H.I.V. cure months away, Danish scientists say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North

Tzeentch._
Science **** yeah

Ascendancy
Once they take care of the Herp as well carefree sex here I come!

Darth Jello
So HIV is cured and Super Clap takes its place as the most dreaded STI?

Ascendancy
Time travel might be a better cure. We'll go back to the 80s when everyone was coked up and no one caught anything.

Digi
Yes yes, because STDs are the only thing keeping me from having Wilt Chamberlain sex numbers.

Which, coincidentally, is clearly the biggest thing about this announcement.

/smh

Optimism is good. Realism is as well. Even the opening sentence uses the words "scientists believe." Not "know" but believe. Different things. There are also unproven variables, cited later in the article. Also, a discovery and mass distribution are wildly different things. Lastly, this Global Post site seems reputable, but do we know that for sure? I realize this kind of skepticism borders on paranoia, but the internet is forcing our hand with this sort of fact and source-checking, and not just with the obvious sites like the Onion and such.

Scarlet Fox
No one saw Demolition Man? Everytime on was cured another one just popped up until they abolished sex all together.

juggerman
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
No one saw Demolition Man? Everytime on was cured another one just popped up until they abolished sex all together.

What seems to be your boggle?

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Digi
Yes yes, because STDs are the only thing keeping me from having Wilt Chamberlain sex numbers.

Which, coincidentally, is clearly the biggest thing about this announcement.

/smh

Optimism is good. Realism is as well. Even the opening sentence uses the words "scientists believe." Not "know" but believe. Different things. There are also unproven variables, cited later in the article. Also, a discovery and mass distribution are wildly different things. Lastly, this Global Post site seems reputable, but do we know that for sure? I realize this kind of skepticism borders on paranoia, but the internet is forcing our hand with this sort of fact and source-checking, and not just with the obvious sites like the Onion and such. Lol. So condescending.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Lol. So condescending.

Nah. He just suffers from mild form of paranoid personality disorder. So, he's a border line schizoid, practically.

StyleTime
What Digi said is actually pretty reasonable. Optimism is awesome.

Facts are also awesome.

Oliver North
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Nah. He just suffers from mild form of paranoid personality disorder. So, he's a border line schizoid, practically.

/epic facepalm

Tzeentch._
being correct =\= not being condescending.

Generally, Digi only comes on here for one of two reasons, either to talk about how awesome and mature he's gotten now that he doesn't come on here anymore, or to complain about someone's OP.

Anyway, the article is parroted on Fox, MD and the Telegraph... it took me three seconds to find that out on google. As for it "being a possibility", not a single person in this thread has stated nor implied that there was definitely a cure on the way, so pointing out that this is all "just possibilities" is basically just being redundant.

Oliver North
thats not really a diagnosis for paranoid personality disorder though stick out tongue

Tzeentch._
Was replying to that Styletime lunatic. uhuh

Oliver North
god, there is a quote button for a reason roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard

Generally, Digi only comes on here for one of two reasons, either to talk about how awesome and mature he's gotten now that he doesn't come on here anymore, or to complain about someone's OP.

Anyway, the article is parroted on Fox, MD and the Telegraph... it took me three seconds to find that out on google. As for it "being a possibility", not a single person in this thread has stated nor implied that there was definitely a cure on the way, so pointing out that this is all "just possibilities" is basically just being redundant.

This was a funny post. thumb up

Also, since they've cured the AIDS, I'm going to do heroine from dirty needles while having unprotected butt-sex with a male gorilla. Who said freedom isn't free.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Oliver North
god, there is a quote button for a reason roll eyes (sarcastic) FYQBN Originally posted by Robtard
This was a funny post. thumb up

Also, since they've cured the AIDS, I'm going to do heroine from dirty needles while having unprotected butt-sex with a male gorilla.

I hope it was funny in a "laughing with you, not at you" kind of way.

