Batman vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Why not?

DC comics Batman (New 52) vs Link from Twilight Princess.

Fight takes place in the main ceremony room of the Thugee cult from Temple of Doom.

Batman and Link start on opposite sides of the lava trench, with Batman being on the side of the statue shrine of Kali.

Link has all of his upgrades, Batman is at full health.

Winner by KO.

ScreamPaste
....haermm

Impediment
I'm bored.

Sue me.

stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Twilight Princess Link is class 100+ with the durability to take an axe to the face from a superhuman with no damage. Soooo, yeaaaaaah...

Batman isn't exactly a normal human, since DC's definition of peak human is warped beyond recognition, but he is way out of his league here.

While a good thematic match, since Link is basically the Batman of gaming with all his gizmoes, a little one sided.

Nephthys
Batman destroys him. Not even trolling.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Nephthys
Batman destroys him. Not even trolling.

Bats would disarm Link and shove his precious MS right in his rectum before Link even knew what was going on.

Nephthys
Fo serious. What happens is that at the start of the fight Batman leaps into the shadows and tosses some knock-out gas at Link. Link might power through it for a time and flail around looking for him, but Bats is ****ing gone and eventually he just keels over.

Even if thats not the case Batman can easily knock Link into the magma pit in the middle of the room. Batman takes on tougher opponents than Link on a weekly basis, this ain't no challenge.

ArtificialGlory
Fo serious. What happens is that at the start of the fight Batman leaps into the shadows and tosses some knock-out gas at Link. Link might power through it for a time and flail around looking for him, but Bats is ****ing gone and eventually he just keels over.

Even if thats not the case Batman can easily knock Link into the magma pit in the middle of the room. Batman takes on tougher opponents than Link on a weekly basis, this ain't no challenge.

I'm sure that Batman could just take Link in a straight-up fight.

NotAllThatEvil
Knock out gass <gale boomerang
Batman judo throw <iron boots
Also batman can't use the master sword.
... I'm honestly torn though.

BruceSkywalker
not even a contest.. link dies

ScreamPaste
Grats, Neph and AG, you've got someone convinced Batman stands a chance here. Do you want your pat on the back now, or later? stick out tongue

The only serious argument for Link losing that could be made is that he accidentally kills Batman and is DQ'd.

NotAllThatEvil
Even TP can't tank lava. Batman is probably smart enough to toss him in.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Even TP can't tank lava. Batman is probably smart enough to toss him in. Unless Link is wearing the Zora armour, he'll crawl back out, mad, and beat Batman retarded.

That's assuming Batman can even knock Link in. (Pro tip, the one carryin roughly 80 tons of equipment (Iron boots, ball and chain, spinner, clawshots, ect.) and with the strength to toss stone giants is not the one who is going to be moved in a grapple. Link could legitimately fold Batman up like a paper airplane and get a good mile of distance with him.

NotAllThatEvil
Doesn't the zora armor make you MORE weak to lava?
Link only sinks wheb wearing the boots, so I don't think the inventory has any affect on his weight. And batman doesn't need to throw him, he has tripping balls and ice pellets if I remember right.

ScreamPaste
Yes, the Zora armour makes you vulnerable to heat. Falling into lava wearing it gives you a gameover. Unless Link is, for some reason, wearing the Zora armour while fighting Batman, if Batman, somehow, tosses Link, who is physically superior to him in every way, and Links many tons of gear, into the lava, he's coming back out, mad. Worse, Batman is going in with him, since Link's grip is too strong for Batman to break.

Ice pellets in a room with a lava trench in it? I don't even know what you mean by tripping balls, bolas? Not strong enough to bind Link's feet together, he'd just snap the cord.

Batman is in a terrible position in this thread. He's on the opposite side of a lava trench from an enemy who is too durable for him to hurt, too heavy for him to move, and who happens to have a ranged weapon that can fire arrows hard enough to destroy diamonds. And none of his available gizmoes are of any use.

At range, Bats dies. Up close, Bats dies.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That's assuming Batman can even knock Link in. (Pro tip, the one carryin roughly 80 tons of equipment (Iron boots, ball and chain, spinner, clawshots, ect.) and with the strength to toss stone giants is not the one who is going to be moved in a grapple.

erm

Hammerspace and you know it.

Link could legitimately fold Batman up like a paper airplane and get a good mile of distance with him.

Yeah, good thing for Link that Batmans never fought anyone physically superior to him oh wait.

NotAllThatEvil
Lava = gameover regardless of tunic.
You knows little marbles that he throws and people trip on, maybe it was just in the cartoon.
Link IS NOT as heavy as his inventory. It's one of the great mysteries of zelda but true.

ScreamPaste
erm

Hammerspace and you know it.

Yeah, good thing for Link that Batmans never fought anyone physically superior to him oh wait. The hammerspace has never been acknowledged, in fact, the opposite is true, it's been pointed out that Link IS carrying all that shit he has, in 1986 this included a ladder.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/Link_LOZ_with_items.png/200px-Link_LOZ_with_items.png

Not that this matters, because unlike Batman, Link would survive. Trying to throw Link in will just get him dragged along and killed. The idea that Batman even survives within sword range is hilarious.

@Your second point: Good thing Batman at least had ways to deal with them, he doesn't have that with Link. He can't hurt Link, he can't incapacitate Link, he can't keep away from Link. His only real option here is to run.

ScreamPaste
Lava = gameover regardless of tunic.
You knows little marbles that he throws and people trip on, maybe it was just in the cartoon.
Link IS NOT as heavy as his inventory. It's one of the great mysteries of zelda but true. No, it does not, it only gives you a gameover if you're wearing the Zora armour.

Edit: Wait, your argument was he tries to get Link to slip on marbles?

NotAllThatEvil
I'm sorry, I thought we were debating TP link, not LoZ/AoL link. You know, the link that came after the iron boots and the use of hammer space.

He may not be able to hurt link on his own, but he has a whole river of hylian cooking lava that would help.

What? Marbles are trippy sad

NotAllThatEvil
Also, lava does GameOver you. I was just playing through the goron mines last week.

ScreamPaste
I'm sorry, I thought we were debating TP link, not LoZ/AoL link. You know, the link that came after the iron boots and the use of hammer space.

He may not be able to hurt link on his own, but he has a whole river of hylian cooking lava that would help.

What? Marbles are trippy sad
K, you think Link has a hammer space, go ahead and make a case for it. I don't honestly care, since it is irrelevant to this thread.

Batman can't get Link into the lava, and even if he could he'd get killed in the process, and Link would not, ergo losing him the match.

Also, lava does GameOver you. I was just playing through the goron mines last week.

It gives you the standard bottomless pit restart at the beginning of the room, Zora armour game overs you with your hand sticking out of the lava all smeagol like.

NotAllThatEvil
... still hurts though.

Your argument was that Bats couldn't throw link because he was to heavy. If batman could get within judo range, he could bake link in the lava.

Nephthys
The hammerspace has never been acknowledged, in fact, the opposite is true, it's been pointed out that Link IS carrying all that shit he has, in 1986 this included a ladder.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/Link_LOZ_with_items.png/200px-Link_LOZ_with_items.png

Not that this matters, because unlike Batman, Link would survive. Trying to throw Link in will just get him dragged along and killed. The idea that Batman even survives within sword range is hilarious.

And yet in cutscenes Link never has any of that shit. erm Remember that the whole point of the Iron Boots is to weigh him down which makes no sense if he already weighs 90 tons.

But if you really want to go that route then fine, Link probably can't move with all that ****ing shit strapped to his body, he's liable to easily overbalance since his equipment weighs so much more than his scrawny frame, and since they're all physical items now at least half are worthless because its too impractical and time consuming to actually change equipment in the middle of battle.

Batman wins easily. thumb up

@Your second point: Good thing Batman at least had ways to deal with them, he doesn't have that with Link. He can't hurt Link, he can't incapacitate Link, he can't keep away from Link. His only real option here is to run.

Batman has ways to beat Link too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, lol, Batmans a ninja. He can keep away from Link for as long as he wants. The guys disappeared in plain view.

it is irrelevant to this thread.

You're the one who brought it up.

ScreamPaste
... still hurts though.

Your argument was that Bats couldn't throw link because he was to heavy. If batman could get within judo range, he could bake link in the lava. Yes, it hurts, but it's not lethal without the Zora armour.

My argument was that it was entirely outside the realm of possibility for many reasons, weight being just one. Strength is another.

Batman grabs Link by the wrist and attempts the Judo throw, but wait, he can't overpower the muscles in Link's pinkie finger, Link does not assume judo thrown position. He just raises his arm and Bats flies clear over his shoulder. Batman is certainly strong enough to lift Link, but actually pulling that off against an opponent much stronger than you is very, very hard. Throwing someone like that, due to the way people are build, requires you to be able to manipulate their body to some degree, something Batman cannot do to Link.

Lets say for some reason Link is feeling generous, and goes with it. Now they're both in lava because Batman can't overpower Link's own grip. (Link conversely can break Batman's arm off by accident.) Link gets burnt, Batman straight up dies.

So the one hope Batman has in this entire scenario to even harm Link is to actively commit suicide and hope Link feels like going with him.

