Iron Man vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
From Avengers, t hey didnt get to fight much but I wonder who would win?

FrothByte
Loki wins. Both of them put up a good fight against Thor but the difference is that IM needed a 400% energy boost in order to do so.

Placidity
Iron Man easy.

DARTH POWER
They seemed to have been depicted to be in a similar tier. IM's flight might give him the advantage though.

Newjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki wins. Both of them put up a good fight against Thor but the difference is that IM needed a 400% energy boost in order to do so. IM's suit was getting crushed by Thor's bare hands. A headbutt from Thor sent IM flying and put a dent in his armor.

jaden101
But then capt managed to surprise and annoy Loki with his strength which isn't really colossal. Superhuman yes, but not massively so. There were a lot of problems with avengers in that regard. There's no way capt would've been able to take on IM despite his bluster. Loki and Thor are supposedly quite equal despite Thor being able to take on hulk and loki getting thrown about like a rag doll. Lots of inconsistencies.

Newjak
Originally posted by jaden101
But then capt managed to surprise and annoy Loki with his strength which isn't really colossal. Superhuman yes, but not massively so. There were a lot of problems with avengers in that regard. There's no way capt would've been able to take on IM despite his bluster. Loki and Thor are supposedly quite equal despite Thor being able to take on hulk and loki getting thrown about like a rag doll. Lots of inconsistencies. Somewhat but not that much imo.

Loki pretty much decimated Cap, Cap managed to land one single hit that looked to do anything but Loki was pretty much shown not fazed in the next shot.

Thor is always holding back against Loki. Their fight pretty much mirrored their fight in Thor's movie. They trade blows Loki eventually gets overpowered once Thor decides to end it.

And by the time Hulk decimated Loki, Loki was without his main offensive weapons and had already fought Thor and got blasted by an explosive arrow to the face and dropped quite a distance. I still think Loki should have put up more of a fight against Hulk but the director decided to opt for the comedy option by that moment. It cheapened Loki imo but he was also never meant to be a big bad that could take on the entire team by himself.

Placidity
Loki is a stupid frost giant, you know the ones Thor was smashing around in the first film.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Placidity
Loki is a stupid frost giant, you know the ones Thor was smashing around in the first film.

A stupid frost giant who just happens to be a master of magic.

Placidity
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
A stupid frost giant who just happens to be a master of magic.

How is he a "master" aside from using a staff?

And magic won't save you from a thrashing, as we all know.

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by Newjak
IM's suit was getting crushed by Thor's bare hands. A headbutt from Thor sent IM flying and put a dent in his armor.
That may be true but Thor is a lot stronger then Loki.
How is he a "master" aside from using a staff?

And magic won't save you from a thrashing, as we all know.
Loki has always been a Master of Magic even without the Staff. He didnt have it in the movie Thor yet he still did some pretty nifty things. While Thor is the God of thunger, he can create thunder and lightning like in Avengers to 'Bottle' the wormhole, Loki is the God of Illusion of Mischieves. So of course while Thor is stronger, Loki has the better magic. but as we have come to see Magic doesnt always beat Strength and Tact.

Placidity
All Loki has ever done is create some illusions, hardly a "master". Also apparently there is no such thing as magic... apparently.

DARTH POWER
Loki obviously has strength- treating Cap like he's a kid, durability- surviving the explosion of the rainbow bridge and the fall from Asgard, plus all his Magic.

On top in this he has his staff, which packs a good blast and a good h2h weapon too.

I still think Loki and IM were shown to be in a similar league, but IM has the edge with his flight capabilities.

Placidity
Loki obviously has strength- treating Cap like he's a kid, durability- surviving the explosion of the rainbow bridge and the fall from Asgard

So are you saying Loki is strong because of his magic?

Scarlet Fox
All of this has no actual merit to the question at hand.

Loki and Ironman, both from Avengers film, against each other.

Loki has the staff which makes him more powerful. There was no 'He was blown up by hawkeye and smashed by hulk before he fought Ironman' this is one on one.

Wether or not Magic actually exists holds no merit to the fact in the Marvel Universe, It Does.

So I would ask that you stop trying to Troll the thread by hacking down certain characters when that doesnt matter.

Hulk beat down Loki. Ironman does not have Hulks Strength.

Hawkeye set off an Explosive in Lokis Face. That was a trick in itself and as far as we know IronMan doesnt have that kind of weaponry.

Captain has increased strength but his shield is his main weapon and can repel energy. Loki does not have this ability.

So once again...

Ironman vs Loki...

Placidity
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
All of this has no actual merit to the question at hand.

That's really clever. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Loki and Ironman, both from Avengers film, against each other.

Oh wow, nobody knew that until you told us.

Loki has the staff which makes him more powerful. There was no 'He was blown up by hawkeye and smashed by hulk before he fought Ironman' this is one on one.

Quote where I mentioned this fight would be preceded by Loki being beaten by Hawkeye/Hulk?

Your reading comprehension is less than that of a 5th grader.

Wether or not Magic actually exists holds no merit to the fact in the Marvel Universe, It Does.

I said "apparently". Again reading comprehension fail. Also, it is actually Thor that says magic and science are the same.

So I would ask that you stop trying to Troll the thread by hacking down certain characters when that doesnt matter.

And I would ask you to shut the **** up and slap yourself in the face until you cry.

DARTH POWER
So are you saying Loki is strong because of his magic?

We have no idea of the true source of his strength? Was he ever amped by Odin? Odin clearly did make some changes to him physically so he wouldn't be recognised as a Frost Giant.

Either way he has strength and durability feats. Pretty impressive ones at that.

Silent Master
Thor is right, magic and science are the same thing.

Definition of science

1 : the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding

2 a : a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study <the science of theology>

b : something (as a sport or technique) that may be studied or learned like systematized knowledge <have it down to a science>

Robtard
Iron Man FTW:

Stronger
Faster
More powerful weapons
Flight
Genius
Billionaire
Playboy
Philanthropist.

