Exar Kun, Plagueis, and Sidious vs Luke, Yoda, Galen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ascendancy
Neutral Ground. The planet Caladan from Dune =p

Force
Sabers
All-out

The Sith contingent is enjoying a refreshing afternoon of riparian entertainments and tea when suddenly the light siders show up to crash the party. Who wins the day?

All Sith, Yoda, and Galen at peak. Luke as he appears at the end of LotF

Vensai
Force: Team two because you put Yoda and Luke on the same team
Sabers: maybe Team two but Galen brings them down somewhat
All-out: Team two

It helps that the Sith are unexpectedly attacked and somewhat caught by surprise.

axel_jovan
Which version of Sidious is this? Exar has amulets, I suppose?

axel_jovan
^ Ups, reading comprehension FTW embarrasment

IMO:
1) Force:
Marek's Force showings are absolutely beastly, add to this Yoda's power and mastery and Luke's own godly uberness and the Jedi have a decisive edge.

2) Sabers:
Touch call, on the one hand I believe Yoda and Luke are the best saber-duelist here, on the other Marek will hinder them here (though it does not mean he sucks, as many would like to believe. he is just a tier below his team mates.)
Team one has Sidious who will be a good match for Luke and Plagueis whom I see giving Yoda a good fight. However, Exar might be too much for Galen.

3) All-out: I'll give the edge to the Jedi, 7/10.

Intrepid37
Marek would get murdered by either of Team 1 so unless I'm forgetting some of his better force feats (not gonna bother looking through the books) Team 1 might edge it.

axel_jovan
^ Hmm, I strongly disagree.
Marek's Force showings eclipse Exar's and possibly Plagueis' IMHO. He is just a Force beast that pounds things to the ground, hard.

Morover, Yoda is confirmed to be Exar/Plagueis.
DE Sidious vs. Luke would be unholy to watch, but Luke edges out because of combat experience.

axel_jovan
^ The line should read: Yoda is confirmed to be above Exar/Plagueis.

Intrepid37
If you could link me to some of his feats from the games then I could change my mind.

Not sure about Kun, but Plagueis should take him.

Also, Marek is not a very good duelist. He's the weaklink imo.

Nephthys
Most of his best feats come from the novels. Such as:

'Another Rodian came running up the corridor behind him, firing at his back. He deflected the shots with his lightsaber and brought the ceiling down on the raider, effectively sealing himself into the hyperdrive access room. No matter. The walls were- weak with metal fatigue. He could punch out in an instant when he was finished.

Kneeling in front of the turbines, he took a handful of cables in both hands and called on the Force. Energy surged through him, making him stiffen. Sith lightning sparked from his skin and snaked through the ragged metal walls, floor, and ceiling. Distantly he heard screams as the many beings inside the wrecked corvette suffered from the aftereffects. He ignored them, along with the smell of smoke rising from his own tattered uniform.

Focus, he told himself. Undirected power was power wasted. Gritting his teeth, he gathered the energy and directed it down his arms, into his hands. Blue light strobed across his vision as the lightning flowed into the wires and from there into the hyperdrive mi bines. Groaning, then shrieking, the massive engine came alive. Damaged, completely out of alignment, and barely controllable, the turbine shook with propulsive power, then strained against the braces still holding it to the corvette's warped chassis.

The deck kicked underneath the apprentice. He swayed as the entire corvette shifted. With a terrible sound, it began to move, plowing a brutal furrow through the surrounding rubbish. He could picture it clearly in his imagination and through the vibrant flow of the Force. As lightning poured through him and into the engine, it pushed the stricken corvette physically out of his path. I he way to the Temple was now clear.

When he sensed that it had gone far enough, he relaxed his concentration. Smaller discharges of energy skittered across his skin. Somewhat shakily, he stood, then almost toppled over as the engine continued to fire, sending the corvette onward, out of his Control.

He hadn't expected that. There was enough residual potential in the turbine to keep it running for dozens of seconds. He had to get out of the corvette before it dragged him any farther from his goal.

Straining, he blew a hole in the side of the downed ship wide enough for a TIE fighter to pass through. The wall of a junk canyon was gliding by, raining rubbish. With one smooth leap, he caught hold of dangling cable and swung free of the wreck. It roared on, dragging itself through the dregs of the galaxy on its disintegrating belly, sending waves of disturbed filth radiating out ward from its path.'

