Surfer/Thor vs HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No bfr.

Who win? Fight take place on a indestructible planet.

Starscream M
nice spite thread lol

carver9
Why is it spite? Who do you think would win.?

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Why is it spite? Who do you think would win.? why is it spite? do you even know who HP Doomsday is?

Thor and Silver Surfer don't stand a chance in hell of doing anything other than to entertain HP DD for a few brief minutes before he ends them

SamZED
What's so different about hp DD? Serious question. When you said spite I thought you mean it the other way around.

carver9
That's what I thought as well.

Zack Fair
Surfer and Thor have the tools to come up with some way to put Doomsday down. However they better think fast before they become bloodstains in Doomsday's fists IMO.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Surfer Thor have the tools to come up with some way to put Doomsday down. However they better think fast before they become bloodstains in Doomsday's fists.
No he doesn't DD has shown to be able to evolve against those kind of attacks

@carver9 He basically beat DS in 5 hits. Beat an sundipped Superman (not sure at what level)

Starscream M
Originally posted by SamZED
What's so different about hp DD? Serious question. When you said spite I thought you mean it the other way around. he adapts on the fly

he's durable enough to laugh off Darkseid's omega beams

he's evolved to the point where he could physically kill beings of pure energy

he could shoot bone spurs fast enough to catch superman and deadly enough to cut superman through the bone like butter

Zack Fair
Originally posted by xJLxKing

@carver9 He basically beat DS in 5 hits. Beat an sundipped Superman (not sure at what level)

A godblast will put Doomsday down.

That counts as a win here.

Having said that he will probably resurrect and evolve, so it won't be usable again. So yeah.

carver9

When did he beat a sundipped Superman or even fought?

I thought that wasn't the true Darkseid? An avatar?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
he adapts on the fly

he's durable enough to laugh off Darkseid's omega beams

he's evolved to the point where he could physically kill beings of pure energy

he could shoot bone spurs fast enough to catch superman and deadly enough to cut superman through the bone like butter please recognize how piss poor those comics were and how horribly superman performed against him, first.

JakeTheBank
Using their average or lower showings and how they normally fight, HP Doomsday would probably beat the duo down.

At their respective bests, it's a different story, imo.

Starscream M
A godblast will put Doomsday down.

That counts as a win here.

Having said that he will probably resurrect and evolve, so it won't be usable again. So yeah. lol at you thinking a godblast has a chance in hell of hitting someone as fast as doomsday

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Using their average or lower showings and how they normally fight, HP Doomsday would probably beat the duo down.

At their respective bests, it's a different story, imo. no jake, at their respective bests, its still the same story.

Zack Fair
lol at you thinking a godblast has a chance in hell of hitting someone as fast as doomsday LOL Doomsday is a brute. He will run/dash/fly/whatever right into it.

Starscream M
LOL Doomsday is a brute. He will run/dash/fly/whatever right into it. go back to watching anime, you clearly haven't a clue about comics

Zack Fair
Seriously?

leonidas
dd wins. i don't see anyway for them to put him down tbh. gb or no. the only way is bfr which is an option for either. staying and fighting it out both would die, like superman and waverider would have.

Starscream M
Seriously? yah, unless you were just trolling? confused

JakeTheBank
no jake, at their respective bests, its still the same story.

At their best portrayals, they would win given the scope of their feats.

At their average or lower portrayals, Doomsday would run through them.

Starscream M
Originally posted by leonidas
dd wins. i don't see anyway for them to put him down tbh. gb or no. the only way is bfr which is an option for either. staying and fighting it out both would die, like superman and waverider would have. jakethebank begs to differ no expression

leonidas
jakethebank begs to differ no expression

and, though i disagree, that's his prerogative.

Zack Fair
yah, unless you were just trolling? confused I wasn't trolling, but what is with the attitude?

It is true Thor can't just instant Godblast(as far as I know anyway) but he isn't fighting Doomsday alone. Surfer is also in the fight and he can definitely distract DD long enough.

Besides I did say Doomsday most likely wins, so what gives?

JakeTheBank
jakethebank begs to differ no expression

That's my opinion and Leo is certainly entitled to his. Doesn't mean I can't be cordial to him and vice versa.

JakeTheBank
I wasn't trolling, but what is with the attitude?