Newjak
We have no idea of the true source of his strength? Was he ever amped by Odin? Odin clearly did make some changes to him physically so he wouldn't be recognised as a Frost Giant.

Either way he has strength and durability feats. Pretty impressive ones at that. I don't think Odin did anything to Loki, as we saw in Thor Loki self transformed to look Asgardian as a baby when Odin touched him.

He isn't the same as a normal Frost Giant.

the ninjak
Movie Marvel characters are pretty inconsistent in regards to their durability when weighed against other threats.

-Ironman in his original film copped a blast from air bombardment and fell to the ground only to rise a little worse for wear. A huge feat considering the man inside should have been shattered. Loki survived an explosive arrow that did nothing more than destroy his ship.

-Ironman hit Loki with a repulsor beam and Loki fell from the force but wasn't harmed.
-In Ironman 3 He shoots an Extremis soldier in the face and the soldier falls. His healing factor kicked in after a few minutes but it showed the level of damage an Extremis soldier can take.

-Later in that film Extremis soldiers were tearing off parts of many Ironman armors with little restraint. Without needing to push their bodies to 3000 degrees like Killian was

-Loki tangled with Thor pretty well in the two films. Even getting slight moments of overpowering feats. Like the Stark Tower fight. Showing he does have the strength (although not as powerful as Thor's in the long run) to tangle with Ironman in a H2H battle.

-Ironman has the advantage of flight and ranged attacks. But a non gimped Loki can create many illusions and throw energized daggers that can kill Frost Giants instantly and has a feat of a dagger that sliced right into Thor himself. Plus Loki has the staff.

In the end Loki has shown to be non-harmed by Repulsor blasts. And strength and skill feats to tangle with Thor.
Has ranged attacks that should be able to compromise Starks armor and illusions to help him achieve such strikes.
He also has mental feats of making his victim feel overwhelmed and aggressive which should work wonders on Stark considering in IM3 Stark is having massive anxiety attacks.

Loki was gimped in Avengers. He has the tools to defeat Stark whereas Tony doesn't have the tools to kill or KO Loki. Loki was still conscious after Hulk's battering (that Loki simply allowed to happen).

Loki wins this fight. Tony needs more upgrades.

ares834
Originally posted by the ninjak
-Ironman hit Loki with a repulsor beam and Loki fell from the force but wasn't harmed.
-In Ironman 3 He shoots an Extremis soldier in the face and the soldier falls. His healing factor kicked in after a few minutes but it showed the level of damage an Extremis soldier can take.

-Later in that film Extremis soldiers were tearing off parts of many Ironman armors with little restraint. Without needing to push their bodies to 3000 degrees like Killian was

IM's armor is able to take tank rounds and Thor's hammer blows... The armor he was using in IM3 seemed to be noticeably weaker due to the way it assembled. Heck, a semi-truck was able to temporarily destroy one of the suits and the same suit was almost unable to escape from the rubble.

Anyway, as long as IM is using one of his suits from the Avengers he wins this.

the ninjak
Originally posted by ares834
IM's armor is able to take tank rounds and Thor's hammer blows... The armor he was using in IM3 seemed to be noticeably weaker due to the way it assembled. Heck, a semi-truck was able to temporarily destroy one of the suits and the same suit was almost unable to escape from the rubble.

Anyway, as long as IM is using one of his suits from the Avengers he wins this.

More advanced armors were being used during the final battle in IM3. They were being torn apart.

And the suits in the Avengers didn't do anything to hurt Loki. Repulsor blasts just made him fall down due to the force. But he was always fine afterwards.

Tony can't hurt Loki in the long run whilst Loki has the tools to hurt Ironman.

Loki wins this.

Robtard
Tony can't hurt Loki in the long run whilst Loki has the tools to hurt Ironman.

Nope:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9877/fail12n.jpg

the ninjak
PIS. He just needed to aim a little higher or lower...or to the right or left.

You get my drift.

Loki had so much knowledge on the Avengers beforehand but didn't know that the glowing sphere of energy in Stark's chest wasn't a biological part of his body?
Cmon!

Robtard
PIS. He just needed to aim a little higher or lower...or to the right or left.

You get my drift.

Loki had so much knowledge on the Avengers beforehand but didn't know that the glowing sphere of energy in Stark's chest wasn't a biological part of his body?
Cmon!

Cos Loki's half a retard and that's the good half. He couldn't even fully control a Swedish scientist. Swedish, dude.

DARTH POWER
. Heck, a semi-truck was able to temporarily destroy one of the suits and the same suit was almost unable to escape from the rubble.

I got the impression that the suits need someone inside to hold together in a more stable fashion.

When the truck hit the Mark 42, it wasn't destroyed, just disassembled. After all didn't the same suit tank missile exlposions in at Stark's mansion eariler?

Robtard
Why are you queers discussing the suits in IM3? It's the ones he had in Avengers.

DARTH POWER
Because I got the hots for the Mark 42. I fight back when my ***** is dissed!

Robtard
All we need to know is that IM's armor can take a thrashing from Thor and Loki's just not powerful enough to do much to it.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
All we need to know is that IM's armor can take a thrashing from Thor and Loki's just not powerful enough to do much to it. You mean the suit Thor was crushing with his bare hands?

Robtard
You mean the suit Thor was crushing with his bare hands?

Yeah, that suit exactly. The one that took a pounding from Thor and was still doing a good job at beating Thor back, despite Thor's obvious superiority.

Loki's not doing shit to it, he's not strong or powerful enough.

Newjak
Yeah, that suit exactly. The one that took a pounding from Thor and was still doing a good job at beating Thor back, despite Thor's obvious superiority.

Loki's not doing shit to it, he's not strong or powerful enough. I'm pretty sure that scene showed how easily Thor could beat Ironman if he wanted to. If Thor can crush IM's suit with his bare hands and dent it with a head-butt, I'm assuming one of his higher powered hammer attacks would obliterate IM.