This all assumes he gets past Link's bow, sword, ball and chain, and fists. Let's be clear, never gonna happen. haermm

ScreamPaste
And yet in cutscenes Link never has any of that shit. erm Remember that the whole point of the Iron Boots is to weigh him down which makes no sense if he already weighs 90 tons.

But if you really want to go that route then fine, Link probably can't move with all that ****ing shit strapped to his body, he's liable to easily overbalance since his equipment weighs so much more than his scrawny frame, and since they're all physical items now at least half are worthless because its too impractical and time consuming to actually change equipment in the middle of battle.

Batman wins easily. thumb up

Batman has ways to beat Link too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, lol, Batmans a ninja. He can keep away from Link for as long as he wants. The guys disappeared in plain view.

You're the one who brought it up.
I see you're still ttly nt trllng. Zohnoes, Ninjas. Because Twilight Princess Link can't turn into a wolf and sniff him out? Batman can't even hide from Link. He leaves or he dies.

I brought it up as one of many reasons Batman can't just toss Link into the lava for a win.

NotAllThatEvil
I think this may just be the cartoon again, but didn't he judo throw superman once. A smoke bomb, some trippy balls, a little sneaky sneaky and bats could totally get a decent throw in. Link is strong, but he isn't exactly speedy, is he?

Nephthys
I'm pretty sure Judo throws are more to do with weight and center of gravity than strength. I'm also sure that Batman has tossed much stronger opponents than Link around.

NotAllThatEvil
Because link is Soooooo much stronger as a wolf? wink

Nephthys
I see you're still ttly nt trllng. Zohnoes, Ninjas. Because Twilight Princess Link can't turn into a wolf and sniff him out? Batman can't even hide from Link. He leaves or he dies.

I brought it up as one of many reasons Batman can't just toss Link into the lava for a win.

Wouldn't there be too much smoke and volcanic gases in the air?

But thanks for ignoring most of my post, makes typing it out feel so worth it.

ScreamPaste
I think this may just be the cartoon again, but didn't he judo throw superman once. A smoke bomb, some trippy balls, a little sneaky sneaky and bats could totally get a decent throw in. Link is strong, but he isn't exactly speedy, is he? If Batman has thrown Superman without using specialized tech and krpytonite, I'll eat my hat. Link isn't anywhere close to Superman, but he's far enough above Bats for that comparison to hold true, Batman cannot physically effect him.

A smoke bomb doesn't make Link weak enough for Bats to throw, and Link can disperse it before Bats can safely close. As for his speed, it's debatable. He out swordfights a lightning timer, but Neph there will get supar butthurt if we use that example.
link-rape

Cutscenes give Link the ability to swing his sword at 0.02 of a second or something, though, IIRC. Have to go find the calc again.Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm pretty sure Judo throws are more to do with weight and center of gravity than strength. I'm also sure that Batman has tossed much stronger opponents than Link around. They do require you to be strong enough to manipulate your foes' body, you can't use the weight and leverage needed on someone who you can't force into a position where those assets are available. Imagine trying to judo throw a statue, it doesn't work.

I can't recall Batman having anyone in his rogues gallery who is physically comparable to Link.

ScreamPaste
Because link is Soooooo much stronger as a wolf? wink Plenty strong enough, the gap is so wide it could make Link 1/10th his usual strength and Batman wouldn't notice a difference. >_> I don't think you're grasping how wide the gap is.Originally posted by Nephthys
Wouldn't there be too much smoke and volcanic gases in the air?

But thanks for ignoring most of my post, makes typing it out feel so worth it. I took your assurance on page one that you were not in fact trolling as confirmation that you were.

Nephthys
Except I'm not. Batman can take Link apart for real.

They do require you to be strong enough to manipulate your foes' body, you can't use the weight and leverage needed on someone who you can't force into a position where those assets are available. Imagine trying to judo throw a statue, it doesn't work.

I can't recall Batman having anyone in his rogues gallery who is physically comparable to Link.

Only if your foe is actively resisting you. And a bunch of throws in Judo are counters. Batman dodges a punch, grabs Links outstretch arm and flips him over his shoulder.

Solomon Grundy?

Plus Batman is in about 3 superhero teams at any one time.

NotAllThatEvil
If link and batman weigh close to the same, all batman has to do is get his center lower than link's. Not that hard, especially if he can get behind him. You're also forgetting that in that cutsceane where link tanks an ax, he still getskknocked down. If batman gives a strong enough strike, it might not hurt link but he will get knocked back a little.

ScreamPaste
Except I'm not. Batman can take Link apart for real.

Only if your foe is actively resisting you. And a bunch of throws in Judo are counters. Batman dodges a punch, grabs Links outstretch arm and flips him over his shoulder.

Solomon Grundy?

Plus Batman is in about 3 superhero teams at any one time. No, Batman cannot. haermm And it makes it hard to take you serious when you say it is. no expression

Why wouldn't Link be resisting Batman? And even if Link drops his weapons and throws a punch, he's not automatically in some magical judo-able position, Batman still needs to be able to exert some control over Link's arm and shoulder to make the throw work properly.

Solomon Grundy has an insanely wide variance. When he fights Batman he is not at the same levels as when he fights, say, Superman.

Unless the rest of Batman's team is here, this is irrelevant.

ScreamPaste
If link and batman weigh close to the same, all batman has to do is get his center lower than link's. Not that hard, especially if he can get behind him. You're also forgetting that in that cutsceane where link tanks an ax, he still getskknocked down. If batman gives a strong enough strike, it might not hurt link but he will get knocked back a little.
The same strike that knocked a boar larger than a rhino across a room knocked Link back, yeah.

If Link held perfectly still for a while, sure, Batman could pick him up and carry him into the lava, and then Link could lie down there and wait to suffocate and burn in it.

But that's not going to happen. Batman isn't fast enough to pull it off unless Link lets him. Batman isn't strong or durable enough to even consider that kind of a gambit, and getting your center lower than another person works because another person cannot lift you into the air by flicking your nose. Sure, if Link doesn't unfoot him Batman could use such a position to move Link, but how did he even get there without a sword/arrow/magical boomerange/pebble/ball and chain in his face?

NotAllThatEvil
Bombs hurt link, baterang grenade. Smoke bomb makes so link can't see. Bolos might not work for long, but they might work. Doesn't batman have a metallic rope/grapple. He has a lot of gizmos that would make it easier to toss link into the lava.

Quick question, if batman gets him in, how do you think he's getting out?

Nephthys
If Batman can dodge machine gun fire, he can dodge those.

No, Batman cannot. haermm And it makes it hard to take you serious when you say it is. no expression

Why wouldn't Link be resisting Batman? And even if Link drops his weapons and throws a punch, he's not automatically in some magical judo-able position, Batman still needs to be able to exert some control over Link's arm and shoulder to make the throw work properly.

Solomon Grundy has an insanely wide variance. When he fights Batman he is not at the same levels as when he fights, say, Superman.

Unless the rest of Batman's team is here, this is irrelevant.

And your rampant fanboyism makes it hard to take you seriously too. Luckily I'm a bad enough dude to do it anyway.

Usually its too quick to actively tense your muscles and resist the motion, or take you by surprise. No, he wouldn't, he'd just flip him.

Not all the time.

No, it isn't. I just pointed it out to show that Batman fights villains outside of his rogues. Hell, Bats once made Wonder Woman cry out in pain by clapping her ears and incapacitated her. And WW is a hell of a lot more durable than Link.

But seriously, knock-out gas.

ScreamPaste
1. Cite an instance of it occuring outside of gameplay.
2. They're a lot stronger than baterang grenades, they shatter whole boulders.
3. One of the weaker incarnations of Link, (Young Link in MM, who lacked the ToC) could strap them to his face, you know, over his eyes, and detonate them without harm so I have a hard time buying that TP Link, who gets fired out of a cannon in the sky at super sonic speeds directly into the ground can't handle a little exploding.

Link doesn't need to see.

Bolos won't work at all, Link could snap the cords with the same effort you or I put into breathing.

He's got a lot of gizmoes that are going to achieve very little in the grand scheme of things. The smoke Link can dissipate just by swinging his shield, the bolos do nothing, the marbles are a gimmick, a metal grapple line is good for BAtman swinging around but Link has his own clawshots.

Which incidentally will get Link out of the lava in a jiffy, if Batman, by some miracle, got him in. Alternatively he surfs on it with the spinner because that seems fun. Originally posted by Nephthys
If Batman can dodge machine gun fire, he can dodge those.

And your rampant fanboyism makes it hard to take you seriously too. Luckily I'm a bad enough dude to do it anyway.

Usually its too quick to actively tense your muscles and resist the motion, or take you by surprise. No, he wouldn't, he'd just flip him.

Not all the time.

No, it isn't. I just pointed it out to show that Batman fights villains outside of his rogues. Hell, Bats once made Wonder Woman cry out in pain by clapping her ears and incapacitated her. And WW is a hell of a lot more durable than Link.

But seriously, knock-out gas.
Neph suggest Batman beats Link. Calls me a fanboy in same thread. Righto.

