OWAW Superman Vs WM Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
No sun dip.

No BFRing.

-Pr-
No idea; as I don't know how powerful WM Thor is.

Damborgson
He's supposed to have a 10X increase to his strength. Though he's never actually been shown in comics.

xJLxKing
i honestly thought it was 100x. if Thor can fight intelligently while he is in wm state, he wins easily

Dolos
Originally posted by xJLxKing
i honestly thought it was 100x. if Thor can fight intelligently while he is in wm state, he wins easily

I doubt it effects his ability to fight coherently.

And given that in OWAW states Superman can destroy a moon effortlessly whereas normally he's afraid to go fast enough to do so without getting ko'd, I think he at least stands a fair chance power wise.

But then when you consider his sped up mental processes and his super-deductive combat capabilities shown against the IP Probe, he seems even more lethal just from his mental state.

Damborgson
Originally posted by xJLxKing

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Random/ThorWarriorMadness01502.jpg

He goes into a mindless rage so he probably wouldn't fight very well

xJLxKing
Y aeah, i thought as much. Honestly, it would be a fight where superman blitz like he did against probe. So it comes down to whether or not Thor can land a decent hit. His history spotted him hitting those who are fast. I'm still going with Thor 6-7/10.

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
He's supposed to have a 10X increase to his strength. Though he's never actually been shown in comics. Pretty sure Thor was in his 'berserker rage' mindset when he battled Maestro in Hulk #440.

That said, I'm definitely siding with Supes here. Not only was Thor unable to gain any sort of advantage over Maestro(berserker rage be damned), but he also turned into a simple brute/brick who used his mallet as little more than an archaic striking tool-- he utilized no esoteric abilities whatsoever.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Galan007
Pretty sure Thor was in his 'berserker rage' mindset when he battled Maestro in Hulk #440.

That said, I'm definitely siding with Supes here. Not only was Thor unable to gain any sort of advantage over Maestro(berserker rage be damned), but he also turned into a simple brute/brick who used his mallet as little more than an archaic striking tool-- he utilized no esoteric abilities whatsoever.

If Thor goes in the true, legitimate, warrior madness he can't leave it. During Blood and Thunder, Odin thought he was going to have to kill Thor because even he wouldn't be able to snap Thor out of it.

Galan007
The issue confirmed a few times that Thor was in his berserker rage mindset, though.

psycho gundam
and that hulk was in the realm of 10x stronger than thor

Damborgson
The issue confirmed a few times that Thor was in his berserker rage mindset, though.
Yes. That doesn't come with a 10X amp fortunately. He was just pissed and homicidal.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
and that hulk was in the realm of 10x stronger than thor

nuh-uh.

Galan007
Yes. That doesn't come with a 10X amp fortunately. He was just pissed and homicidal. Then that means the "berserker rage increases my power tenfold" scan you posted above must be hyperbole, as Thor was definitely in the aforementioned mindset during his battle with Maestro.

Damborgson
Then that means the "berserker rage increases my power tenfold" scan you posted above must be hyperbole, as Thor was definitely in the aforementioned mindset during his battle with Maestro.

Or it wasn't true Warrior Madness. Like I said, if he snapped out of it, he was just angry. Which while I'm sure doesn't hurt his strength, doesn't give him a 10X amp either.

Galan007
He never did snap out of it, though. Heck, even at the very end of the battle(after Maestro was nuked) Thor was stated to be at the peak of his rage:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15790183_Hulk440_17a.jpg
"Atomic fires fuel his already berserker fury."

Just saying...

carver9
Wasn't it also stated that he was in WM mode when he fought that Hulk? Stated on panel.

Damborgson
He never did snap out of it, though. Heck, even at the very end of the battle(after Maestro was nuked) Thor was stated to be at the peak of his rage:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15790183_Hulk440_17a.jpg
"Atomic fires fuel his already berserker fury."

Just saying...

He didn't snap out of it during the fight, he did calm down after all was said and done though. Which is impossible in Warriors Madness. According to Odin anyway. The whole thing is ambiguous since I'm not unaware of what the intention of the Thor vs Maestro fight probably was.

Originally posted by carver9
Wasn't it also stated that he was in WM mode when he fought that Hulk? Stated on panel.

That's irrelevant though if none of the symptoms are there.

carver9
How do you know if the symptoms was there or not? It clearly states he is in Warrior Madness mode. Can't get any clearer than that. What else is needed.?

Damborgson
The fact that he snapped out of it. WM is permanent, also i didn't see any sort of strength increase.

carver9
What was you expecting Thor to do with the strength increase from the Warrior madness, bench mountains? I don't even think that showing should be used against Thor since Hulk was also in a berserk state (which increase his strength as well). On panel, it was clearly depicted that he was in WM mode but Hulk was also furious which could be the reason he was still able to match and exceed Thor. Good showing for both and again, that doesn't hold precedence over this fight.