As for Loki not doing shit, he had weapons that could pierce Asgardian armor. The same armor that IM blasted a few times and did nothing to.

I'm betting a few knives to the head would take IM out pretty easily.

And the Alien weapons were able to knock IM down and damage him some, Loki's spear was more powerful.

FrothByte
Ok let's list a few facts here. Both IM and Loki have fought Thor (and as a rule Thor always holds back so let's not assume Thor was holding back against Loki but not against IM).

Basing from their fights, we can conclude that:

1. Loki is stronger, simply because IM needed a 400% power charge to even match up to Thor whereas Loki just took him head on. Loki also managed to actually hurt Thor. Nothing serious, but still hurt him. All IM was able to do (even at 400%) was irritate Thor.

2. Loki is a better h2h fighter, simply because he was able to get the upperhand on Thor a couple of times without the need to use his magic or ranged attacks. Thor effortlessly dodged a lot of IM's h2h attacks, and IM had to resort to using his weaponry and flight/thrusters in order to properly land hits on Thor. Loki was also able to block and dodge hits from Thor, but Thor was able to land every hit he threw on IM.

3. Loki is more durable than IM's armor. IM got a dent when Thor headbutted him. Loki got elbowed in the face by Thor and was hit by Mjolnir in the chest and didn't even get a bloody nose. Thor's lightning also damaged IM's suit. Same lightning stuns Loki but again no lasting damage.

The only advantage that IM has here is his flight and maneuverability. Strength, skill, durability are all in favor of Loki. Maybe even firepower. IM has more options in weaponry but Loki might have more raw firepower, again basing on the fact that his weapons actually hurt Thor.

Loki's fight against Hulk is a bad example to use in this because a.) IM is not Hulk and b.) Loki wasn't even fighting Hulk. It was a cheap shot. Granted, it was Loki's fault for not paying attention, but it still was a cheap shot and not a proper fight between the two of them.

Loki's fight against Captain America also is a bad example to use here because a.) IM never fought Cap and thus we have no comparison and b.) Loki completely dominated Cap. Cap got in 3 hits which didn't even knock Loki back. Considering that Cap is considered one of the better h2h fighters, it just shows that Loki has some decent h2h skills considering he was able to keep up.

So unless IM gets another 400% charge, I don't see him winning this.

Robtard
I'm pretty sure that scene showed how easily Thor could beat Ironman if he wanted to. If Thor can crush IM's suit with his bare hands and dent it with a head-butt, I'm assuming one of his higher powered hammer attacks would obliterate IM.

As for Loki not doing shit, he had weapons that could pierce Asgardian armor. The same armor that IM blasted a few times and did nothing to.

I'm betting a few knives to the head would take IM out pretty easily.

And the Alien weapons were able to knock IM down and damage him some, Loki's spear was more powerful.

I'm pretty sure that scene also showed hot powerful and durable the IM suit is. It was Thor after all.

He had a little dagger that went in a couple inches. Tony must be shaking.

Nope.

Loki's spear didn't do anything that shows us it would take out Iron Man. He'd have a hard time hitting in the first place with IM flying around and blasting his ass around like a ragdoll.

Newjak
I'm pretty sure that scene also showed hot powerful and durable the IM suit is. It was Thor after all.

He had a little dagger that went in a couple inches. Tony must be shaking.

Nope.

Loki's spear didn't do anything that shows us it would take out Iron Man. He'd have a hard time hitting in the first place with IM flying around and blasting his ass around like a ragdoll. Thor was holding back against both Loki and IM but IM was still more damaged after his fight than Loki was.

A couple of inches while going through two things that are more durable than IM. I imagine if Loki can put a dagger that far into Thor it will go even further into IM. Even if it didn't a few inches into the head or neck would put down a human being.

The spear was able to blast part of a building off, destroy a jet, and blast a helicopter out of the sky. I'm thinking it could do some damage to IM.

I'm not saying it would be an easy fight for Loki but I do think Loki has the means and abilities to put IM down.

Robtard
Thor was holding back against both Loki and IM but IM was still more damaged after his fight than Loki was.

A couple of inches while going through two things that are more durable than IM. I imagine if Loki can put a dagger that far into Thor it will go even further into IM. Even if it didn't a few inches into the head or neck would put down a human being.

The spear was able to blast part of a building off, destroy a jet, and blast a helicopter out of the sky. I'm thinking it could do some damage to IM.

I'm not saying it would be an easy fight for Loki but I do think Loki has the means and abilities to put IM down.

Because Loki bailed like a little pansy the second Thor grabbed him. He's a coward, Tony isn't.

Speculation. He'd also have to hit first with it. Likely not going to happen.

IM takes a tank shelling and then crashes into the ground from high altitude and suffers little more than some paint damage.

Nah, he's too much of a puff relying on parlor tricks; this is a fight. He loses.

Newjak
Because Loki bailed like a little pansy the second Thor grabbed him. He's a coward, Tony isn't.

IM takes a tank shelling and then crashes into the ground from high altitude and suffers little more than some paint damage.

Nah, he's too much of a puff relying on parlor tricks; this is a fight. He loses. IM gets hit, his armor gets damaged Loki gets hit at worse he has a few scratches on his face.

Considering Loki's skill he could hit IM just fine imo.

And so Loki survived the Bi-Frost explosion without a problem.

Loki took Thor's lightning without getting KOed. Even though IM absorbed Thor's attack anywhere Thor's lightning touched IM's armor was damaged.

The direct comparisons between the fights with Thor don't favor Tony. They show Loki as tougher and with better firepower considering Tony couldn't hurt Thor at all only annoy him.

FrothByte

Nah, he's too much of a puff relying on parlor tricks; this is a fight. He loses.

IM hits Thor with his repulsors. No damage to Thor. Loki stabs Thor with his knife. Thor gets a painful wound. Loki's daggers >> IM's repulsors.

Thor hits Loki with lightning, Loki is stunned but not damaged. Thor hits IM with lightning, IM suit is damaged (though he does get a power up). Still, Loki durability > IM durability.