Usually. Not in this case. Link has super human combat speed, and, wait, here's the best part, he doesn't need to tense his muscles. If Link throws a punch, and Batman attempts to counter it by throwing him, and Link doesn't react to him in any way, do you know what happens?

If Link simply follows through with his punch as he would had BAtman not grabbed his arm, Batman ends up crushed against Link's side with his bones reduced to splinters. no expression

Scan of Batman throwing a high end Solomon Grundy? How about even a low one?

WW can be hurt by bullets because she has retarded rules governing her durability. no expression Not exactly concerned by that example.

Link waves his shield, lotta good that did.

You quite done?

quanchi112
Batman stomps.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by quanchi112
Batman stomps.

I wouldn't say he stomps. Link is stronger physically but bats does have the stealth and speed advantage here.

NotAllThatEvil
1. Cite an instance of it occuring outside of gameplay.
2. They're a lot stronger than baterang grenades, they shatter whole boulders.
3. One of the weaker incarnations of Link, (Young Link in MM, who lacked the ToC) could strap them to his face, you know, over his eyes, and detonate them without harm so I have a hard time buying that TP Link, who gets fired out of a cannon in the sky at super sonic speeds directly into the ground can't handle a little exploding.

Link doesn't need see
To be fair, MM is probably the strongest link in the series.

ScreamPaste
I wouldn't say he stomps. Link is stronger physically but bats does have the stealth and speed advantage here. Bats does not have the speed advantage. O_o you might have missed one of my edits.

Also, stealth is irrelevant, Link can turn into a wolf.

Link outswordfought Ganondorf, a lightning timer. His combat speed could easily be said to be comparable to Ganondorf's because of that. But even if we ignore that, the cutscene displaying the Great Spin (a move that Link could use to kill Batman at literally any time should Bats come within like, 8 feet of Link, lol.) demonstrates that Link can do a complete 360 sword slash in something like 0.15 of a second. I can't remember the exact number. BUT:

Scaling from that Link could slash in 0.03 or so of a second, something Batman is not ready for.

To be fair, MM is probably the strongest link in the series.

MM Link is actually one of the weakest, he lost the ToC, and is in his young body again. As an adult with the ToC yeah, he's up there.

quanchi112
I wouldn't say he stomps. Link is stronger physically but bats does have the stealth and speed advantage here. In comics he's up against stronger, faster, and more cunning characters than Link. It's a stomp.

NotAllThatEvil
The hero of time actually kept the triforce of courage and used it as evidence to convince the king to execute ganondorf before he left for termina. Also some of his masks give him a serious advantage.

On topic, what speed feats does TP link have. Turning into a wolf would be a huge mistake in this fight.

ArtificialGlory
I'm not sure about strength, but Batman has a monumental speed advantage. He outdrew a guy who can shoot FTL beams out of his eyes. Batman would run circles around Link and then some.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by quanchi112
In comics he's up against stronger, faster, and more cunning characters than Link. It's a stomp.
Because the monsters link fights are compete pushovers, right wink

ScreamPaste
The hero of time actually kept the triforce of courage and used it as evidence to convince the king to execute ganondorf before he left for termina. Also some of his masks give him a serious advantage.

On topic, what speed feats does TP link have. Turning into a wolf would be a huge mistake in this fight. TP Link isn't a speedster, he doesn't run around like Sonic or anything, all of his speed is combat related. That said, TP Link is ambiguous, unlike some of the other Links where I can cite some extremely solid shit for.

TP Link does play tennis with magic, and he can, due to the way the game engine works, shoot enemy arrows out of the air in gameplay.

As a wolf he can move fast enough to simul-kill multiple enemies, and as a Hylian he's got a measured on screen swing speed of like 0.03 seconds, but again I'd need to go find the old posts to get exact numbers. He can cut arrows out of flight, etc.

He matches Ganondorf in a sword fight, Ganondorf is fast enough to play tennis with lightning, so yeah, if we say they're comparable LOL@Batman.

I fail to see how turning into a wolf could be a mistake for him, though. Being a quadraped makes the sole thing Batman could use to even hurt Link impossible due to increased stability. Batman could never hide from wolf Link, and wolf Link could kill him in a single pounce. Just like regular Link.

At this point I'm not sure why we're still debating anything at all though. The only thing in this entire thread that can hurt Link at all is the incidental lava Impediment threw in.

That only works if Batman survives long enough to find a way to put Link in it without dying.

That means avoiding arrows that move fast enough to pierce diamond, and can travel potentially for miles, accurately. Link made a dead on shot with the bow from opposite ends of a canyon, at the bottom, hitting a two inch wide target.

It means avoiding bombs. And Bomb arrows.

It means most likely getting in close to Link, who can great spin on the spot for the instant kill at ranges Batman can't even reach him from.

It means getting inside that the swing range of a man with a sword who outfought someone who can play tennis with lightning, and who is strong enough to snap steel girders over his knee.

It might mean trying to grapple a wolf that could crush his skull in it's jaws the same way you and I might chew a grape. no expression

It means that somehow, getting inside that range, alive, without getting bashed over the head with a shield for the kill, and then, trying to throw someone, who is so strong that Batman cannot manipulate so much as the joints of his pinkie finger if Link doesn't let him, and hoping to God that Link doesn't just fold his arms while Batman is holding onto one of them, crushing Batman into Batpulp.

It means hoping, that with his very human and very limited stamina, he doesn't simply get too tired after failing to get Link into the lava pit after spending a couple hours doing so while Link I guess does not much of anythign except not let him.

If all of this happens, and Link lets Batman get close, lets him throw him, and lets himself land in the lava. Batman is now still hoping Link didn't haul him with, due to Link having both the strength and combat speed to do so, with Batman having no choice. Batman would not survive it, Link would.

So if ALL of that happens, Batman might have a small chance.

So, uh, yeah. That won't amount to even one fight out of a hundred, let alone ten.

Can we agree, now, without further antics, that Link wins this fairly handily?Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil

On topic, what speed feats does TP link have. Turning into a wolf would be a huge mistake in this fight. I am aware! When he left Hyrule he left the ToC behind, however. Ergo, he no longer had it when he stuck the blast mask on his face. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Because the monsters link fights are compete pushovers, right wink Compared to Superman and Ww my old yes. Dc is light years beyond Hyrule.

NotAllThatEvil
Nope. The only reason TP link has it is because he inherited it from his ancestor, MM link. Notice how every other link had to actually earn theirs.

Link's main strength is his arsenal. Being a wolf nullifies that. Also, I don't think wolf link is as superhuman as normal link. The most it ever did was move a stone slab. While impressive, it isn't exactly earth shattering.

ScreamPaste
Nope. The only reason TP link has it is because he inherited it from his ancestor, MM link. Notice how every other link had to actually earn theirs.

Link's main strength is his arsenal. Being a wolf nullifies that. Also, I don't think wolf link is as superhuman as normal link. The most it ever did was move a stone slab. While impressive, it isn't exactly earth shattering.
Source.

In this thread his arsenal isn't a big deal since he's not fighting a giant skeleton monster in a room filled with rails or anything like that. Batman isn't Stallord.

As for the wolf's physical abilities, it probably isn't as powerful as regular Link, but it is strong enough to stop a charging boar Ganon, so it could probably stop, say, a freight train, given enough distance to slide. It's plenty strong enough to kill Batman.

So do we agree, or no? You were ambiguous on that.

NotAllThatEvil
Link wins 3/4 but it's not a stomp.
Source= I believe it was in hyrule historia. I've only read scans so I don't know the page number. Sorry.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I'm not sure about strength, but Batman has a monumental speed advantage. He outdrew a guy who can shoot FTL beams out of his eyes. Batman would run circles around Link and then some.

Lol Darkseid warned him before he was going to do it.

Besides this, from the panels, Batman shot first, Darkseid shot just after being shot himself.

ScreamPaste
3/4? Dude, wat.

NotAllThatEvil
Link has a 75% of winning, but bats still has a shot.

ScreamPaste
Link has a 75% of winning, but bats still has a shot.

Explain to me how you give Batman a 25% chance of winning against someone he cannot even hurt, excluding the 0.01% chance he has of knocking him into lava, which 75% of the time also results in Batman's death, and does not actually kill Link.

Explain that to me, seriously.

NotAllThatEvil
Batman has dealt with super powers before and probably can figure out how to mess with his more primitive weapons.

ScreamPaste
Batman has dealt with super powers before and probably can figure out how to mess with his more primitive weapons.
In cases where he had prep, or some other advantage. BAtman does not have that here. He has no advantage here.

And mess with Link's more primitive weapons? Lol. How is he going to 'mess' with a sword? Try and talk Fi into please not bisecting his liver? :/ Or is he going to try to cut Link's bow string, at range, even though that bow string can apparently survive tensions so high Batman is incapable of damaging it. Let alone before he takes a super-sonic arrow to the dome from someone who can shoot a 2 inch target at a half mile?

I'm just saying, Batman taking 1/4 when his only hope to even hurt Link is tantamount to suicide? Really? haermm

NotAllThatEvil
Okay, how is the bow indestructable. Now you're just being silly.