'Soon the foyer was full of the twitching, smoking bodies of the temple's hapless guardians. He began to tire, not from exertion but from the tedium of knocking down droid after droid, to no apparent end. There might have been thousands of them.

Deactivating his lightsaber, he took a deep breath. With one mighty exhalation of power, he blasted all of them-those in pieces and those approaching with needle-tipped fingers and vibrosaws upraised-out of the foyer doors. Then he blasted the rubbish piles after them. He kept pushing until a dark cloud toured out over Raxus Prime's hideous landscape-an artificial hurricane full of droid golems.'

'Automated weapons emplacements spotted him instantly. Red weapons fire stitched lines of explosions across the station's patchwork hull as he ducked between the AT-AT's massive legs. Scooping up components from the nearest construction conveyor belt, he threw a series of high-speed missiles at the turrets, knocking five out of commission. A stream of Sith lightning put the AT-AT itself out of action, and a good, solid shove tipped it over with a crash, providing cover for the Wookiees when the time came to cross.

The quartet had already started firing at stormtroopers converging on the scene. A furious exchange of blasterfire painted the air thick with energy. The apprentice deflected anything headed his way as he hacked into the side of the AT-AT and dropped into its munitions bay. The crew within was no threat, killed by the lightning, but he was careful not to knock any of the charges in case their contents had become unstable. He didn't want it to blow up just yet.'

'With one powerful release of kinetic energy, he exploded tin bull rancor's head from within.'

In the novel he also destroys the Skyhook (you know, the thing that goes to orbit) with the Force, basically forcequaking it to pieces, casually considers destroying Kazdan Paradus' Junk Jedi Temple with a Force Push and in the description of the Star Destroyer scene its mentioned that he's actually denting the hull and moving it about.

Also calling him a weak duelist is laughable, given that the first games database claims that his lightsaber skills are 'almost perfect.'

Intrepid37
Thanks for the feats.

As for the duelist part, I mean to say ''not very good in comparison'' to others. My bad.

Intrepid37
There was only one thing he could do, and although he knew he wasn't likely to survive, he didn't hesitate. What was death when the love of his former life was at stake? Besides, anything was possible. Dying, as he had thought once before, always seemed to bring out the best in him.

With his mind and all the power of the Force, Starkiller embraced what remained of the frigate beneath him-and blew it into a billion pieces.

-The Force Unleashed II

I absolutely hate TFU.

axel_jovan

Intrepid37
As per his duel with Vader;

The apprentice knew exactly what to expect. They had dueled many times before. He had learned how to fight at the hands of the man in the black suit-the man whose face had been forever hidden from him. He knew the intimacies of his refined version of Djem So, a fighting style that incorporated elements of Ataru, Soresu, and Makashi. He had fended off many wild, slashing attacks that would have overwhelmed even an extraordinary Jedi Knight. He had borne the brunt of many psychological battles.

Ascendancy

axel_jovan
@ Ascendancy, thanks.

Yeah, Exar is good, very good, but still I think Galen is just a tier above him in raw power and damage he can cause.

Also, considering Exar's spirit form feats, I'm not sure if he can replicate them in his bodily form. After all, Exar never demonstrated this when he was well and alive.
Perhaps living as a spirit for thousands of years adds more knowledge and mastery of Force techniques? mmm

Ascendancy
Originally posted by axel_jovan
@ Ascendancy, thanks.

Yeah, Exar is good, very good, but still I think Galen is just a tier above him in raw power and damage he can cause.

Also, considering Exar's spirit form feats, I'm not sure if he can replicate them in his bodily form. After all, Exar never demonstrated this when he was well and alive.
Perhaps living as a spirit for thousands of years adds more knowledge and mastery of Force techniques? mmm

He seemed to be hinting that if he returned himself to bodily form he would still be just as capable, but it seems ambiguous. I think it could be argued either way.

Vensai
Originally posted by Ascendancy
He seemed to be hinting that if he returned himself to bodily form he would still be just as capable, but it seems ambiguous. I think it could be argued either way.
If he doesn't have the feats to show he can't do it, than he cannot. That said there's not much info to go on for him.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Vensai
If he doesn't have the feats to show he can't do it, than he cannot.

If he doesn't have the feats to show he can'tcan do it, than he cannot be said to do it.

Ascendancy
Again, have to say it's questionable. What he demonstrated was when he was on another plane of existence and had access to the Force itself from the description, so I'd likely have to say that yeah, there's not evidence to support that he would be nearly so strong when in body.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.