Loki goes toe to toe with Thor and even gets to hurt him. IM needs a 475% power charge to go toe to toe with Thor and can't seem to properly hurt him. Loki strength > IM strength.

IM has flight and mobility as his advantages. Loki as strength, durability, and fighting skill as his advantages.

DARTH POWER
I think Loki seems physically tougher and is probably more powerful with his Spear BUT if IM can disarm Loki off his spear with a powerful enough blast, then IM can probably take Loki from that point.

Remember IM disarmed Thor off Mjolnir a couple of times (once before the power boost) but unlike Mjolnir I don't think Loki's spear comes back to him at will.

This assuming IM keeps his distance and plays it smart. He'll get killed hand to hand.

FrothByte
I think Loki seems physically tougher and is probably more powerful with his Spear BUT if IM can disarm Loki off his spear with a powerful enough blast, then IM can probably take Loki from that point.

Remember IM disarmed Thor off Mjolnir a couple of times (once before the power boost) but unlike Mjolnir I don't think Loki's spear comes back to him at will.

This assuming IM keeps his distance and plays it smart. He'll get killed hand to hand.

Even without the staff, Loki still has his magical daggers (which seem to appear out of nowhere). If they're strong enough to hurt Thor then I'm pretty sure they're strong enough to damage IM.

It's true though that IM CAN win this if he plays it smart. Keep his distance, fly around and blast Loki into submission. He does have to be careful though, since Loki can recover from his blasts but his suit won't auto-heal incase it's damaged from Loki's daggers or staff.

Then of course, Loki can also play it smart. Take cover inside a building, use his surroundings to negate IM's flight... where is this fight taking place again?

Placidity
Hey guys guys - Iron Man cuts Loki in half with his laser.

Game over man, game over.

FrothByte

We don't have any assurance that lasers will work on Loki. Everything man kade that has been thrown at him didn't work. Bullets, repulsor rays, exploding arrows to the face... they all failed to KO him. After all if normal lasers would work against him, why did SHIELD go to the trouble of making specialized guns to fight asgardians? A gun that again failed to injure Loki.

Of course the laser might still hurt him, but as of now it seems we have more evidence that suggests otherwise.

Kazenji

When did Iron Man use lasers in The Avengers?

i know he used them in Iron Man 2.... but the OP is using The Avengers.

Silent Master
Well, considering that Loki has been hit with Thor's lightning, the Bi-Frost explosion, IM's repulsors and the energy weapon Coulson used; I'm not sure that the lasers would be enough.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji

i know he used them in Iron Man 2.... but the OP is using The Avengers.

He did actually against those big snake ships, when Jarvis says something like "Sir we'll run out of power before we penetrate that hull".

In any case I'm guessing all feats from IM and IM2 would count for Avengers unless Stark decided to downgrade his armour.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Kazenji

Used them twice. One in the climactic battle shown below and prior on the Hellicarrier.

http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/iron-man-fires-laser-avengers-570x320.jpg

NemeBro
Iron Man with an amp did not do as well against Thor as Loki did.

marwash22
Loki got ragdolled by Hulk and suffered what appeared to be a minor pain.

ares834
Yes. Minor.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Iron Man with an amp did not do as well against Thor as Loki did.

Not really. In both fights it appears Thor is holding back and when he finally gets down to business he trashes Loki. As seen when he casually dismisses Loki with a lightning bolt in Thor or when he manhandles Loki in The Avengers. At least, that's what all the Thor fans tell me.

NemeBro
Only Loki actually manages to physically resist Thor.

ares834
Ok...

I don't think anyone said IM was physically stronger than Loki. I certainly did not.

quanchi112
Ok...

I don't think anyone said IM was physically stronger than Loki. I certainly did not. Loki still wins and it's obvious.

focus4chumps
ironman pimpslaps loki for hours, loki absorbs it all and remains undamaged. ironman loses power. loki stomps.

ares834
I'm generally curious where the notion that Iron Man can't hurt Loki comes from. When IM blasts Loki we hear Loki grunt in pain. And that's not even IM's most powerful weapon.

quanchi112
I'm generally curious where the notion that Iron Man can't hurt Loke comes from. When IM blasts Loki we hear Loki grunt in pain. And that's not even IM's most powerful weapon. Hurt; sure. Defeat; not a chance.

focus4chumps
I'm generally curious where the notion that Iron Man can't hurt Loke comes from. When IM blasts Loki we hear Loki grunt in pain. And that's not even IM's most powerful weapon.

i think the hulk proved that loki is indestrutable. tony stark would have been turned to a gelatinous goo inside his armor after that attack.

FrothByte
Originally posted by focus4chumps
ironman pimpslaps loki for hours, loki absorbs it all and remains undamaged. ironman loses power. loki stomps.

I think "pimpslaps" is the wrong term. Shoot Loki around for hours probably, but if IM tries to get into a h2h scuffle then Loki will end up with the upperhand.

ares834
i think the hulk proved that loki is indestrutable. tony stark would have been turned to a gelatinous goo inside his armor after that attack.

Yes, IM likely would have been killed by such an attack. But we literally see Loki being hurt by IM's repulsor beams. So saying he can somehow tank them for hours is rather laughable.

quanchi112
Yes, IM likely would have been killed by such an attack. But we literally see Loki being hurt by IM's repulsor beams. So saying he can somehow tank them for hours is rather laughable. Focus clearly is wrong if he thinks Loki is indestructible.

FrothByte
Yes, IM likely would have been killed by such an attack. But we literally see Loki being hurt by IM's repulsor beams. So saying he can somehow tank them for hours is rather laughable.

No we don't see Loki hurt by the repulsors. IM hits Loki with the repulsors and Loki is launched back. He smiles and puts up his hands in surrender.

Later on Cap says something like, "There's something wrong. Someone who packs that kind of punch doesn't just give up so easily". Paraphrasing, but I know it was something like that.

Later on we find out that Loki actually wanted to be captured so he can trigger Hulk.