It is true Thor can't just instant Godblast(as far as I know anyway) but he isn't fighting Doomsday alone. Surfer is also in the fight and he can definitely distract DD long enough.

Besides I did say Doomsday most likely wins, so what gives?

You'll have to forgive Bruce. He has a condition.

Anyway, Thor's Godblast isn't some slow charging attack. He can - and has - release that energy from Mjolnir instantly as fast as any other attack.

thumb up

leonidas
That's my opinion and Leo is certainly entitled to his. Doesn't mean I can't be cordial to him and vice versa.

it pains me a little that that even needs to be said.....some things are/should be just understood.

JakeTheBank
it pains me a little that that even needs to be said.....some things are/should be just understood.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

xJLxKing
These is this weird trend Thor loyalist just say GOD BLAST. I Guess Superman just uses the same ability like he did on DS all day in every fight.

psycho gundam
dd wins. i don't see anyway for them to put him down tbh. gb or no. the only way is bfr which is an option for either. staying and fighting it out both would die, like superman and waverider would have. thor would have done better than superman w/gear did, and waverider really didn't do shit but provide exposition during the fight.
superman's idea of versatility during that fight was a little more heat vision, but inevitably he went back to his bread and butter and got stomped out, and that's even after starting off saying he shouldn't fight him straight up.

Zack Fair
These is this weird trend Thor loyalist just say GOD BLAST. I Guess Superman just uses the same ability like he did on DS all day in every fight. http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/sites/default/files/1828219-i_say_thee_nay.jpg

Whats the problem with mentioning a powerful attack Thor has used several times? An attack that has hurt beings superior to Doomsday and will be useful/needed against this particular opponent. No one is saying Thor will open with the godblast nor that he will go for it 10 times out of 10 fights. However the godblast is to be noted.

xJLxKing
http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/sites/default/files/1828219-i_say_thee_nay.jpg

Whats the problem with mentioning a powerful attack Thor has used several times? An attack that has hurt beings superior to Doomsday and will be useful/needed against this particular opponent. No one is saying Thor will open with the godblast nor that he will go for it 10 times out of 10 fights. However the godblast is to be noted. How many times has he used it in his history of what 60 years?

Zack Fair
Enough to be considered a viable IC option when push comes to shove? But I ain't no Thorbag, so I'll let the Thor corps answer that.

SamZED
Just to clarify... Thorbag - any Thor fan who hasnt given up on Thor after all he's been through over the last few months? Im asking because this term popped up quite recently.

Galan007
Hm, that does make me curious... When was the last time Thor used an actual Godblast?

Sundipped
Just to clarify... Thorbag - any Thor fan who hasnt given up on Thor after all he's been through over the last few months? Im asking because this term popped up quite recently.

Where you been Sam? The term Thorbag has been around for at least a couple years. Definitions may vary tho.

For this thread:
Surfer gets the same thing Radiant got.
Thor gets the same thing Superman got.
Not looking too good for the team.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Galan007
Hm, that does make me curious... When was the last time Thor used an actual Godblast?

When he crippled Zelia.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir181-Godblastv212.jpg

In 1999.

However he mentioned it much more recently in Astonishing Thor

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43563/1735806-thor.jpg

and there are arguments going around that he may have used it against Galactus in his annual, though I disagree that it was a godblast

Thor hasn't really had any terrible low showings lately...he's been treated a lot better than he was in 2012

Galan007
The very recent scan from AT solidifies it for me. A Godblast should still be considered 'in character' for Thor.

Starscream M
The very recent scan from AT solidifies it for me. A Godblast should still be considered 'in character' for Thor. it is.

my problem isn't that thor isn't likely to use it, its that it is not a valid mean of attack against a speedy opponent.

thor has pretty much only used the godblast against stationary opponents, never one in motion, as he has to charge it up

the Darkone
And the last time Thor used it was last year in Thor Annual 2012 against Scier, Galactus and the Other.