CosmicComet
Batman's high end explosive batarangs can certainly hurt Link.

But that's about it.

I don't know who to call as having the speed edge.

Anyway...I think its some OCD on my part, but threads like this that are a complete clash of styles/genres just make me want to barf. I mean, Batman doesn't even have a sword. erm

ScreamPaste
Okay, how is the bow indestructable. Now you're just being silly. It can survive the tension necessary to launch an arrow through diamond and propell an arrow a half mile without significant loss of velocity. Indestructible, no, but logically beyond being damaged by a batarang, if Link even let it be hit. no expression

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Batman's high end explosive batarangs can certainly hurt Link.

But that's about it.

I don't know who to call as having the speed edge.

Anyway...I think its some OCD on my part, but threads like this that are a complete clash of styles/genres just make me want to barf. I mean, Batman doesn't even have a sword. erm Feats for the explosives, plz.

NotAllThatEvil
The only "diamond" it ever shattered was the shadow jewel on the goron. For all we know, it was made of hollow glass.

CosmicComet
Well, Batman's batarangs have hurt General Eiling for example.

NotAllThatEvil
...And could probably snap a hundred year old bow string...

ScreamPaste
The only "diamond" it ever shattered was the shadow jewel on the goron. For all we know, it was made of hollow glass. Yes, it was represented as a gem stone to fool the silly viewers, of course.Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
...And could probably snap a hundred year old bow string... Hundred year old bow string that can handle many tons of tension?

Are you being intentionally dismissive for the sake of it?

NotAllThatEvil
What we know of the bow
A) it was owned by a previous link, making it hundreds of years old.
B) it slayed a demon.
The only demons that were killed by bow were the monsters inc. ripoff from SS, and majora. Neither of these bows had magical properties. Some gem stones break pretty easy. There is nothing to suggest this bow is anything more than well kept and accurate.

ScreamPaste
What we know of the bow
A) it was owned by a previous link, making it hundreds of years old.
B) it slayed a demon.
The only demons that were killed by bow were the monsters inc. ripoff from SS, and majora. Neither of these bows had magical properties. Some gem stones break pretty easy. There is nothing to suggest this bow is anything more than well kept and accurate.
Lemme get this right, you've just admitted this bow is hundreds of years old, and was wielded by a previous superhuman, to kill another superhuman.

In game it proves that it can handle propelling arrows through giant gem stones, (try this with a real bow, tell me how easy it is to break any kind of stone with an arrow) and long distances with no loss in accuracy or velocity.

And you think this is just an easily breakable item, despite it lasting hundreds of years with no wear and enduring tons and tons of tension from use?

Whatever, man haermm

NotAllThatEvil
Except it wasn't used for a hundred years and was treated as a treasure by thr gorons. They refer to it many times as their treasure and probably took good care of it. By goron(super strength) standards, it's just a bow. But I don't think the string can take a supersharp exploding baterang.

ScreamPaste
Except it wasn't used for a hundred years and was treated as a treasure by thr gorons. They refer to it many times as their treasure and probably took good care of it. By goron(super strength) standards, it's just a bow. But I don't think the string can take a supersharp exploding baterang. Exploding, maybe not, super sharp? With ease. If bats wants to waste batarangs let him. He won't hit the damn thing anyway.

Nothing you've just said dismisses that the bow is very clearly durable, Bats doesn't have the strength to destroy it, and the idea he has anything resembling a chance in this thread is pure fantasy. no expression

On I've indulged too long and too gently.

1. Batman cannot kill Link, or KO Link. He simply cannot. Even with the lava, if he tries, he dies.
2. Batman would not if he could. He has a rule. I've let this slide because I didn't think anyone here was as thick as they apparently are. Batman has a rule, the first thing he does is not going to be 'try to dump the guy in green in laval.
3. New 52 Batman. All of those feats I've just been rolling with. A) Not enough, Batman is outstatted in every way. B) Old feats, that Batman no longer has access to as of new 52. big grin!

Link is stronger, more durable, has better reaction time, better combat speed, an indestructible shield and a sword swing Batman can do **** all about. Link wins, without a scratch on him, 100/100 times.

The arguments against Link have been

"Maybe he'll slip on marbles, directly into the lava he has no reason to be near. AND Link will stay there for no reason other than to be nice."

"Maybe Batman can throw him into the lava, if he somehow doesn't die 0.2 seconds into the fight from supersonic arrow to the dome."

"Maybe Batman can throw him into the lava, if he somehow doesn't die 0.2 seconds into the fight from supersonic arrow to the dome. AND he doesn't get killed by Link's sword. AND Link doesn't accidentally crush him to death."

"Maybe Batman can throw him into the lava, if he somehow doesn't die 0.2 seconds into the fight from supersonic arrow to the dome. AND he doesn't get killed by Link's sword. AND Link doesn't accidentally crush him to death. AND Link doesn't drag Batman along into the lava and hold him under until nothing is left but an oily, flaming soup, before leaving with some burns."

So on and so forth. Batman has to cross the lava just to get to Link, who could easily drop him in right then.

There is simply put, no ****ing way Link is losing this, and I'm done trying to convince you otherwise, since if you can't see that Batman would lose in the face of a class 100 character with durability beyond Batman's ability to deal with, quicker reflexes and combat speed, and just as many gizmoes as Batman has, with no compunctions about killing, then I can't help you, and I'm done wasting my time trying to.

Out.

NotAllThatEvil
I said link would win most of the time. Yeesh.

I thought the no kill rule was nullified in versus threads?

ScreamPaste
I said link would win most of the time. Yeesh.

I thought the no kill rule was nullified in versus threads? If the OP says so, and 'most of the time' is vastly underselling the complete rapestomp this thread is. You could not ask for a cleaner cut win.

Nephthys
Death counts as a KO imo. Plus you were the one arguing that lava doesn't actually kill Link, just KO him a few pages ago. wink

Neph suggest Batman beats Link. Calls me a fanboy in same thread. Righto.

Usually. Not in this case. Link has super human combat speed, and, wait, here's the best part, he doesn't need to tense his muscles. If Link throws a punch, and Batman attempts to counter it by throwing him, and Link doesn't react to him in any way, do you know what happens?

If Link simply follows through with his punch as he would had BAtman not grabbed his arm, Batman ends up crushed against Link's side with his bones reduced to splinters. no expression

Scan of Batman throwing a high end Solomon Grundy? How about even a low one?

WW can be hurt by bullets because she has retarded rules governing her durability. no expression Not exactly concerned by that example.

Link waves his shield, lotta good that did.

You quite done?

Well I can already see that this is going to be a fruitful conversation. Also there should be an s after 'suggest'. Tut tut, grammar SP. Either way, would you really deny being a fanboy? Really? After all the lengths you've gone to just to talk up Link? I know I'm not a fanboy of Batman, I don't even collect the comics. If thats what you were implying. Moving on.....

Other than the lightning that I'm not going to touch, your only 'evidence' of Link having superhuman speed is gameplay animations, which hahahahaha sorry excuse me while I chuckle.

Why would that happen? Links ribs (wtf?) don't have enough momentum or force to affect Batman, especially since that sort of throw is usually done after they've stopped moving. Plus Batman doesn't need to actually engage Link to throw him, he could easily take him by surprise or leap out from the shadows.

Like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/elisha_carmen/dc/bat-ww01.jpg

If Batman can throw WW around, he can throw Link. Or just use the Batkick, punt him over the ledge. Don't make he post him drawing blood from Darkseid. Really, it should be amazingly easy for him to get Link over the edge. Links strength won't help him avoid being tossed around.

I only mentioned Grundy because he's a member of Batmans rogues whose stronger than Link. I don't know if he's actually thrown him or not.

WW's only weak to piercing attacks. Which Batmans attack wasn't. It's completely valid. And anyway, Batman has flashbangs etc that can do just as good a job of ****ing Link up without being in melee range.

no expression Well of course that will work. Like hell! Stop being ridiculous. You think all it would take is waving a dustbin lid around? Get real.

I'll be done when you're done fooling around and just admit that Batman spanks Link.

Yamcha
Could Batman maaaaybe kick his way to victory?
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps18417ab5.jpghttp://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsd5392271.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsb44aaa71.jpg

Nephthys
Do you even need to ask? I'm just assuming the Batkick is off the table because otherwise Link would be pulped in a nanosecond.

ScreamPaste
I never changed this stance, Batman however doesn't know that. I also never agreed it would KO him quickly enough to matter, or that Batman had any chance of knocking Link in.

I never denied being a Link fanboy. I kind of spend time on a forum for arguing which fictional character beats up the other, at that point, regardless of what anyone says, they are a fanboy.

This doesn't change that you calling me a fanboy in the same breath you defend Batman against Link is laughably ironic. smile

Are you even aware what issue you're citing here? Pretty certain that is not new 52 Batman.

Drawing blood from Darkseid, lol. Heylook, Neph can use two, old, pieces of bad writing, aka PIS, to try to draw a conclusion no one sane would ever try to draw, purely for the sake of trolling. Surprising.

The Grundy that Batman fights is not stronger than Link, nor does Batman toss him around.