So in the end, we don't really know how much the repulsors hurt Loki. We do know that he suffered no damage from it and was even able to smile after being hit.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by quanchi112
Focus clearly is wrong if he thinks Loki is indestructible.

clearly. no evidence needed because you're quanchi. in fact im sure i somehow just conceded.

quanchi112
clearly. no evidence needed because you're quanchi. in fact im sure i somehow just conceded. So since he survived Hulks beat down you jump to indestructible. That's such a far jump without any real evidence to support such a theory.

FrothByte
Just another analogy for everyone to consider:

IM with all of his arsenal was unable to take down one of the chitauri leviathans. Hulk took out a leviathan with a single punch. Hulk slammed Loki multiple times (and slamming someone on the ground with full force is usually stronger than a punch) yet Loki survived without serious injury. Pretty much shows that IM doesn't have what it takes to fully take out Loki.

focus4chumps
So since he survived Hulks beat down you jump to indestructible. That's such a far jump without any real evidence to support such a theory.

oh i see. its not "real" evidence because you don't acknowledge it. well i guess you win again! WOOHOO!!!

quanchi112
oh i see. its not "real" evidence because you don't acknowledge it. well i guess you win again! WOOHOO!!! Loki is tough to beat but to say he's indestructible is nuts. Don't be so nuts.

ares834
No we don't see Loki hurt by the repulsors. IM hits Loki with the repulsors and Loki is launched back. He smiles and puts up his hands in surrender.

We also hear Loki grunt in pain. In other words, he was hurt.

focus4chumps
We also hear Loki grunt in pain. In other words, he was hurt.

loki does a lot of grunting in pain, gets slapped around, and gets beaten down with more blunt force trauma then possibly ever depicted on screen, and yet he keeps getting up doesnt he?

quanchi112
So Loki was somewhat hurt but nowhere near enough to be defeated. I mean why are you even arguing about this ?

ares834
loki does a lot of grunting in pain, gets slapped around, and gets beaten down with more blunt force trauma then possibly ever depicted on screen, and yet he keeps getting up doesnt he?

What's you're point? If a single blast makes makes him grunt; imagine what a hundred or thousand would do. Loki, sure as hell, won't be able to just casually sit there and tank everything Tony can throw at him.

focus4chumps
you sure are making a huge deal over a grunt. i bet he grunts when pooping.

the ninjak
So those on the IM team have no real arguments as to how Stark can put down Loki permanently.
Yet Loki has two methods to put IM down for good with feats that actually back him up.

FrothByte
So those on the IM team have no real arguments as to how Stark can put down Loki permanently.
Yet Loki has two methods to put IM down for good with feats that actually back him up.

Pretty much the same argument on the Loki vs. Hellboy thread. Both Hellboy and IM have the means to hurt Loki and put up a fight, but no means to really take Loki out.

Placidity
Who exactly has the means to take out Loki, I mean physically?

If you choose to take that Hulk scene seriously, he probably didn't even get a scratch (from any attack really), so he is basically invulnerable. What happens when fanboys disregard writing inconsistencies.

Lestov16
xemvuM-uav0

Should note the Hulk attack left his face bleeding

Also, how superhuman is Stark because Loki tossing him through that glass should have killed him on impact and it didn't leave a scratch on him.

focus4chumps

If you choose to take that Hulk scene seriously

most heated and angry arguments in this forum would be nonexistent if people would stop with this childish and petty practice of "that scene doesnt count because i said so".

it was in the film, so it counts. simple as that. deal with it.

if that makes loki (almost?) indestructible, then it is what it is.

Newjak
What's you're point? If a single blast makes makes him grunt; imagine what a hundred or thousand would do. Loki, sure as hell, won't be able to just casually sit there and tank everything Tony can throw at him. Except he wouldn't be just standing there. Loki isn't exactly slow as depicted in his fight with Thor he is quite agile. He could dodge IM's attacks.

Lestov16
He didn't dodge IM's attacks when IM blasted him in Stark Tower

Robtard
2FNn6IlhQtc

the ninjak
2FNn6IlhQtc

Hawkeyes explosive arrow didn't hurt him. And he held that thing to his face.

Pwned!

Supra
I think an anti tank missile is a little more powerful then hawkeyes nifty arrow attack.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Supra
I think an anti tank missile is a little more powerful then hawkeyes nifty arrow attack.

I don't!

Hawkeye's arrow took out a chunk of a Helicarrier's fan engine.

Ironman's just took out a tank.

Why Hawkeye didn't use more of them is up to you and Joss Whedon.

Supra
I don't!

Hawkeye's arrow took out a chunk of a Helicarrier's fan engine.

Ironman's just took out a tank.

Why Hawkeye didn't use more of them is up to you and Joss Whedon.

You realize that was a M1 or M2 Abrams tank he took out with that tiny missile, thats one of the most armored and solid tanks in the world.

If Hawkeye had hit that tank with the same arrow he used on the hellecat it would have done nothing to it. Where talking about thick tank magnesium re enforced by steel armor. The hellecarrier was made to light weight and the fans on it where not up armored like a tank would be.

The missile would not have killed Loki by any means, it would prolly have been the same as him getting hit with the phase 2 destroyer weapon by Phil on the Hellicarrier.

the ninjak
Dude he used an explosive arrow on the Helicarrier.

To argue that the Tank was more durable than one of the outer rims of one of the turbines that kept it airborne is quite simply madness.

Supra

To argue that the Tank was more durable than one of the outer rims of one of the turbines that kept it airborne is quite simply madness.

I used to drive those tanks for a living so I know what they are capable of withstanding. That arrow would not have wrecked the tank like Iron Man did.

focus4chumps
facepalm@pulling rank

Robtard
You realize that was a M1 or M2 Abrams tank he took out with that tiny missile, thats one of the most armored and solid tanks in the world.
Pretty sure that wasn't an Abrams tank. At least I can't see the studio putting America's MBT in the hands of fake Al Qaeda, that's just bad PR.