Thor used a God blast on speedster n Gladiator, and it jacked Gladiator up.

xJLxKing
The very recent scan from AT solidifies it for me. A Godblast should still be considered 'in character' for Thor. How do you consider it incharacter when he only used it back in 1999, and mentioning it once after?

leonidas
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor would have done better than superman w/gear did, and waverider really didn't do shit but provide exposition during the fight.
superman's idea of versatility during that fight was a little more heat vision, but inevitably he went back to his bread and butter and got stomped out, and that's even after starting off saying he shouldn't fight him straight up.

naturally, you're entitled to your opinion, but i'd disagree with this as well. thor could bfr, but storms ain't cutting it here, even the biggest thor could call, imo, nor are the other typical powers thor uses. gb wouldn't get it done imo (and it's his biggest gun) even if we ignore dd using speed to make the gb viable in the first place. i don't think matter manip would bother dd, nor would high yield energy. ds's OE has shown ALL those abilities yet he was terrified of dd. waverider provided exposition BECAUSE he knew he couldn't do jacksh!t to dd. you can suggest he and ds and even supes jobbed, but it was pretty clear throughout the story that dd was just too damn powerful for all THREE of those guys. and that's forgetting the fact that dude killed hundreds of gls in one go, and even the resulting energy from the death of a guardian could only bfr him.

like i said, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but in this case i'll humble disagree. having the ability to kill a guardian (easily) and wiping out ds, supes and waverider as he did tells me he is WELL above the combo of these 2, regardless of what showings you call into play.

Starscream M
your politeness is nauseating, leo no expression

leonidas
your politeness is nauseating, leo no expression

lol

i always try to be polite around here. it doesn't always happen and when i'm not it's usually because someone is being an a$$hole. no one around here has acted that way--at least not to me, so.....why wouldn't i be polite? confused

Nibedicus
One question, can this version of Doomsday fly?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Nibedicus
One question, can this version of Doomsday fly? Hold on, let me guess... If he can't, Thor and SS stay to the air? Right laughing out loud

Nibedicus
Hold on, let me guess... If he can't, Thor and SS stay to the air? Right laughing out loud

Well, answer the question. stick out tongue

Rao Kal El
I was going to say Waverider/Superman combo, but I am late.

I agree whoever is not an unpolite @$$hole cannot call himself a kmcer big grin

Nibedicus
Well, based on OP stips, indestructible planet, what's to stop Surfer from simply phasing or Thor TPing DD INTO the planet, trapping him ftw?

xJLxKing
Well, based on OP stips, indestructible planet, what's to stop Surfer from simply phasing or Thor TPing DD INTO the planet, trapping him ftw? clawing out roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nibedicus
clawing out roll eyes (sarcastic)

indestructible planet per stip.

leonidas
Well, based on OP stips, indestructible planet, what's to stop Surfer from simply phasing or Thor TPing DD INTO the planet, trapping him ftw?

that's pretty much a bfr imo if such a thing is possible at all.

Nibedicus
that's pretty much a bfr imo if such a thing is possible at all.

It's more of an incapacitation than a BFR, imo.

-Pr-
Shut up Bruce; it's not spite.

Diesldude
Would phasing work if the planet is indestructible?

operator616
edit

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by operator616
everything burns story arc depicts surtur as being at least a universal threat, i think that should be enough to end this battle. you betcha thumb up

Badabing
nice spite thread lol You are about on your last chance. If you think a thread is spite then report it or PM a mod. I better not see you backseat mod, troll, flame bait, spam or break any other rules.

operator616
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
you betcha thumb up

i didn't read the title correct, i thought i was surtur instead of surfer.

psycho gundam
your politeness is nauseating, leo no expression leo knows not to bite the hand that feeds

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/jtj_zps5c416c22.jpg

abhilegend
DD wins.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
DD wins... ... an incredibly energetic, Double-High-Herald, magic/pc combination bfr-mattermanip, ampu-teleportation.

I like DD and would give him a chance against just about anybody, but no way can he beat both of these guys in any scenario.

Surfer and Thor can do almost ANYTHING they want to do.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Horrificus
... an incredibly energetic, Double-High-Herald, magic/pc combination bfr-mattermanip, ampu-teleportation.

I like DD and would give him a chance against just about anybody, but no way can he beat both of these guys in any scenario.

Surfer and Thor can do almost ANYTHING they want to do.
confused
So Superman + huge amp loses
Takes a hit from Omega Beam
Being able to shoot bones that puncture Superman (Who is more durable than thor)
Evolves immunity on the go
Beats DS in 4 hits.

And you are telling me Thor and them have more durability? Yeah right wink

leonidas
leo knows not to bite the hand that feeds

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/jtj_zps5c416c22.jpg

yes

curryman

So Superman + huge amp loses
Takes a hit from Omega Beam
Being able to shoot bones that puncture Superman (Who is more durable than thor)
Evolves immunity on the go
Beats DS in 4 hits.