Robtard
With.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Robtard
Also, since they've cured the AIDS, I'm going to do heroine from dirty needles while having unprotected butt-sex with a male gorilla. Who said freedom isn't free.

I didn't even think of this

its never been a better time to pick up a needle drug habit

Robtard

its never been a better time to pick up a needle drug habit You're welcome, but also consider the butt****ing of a monkey while you're at it. Don't want to limit yourself.

Oliver North
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you

Tzeentch._
laughing out loud

Robtard
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you

One of yours?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/12/meanwhile-canada-monkey-winter-coat-escapes-ikea/59790/

Oliver North
One of yours?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/12/meanwhile-canada-monkey-winter-coat-escapes-ikea/59790/

seriously, you have no idea how big of a news story that was up here...

FistOfThe North

its never been a better time to pick up a needle drug habit

So, what are your two cents on the topic, finally?

Oliver North
So, what are your two cents on the topic, finally?

what are my thoughts on a potential cheap and universally effective cure to aids?

seriously?

EDIT: meh, I'm unimpressed in general. Aids wasn't that tough of a nut to crack, should have been done ages ago. And really, taxpayer money could go to other things that are more impactful to my life, or other curable diseases. And there is just going to be another disease. In fact, I'm pissed off. How ****ing dare they cure aids, how ****ing dare they.

Digi

Oh cool, I've been singled out.

To your point, I've had 33K posts over nearly a decade on KMC. My recent time off notwithstanding, I feel like saying that I "generally" anything is probably a gross simplification. Also, the lone line of posts talking about me taking time off was rather apologetic. I felt bad...still do, to an extent. I gave up some commitments in the RP forums, and some lesser responsibilities in the comic forums. But I liked being gone. Not in a condescending way - KMC's awesome - just in a truthful way. I'll probably be less inclined to post in coming months/years; at least I hope so...I don't get as much enjoyment out of it anymore, fun as it still can be at times. So you're probably reading too much into my tone, or what you perceive as my tone. Maybe the post was heavy-handed. But I've been here too long and made too many internet-friends, and legitimately learned a lot, to condescend to the site as though I'm above it. If you're reading some perceived slight in my words, it's not there. You have my word.

And the sex stuff was a joke, "/smh" and all. I mean, c'mon, you think I actually cared that people were taking it down that path? When I joined - back in the 80's I think - someone told me I needed to include a smilie any time I was joking. Otherwise I'd be reprimanded for being a douche or too serious. Guess he was right.

313 ...that means it's a joke. Even toward you, that I'm poking fun at right now. We good? Yes? No? Babyrapingwolfcabbage? Good, that's settled.

Anyway. Maybe my point(s) was redundant, but it doesn't make it wrong. Nor unnecessary in many circles. Just look at how such announcements are normally received (i.e. read the headline, gloss over the rest, etc.). Maybe I'm preaching to the choir here on KMC. You'll have to forgive me. Old age and a massive ego can ravage the mind, you know.

Lord Lucien

To your point, I've had 33K posts over nearly a decade on KMC. Pfff. Nerd.

StyleTime

Yeah. I never said otherwise.

It was a reply to FistofTheNorth, who did imply that Digi was being paranoid...because he asked for facts.

(maybe he was joking or somesuch.)
Was replying to that Styletime lunatic. uhuh
In his defense, your post wasn't directly under the guy you were replying to....like mine was.

vin

He totally said he was singling me out. You and your
massive ego
keep hogging my spotlight.

uhuh

Digi
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Pfff. Nerd.

...you're just jealous of my internet #SWAG

Originally posted by StyleTime
I

Fist Digi

In his

hog spot

uhuh

O_o

Darth Truculent
The only known substance that can "cure" HIV is bleach and I don't see bleach pills being developed anytime soon.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
The only known substance that can "cure" HIV is bleach and I don't see bleach pills being developed anytime soon.