FrothByte
I used to drive those tanks for a living so I know what they are capable of withstanding. That arrow would not have wrecked the tank like Iron Man did.

Yes but you've never had a chance to drive the hellicarrier so you can't really say that the tank is tougher than the hellicarrier.

In this fictional world of Marvel, SHIELD is supposed to be the topmost, most high-tech military organization in the world. Do you really believe that the standard abrams tank of the US military would be tougher than the numero-uno battleship of SHIELD?

ares834

Not really, no.

Except he wouldn't be just standing there. Loki isn't exactly slow as depicted in his fight with Thor he is quite agile. He could dodge IM's attacks.

That's a fair point. However, with said statement I was refuting the notion that Iron Man would be unable to hurt Loki.

Supra
Pretty sure that wasn't an Abrams tank. At least I can't see the studio putting America's MBT in the hands of fake Al Qaeda, that's just bad PR.

Yet the whole premise of Iron Man 1 was Stark Tech selling weapons to the terrorist Raza and his group of terrorists. So yes they had american weapons.

And it was a Abrams tank, I could spot one from a mile away. Part of my training in the marines.

Supra
Yes but you've never had a chance to drive the hellicarrier so you can't really say that the tank is tougher than the hellicarrier.

In this fictional world of Marvel, SHIELD is supposed to be the topmost, most high-tech military organization in the world. Do you really believe that the standard abrams tank of the US military would be tougher than the numero-uno battleship of SHIELD?

It was not reinforced armor that made up the fans, it was made a light weight metal. As you can tell from the movie.

A tank is made very differently, its supposed to the most compact armored vehicle in the world. An abrams tank can actually shug off t-90 armored shells and keep going.

DARTH POWER
Except he wouldn't be just standing there. Loki isn't exactly slow as depicted in his fight with Thor he is quite agile. He could dodge IM's attacks.

Plus his illusions would make him an ever harder target.

Placidity
Plus his illusions would make him an ever harder target.

Probably wouldn't affect Tony's AI/targeting system.

quanchi112
Probably wouldn't affect Tony's AI/targeting system. Do you actually favor Iron Man here ?

Robtard
Yet the whole premise of Iron Man 1 was Stark Tech selling weapons to the terrorist Raza and his group of terrorists. So yes they had american weapons.

And it was a Abrams tank, I could spot one from a mile away. Part of my training in the marines.

I don't think Stark Enterprises made Abrams Tanks; I'm like 100% sure. The reason the jihadist had Stark ordnance is cos Stane was black market selling them.

LoLz. K.

Supra
I don't think Stark Enterprises made Abrams Tanks; I'm like 100% sure. The reason the jihadist had Stark ordnance is cos Stane was black market selling them.

LoLz. K.

True I did not say stark was selling them tanks. However if we get back to his missle vs. the tank. As I said I'm a tanker in the military. So we learn to identify tanks quickly. And that was no Russian T-90

Look closely at the video and at the picture. You will see its the same tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmhk9CzCW4Y

Robtard
You might actually be correct. That side view does look very Abrams-ish.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5285/tanks.png

Good call thumb up

Supra
You might actually be correct. That side view does look very Abrams-ish.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5285/tanks.png

Good call thumb up

Thanks man!

Supra
So whats the group think, Iron Man or Loki wins?

Lestov16
With his entire arsenal, Iron Man wins

Placidity
Loki's a *****.

quanchi112
Loki's a *****. Still greater than IronMan.

Supra
Originally posted by Lestov16
With his entire arsenal, Iron Man wins

Okay but what does he have to destroy Loki. Loki is bulletproof, can trade blows with Captain America, and Thor with ease. Tank a reflected Tesseract shot off Captains shield. The same weapon blows up cars and trashes Black Widows jet. Then Got hit with the destroyer weapon and tanked that, survived a thrashing by Thor then another thrashing by Hulk..Keep in mind still conscious...hurt but conscious. Then in the end of the movie hes walking around just fine, no Asgaurding healing chamber.

I'm starting to favor Loki now, the iron man suit can break lose power, Loki does not really break from attacks, he tanks them very well.

juggerman
Looking like Loki

FrothByte
Okay but what does he have to destroy Loki. Loki is bulletproof, can trade blows with Captain America, and Thor with ease. Tank a reflected Tesseract shot off Captains shield. The same weapon blows up cars and trashes Black Widows jet. Then Got hit with the destroyer weapon and tanked that, survived a thrashing by Thor then another thrashing by Hulk..Keep in mind still conscious...hurt but conscious. Then in the end of the movie hes walking around just fine, no Asgaurding healing chamber.

I'm starting to favor Loki now, the iron man suit can break lose power, Loki does not really break from attacks, he tanks them very well.

Yup. IM will put up a pretty good fight at first. But as the fight goes on his suit will start getting damaged whereas Loki will just be getting up after each hit. Eventually one of Loki's hits will either damage the armor beyond repair or hit Stark in an exposed area and that would be that.

the ninjak
People still forget Loki's energized daggers. If a simple uncharged dagger can go through Thor.
Imagine what those would do to Stark's Armor.
0:42 he shatters magic ice which proved durable and strong enough to compromise Asgardian durability.
1:27 he throws one into a Frost Giant.

ZJV1L-Vum1E

Loki's a *****.

Not at all.

quanchi112
Loki wins easily.

Darth Martin
Iron Man just has better feats. His suits have withstood tank shells, collisions with an F-22 and the Chitauri serpent ship without sustaining serious damage.

His lasers have cut through everything he's put them up against so far. Not too mention he has the uni-beam, tons of mini-explosives, and an anti-tank missile. He's sustained H2H combat for a short stint with someone who is obviously Loki's physical superior.

I mean his repulsors have floored Loki no problem both times he's fired on him.

Gotta go with Stark.

Newjak
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Iron Man just has better feats. His suits have withstood tank shells, collisions with an F-22 and the Chitauri serpent ship without sustaining serious damage.