"huge amp"
Which took him down for some time.
Okay, we would assume that Doomsday can hurt people and puncture Superman's skin.
Not on the go...
DS Avatar.

TheHulk
Spilt or edge to H/P Doomsday.

MF DELPH
I actually think Thor and Surfer win. H/P Doomsday, while powerful, has a power based on a biochemical process (reactive evolution), and Surfer has already shown the ability to control the evolutionary process himself. Doomsday doesn't perform the evolutions by force of will and they are completely spontaneous and reactionary so I doubt he'd be able to consciously and willingly combat Surfer manipulating the changes to his biochemistry, or halting the processes outright. Once the evolutions are neutralized it becomes a downhill battle for the team.

Naija boy
Surfer and thor win

Galan007
How do you consider it incharacter when he only used it back in 1999, and mentioning it once after? Because he mentioned that it was still well within his ability to unleashed a Godblast in the AT scan. I doubt very highly that he was speaking in hyperbole to himself in a verbalized-thought.

curryman
Because he mentioned that it was still well within his ability to unleashed a Godblast in the AT scan. I doubt very highly that he was speaking in hyperbole to himself in a verbalized-thought.

You don't get it.

Thor didn't godblast the bank-robbers man.

If he's not slinging godblasts left and right against people who aren't threats, then how can it be in his character? right? smile

xJLxKing
Because he mentioned that it was still well within his ability to unleashed a Godblast in the AT scan. I doubt very highly that he was speaking in hyperbole to himself in a verbalized-thought.
Well, no one is questing whether or not it's within his powerset. However, is it in character that he does it. The fact that it did it 2 times in the last 13 years should mean something. It's like someone claiming that Superman will use that anti-vibration sound thingy he did against DS on enemies. evil face

vince_slice
*cough recent Thor Annual.

guy222
team takes it

carver9
Good to see you back guy.

Digi
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I actually think Thor and Surfer win. H/P Doomsday, while powerful, has a power based on a biochemical process (reactive evolution), and Surfer has already shown the ability to control the evolutionary process himself. Doomsday doesn't perform the evolutions by force of will and they are completely spontaneous and reactionary so I doubt he'd be able to consciously and willingly combat Surfer manipulating the changes to his biochemistry, or halting the processes outright. Once the evolutions are neutralized it becomes a downhill battle for the team.

thumb up

I like this. It's the only post that has considered something other than the relative merits of the characters smacking each other around with their least subtle attacks.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by curryman
"huge amp"
Which took him down for some time.
Okay, we would assume that Doomsday can hurt people and puncture Superman's skin.
Not on the go...
DS Avatar.

1) During Hunter/Prey, Superman was already seeing a power increase that eventually led to that whole Kryptonite X Overload storyline; so much of an increase that he even surprised himself by how well he did against Lobo. Additionally, it's stated in H/P that the suit mother box generated increased his native strengths- so yes, that's sounds like a sizable amp
2) I think the point here is that DD can hurt this team, which should be apparent without the need to argue.
3) When Supes hit DD with the sonic gun, DD's auditory canals adapted on the fly while the gun was hitting him
4) Darkseid's appearance in H/P was eventually dismissed as being merely an avatar.

celeyhyga17
Love Thor like Surfer, but HPDD edges this duo on the regs.
Team can take wins through exotics (ie godblasts blah blah), but they should lose more often than not cause HPDD was portrayed beyond heralds. This dude beastly.

TheGodKiller
Doomsday wins.

psycho gundam
yes http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/8yrk_zpsab60028c.jpg

leonidas
laughing out loud

now, why did i ever partner up with you again? no expression

Odekahn
At their best portrayals, they would win given the scope of their feats.

At their average or lower portrayals, Doomsday would run through them.

zeel
Originally posted by MF DELPH

surfer has cosmic awareness so prolly already knows a lot about DD.

Doomsday is the only combatant on the field incapeably of flying. Thor and surfur can win but it wil be through exotic means they will not be able to fight him hand to hand. A jacked up supes couldn't due and if he cant theses dudes are not.

DD wins 10/10 via hand to hand but the team can possibly win through exotic means.