Originally posted by Yamcha
Could Batman maaaaybe kick his way to victory?
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps18417ab5.jpghttp://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsd5392271.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsb44aaa71.jpg Lolno. At best he just hits Link without damage, at worst he loses the foot or leg. He isn't strong enough to budge Link's diaphram. no expressionOriginally posted by Nephthys
Do you even need to ask? I'm just assuming the Batkick is off the table because otherwise Link would be pulped in a nanosecond. Trolling confirmed, looks like you are done.

Nephthys
I never changed this stance, Batman however doesn't know that. I also never agreed it would KO him quickly enough to matter, or that Batman had any chance of knocking Link in.

It was my understanding that it was the unwritten rule that combatants start with basic knowledge of each other in these fight.

I never denied being a Link fanboy. I kind of spend time on a forum for arguing which fictional character beats up the other, at that point, regardless of what anyone says, they are a fanboy.

This doesn't change that you calling me a fanboy in the same breath you defend Batman against Link is laughably ironic. smile

I don't see how. Me championing Batman has nothing to do with my preferences and everything to do with my honest belief in his victory. However....

Are you even aware what issue you're citing here? Pretty certain that is not new 52 Batman.

Drawing blood from Darkseid, lol. Heylook, Neph can use two, old, pieces of bad writing, aka PIS, to try to draw a conclusion no one sane would ever try to draw, purely for the sake of trolling. Surprising.

The Grundy that Batman fights is not stronger than Link, nor does Batman toss him around.

... If we really are only doing new 52 Batman then I doubt he has the feats to win, since he's only been around a single year. Though I personally still think Batman could take Link, theres too little content and I'm unfamiliar with it so there wouldn't be much of a case.

That was a joke. I'm well aware of the ridiculousness of the feat and wouldn't seriously use it. Though Batman could still easily kick him into the lava.

I never said he did.

Lolno. At best he just hits Link without damage, at worst he loses the foot or leg. He isn't strong enough to budge Link's diaphram. no expression

Pretty sure strength has nothing to do with not getting your ass knocked over. He's not going to grip the floor with his toes of something. Look at the above picture, sure Bats broke his hand trying to punch Diana, but he could still kick her backwards. If Link doesn't weigh much, then he gets his ass kicked backwards. Thats physics. A diamond isn't going to resist you kicking it just cuz its really tough.

Trolling confirmed, looks like you are done.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz95p7QWfu1qmfoslo1_500.gif

Butthurt detected.

ScreamPaste
Pretty sure this forum works like the movie v.s. and comic v.s. forums which do not allow that by default, but not really relevant here, for two reasons.
1. Probably doesn't fall under basic knowledge.
2. Batman cannot get Link into the lava due to being physically inferior. Or you're being dishonest, I'd like to believe you're more intelligent than you're presenting yourself as here. You've relied on outdated pieces of PIS. Things that would not be seriously considered in Comic v.s. while still canon, let alone now.

Read OP, you do, and it wouldn't matter anyway, since again, the only thing you seem to be relying on is PIS which was never valid anyway.

So, after being impaled by an arrow and pinned to the statue, then trying to cross the lava trench and getting dropped in when Link cuts his line, and crawling out of the lava, Batman attempts to kick Link into the lava which is now behind himself and infront of Link, loses his leg, and then, I guess roundhouse headbutts Link?

The problem here isn't just if Batman kicks Wonder Woman that for once in in a comic book physics wakes up and she moves back a bit, it's that 99% of the time, physics is asleep when things like Wonder Woman and Superman are hanging out, and there's no real excuse for them even being hit by him. New 52 actually has Batman confirming Wonder Woman has better combat speed than Superman, how likely is Batman to kick a Superman who doesn't want to be kicked, if he's not in some way weakened or otherwise disabled?

Wonder Woman also has the weirdest set of rules governing her physical stats I can recall in a comicbook character. Do you think TEH BATKICK could knock the wind out of Superman, Diana's peer in fisticuffs? How about Kratos, who is not Superman's peer? How about Spider-Man, who has to roll with the punches of human criminals he apprehends so that they do not break their own arms?

At the end of the day, Bats is peak human, DC peak human, but peak human, and he does have low showings comparable to his high showings, but lowballing a peak human against a mid meta with the same 'super power' Batman uses is kind of unnecessary.

I'll admit to being frustrated, largely because I'm trying to give you the benefit of a doubt but I feel like I'm wasting my time in doing so.

Nephthys
I feel the same the exact same way. I've tried to engage in this debate but you've been nothing but needlessly dismissive and haughty. I've made my case, I don't need to prove anything by continuing to waste my time talking to someone who obviously isn't listening.

Impediment
My vote is on Batman.

ScreamPaste
I feel the same the exact same way. I've tried to engage in this debate but you've been nothing but needlessly dismissive and haughty. I've made my case, I don't need to prove anything by continuing to waste my time talking to someone who obviously isn't listening. This isn't a debate, it's spite. I've been dismissive because you've brougth nothing to the table. You've brought up PIS, youv've brought things up that aren't canon to current Batman. You've ignored that for Batman to even harm Link is unlikely. That he'd have to be insanely lucky, and much faster than he is, to even survive long enough to try, and that even then it's suicide.
Originally posted by Impediment
My vote is on Batman. Wait, how exactly? Seriously, would someone actually explain to me a valid reason for why Batman could take so much as 1/100 here? Explain this to me, because I don't get it. Batman is outclassed in every way, how can he possibly pull a win?

Nephthys
It's amazing that despite how truly 'outclassed' Batman is, most people seem to think he wins. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-smuggo.gif

ScreamPaste
It's amazing that despite how truly 'outclassed' Batman is, most people seem to think he wins. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-smuggo.gif
1. Appeal to majority fallacy
2. You and AG actively trolled page one, not many people read past that.
3. Not many people in All V.S. seem aware of Link's capabilities, since he was just put against ****ing Batman. haermm

And not one of the people who has claimed Bats pulls a win has supported any valid reason for why. Not one. Simultaneously they have ignored that Link can one shot Batman at any distance, by spitting on him.

In closing, whatever man. thumb up

FinalAnswer
Batman loses bro.

The only conceivable way Batman could win is if he had prep. Seeing how that's not the case, Link curbs.

Nephthys
1. Appeal to majority fallacy
2. You and AG actively trolled page one, not many people read past that.
3. Not many people in All V.S. seem aware of Link's capabilities, since he was just put against ****ing Batman. haermm

And not one of the people who has claimed Bats pulls a win has supported any valid reason for why. Not one. Simultaneously they have ignored that Link can one shot Batman at any distance, by spitting on him.

In closing, whatever man. thumb up

1) I was making a point, not an argument.
2) Other than my last post, nothing I have posted has been of a trolling nature.
3) Yeah, because Batman's never beaten a physically superior opponent before, especially not when there a huge 'I win' button/pool of magma right in the middle of the room and a ****ton of shadows and alcoves everywhere.

Lol, jesus christ man, sometimes I wonder if you even know how silly you sound.

Nemesis X
Assuming Batman's allowed to kill, what's to keep him from giving Link the false sense of security he missed with his batarang but was really throwing a reverse batarang that would pull a U-turn and hit Link in the back of the head, making him lose his balance and giving Batman the chance to run up and kick him into the lava?

Nephthys
Absolutely nothing. estahuh

FinalAnswer
Z-Targeting.

ScreamPaste
1) I was making a point, not an argument.
2) Other than my last post, nothing I have posted has been of a trolling nature.
3) Yeah, because Batman's never beaten a physically superior opponent before, especially not when there a huge 'I win' button/pool of magma right in the middle of the room and a ****ton of shadows and alcoves everywhere.

Lol, jesus christ man, sometimes I wonder if you even know how silly you sound.

You mean to tell me, despite not making one legitimate argument, you're not trolling, and have not been? Lol.

Batman has never beaten an opponent who is so physically superior to him that he could literally do nothing to alter the position of his foe's pinkie toe, without prep, while cornered like a rat, in a room where he cannot hide because his enemy can turn into a ****ing wolf.

http://skoce.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/temple_of_doom.jpg?w=500&h=212

This is where the fight happens, Batman is trapped here with a class 100+ heroic sociopath with an indestructible sword and shield, and he didn't get prep. He is going to die. And not just a little bit. no expression He starts the fight on the side with the statue, ergo, practically cornered.

How does Batman knock Link into the lava? You keep saying he will, but how does he do it? He can't do it. He'll die before he gets close. Arrow to the brain, pinning him bodily to the statue.

Tries to cross the lava? Gets dropped in.

Gets within a 9 foot radius of Link, greatspin for the instant kill.

Survives greatspin, is still so physically frail by comparison that Link's experience would be like having an infant trying to judo toss him, except that if he accidentally moves his arm the wrong way while the infant holds his wrist, it dies in a squishy mess of batpaste.

And if Batman gets beyond all of that, all of it, he's still riding along with Link into the lava, where he will die, and Link will not.