His lasers have cut through everything he's put them up against so far. Not too mention he has the uni-beam, tons of mini-explosives, and an anti-tank missile. He's sustained H2H combat for a short stint with someone who is obviously Loki's physical superior.

I mean his repulsors have floored Loki no problem both times he's fired on him.

Gotta go with Stark. The idea of Iron Man having better feats is almost laughable considering how overpowered Asgardian stuff has been so far.

His lasers failed to cut through the Chitauri Leviathan armor which is why he got himself swallowed so he could blow it up from the inside.

Loki has also shaken off both attacks without any visible injury.

Darth Martin
Good point about the laser not being able to pierce the armor. Missed that.

I just don't see Loki as much of a threat. It's not like Iron Man will be on the ground. It'd just be unfair. Loki's only advantage(physical) would be irrelevant.

Newjak

I just don't see Loki as much of a threat. It's not like Iron Man will be on the ground. It'd just be unfair. Loki's only advantage(physical) would be irrelevant. Loki has a a weapon in the staff that should be able to hurt Iron Man and knock him out of the sky, his daggers should be able to pierce the IM armor as well.

Loki is also quick enough to catch an arrow by Hawkeye without problem so his reactions are very good.

Flight is a hard advantage to overcome but I think Loki could put down Tony easier than the other way around.

Lestov16
I'm pretty sure if Iron Man took aim and unleashed his entire arsenal on Loki, the Frost Giant would fall. One of Hawkeye's arrows is not equal to IM's entire armory.

Newjak
I'm pretty sure if Iron Man took aim and unleashed his entire arsenal on Loki, the Frost Giant would fall. One of Hawkeye's arrows is not equal to IM's entire armory. I used the arrow to show his reaction time , if we are talking durability I would mention Loki taking the beating from Hulk and still not being KOed.

The same Hulk whose punch took down a Leviathan, the same type of Leviathans whose armor IM couldn't get through with his best weapon.

Lestov16
An arrow isn't faster than a missile. And if Loki reacts, so what? He's not going to catch a missile in his hands, and even if he does, Iron Man has 10 more heading his way. Iron Man carpet bomb FTW

Newjak
An arrow isn't faster than a missile. And if Loki reacts, so what? He's not going to catch a missile in his hands, and even if he does, Iron Man has 10 more heading his way. Iron Man carpet bomb FTW Considering he basically wasn't looking at the arrow which means he heard it incoming and reacted to it. Do you know how silent arrows are compared to loud weapons? If Loki can hear an arrow coming he's going to know when and where IM is firing missiles from.

He also has his staff to block shoot missiles out of the sky.

I don't think a carpet bomb is going to be more effective than a Hulk onslaught just saying.

quanchi112

I just don't see Loki as much of a threat. It's not like Iron Man will be on the ground. It'd just be unfair. Loki's only advantage(physical) would be irrelevant. Loki wrecks Iron Man. Iron Man isn't a threat to these ashardians aka Thor and Loki at normal power levels. The movie made that clear.

NotAllThatEvil
Quick question, when has loki EVER been beaten into submission? He jumped off the rainbow bridge on his own, allowed himself to be captured, and tanked hulk smash. What has ever actually put him down?

the ninjak
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Quick question, when has loki EVER been beaten into submission? He jumped off the rainbow bridge on his own, allowed himself to be captured, and tanked hulk smash. What has ever actually put him down?

Nothing. He survived the vacuum of space.
Remained conscious after he allowed himself be the victim of a Hulk beatdown.
Tanked an explosive arrow from Hawkeye.
Reflected bullets of his body.
Fought Thor on equal ground a couple of times.

Lestov16
Considering he basically wasn't looking at the arrow which means he heard it incoming and reacted to it. Do you know how silent arrows are compared to loud weapons? If Loki can hear an arrow coming he's going to know when and where IM is firing missiles from.

Doesn't matter since he has no way to dodge them. Also, didn't Phil tag him with the pulse weapon?

He also has his staff to block shoot missiles out of the sky.

So what's going to happen when he's swatting one missile and nine simultaneously land right next to him?

I don't think a carpet bomb is going to be more effective than a Hulk onslaught just saying.

Hulk slamming him into the ground 4 times is not an onslaught, and doesn't outrank the entirety of IM's arsenal. Also, I find it odd he could theoretically tank IM's arsenal, yet was afraid of the SHIELD Hellicarrier Cage dropping him.

Loki wrecks Iron Man. Iron Man isn't a threat to these ashardians aka Thor and Loki at normal power levels. The movie made that clear.

Loki might take IM in a fistfight (only reason Thor beat IM was because he had a flight and hammer advantage, which Loki doesn't). IM with his full arsenal BBQs Loki. And Loki is a Frost Giant, not Asgardian. The movie made that clear.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Quick question, when has loki EVER been beaten into submission? He jumped off the rainbow bridge on his own, allowed himself to be captured, and tanked hulk smash. What has ever actually put him down? Hulk beat him into submission. He just didn't kill him.

Newjak
Doesn't matter since he has no way to dodge them. Also, didn't Phil tag him with the pulse weapon?

So what's going to happen when he's swatting one missile and nine simultaneously land right next to him?

Hulk slamming him into the ground 4 times is not an onslaught, and doesn't outrank the entirety of IM's arsenal. Also, I find it odd he could theoretically tank IM's arsenal, yet was afraid of the SHIELD Hellicarrier Cage dropping him.

Loki might take IM in a fistfight (only reason Thor beat IM was because he had a flight and hammer advantage, which Loki doesn't). IM with his full arsenal BBQs Loki. And Loki is a Frost Giant, not Asgardian. The movie made that clear. Loki thought Phil was done Agent Coulson took Loki by surprise and of course that attack didn't do anything.

Nothing much considering Loki's durability is pretty crazy.

Hulk's power >>>> IM's anyday of the week.

He wasn't afraid off being dropped it was part of his plan to get caught remember.