Diesldude
DD wins easy. You have to see DS's feats in that hunter/prey arc to appreciate what a beast DD was.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by vince_slice
*cough recent Thor Annual.
Most Thor fans dispute the nature of the attack used in that comic, so good luck trying to convince others of it.

DTM
It was proven on panel that HP Doomsday > Superman + Orion + Martian Manhunter (which to me is > Thor + Silver Surfer). Not to mention HP DD ripped Darkseid apart. Removing the BFR option means HP Doomsday wins here.

Sixth_Winged
The team is more than capable of killing him off permanently. The problem with the fools DD fought in the past is that they leave the body alone right after they killed it.

1. Thor godlbasts him to death.
2. Silver Surfer transmutes his atoms to other non organic matter.

Yeah let's pretend DD could revert back to his actual self after getting his dna makeup changed.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by DTM
It was proven on panel that HP Doomsday > Superman + Orion + Martian Manhunter (which to me is > Thor + Silver Surfer). Not to mention HP DD ripped Darkseid apart. Removing the BFR option means HP Doomsday wins here.

From what I remember, Darkseid was taken down by a sucker shot from turning his back from Doomsday. Sure Doomsday adapted from Darkseid's blast, but the omega beams weren't set to maximum setting and Darkseid's downside in that arc was that the writer's ignore relative durability comparison between him and Superman (whereas superman would probably took that sucker shot better while Darkseid went down like a weak feeb).

Would totally be a different scenario should Darkseid not underestimated him after Doomsday fell.

DTM
Darkseid had met Doomsday before HP, so hes a fool for dismissing him so easily during HP, not to mention Doomsday survived an Omega Blast relatively unharmed, but he also ripped Darkseid to pieces within seconds. This team will get in their good shots, but HP Doomsday has already beaten more powerful teams than Surfer and Thor, rather handily at that.

psycho gundam
laughing out loud

now, why did i ever partner up with you again? no expression http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/pulp_fiction_jules_zps7123a8a8.jpg

"The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."

Philosophía
Because he mentioned that it was still well within his ability to unleashed a Godblast in the AT scan. I doubt very highly that he was speaking in hyperbole to himself in a verbalized-thought. I'm going to remember this --

So you're saying that doing something last in 1999, then mentioning it passingly once again in more than a decade, is enough to consider an ability that is usable and very much in character for a forum fight?

Then, you'd certainly agree that, say, Superman blitzes Thor, 10/10, no?

That question goes for the Thor fans, too. smile

Fun fact: Superman used T-Vo more times than Thor used the Godblast. And more recently done so, too.

How about that?

----

As for the thread - Doomsday stomps the ever living shit out of them, and it's not even close.

curryman

Philosophía
Do you think Thor's lost the ability to do the godblast? No. But it has a funny way of being 'averaged' on the forum - the more underpowered/optionless Thor is against a character, the more its being used!

Nevermind averaging out its logistics - which takes us in a whole other discussion.

curryman

Philosophía
That's sort of the point tho isn't it? You can't be upset that people bring a up a character's last resort move the more he is at a disadvantage. The key here is 'last resort move'. Thor won't use it from the start, and chances are, given his 'average' use of the goblast when confronting overpowering enemies, that he won't use it anywhere near singificantly enough throughout the fight itself to matter, either

The main problems are:
a). Doomsday has already encountered skyfathers who start off with their ultimate attack against him , and he has wiped the floor with them.
b). If you don't start with the ultimate attack against him , then he can and will make short work of you in moments.
c). In the 1/20 times Thor does use the godblast, there is a high probability that he will either miss, or won't have the time to charge it in the first place.

curryman

Philosophía
a) I didn't know all of the lesser darkseid's had an equally powerful OB.
b) I don't think it would work in this fight.
c) In this fight, most likely. a). Lesser Darkseid?
b). thumb up
c). thumb up

curryman

Philosophía
Thinking about the Avatars.

Guess it doesn't matter when this one's beams were strong enough to kill Henshaw. The one in H/P wasn't an avatar.

curryman

Philosophía
Well it wasn't the real Darkseid. It was as 'real' as real Darkseid gets, baring Final Crisis.

curryman

Philosophía
Yeah but Countdown, DOTNG and Morrison pretty much set that whole nonsense straight. They didn't really. As far as the DC Universe is concerned, we have the 'real' Darkseid of the DC Universe (i.e. the one from Crisis on Infinite Earths, H/P Doomsday, Our Worlds at War etc.), his projections/avatars/Desaad impersonations, and then there's the version of Darkseid and the New Gods where they're platonic ideas of evil, knowledge, war etc. existing on an upper dimension, not very much unlike the Monitors.