Galan007
He didn't snap out of it during the fight, he did calm down after all was said and done though. Which is impossible in Warriors Madness. According to Odin anyway. The whole thing is ambiguous since I'm not unaware of what the intention of the Thor vs Maestro fight probably was. Multiple references to Thor tapping berserker rage were made during that issue, therefore the writer's intention was made clear.

Dolos
Berserker Fury doesn't necessarily equate to Warrior Madness. That could just be a description of his mental state, not his physical one.

Damborgson
What was you expecting Thor to do with the strength increase from the Warrior madness, bench mountains? I don't even think that showing should be used against Thor since Hulk was also in a berserk state (which increase his strength as well). On panel, it was clearly depicted that he was in WM mode but Hulk was also furious which could be the reason he was still able to match and exceed Thor. Good showing for both and again, that doesn't hold precedence over this fight.

No. I expected him to actually show a strength increase. Did he do anything in that fight that he hadn't done before? That was actually a very low end Thor looking at the fight seeing as how he was visibly affected by cold air and water.

The symptoms still weren't there though.

Multiple references to Thor tapping berserker rage were made during that issue, therefore the writer's intention was made clear.

He failed to portray it regardless of his intention though.

celeyhyga17
He certainly did not start the fight in "warrior madness" as one has to be really enraged enough to enter it. The only real time it was mentioned was towards the end where Hulk's strongest blow throughout the whole fight only registered as an inconvenience to Thor. It's hard to call that true wm since Odin himself stated that there is no return from such a state. He was probably on the cusp, but not quite there.

Galan007
He failed to portray it regardless of his intention though. All the writer had to do is portray Thor as a mindless brute-- and he did that quite well, actually. He also used sufficient narration in conjunction with said portrayal.

Odin's ambiguous comment that berserker rage is somehow permanent(I'm pretty sure that isn't what he said, btw) doesn't supersede a entire battle from another comic.

Damborgson
All the writer had to do is portray Thor as a mindless brute-- and he did that quite well, actually. He also used sufficient narration in conjunction with said portrayal.

Odin's ambiguous comment that berserker rage is somehow permanent(I'm pretty sure that isn't what he said, btw) doesn't supersede a entire battle from another comic.

Being a mindless brute and calling it warriors madness is now the same thing? WM isn't something that can be snapped out of, and if he did regain composure then it wasn't the real deal. regardless of what he'd have liked, since WM was already established with its effects.

He said he couldn't cure it to be more specific. He was moments away from killing Thor before he realized it wasn't WM.

I don't have that scan, (rage does I know) but here's Moondragon confirming it

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/2942145-warlock_chronicles8_02.jpg

carver9
No. I expected him to actually show a strength increase. Did he do anything in that fight that he hadn't done before? That was actually a very low end Thor looking at the fight seeing as how he was visibly affected by cold air and water.

The symptoms still weren't there though.

He failed to portray it regardless of his intention though.

And again, what should he have done IYO to prove he was in WM? What were you expecting is what I am asking.

Damborgson
And again, what should he have done IYO to prove he was in WM? What were you expecting is what I am asking.

Not snap out of it. That would be true WM.

Spire
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/berserkerragewmsnappingoutofit.jpg

xJLxKing
I have changed my answer! Superman should take the majority

Galan007
Being a mindless brute and calling it warriors madness is now the same thing? Originally posted by Damborgson
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15790702_ThorWarriorMadness01502.jpg Per Thor, berserker rage = "mindless battle passion".

So like I said...

JakeTheBank
Different writers have penned different descriptions of Warrior's Madness and what it entails. In some cases, it's a state of mind that Thor can willingly go to (or be pushed in). In another, it was treated like a mental disease of sorts that, iirc, could spread to other Asgardians (which was why it was a big deal). In most of those, however, Thor doesn't really exhibit anything close to a amp and he pretty much sticks to melee attacks and hammer tosses with an occasional lightning bolt. Not that any of those things suck considering what he's done with those attacks, but no, he's not going to be a very intelligent fighter.

Superman would probably win, but Thor's ferocity would likely send him for a loop.

Damborgson
Per Thor, berserker rage = "mindless battle passion".

So like I said...

WM is a berseker rage, but not one that he'd calm down from.

Or the 10x amp is just hyperbole. /shrug

Galan007
Or the 10x amp is just hyperbole. /shrug Based on his fight with Maestro, this seems like the most logical conclusion, tbh.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Spire
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/berserkerragewmsnappingoutofit.jpg
laughing out loud

Anyway thor was most certainly in "warrior madness" against merged hulk in IH 440. It can't even be argued against.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20T-Z/HulkvsThor48.jpg

It most certainly wasn't a 10x amp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.