the maps to gain tactical advantage.

6. Perks are divided into different sections

7. 30 new weapons

8. You can customize characters, of course, including making them women.

9. A ten point class system.

10. 20 new killstreaks.

11. Strike packages have been brought back.

12. Pointstreaks have returned in place of scorestreaks.

13. Death streaks have been removed.

14. You use squad points to unlock equipment, but all weapons are available at the onset.

15. You get ten soldiers AKA profiles.

16. Ten new game modes.

17. AI has been improved, in terms of corner camping and side strafing.

18. Movement is smoother thanks to the new engine.

19. New audio engine affects the game experience. For example, reverb makes sounds from inside/outside structures sound different.

20. New competitive scene, comparable to CODcaster.

21. A new iteration of profiles. You can take your 360 profile to carry over to Xbox One.

22. Call of Duty app adds features like sharing to Twitter and Facebook, as well as second screen.

23. More things to do with Clans. You can join, create, and manage a Clan from a single account. You can have Clan only skins and set Clan vs Clan playlists.

24. The COD app includes an emblem editor.

25. Season pass gives you the Ghost Team leader pack, and you can carry all the DLC over too.

26. Collector's editions, including Hardened and Prestige Editions as we covered yesterday.

27. The first 500 people to test the game during the "world wide tour' gets a copy of the Prestige Edition.

28. Limited edition dog tags for $ 4.99. Proceeds to aid veterans.

29. Different game modes include squads, league play, fighting with AI or other people. You can earn multiplayer XP and AI adapts to your equipment choices.

30. No more Theater mode. If you liked that one, sorry guys.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/16807/article/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-30-changes/ A good amount of those points aren't really changes to the gameplay (24 and up).Some of those are features in past cod games. New weapons are to be expected. Also, 30 is pretty disappointing. The 'profiles' will probably just function as load outs.

On the other hand, I like the fact that knives have a one second window to screw you so we don't have this guys that just run around knifing all the time. I also like that kill streaks are gone. The strike packages being back are also good news. Costumization of your soldiers is long overdue, so also a good plus.

For the most part though, that's a disappointing list. It does mention a few great additions though. I'm going to have to see more first. I do like the more fluid gameplay through. Vaulting, sliding, leaning, diving (etc) are all great additions to the typically monotonous gameplay.

Also, since no one else has put this up yet, here is the multiplayer reveal:

K2uN1gwxM8o

I wonder whats with the weird portal game mode at the end.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Arachnid1
A good amount of those points aren't really changes to the gameplay (24 and up).Some of those are features in past cod games. New weapons are to be expected. Also, 30 is pretty disappointing. The 'profiles' will probably just function as load outs.

K2uN1gwxM8o

I wonder whats with the weird portal game mode at the end.

Although I've already seen the 1 sec knifing window concept on Battlefield 4 a bit back, 24 and up is pushing it. Like how has 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21 not good changes?

And Eminem and c.o.d. are a bad match, imo. And the dead pool teleportation thingy at the end looks, suspect.

Smasandian
Hahah, those 30 points should be in a patch, not an entirely new game.

Kazenji
I've read regarding the PC version, It will be getting more love then the Next Gen console versions

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/08/infinity-ward-pc-call-of-duty-will-look-better-than-next-gen-one/

Impediment
If I buy the PS3 version and build up a profile, can it be transferred to the PS4 when I buy one? Or are profiles exclusionary to each console?

RedX1852
Call of Duty isnt all that Good and Ghosty's Preorders are Doing Terrible HAA

FistOfThe North
4 days & 20hrs left.

FistOfThe North
Just finished buying and preloading Ghosts via Steam. No standing in line for me this year.

2 days, 9hrs. left.

FistOfThe North
1day, 11hrs, 11mins and 11 secs left..

FistOfThe North
Damn. Consoles get it in 18 mins. Steam gets it in 4 hrs. Gay. I'll just go to bed and set my alarm 10 mins 10.

Kazenji
Hahaha

Phuck Steam.

wolverinos
so basically its MW2/MW3 with just new maps?

Tzeentch._
whirly lol

Tzeentch._
5E82ZkHTiVU

haermm

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
5E82ZkHTiVU

haermm Well, why not? They copy and paste everything else.

Tzeentch._
You're right. They're the same thing.

Nemesis X
5E82ZkHTiVU

haermm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2013/11/06/activision-boasts-1-billion-call-of-duty-ghosts-day-one-sales/

Maybe it's because I never bought a retail copy of a Call of Duty game, I didn't get exposed to whatever hell kind of hallucinogenic drug is spat out of the box to indoctrinate me into buying more of these.

-Pr-
IGN called it an homage.

Wtf.

Tzeentch._
haermm

NemeBro
Originally posted by -Pr-
IGN called it an homage.

Wtf. lol

Blax and I knew someone would.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by -Pr-
IGN called it an homage.

Wtf.

People still take IGN seriously?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nemesis X
People still take IGN seriously?

You're not on reddit, are you?

Nemesis X
Never was.

-Pr-
Ah. They, among others, said the same thing.

But yes, IGN is a joke to most fans. Just not to companies, sadly.

Zack Fair
5E82ZkHTiVU

haermm HBjUru8qL6c

Stealth Moose
MOAR MILITARY SHOOTURZ PLZ EA! I AM STARTING TO DISCOVER OTHER INTERSTZ IN LIFE, PLEASE HALP!

I can't think of the last time I came home and said "You know, I really really need to play another modern military shooter. I just haven't gotten enough yet."

Wait, maybe I do. It was 2007.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
MOAR MILITARY SHOOTURZ PLZ EA! I AM STARTING TO DISCOVER OTHER INTERSTZ IN LIFE, PLEASE HALP!

I can't think of the last time I came home and said "You know, I really really need to play another modern military shooter. I just haven't gotten enough yet."

Wait, maybe I do. It was 2007. Depends on the game for me. Bf4 has already given me some of my most memorable video game shooter experiences, and I don't regret spending 120 for the game and premium, just like I did for BF3.

NemeBro
A coworker defended the game's ending to me, stating that it was indeed a homage, because "There was a guy named Ghost in MW2".

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
A coworker defended the game's ending to me, stating that it was indeed a homage, because "There was a guy named Ghost in MW2". I loled

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.