And all of that requires Batman to break character, to boot. haermm

So you're either
1. Trolling, as was indicated page one with your 'ttly nt trllng' post, and wasting my time.
2. Stupid. Originally posted by Nemesis X
Assuming Batman's allowed to kill, what's to keep him from giving Link the false sense of security he missed with his batarang but was really throwing a reverse batarang that would pull a U-turn and hit Link in the back of the head, making him lose his balance and giving Batman the chance to run up and kick him into the lava? Why is a batarang going to make Link lose balance, and why is it going to hit him at all, and how is Batman throwing it before he eats an arrow, and how is he fast enough to cross the lava gap and then get on the opposite side of Link, and then kick him into it before Link goes "oh, hey, a pebble hit me, how distracting." (Link deals with reality warping combat teleporters without issue, but Batman's gonna be too much!) And why does it matter if he does pull it off, since Link is just going to pull himself out and kill the ever loving **** out of Batman for burning him?

Yamcha
I'm really curious if people would be more inclined to give Bats a chance if he had the advanced suit Terry had o.o, the only reason I say this is the strength boost and durability boost would certainly prove useful it seems in this fight.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Yamcha
I'm really curious if people would be more inclined to give Bats a chance if he had the advanced suit Terry had o.o, the only reason I say this is the strength boost and durability boost would certainly prove useful it seems in this fight. Even in the suit Terry got his ass kicked by Joker, unless there's a Batman Beyond comic I missed. shrug I don't think it would make a difference, honestly, the gap between them physically is simply too wide. It's like comparing Vegeta to Yamcha. 131

Twilight Princess Link's end game strength is comparable to a Ganon's. (Albeit weakened from combat, so how close is impossible to say)

This puts him in the strength range to stop a freight train moving full speed. There's a legitimate case to be made for Link simply collapsing the temple and leaving.

Yamcha
I'm fairly certain also in that suit he was stepped on by Micron, to the point it left an imprint on the ground and all Terry did was make a witty remark to Bruce xD, I don't think it would be THAT simple to take out that suit I mean he has cloaking and such too it's fairly advanced, plus with flight. You have to admit he'd at least fair better, it's not a complete non factor O.O.

Psh...let's see Vegeta try and replicate this no expression
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsb3a44b30.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/df59582d-bdcc-451a-8a88-63a07ddbcc08_zps591700bb.jpg

Nephthys
You mean to tell me, despite not making one legitimate argument, you're not trolling, and have not been? Lol.

Stopping the jokes for a second, this is exactly why I'm not taking this seriously any more. How arrogant do you have to be to think that only your own arguments have weight? I've given you plenty of 'legitimate arguments' but you're such a blind fanboy that its all slid right off you. Meanwhile how many 'legitimate arguments' have you made? None. Everything you've said has just been 'lol, Links ubar!' and fanwank bullshit. So thanks for the reminder of what an absolute ass you are.

Nemesis X
It's an explosive reverse batarang.

Link won't suspect Batman has more than one type of batarang.

Didn't Batman once catch one of Green Arrow's....arrows?

I'm assuming they're fighting in a volcano. Volcanoes have vents Batman can probably use to glide and then shoot down, making himself a projectile and with enough speed will give him enough force to kick him off.

Covering Link in lava would make him vulnerable to one of the many gadgets Batman confiscated from Mr. Freeze and trap Link as the lava covering him would solidify. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

ScreamPaste
Stopping the jokes for a second, this is exactly why I'm not taking this seriously any more. How arrogant do you have to be to think that only your own arguments have weight? I've given you plenty of 'legitimate arguments' but you're such a blind fanboy that its all slid right off you. Meanwhile how many 'legitimate arguments' have you made? None. Everything you've said has just been 'lol, Links ubar!' and fanwank bullshit. So thanks for the reminder of what an absolute ass you are. Noting Batman's complete physical inferiority is a legitimate argument.

Pointing out how full of holes the "lolBatman knocks him into the lava" is, is also legitimate. That's an INCREDIBLY unlikely happenstance, and one that won't even win Batman the thread. Originally posted by Nemesis X
It's an explosive reverse batarang.

Link won't suspect Batman has more than one type of batarang.

Didn't Batman once catch one of Green Arrow's....arrows?

I'm assuming they're fighting in a volcano. Volcanoes have vents Batman can probably use to glide and then shoot down, making himself a projectile and with enough speed will give him enough force to kick him off.

Covering Link in lava would make him vulnerable to one of the many gadgets Batman confiscated from Mr. Freeze and trap Link as the lava covering him would solidify. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Did you even read the OP? It's the temple of doom, and Link isn't a retard, projectiles are bad. Whether it explodes or not doesn't matter. I cannot recall Batman doing so, and I cannot recall Green Arrow having Link's draw strength, furthermore, Batman starts the fight cornered and cannot get within 9 feet of Link without dying to a greatspin, and even if he does he's going in the lava wiht Link, who will not die, and who is strong enough to break out of a little solidified lava, while Batman does die.

NotAllThatEvil
Ok
A) yamcha is a badass
And b) you are grossly overestimating link's speed and strength here to the point where it is almost funny.

ScreamPaste
Ok
A) yamcha is a badass
And b) you are grossly overestimating link's speed and strength here to the point where it is almost funny. I was having fun jabbing at the poster. uhuh

B) No, I really am not. haermm That's the funny part. I've been conservative most of this thread because you could chop Link into 1/10th and that 10th would still bitchslap Batman effortlessly in any physical confrontration. The full extent of Link's physical abilities are well documented in the VG versus forum, most of the posters here might be unfamiliar, but TP Link, by feats, could legitimately collapse the temple on Batman and just ****ing leave.

A 100 car freight train, with each car weighing 100 tons, moving at 60 km/h is 1.4 Gj of energy. Link matched Ganondorf in a swordlock, Ganondorf's strength is proven to surpass 4 Gj.

Do the remaining math yourself.

NotAllThatEvil
Ganondorf's physical strength or magical strength?

Nephthys
Ganondorf's strength is proven to surpass 4 Gj.

This isn't actually true. Not saying it's false, but you've never successfully proven this. I just feel that people should know this, Scream asserts a number of things about Link to be true that he was unable to actually 100% prove, and ended up leaving the VG forum in frustration.

ScreamPaste
Ganondorf's physical strength or magical strength? Physical strength. His magical abilities are on a completely absurd level. While weakened he shattered greatfish island (off screen) and turned off the sun for all of the great sea, as well as conjuring a storm that covered the entirety of it.

He's flash frozen Zora's domain twice, zoras are frozen mid-swim, they were frozen that fast.

He's levitated entire castles, and a fraction of his power merged an entire country with another dimension. Ganondorf is completely borked magically. haermm

ScreamPaste
This isn't actually true. Claims Batman could beat Link, calls me an ass when I explain why that's bullshit, expects to have some credibility. Bonus points: it doesn't need to be to make Batman, a peak human, irrelevant. smile

Editing since you edited:

If you recall correctly, I left VG versus in frustration because people like you go into threads and relentlessly downplay every, single, ****ing, thing to the point where it's pointless trying to talk to anyone else because of the reverse cheer leading squad on the sidelines without an actual ****ing argument.

We plainly have Ganon overpowering OoT Link with the golden gauntlets and disarming him, this is not 'unproven' just because you don't like the implications. We plainly have Link match both beast Ganon and human Ganondorf in strength in TP, this is not 'unproven'.

So have fun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well with this.

NotAllThatEvil
Different timeline, different ganondorf.
What physical feat does he have.

Nephthys
Claims Batman could beat Link, calls me an ass when I explain why that's bullshit, expects to have some credibility. Bonus points: it doesn't need to be to make Batman, a peak human, irrelevant. smile

Just making sure that your claims that its been proven and accepted are given the correct level of perspective.

And you are being an ass.

If you recall correctly, I left VG versus in frustration because people like you go into threads and relentlessly downplay every, single, ****ing, thing to the point where it's pointless trying to talk to anyone else because of the reverse cheer leading squad on the sidelines without an actual ****ing argument.

No, you left because you were unable to beat me.

ScreamPaste
Different timeline, different ganondorf.
What physical feat does he have.
Except that they're identical in all ways except how they ended up sealed away in OoT, you mean?

Dorf smashes a 10 foot-ish radius hole in a castle floor in OoT, which isn't that big a deal, except that he goes on to disarm OoT Link, who tosses stone pillars weighing hundreds of tons at speeds that would make MLB players blush, he does this in a cutscene, cementing himself as physically stronger than OoT Link.

NotAllThatEvil
So you use the fact that link can take ganondorf has a strength feat for link, andganondorf being able to take link as a sstrength feat for ganondorf. They could be at a max of goron stopping for all we know.

ScreamPaste
Just making sure that your claims that its been proven and accepted are given the correct level of perspective.

And you are being an ass.

No, you left because you were unable to beat me. And you're earning every second of it. You're either trolling, and I have no patience for it, or factually stupid enough to believe in the face of TP Link proving not once, but twice, that he can physically compete with Ganon, that Batman stands any kind of chance against him without retardo levels of prep, let alone while Batman is ****ing cornered in a temple with lava in it. And I have no patience for it.

And THEN you go on to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well just because **** Scream, right? Yeah, I'll be an ass to you.

