Doomsday Vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

DoS Doomsday

Vs

Blue Marvel

Fight takes place in NY Time Square

carver9
Blue Marvel

abhilegend
Doomsday beats the shit out of him.

pym-ftw
BM has looked impressive, but he will need more showings if he wants to pull wins here.

KingD19
Based on the few showings he's had, he can handle Doomsday.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
Based on the few showings he's had, he can handle Doomsday.
No, he can't. Doomsday is above herald level beings' pay grade.

KingD19
You can think that. But going on feats, Blue Marvel can take wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
You can think that. But going on feats, Blue Marvel can take wins.
When Blue marvel can produce more power than Superman+martian manhunter+Guy Gardner+Booster Gold+Fire, he might make doomsday feel his attacks.

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2074-13.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2074-14.jpg
http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/panthergodII/Superman/1992%20-%20Death%20of%20Superman/?action=view&current=Supermanv2074-15.jpg

Untill then, he's going to be merked.

SevenShackles
^Abhi has a good point there.

curryman
Very good point.

You need to produce more output than Superman, MM and Guy in order to make Doomsday feel something.

rotiart
It's not like those guys amped each other. Doomsday was hit by five different attacks. It's like saying this guys bullet proof but if we spray him enough eventually he should get hurt! So the question is can blue marvel land a hit that's greater than the strongest of those attacks....

Well considering superman is able to do it solo later... Yeah there's that chance

abhilegend
Originally posted by rotiart
It's not like those guys amped each other. Doomsday was hit by five different attacks. It's like saying this guys bullet proof but if we spray him enough eventually he should get hurt! So the question is can blue marvel land a hit that's greater than the strongest of those attacks....

Well considering superman is able to do it solo later... Yeah there's that chance
Normal superman was hurting his hands punching doomsday. All out superman is a different beast altogether.

Supermex
Originally posted by curryman
Very good point.

You need to produce more output than Superman, MM and Guy in order to make Doomsday feel something.

Ok ok

Let's say Adam needs more power output to make DoS Doomsday
feel it...

Ill throw in Nova Prime an Vision

Fight now is :

Blue Marvel
Nova Prime
Vision

Vs

DoS Doomsday

Dooms rampagin thru NYC Time Square
That's where fight takes place...

carver9
How would Doomsday handle anti matter.

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9
How would Doomsday handle anti matter.

Good question. ...
I was thinkng that myself

curryman
Originally posted by Supermex
Good question. ...
I was thinkng that myself

Wouldn't surprise me if he could develop some tolerance to it, eventually.

I think it would take a death though smile

JakeTheBank
Doomsday.

Tornatic
Blue Marvel with his anti matter powers win.

Stoic
Many people are going off of the myth that DOS era Superman, and all of the other characters of that era are weak compared to what they are today, but the problem with this type of thinking is that for starters they are the same characters, at any point in time those same characters can perform as well, better, or worse than their best showings of the present.

If DC were to launch DOS today, his power would scale to whatever we thought was incredibly powerful these days. That being said, the same thing that happened to Kal would happen to Adam if we were to place him in Superman's role as the worlds protector. He would die, or come very close to it, and Doomsday would be knocked into a deep coma. Rinse and repeat.

mighty adam
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel lol really lol

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
Many people are going off of the myth that DOS era Superman, and all of the other characters of that era are weak compared to what they are today, but the problem with this type of thinking is that for starters they are the same characters, at any point in time those same characters can perform as well, better, or worse than their best showings of the present.

Care to elaborate, please?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Doomsday.

JakeTheBank

Several of those characters involved in that storyline have either gotten consistently better averages or even experienced explicit amps. DoS Doomsday isn't "weak", but plenty of characters have experienced better feats since then, including the two primary figures involved, Doomsday and Superman.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Care to elaborate, please?

Sure will. I've been on this forum as you know for several yrs, and in that time I've read how DOS era Superman was weaker than his later pre DCnU showings, but the S always allowed him to rise to any challenge no matter how great. Feats scale to whatever is needed on any particular storyline.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Several of those characters involved in that storyline have either gotten consistently better averages or even experienced explicit amps. DoS Doomsday isn't "weak", but plenty of characters have experienced better feats since then, including the two primary figures involved, Doomsday and Superman.

Read the above.

-Pr-
Sure will. I've been on this forum as you know for several yrs, and in that time I've read how DOS era Superman was weaker than his later pre DCnU showings, but the S always allowed him to rise to any challenge no matter how great. Feats scale to whatever is needed on any particular storyline.

Read the above.

Apologies, but I'm honestly not sure I'm following.

You believe it's a myth that DOS Superman is weaker than Preboot Superman due to the dynamic nature of Superman's powers? And thus, by extension, the same logic can be applied to Doomsday and the JLA?

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Apologies, but I'm honestly not sure I'm following.

You believe it's a myth that DOS Superman is weaker than Preboot Superman due to the dynamic nature of Superman's powers? And thus, by extension, the same logic can be applied to Doomsday and the JLA?

Yes and no. I strongly believe that Superman rises to the occasion (any occasion) that the story calls for him to rise to. Just like the Hulk's dynamic strength potential allows him to out muscle a planets eminent destruction by holding it together, and then struggle to beat several characters far below what would be needed to accomplish the same feat.

-Pr-
Yes and no. I strongly believe that Superman rises to the occasion (any occasion) that the story calls for him to rise to. Just like the Hulk's dynamic strength potential allows him to out muscle a planets eminent destruction by holding it together, and then struggle to beat several characters far below what would be needed to accomplish the same feat.

But? I see the yes, but not the no.

JakeTheBank
Superman rising to the occasion and saving the day (which is something virtually all heroes do) is one thing, but still, Superman has experienced explicit power ups in addition to just overall better feats since that era. The other characters involved have also experienced one or the other, sometimes both.

So, really, I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with outside of the notion that DoS Doomsday is "weak", Stoic, which, again, I don't believe he is, either.

Rao Kal El
I like Blue Marvel, but Imo Dd is taking this one home.

Whats up.with all those dd threads?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.