But as far as the 'physical' interactions with the superheroes go, the H/P Doomsday is the 'true' Darkseid, and not an avatar or impersonation.

curryman

TheGodKiller

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Thor did fire one in the 2012 Mighty Thot Annual against Galactus, Scrier and the Other. It's a different thing that Thor fans are unconvinced of the nature of the attack because of the differing procedure in which it was fired, but it was a Godblast nevertheless.

Which is more recent than Superman's most recent T-Vo, I presume.
I know he wad about to GB Ego in 2011 and got stopped by The Stranger, but I keep seeing this particular instance being brought up. Gonna reread dat shiet cause it doesnt ring a bell.

Estacado
Well Wave Rider and an amped Superman failed in the same fight.......

Naija boy
Surfer and Thor win

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Estacado
Well Wave Rider and an amped Superman failed in the same fight....... fighting poorly tends to do that

Estacado
Coming from a Hulk fan that is kinda lulz worthy since the whole Wwh arc had poor fighting in it....haermm

celeyhyga17
Coming from a Hulk fan that is kinda lulz worthy since the whole Wwh arc had poor fighting in it....haermm
laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Coming from a Hulk fan that is kinda lulz worthy since the whole Wwh arc had poor fighting in it....haermm go find some "bad fighting" in the arc and we can go over it in more detail smile

anyway, nice parry, though. you tried to pass off a horrible performance as some kind of irrefutable defense of doomsday's formidably when it's just inverse ninja law in that instance. waverider watched superman get outmaneuvered by in all accounts, a retarded animal, so they were barely a duo. i retract the "dynamic duo" tag

Estacado
go find some "bad fighting" in the arc and we can go over it in more detail smile

anyway, nice parry, though. you tried to pass off a horrible performance as some kind of irrefutable defense of doomsday's formidably when it's just inverse ninja law in that instance. waverider watched superman get outmaneuvered by in all accounts, a retarded animal, so they were barely a duo. i retract the "dynamic duo" tag
How come no one thought about dumping Hulk into another dimension or launching his ass into space again?

Don't answer.....

psycho gundam
How come no one thought about dumping Hulk into another dimension or launching his ass into space again?

Don't answer..... "don't answer" = don't make me defend my foolishness

the question is rhetorical I hope cause only an idiot would think (and not read when it was addressed) that hulk would come back from that even madder than he originally was, regardless of his innocence being confirmed by the illuminati and the goddamn spirit of vengeance itself lol. he's been to other dimensions before, even the microverse and still returned. it's nothing.

even doomsday's barely sentient ass was brought back after the writers were even done with him for a bit. his origin even includes him being dumped into space where he crash lands on earth looking for bertron, then gets tossed into deep space by hank henshaw on a coarse where he "won't" interact with anything, then he even gets dumped into entropy at the end of time...still able to return....

i won't even go into lengths about superboy-prime.

welcome to comics.

Estacado
Great logic....thumb up
In that case no one would resort to BFR because every character that has been BFRd before has came back....Juggernaut,General,Despero..etc
Then they should say "There is no sense in sending him into another dimension because he will come back sooner or later.....okay then we should just let him kick our ass..."

JakeTheBank
Well, in terms of the WWH arc, the Illuminati already felt guilty turning Hulk into "someone else's" problem. Doing that again with how pissed he was would have been pretty un-heroic.

And, tbf, as easy as a BFR should have been, Hulk could have easily just went instant "worldbreaker" and obliterated the planet or a great deal of it before most people could do anything to stop him. That is, of course, barring people like Franklin and shit on Earth.

Damborgson
Or they could have sent him floating into empty space.

http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/files/2013/01/animated-shrug-house.gif

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Damborgson
Or they could have sent him floating into empty space. space in comics isn't empty. some alien will inevitably find and decide to use him as a tool, or he'll be pulled by some gravitational body and make his way back.

this is a doomsday thread and that didn't cross your minds? Originally posted by Estacado
Great logic....thumb up
In that case no one would resort to BFR because every character that has been BFRd before has came back....Juggernaut,General,Despero..etc
Then they should say "There is no sense in sending him into another dimension because he will come back sooner or later.....okay then we should just let him kick our ass..." facepalm

Damborgson
space in comics isn't empty. some alien will inevitably find and decide to use him as a tool, or he'll be pulled by some gravitational body and make his way back.

this is a doomsday thread and that didn't cross your minds?