NotAllThatEvil
He had the triforce for seven years in that timeline, as opposed to thiryish seconds on this timeline. What physical feat does he have child timeline?

ScreamPaste
So you use the fact that link can take ganondorf has a strength feat for link, andganondorf being able to take link as a sstrength feat for ganondorf. They could be at a max of goron stopping for all we know. No, they couldn't. OoT Link and TP Link are separate people.

Ganondorf > OoT Link. OoT Link did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ70pqF2NHk&t=10m10s

TP Link matches him in strength, twice.

NotAllThatEvil
Different ganondorf.

ScreamPaste
He had the triforce for seven years in that timeline, as opposed to thiryish seconds on this timeline. What physical feat does he have child timeline?
Uh, wat. 1. Same dude, different circumstances.
2. Ganondorf within '30ish seconds' of getting the ToP Snaps massive magical chains that can support a huge obelisk and then, according to OBD moves at supersonic speeds when he kills the sage. So yeaaaah.

He then spends centuries biding his time to attack Hyrule. Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Different ganondorf. Weak excuse.

NotAllThatEvil
The different circumstances are a big deal, bro. There are three seperate timelines with three seperate outcomes. Though they might have all started out the same, each ganondorf is different and you can't cross feats like that.

Nephthys
And you're earning every second of it. You're either trolling, and I have no patience for it, or factually stupid enough to believe in the face of TP Link proving not once, but twice, that he can physically compete with Ganon, that Batman stands any kind of chance against him without retardo levels of prep, let alone while Batman is ****ing cornered in a temple with lava in it. And I have no patience for it.

And THEN you go on to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well just because **** Scream, right? Yeah, I'll be an ass to you.

Reported for bashing.

Joke????

ScreamPaste
The different circumstances are a big deal, bro. There are three seperate timelines with three seperate outcomes. Though they might have all started out the same, each ganondorf is different and you can't cross feats like that.
Explain to me how they're at all different? The only noteable differences are what happened during OoT in each timeline, exclusing aLttP.

One guy sets out to get the triforce, and is already a powerful and accomplished mage, who knows a lot about it. He succeeds, either by manipulating Link, or having it gifted to him when his alternate self touched it in the alternate timeline. Both hold it for longer than the entirety of Link's quest in Twilight Princess, and up to that point have been completely identical. The Triforce itself is completely identical.

At the 7 year point, they will be nearly indistinguishable from one another. You're trying to argue that centuries later, Ganondorf 2 will be physically weaker, somehow? Despite identical knowledge, goals, and power sources/power sets?

ScreamPaste
Reported for bashing.

Joke???? Antagonise someone---> Report them when they call you on it. Classy.

Nephthys
Wasn't Ganon in his huge muscular pig form when he knocked the MS out of his hands?

Edit: You're the one insulting and being rude to someone and admitting to it, not me.

ScreamPaste
Wasn't Ganon in his huge muscular pig form when he knocked the MS out of his hands?

Edit: You're the one insulting and being rude to someone and admitting to it, not me.
1. This form is not physically any stronger.
2. Link stops a charging big muscular pig Ganon in TP as well, so both forms are covered in case you feel like fielding that tired and worthless argument for the 100th time.

Edit: Yes, I'll admit it, why would I lie? Everyone can see I'm being rude to you. Are you going to sit there and deny you've earned it?

NotAllThatEvil
Does he even have a physical form in the twilight realm? He was caught by the royal gaurd as after the events of OoT and chained up. The HYRULE GAURD beat him. Then he was just a puppet master to zant. I'm not arguing that he lost any of his magical potency, but it his ganon form was stronger in OoT time and was only able to disarm link by taking him by surprise.

What physical feat does ganondorf have in the child timeline?

ScreamPaste
Does he even have a physical form in the twilight realm? He was caught by the royal gaurd as after the events of OoT and chained up. The HYRULE GAURD beat him. Then he was just a puppet master to zant. I'm not arguing that he lost any of his magical potency, but it his ganon form was stronger in OoT time and was only able to disarm link by taking him by surprise.

What physical feat does ganondorf have in the child timeline?
They beat him before he had his source of power, when he was still a regular man, no shit.

Then he spent centuries biding his time until he chose Zant to use. Zant with a fraction of Ganondorf's power conquered Hyrule, including the Hyrule knights. Also, lolwat.

Prove that Ganondorf was physically stronger in OoT despite having the same power source for less time than in TP. Prove that statement. That statement cannot be rationalized, let alone proven. haermm

Also, lol@surprise, Link actively blocked the strike.

NotAllThatEvil
Midna stops ganon, not link. Without the fused shadow. Ganon from OoT was a castle buster, this one knocks his head on pillars. Also there is the glaring size difference. Magically he still kicks butt, but we're not even sure if he had a body during those couple hundred years.

ArtificialGlory
OIbhW1A-nHk

ScreamPaste
Midna stops ganon, not link. Without the fused shadow. Ganon from OoT was a castle buster, this one knocks his head on pillars. Also there is the glaring size difference. Magically he still kicks butt, but we're not even sure if he had a body during those couple hundred years.
Midna is riding on top of Link, with no part of herself touching the floor, all of the stopping power is in Link, and his legs, kthnx. You might as well argue that a hook hauls cars, not a tow truck.

So 1, wrong.

Size difference is irrelevant, the aesthetic choice to make him more beastial was a thematic choice, cited specifically in an interview. I can't find the link right now since the interview is old as shit, but I'll keep looking.

Regardless of why the size difference was done, TP's boar Ganon is actually larger than OoT Ganon, and again, it doesn't matter. There's nothing that supports or even points to the Ganon form being physically stronger, so if you're going to claim it is, please support that.

So now you're speculating he just magically got his body back after centuries, having decided to attack without even having one, despite it never being said he lost it?

None of this adds up, none of it. You are, in essence, saying that a less experienced Ganondorf with the same source of power will be physically stronger than he will be centuries later with more experience and again, the same source of power.

Not only does this make no sense, it's arbitrary nitpicking to avoid a conclusion you don't like, a conclusion that doesn't even matter within the confines of this thread because Batman is still not one ten thousandth strong enough to compete with either of them if their strengths were cut in half.

NotAllThatEvil
Even link didn't keep his body intact when he entered the twilight, and he was chosen by the gods to handle it. Hylians in General are much smaller in TP than they are in OoT, ganon is much smaller than his OoT counterpart. One ganondorf was using and practicing with the triforce for seven years, the other was working behind the scenes and lending out his power. The two are not equal anyway you spin it.

What is pne physical strength feat from the child timeline?

ScreamPaste
Even link didn't keep his body intact when he entered the twilight, and he was chosen by the gods to handle it. Hylians in General are much smaller in TP than they are in OoT, ganon is much smaller than his OoT counterpart. One ganondorf was using and practicing with the triforce for seven years, the other was working behind the scenes and lending out his power. The two are not equal anyway you spin it.

What is pne physical strength feat from the child timeline? Yes, Link did, he just turned into a wolf, and it wasn't because he was chosen by the gods 'to handle it' it was because he was chosen by the gods, period. Like Ganondorf. You know, having a piece of the triforce.

Ganon, however, gained complete control of the Twilight Realm, using his power to merge it with Hyrule, you think he could do that, but not talk it into letting him have a physical body? stick out tongue Besides which point his strength is innate and magically endowed, he doesn't need to spend eternity doing push ups, just unlocking the power of the triforce piece.

Ganondorf in TP is from the OoT era, he is not smaller than OoT Ganon, he is OoT Ganon.

Ganondorf did not 'lend out' his power, he, centuries later, gave a small fraction of his power to one guy.

7 years < centuries.

Any way you spin it, if they are different at all, TP Link is the greater of the two due to having longer to unlock the power of his piece of the triforce. Any difference at all is purely speculative on your part, and not supported by what occurs in game.

IE, Ganon overpowered OoT Link, TP Link matched Ganon twice. This is not hard to figure out.

NotAllThatEvil
So link lost his hylian body. Ganondorf wasn't chosen, he got his piece thanks to the hero of time bringing his piece back from the future causing the triforce in that timeline to go to zelda and ganondorf.

Ganondorf was the same size as impa at the beginning of OoT, but then got much taller and a mullet when he got the triforce. TP g stayed roughly the same size when he got his.

He is the same man who but spiders in a tree and lizards is a cave, not the same man who could freeze lakes, revive dragons, and levitate castles.

ScreamPaste
So link lost his hylian body. Ganondorf wasn't chosen, he got his piece thanks to the hero of time bringing his piece back from the future causing the triforce in that timeline to go to zelda and ganondorf.

Ganondorf was the same size as impa at the beginning of OoT, but then got much taller and a mullet when he got the triforce. TP g stayed roughly the same size when he got his.

He is the same man who but spiders in a tree and lizards is a cave, not the same man who could freeze lakes, revive dragons, and levitate castles. Hey, look, semantics. Ganondorf had the ToP, IE, he was not reduced to a soul.

He later demonstrated complete control of the Twilight Realm.

Ganondorf's human form never changed size in OoT, lol.

Odd you should mention this, since when Ganondorf comes back he goes about doing the exact same shit he did in OoT, because they're the same person.