HIV can actually be broken down by soap outside of the body along with many, many other substances, but bleach is not a cure.

In reality, there is a functional cure involving stem cells, but it is more than cost prohibitive for most at this point.

StyleTime
O_o
Only with your consent.

I ain't Mindset. uhuh

Mindset
Only with your consent.

I ain't Mindset. uhuh With Digi, consent is always implied.

Omega Vision
...you're just jealous of my internet #SWAG

O_o
Digi, what did you mean when you said that I had swagoo?

Digi
Originally posted by Mindset
With Digi, consent is always implied.

biscuits

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Digi, what did you mean when you said that I had swagoo?

WUT.

But seriously, wut?

Omega Vision
biscuits

WUT.

But seriously, wut?
I successfully confused you.

Victory is mine.

FistOfThe North
Yeah. I never said otherwise.

It was a reply to FistofTheNorth, who did imply that Digi was being paranoid...because he asked for facts.

No, wrong. Digi implied so when he wrote "I realize this kind of skepticism borders on paranoia.

StyleTime
"Another guy did it, so there's no way I could have done it too."

thumb up

Oliver North
No, wrong. Digi implied so when he wrote "I realize this kind of skepticism borders on paranoia.

ya, watch the non-literal linguistic devices, digi

Digi
Indeed. For the record, I don't think it borders on paranoia. It's just basic rigor, the simplest and easiest way to ensure someone isn't pulling your chain.

This story happens to be corroborated by several other sites, which was pointed out to me with all the aplomb of a serial villain explaining his full-proof plan to the tied-up protagonist:

Anyway, the article is parroted on Fox, MD and the Telegraph... it took me three seconds to find that out on google..

...but it's at least nice to have it confirmed.

hearmefart
Good and nice to hear that. It will help those people who infected of the disease.

FistOfThe North
Here's to a cure.

Robtard
Someone needs to inform Africa of the good news.

FistOfThe North
Someone needs to inform Africa of the good news.

Oh, Robtard.

Such the ever enchanting mind. Tell me, what's it like being you?

Mindset
While they're wasting time and money on this, we still don't have jetpacks.

FistOfThe North
While they're wasting time and money on this, we still don't have jetpacks.

I know you're joking, I think, but if you weren't why would you think this'd be a waste?

Mindset
I am joking, and contained within my joke is the answer to your question.

FistOfThe North
No, I was asking what your answer would've been if you weren't joking.

Robtard
Oh, Robtard.

Such the ever enchanting mind. Tell me, what's it like being you?

It's pretty awesome. Like a bacon-wrapped steak covered in hundred dolla bills, yo.

Mindset
No, I was asking what your answer would've been if you weren't joking. But I was joking so there isn't an answer to your question, you see, because I was joking...

Robtard
But I was joking so there isn't an answer to your question, you see, because I was joking...

Just answering the ****ing question dodger! Why do you hate Africa!?

Raisen
I read this thread and I said F it and started having unprotected sex. I now have HIV. I'm going to be OK right?

FistOfThe North
It's pretty awesome. Like a bacon-wrapped steak covered in hundred dolla bills, yo.

Very nice. And I still see that subtly's still a strong part of your repertoire.

FistOfThe North
But I was joking so there isn't an answer to your question, you see, because I was joking...

So, all jokes aside, what do you think about the news?

Mindset
Well, they probably had the cure the moment the government created hiv to kill black people.

focus4chumps
...and homosexuals. cant forget them.

Ascendancy
Indeed. Black people and those who have sex with them were just a side benefit. Homersexuals were the target from the beginning.

focus4chumps
what if the intended target was actually men who like having sex with chimpanzees?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by focus4chumps
what if the intended target was actually men who like having sex with chimpanzees?

Then the focus for chimps and gay men would've increased and monitored. cause we can have homosexual hominoids running around rapin' every man now, can we.

focus4chumps
focus for chimps

i see what you did there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.