If they were to send him into the empty blackness of space, which yes, still exists in comics, he'd be lightyears away from a collision course with any planet or celestial body.

Thinking some alien is going to see him and drag him onto their ship, is a very "Pak" thing to say.

psycho gundam
did pak write for doomsday?

you guys don't even seem to understand the very characters you debate; it took a murderous robot to toss doomsday into space, the real superman wouldn't even do that. coming back isn't even the first hurdle, the first hurdle is the hero bfr'ing their opponent to begin with. it's a rare tactic that isn't even sound 90% of the time

Damborgson

you guys don't even seem to understand the very characters you debate; it took a murderous robot to toss doomsday into space, the real superman wouldn't even do that.

No, but how us that relevant to what i was saying?
I wasn't debating anything?

psycho gundam
h/p doomsday is the character in this thread and that arc itself starts with this very concept being passed around here utterly failing

is this not sinking in?http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/what_zps0ff50dba.png

Estacado

you guys don't even seem to understand the very characters you debate; it took a murderous robot to toss doomsday into space, the real superman wouldn't even do that. coming back isn't even the first hurdle, the first hurdle is the hero bfr'ing their opponent to begin with. it's a rare tactic that isn't even sound 90% of the time
You missed the part where he tried to BFR but Doomsday was to fast for him during DOS.....In DD Wars and H/P he was also BFR'd

psycho gundam
so bfr doesn't work. go figure.

you originally said that there was a lot of bad fighting along the coarse of wwh, so you clearly meant things aside from bfr. have at it

Damborgson
h/p doomsday is the character in this thread and that arc itself starts with this very concept being passed around here utterly failing

is this not sinking in?http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/what_zps0ff50dba.png

Ah, I see what you're saying.

Without plot to help the character, BFR into the blackness of space is very much an option. Strange could've teleported Hulk into a star for goodness sake or simply teleported him into the middle of this:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3341/3254247653_d40a83777c_b.jpg

Where Hulk would've floated like this:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/InfinityGauntlet5p30.jpg

Until it was time to retrieve him.

You're thinking to inside the box, and using plot too much to help Hulk (go figure). If they had wanted to BFR him, he'd have been BFR'd and that's where he'd have stayed. Whether it be in empty space, or a burning star doesn't really matter. Unless of course a passing group of aliens decided to take a stroll several light years into black space to see what they could find? erm

psycho gundam
can you find an instance where that tactic didn't eventually fall to pieces? he get's teleported back to civilization by the same characters he threatened to kill right before that. hilariously thanos didn't even stay gone for the entire page

yes, comics have plot lawl. are you serious?

Damborgson
can you find an instance where that tactic didn't eventually fall to pieces?

I'm not interested enough to even try to be honest.

Cute thumb up You know exactly what I'm saying.

psycho gundam
I'm not interested enough to even try to be honest.

Cute thumb up You know exactly what I'm saying. thumb up thanks for the thanos scan btw, it was beyond perfect

Damborgson
thumb up thanks for the thanos scan btw, it was beyond perfect

Your welcome.
oh you edited. One sec.

can you find an instance where that tactic didn't eventually fall to pieces? he get's teleported back to civilization by the same characters he threatened to kill right before that. hilariously thanos didn't even stay gone for the entire page

Point = missed. That didn't have to happen at all. It happened because Thanos was going to help battle a bigger threat. Hulk was the threat. He'd stay in place for as long the Illuminati wanted him to stay.

Trying to pass off the tactic as invalid or whatever gibberish your saying because the BFR'd victims don't stay stranded for years at a time or something is pretty ridiculous.

so yeah:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/what_zps0ff50dba.png

Let that sink in instead.

psycho gundam
long story short:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/cah2.jpg

your business here is done, damborgson

when i come back i want to hear from estaculo about the other wwh things he mentioned.

xJLxKing
It's bit weird to hear that Bfr will eventually fall. It is a petty excuse because, eventually a high majority of character will return no matter what method of battlefield removal was used. Why? hello, is called a business. Fact is, sending wwh to space would have been a good plan but the story/author would not allow it.