Loki would destroy IM in a H2H fight

You honestly think the only reason Thor beat IM was because of flight and his hammer? Did you compeltley ignor ethe part where Thor was crushing IM's suit with his bare hands or the fact IM hit Thor with some of his best shots at 400% powers and Thor didn't take any damage at all?

the ninjak
You honestly think the only reason Thor beat IM was because of flight and his hammer? Did you completely ignore the part where Thor was crushing IM's suit with his bare hands or the fact IM hit Thor with some of his best shots at 400% powers and Thor didn't take any damage at all?

Exactly.

Silent Master
Actually, Iron-man was boosted to 475% power during the Thor fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Actually, Iron-man was boosted to 475% power during the Thor fight. From what I recall it was 400 percent not 475.

Newjak
From what I recall it was 400 percent not 475. It was 475% but most times people just throw up 400%

Silent Master
From what I recall it was 400 percent not 475.

IOW, what you've heard on forums since you haven't actually seen the movie.

It was 475%.

the ninjak

It was 475%.

Listening to Jarvis and not seeing the small number in the visor does not equate to someone not watching the movie.

And maybe Tony was originally at 75% and got a 400% boost from Thor.
For arguments sakes. Becoming 475. Who cares!

FrothByte
Jarvis says that the suit was charged to 400% but if you look at the monitor it actually shows 475%. That's the reason for the confusion.

Silent Master
Listening to Jarvis and not seeing the small number in the visor does not equate to someone not watching the movie.

For arguments sakes. Becoming 475. Who cares!

quan has a long history of getting things wrong, this is just another example. I honestly don't think he's seen the movies that he's been trying to debate.

quanchi112
It was 475% but most times people just throw up 400% Are you sure ?

the ninjak
quan has a long history of getting things wrong, this is just another example. I honestly don't think he's seen the movies that he's been trying to debate.

I'm going to use my mystical made-up psychic powers and assure you that he most definitely has seen Avengers.

quanchi112

It was 475%. My recollections are usually always right. This from mr. Horcrux himself. Hoot.

quanchi112

For arguments sakes. Becoming 475. Who cares! If he was at 75 and ended up at 400 wouldn't that be an increase of 325.

Silent Master
My recollections are usually always right. This from mr. Horcrux himself. Hoot.

Ahh, you were wrong about the Horcrux being the soul, it's actually the object that houses the soul.

Silent Master
I'm going to use my mystical made-up psychic powers and assure you that he most definitely has seen Avengers.

Feel free, I just think that the most logical explanation for his numerous mistakes is that he hasn't actually seen the movies.

quanchi112
Ahh, you were wrong about the Horcrux being the soul, it's actually the object that houses the soul. I said the part about you it contains was the soul. It houses it as a vessel. Destroying it releases the soul. You said it has nothing to do with Immortality but that was the point of it proving you never saw the movies.

quanchi112
Feel free, I just think that the most logical explanation for his numerous mistakes is that he hasn't actually seen the movies. So says Mr. Horcrux himself. Irony.

the ninjak
If he was at 75 and ended up at 400 wouldn't that be an increase of 325.

My mathematical skills are uncanny.
Lets just boil this down to Jarvis not being able to count for shit.

Silent Master
I said the part about you it contains was the soul. It houses it as a vessel. Destroying it releases the soul. You said it has nothing to do with Immortality but that was the point of it proving you never saw the movies.

LOL!!!

quanchi112
My mathematical skills are uncanny.
Lets just boil this down to Jarvis not being able to count for shit. Either way it didn't increase by 475 percent so silent master was wrong and I was right just based on my memory.

quanchi112
LOL!!! Concession accepted.

Silent Master
Y1g-B8BJzwc

475%

Look at the display at around 1:18

quanchi112
Y1g-B8BJzwc

475%

Look at the display at around 1:18 It says he has a 400 percent increase. Lol.

FrothByte
My recollections are usually always right. This from mr. Horcrux himself. Hoot.

Don't worry about it. Jarvis clearly states that the power of the suit was increased to 400%. It's just that at the bottom of the screen you actually see the power meter show that it's 475%.

Regardless, 400% or 475% it still matter little. Point is that IM needed a huge power amp just to hang in with Thor whereas Loki does it from the get go.

quanchi112
Don't worry about it. Jarvis clearly states that the power of the suit was increased to 400%. It's just that at the bottom of the screen you actually see the power meter show that it's 475%.

Regardless, 400% or 475% it still matter little. Point is that IM needed a huge power amp just to hang in with Thor whereas Loki does it from the get go. I agree he needed an amp but that his amp wasn't a 475 increase just 400. Sm just put up a video proving me right. He's really amusing.

the ninjak
Tony was no doubt at maybe at 75%.

Thor charges him and Jarvis says power at 400%.

Tony watches the still rising meter reach 475% and says "How about that?" And the fight continues.

Argument over.

quanchi112
Tony was no doubt at maybe at 75%.

Thor charges him and Jarvis says power at 400%.

Tony watches the still rising meter reach 475% and says "How about that?" And the fight continues.

Argument over. So my memory was right over Sm's study of the scene. Awesome.

Darth Martin
Loki has a a weapon in the staff that should be able to hurt Iron Man and knock him out of the sky, his daggers should be able to pierce the IM armor as well. Ehhh, it might be able to pierce his armor but I doubt the staff is that much of a threat as an energy projectile attack. It didn't do much damage to the helicopter Fury was in at the beginning of the film. Iron Man has withstood alot worse.

Newjak
Ehhh, it might be able to pierce his armor but I doubt the staff is that much of a threat as an energy projectile attack. It didn't do much damage to the helicopter Fury was in at the beginning of the film. Iron Man has withstood alot worse. The Chitauri weapons were able to hurt and knock down IM, I'm assuming of course that Loki's staff is a more powerful version of one of those weapons.

I have no doubt Loki's daggers can go through IM's armor as they have already been shown to go through Thor's Asgardian Armor and flesh. Which is more durable than IM's armor.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>