He flash froze Zora's domain and everything around it, he revived a dragon in the sky, and he took Hyrule Castle. Had Link stopped for a nap it probably would have ended up floating over a lake of lava again the next afternoon.

You've not proven Ganondorf in TP is any different than Ganondorf in OoT, and you've certainly not proven that he's any weaker. IF anything he'd be more powerful, in fact. But you see, there's not enough evidence to support that, it would be speculation, so I will not actually claim it.

Regardless, we've effectively derailed this discussion. End point: Link is too far removed from Batman's physical capabilities to deal with, without significant prep or aid. Link could factually collapse the temple on Batman, or just crush him into a ball, while Batman has no recourse. Furthermore, Link's wolf form negates any stealth Batman might attempt, and Batman begins the fight essentially cornered.

NotAllThatEvil
I asked one question three times now. Name ONE physical feat from the child timeline. He's not the same person, he went through a completely different chain of events. One feat.

NemeBro
Link wins.

Anyone who believes otherwise is a ****ing idiot, especially Nephthys.

NotAllThatEvil
Yeah, link wins. But the bat puts up a good fight.

ScreamPaste
I asked one question three times now. Name ONE physical feat from the child timeline. He's not the same person, he went through a completely different chain of events. One feat. I don't need to, they're the same person, why bother showcasing the lesser things he does with clear ease, like smashing through pillars like they aren't there?

Also on topic, this:

Originally posted by NemeBro
Link wins.

Anyone who believes otherwise is a ****ing idiot, especially Nephthys.

ScreamPaste
Yeah, link wins. But the bat puts up a good fight. No, he really, really doesn't. haermm

NotAllThatEvil
Except they're not the same person. They were but now they're not. All I'm saying is that if he doesn't have any outrageous physical feats, then his and link's little sword clash shouldn't be counted as a superhuman feat for link.

ScreamPaste
Except they're not the same person. They were but now they're not. All I'm saying is that if he doesn't have any outrageous physical feats, then his and link's little sword clash shouldn't be counted as a superhuman feat for link. Clashing with a superhuman shouldn't count as a superhuman feat? haermm Righto, I'll get right to discounting everytime Superman punches out a rival comicbook brick. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NemeBro
Link picked up that huge armoured Goron and threw it like a basketball.

He's superhuman lol.

NotAllThatEvil
... we don't know how strong ganondorf is, just that he's close to link. We can use link's feats to find out how strong ganondorf is, but not the other way around.

ScreamPaste
... we don't know how strong ganondorf is, just that he's close to link. We can use link's feats to find out how strong ganondorf is, but not the other way around. Yes, OoT Link, as well actually, since the two clashed already.

1. Ganondorf.
2. Triforce of power.
3. Seven years.

1. Ganondorf.
2. Triforce of power.
3. Centuries.

Go ahead and tell me Ganondorf got weaker after a couple hundred years spent jacking off with the Triforce of Power. I have a whole pile of laughter .gifs lined up.

Also, Link knocks hundreds of tons of ice around in the Blizzetta fight, so even discounting that (two times, consistency, boyo) he clashed with Ganondorf and won, he can still bring down that temple on Batman's head, and Batman has no recourse. Thing is, we're not going to discount a valid feat just because you don't like it.

NotAllThatEvil
So link is physically stronger than ganondorf.

I might just blow your mind with this, but try to keep up. In OoT ganon was stronger than ganondorf, in TP it was the otherway around. Obviously something is different here. We can't use OoT feats post seven years of sleep. He had centuries with the triforce, but link turned into a wolf and zelda got a hoodie so we don't know how centuries in twilight effected him.

ScreamPaste
So link is physically stronger than ganondorf.

I might just blow your mind with this, but try to keep up. In OoT ganon was stronger than ganondorf, in TP it was the otherway around. Obviously something is different here. We can't use OoT feats post seven years of sleep. He had centuries with the triforce, but link turned into a wolf and zelda got a hoodie so we don't know how centuries in twilight effected him. I'm going to blow your mind with this, but unlike Ganon, Link is different people with varying capability.

I also am not claiming TP Link is stronger than Ganon, only comparable. Ganondorf was weakened during the final fight with the sword lock due to taking three seperate beatings already.

NotAllThatEvil
And he didn't get a single hit on link that entire fight?

ScreamPaste
And he didn't get a single hit on link that entire fight? Not sure what you mean?

NotAllThatEvil
So ganondorf is noticeably weaker by the clash but link is completely unphased by fighting zant, going through the castle, dealing with the boblins, and fighting the different stages of ganondorf and zelda?

ScreamPaste
So ganondorf is noticeably weaker by the clash but link is completely unphased by fighting zant, going through the castle, dealing with the boblins, and fighting the different stages of ganondorf and zelda? Hey, Link is a determinator, HOWEVER:

Since we have no cutscenes of what happened exactly during those fights we cannot say whether Link took damage or not. The mooks are obviously a nonfactor, but Link did win all four stages of the Ganondorf fight as we see it, so Ganondorf would likely be feeling the attrition more than Link would.

I'm not arguing either were at complete awesomesauce capacity, all I'm saying is that by the end the Ganondorf Link overpowered was not in peak condition, so to say conclusively Link is physically stronger than Ganondorf isn't something we can prove. What Link did show, that is impressive in itself, is that he is a peer to Ganondorf in physical strength.

NotAllThatEvil
Without giving any info on exactly how strong ganondorf is.
Besides OoT feats, he is a mystery in terms of upper body feats.

ScreamPaste
Without giving any info on exactly how strong ganondorf is.
Besides OoT feats, he is a mystery in terms of upper body feats. I don't see how the youngest incarnation of Ganondorf we fight showing us just how strong he is leaves much mystery as to Ganondorf's lower end strength. We don't know the top end of any Link so far or Ganondorf himself, but the best feats available are enough to work with. shrug I'm not going to aim higher than what I have, but I'm not going to ignore what I have either.

The only thing we've ever seen Ganondorf struggle with is Link. We've seen him smash floors and pillars and debris without even meaning to, or caring at all that it's in his way, but that doesn't tell us much. What we do know is that Ganondorf's youngest incarnation could match and exceed OoT Link's strength, and that TP Link is a peer to that.

TP Link being a peer to Ganondorf lets him topple the eponymous Temple of Doom on top of Batman, and Batman can't do anything about it. Link's lesser feats actually allow this as well, knocking around Blizzeta is comfortably enough. Link could seriously win this by pulling out the ball and chain, closing his eyes, and just going ham.

NotAllThatEvil
We don't know if TP=OoT ganondorf. Yes link is super human because of the yeti fight, and will beat the bat, but batman could probably knock off a couple ofhearts.

iscaremonkeys
LINNNNNNNK

ScreamPaste
We don't know if TP=OoT ganondorf. Yes link is super human because of the yeti fight, and will beat the bat, but batman could probably knock off a couple ofhearts. Except that Batman has no way to knock off any hearts. Explain to me how he hurts Link.

And we do know that OoT = TP Ganondorf, because they're the same guy, with the same power source, if anything Ganondorf became more powerful by TP, so nothing about that discredits the strength feat.

NotAllThatEvil
They obtained the source different ways and one of them spent centuries in twilight, which wr know messes with people.

Grenade baterangs...

ScreamPaste
The obtained the same powersource the same way. Ganondorf touched the Triforce in one timeline, so it split in both.

1. Breaks character.
2. Shield, wat nao?
3. It'd take the most hardcore grenade ever.
4. This doesn't make it a close fight, it's just more ineffectual flailing from Batman.

NotAllThatEvil
No. It split in the child because link earned it in the adult timeline and brought it back. It shatters into ity bity pieces in th AT and went to it's respective owners in the CT. Ganondorf neve went to the sacred real, never touched the entire thing, and never tried to make a wish.

Bombs in zelda have always been used to stop gorons. Gorons are strong enough to crush boulders. They won't do as mutch damage to link, but they willpprobably knock him around a bit.

ScreamPaste
No. It split in the child because link earned it in the adult timeline and brought it back. It shatters into ity bity pieces in th AT and went to it's respective owners in the CT. Ganondorf neve went to the sacred real, never touched the entire thing, and never tried to make a wish.

Bombs in zelda have always been used to stop gorons. Gorons are strong enough to crush boulders. They won't do as mutch damage to link, but they willpprobably knock him around a bit. Ganondorf in the original timeline touched it and it split. This happened simultaneously with his execution in the alternate timeline. Ganondorf ended up with it in both timelines.

We're off topic again, though. Ganondorf has the ToP, and is Ganondorf. He is not less powerful than Ganondorf with the ToP who is also Ganondorf, and you didn't address points 1 through 4.

Edit: you edited. Zelda bombs are pretty hardcore, but I'm not seeing a correlation, or how knocking Link back, assuming Batman lives that long, without damaging Link, knocks off some hearts.

NotAllThatEvil
1. He carries them for a reason. When he meets a superhuman he tosses them.
2. I assum the arang bart of batarang ment he could throw them AROUND the sheild.
3. Bombs stom gorons. Gorons can stop link. Bomb stop link.
4. If it works, its not flailing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>