Damborgson
long story short:

your business here is done, damborgson

when i come back i want to hear from estaculo about the other wwh things he mentioned.

I'm sure acting like there's nothing else to reply to makes you feel special, but what you're doing, it's just running away. You haven't proven your point or...responded to the new post I put up. But if putting up a pic of your fave character and trying to be cute makes you feel like you achieved something maybe I'll try it too:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lru5zc18w41qidrtmo1_500.jpg

Your business here is done, PG.

Later.

psycho gundam
It's bit weird to hear that Bfr will eventually fall. It is a petty excuse because, eventually a high majority of character will return no matter what method of battlefield removal was used. Why? hello, is called a business. Fact is, sending wwh to space would have been a good plan but the story/author would not allow it. umm that's what i'm saying. even in hand picked instances, shit even on the same page as one the character that was banished was recalled immediately cause he was needed, just like how the hulk was.

I'm sure acting like there's nothing else to reply to makes you feel special, but what you're doing, it's just running away. You haven't proven your point or...responded to the new post I put up. But if putting up a pic of your fave character and trying to be cute makes you feel like you achieved something maybe I'll try it too:

Your business here is done, PG.

Later. you're just acting catty now

"we're" not arguing that's why. i understand that you are trying to push that a guy unable to move or teleport in space will be stranded by definition, that's fine, but i am telling you that it's not permanent cause of plot or that the character isn't truly deserving of an indefinite sentence of solitude. it just doesn't happen. i don't even know why you are still on it when someone else just brought it up as a deflection from something more debatable.

xJLxKing
umm that's what i'm saying. even in hand picked instances, shit even on the same page as one the character that was banished was recalled immediately cause he was needed, just like how the hulk was.
Except, there are instances where BFRing of any kind works. Nothing in comics is permanent, so sending WWH into space and leaving him there is just as viable as any other BFR like those done to Superboy-Prime, DD, and many others. Why? Because eventually, every villian, every hero will come despite the fact that they were send to god knows where, or even if they died. That is why WWH was not thrown into space. The story would be stupid confused

psycho gundam
you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit there. you said bfr works but that the guy comes back anyway....

like it or not, plot matters. if it wasn't for bfr wwh wouldn't even have happened so this argument is a mess from conception

xJLxKing
you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit there. you said bfr works but that the guy comes back anyway....
That's not a contradiction. Because whatever method one uses, even death, that character will come back. Thus BFR works, just like death. Regardless, what one does, the character will eventually come back

Damborgson

you're just acting catty now

"we're" not arguing that's why. i understand that you are trying to push that a guy unable to move or teleport in space will be stranded by definition, that's fine, but i am telling you that it's not permanent cause of plot or that the character isn't truly deserving of an indefinite sentence of solitude. it just doesn't happen. i don't even know why you are still on it when someone else just brought it up as a deflection from something more debatable.

You think I'm being catty? thumb up for over sensitivity. There's no spite towards you intended. Sorry if you're taking it that way or if I'm giving that impression....

Yes "we" are. You replied first, and I continued.

I understand that, what you don't seem to understand is that Hulk being put into space isn't a permanent thing. From what I've gathered, you're arguing that BFR simply isn't an option because sooner or later, something will come along and change it. Well no shit. Of course the Illuminati wouldn't just leave the Hulk there and it'd be the end of Hulk. But it is an option and it's one that was intentionally not used in order to keep the story going. Completely understandable. But it was indeed an option that would have been more than viable to get rid of the Hulk. Just like putting him in a star would've been. The plot couldn't have that which is why it's perfectly understandable that it didn't happen, I get that, but as far Hulk getting picked up by some aliens or floating onto some planet, that's just not happening had Strange or the others not wanted it to. In the end it's irrelevant I guess.

I don't care what others are saying. I'm only responding to you. thumb up to whoever brought up a good point or whatever.

TheHulk
*Chuckle* You people are so petty....and tiny......

curryman
It says no BFR, end of discussion.

And BFR did work on Doomsday, twice.

carver9
They tried to bfr Red She Rulk and she punched her way back through dimensions (and Hulk/Banner knew bfring her wouldn't work). BFR isn't an ace in the whole imo, especially against beings like Hulk and Doomsday.

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.