Superman Clone ranking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Always wondered how these Supermen clones rank amongst each other so I'm here to ask others opinions.

Majestic
Apollo (authority)
Icon
Supreme
The High
Omni-Man
King Hyperion
Gladiator (full confidence)

http://www.comicvine.com/the-high/4005-24389/

Branlor Swift
All of these clones rank higher than the original.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Branlor Swift
I thought that was a good enough answer.

Supreme is probably the highest with Apollo being the lowest. The others are interchangeable

Though I know nothing of the High

SevenShackles
thumb up ah ok then.

the Darkone
Supreme and Majestic are more like peers , they would be above King Hyperion and Apollo

8swords
the "high" ,.... LOL

Sensui
Majestic
Rob Liefeld's Supreme/Gladiator/The High/
Omni-Man/Icon/King Hyperion
Apollo

the Darkone
Truth be told, Plutonain is the most powerful clone Superman period!!

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Sensui
Majestic
Rob Liefeld's Supreme/Gladiator/The High/
Omni-Man/Icon/King Hyperion
Apollo
Nice list, so majestic over supreme? First time iv seen someone hold him in higher regard than Supreme, usually 'same' or below.

Sixth_Winged
Supreme
Majestic/King Hyperion
Gladiator
Omni-man
The High
Icon
Apollo

abhilegend
Omni-man fought Supreme to a double knock out and recovered first. He's at least as strong as him.

Mshinu

Indeed.

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
Omni-man fought Supreme to a double knock out and recovered first. He's at least as strong as him.

My man thumb up

Omni-man
Supreme
Majestic = Icon (imo)

No one else matters.

Eel O'Brien

You know nothing of The High but are still certain he ranks above the original...

nice... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scarlet315
Blue Marvel deserves a place in that ranking and if so then him.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
You know nothing of The High but are still certain he ranks above the original...

nice... roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes.

carver9
I thought that was a good enough answer.

Supreme is probably the highest with Apollo being the lowest. The others are interchangeable

This.

Digi
Most of the lists are fairly accurate. Majestic/Supreme near the top, Apollo at the bottom, the rest are somewhere between.

The High is an odd duck; was treated like Big 3 royalty in Wildstorm when he showed up...Majestic was even more cautious around him than usual. But in raw feats, he's lacking. Arguably below Apollo, though his implied power puts him comfortably higher.

High's role in World's End was fascinating and awesome, as well as how he reacted to it. So I've always seen him as more of a story-driven character than a feats one. Trying to pinpoint his power level is a fool's errand.

BeyondPower
SENTRY is the most powerful

nannasin28
iv seen someone hold him in higher regard than Supreme..

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
My man thumb up
Ewww.

uhuh

the Darkone
Originally posted by BeyondPower
SENTRY is the most powerful

No he is not, if you want to get technical Plutonian is the most powerful and that's fact

I rather take Supreme, Majestic, Gladiator, and the High over head case Sentry, who I wouldn't trust with a potatoe gun

cdtm
Originally posted by dmills
My man thumb up

Omni-man
Supreme
Majestic = Icon (imo)

No one else matters.

When did Invincibles old man fight Supreme?

I know Supreme fought Gladiator to a standstill..

And I thought Icon was below Superman? Majestic should be at least as strong/fast as the real deal, considering his solar system rearranging feats, and speed feats (Nano second reactions, and traveling something like 13 light years in the time it took to finish a few thought bubbles..)

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
When did Invincibles old man fight Supreme?

I know Supreme fought Gladiator to a standstill..

And I thought Icon was below Superman? Majestic should be at least as strong/fast as the real deal, considering his solar system rearranging feats, and speed feats (Nano second reactions, and traveling something like 13 light years in the time it took to finish a few thought bubbles..)
Supreme 67.
Originally posted by "Id"
Supreme vs Omni-Man
http://imgur.com/3At98
http://imgur.com/A8oxg
http://imgur.com/TqSl3
http://imgur.com/9ATUd
http://imgur.com/3J479
http://imgur.com/fSw2u
http://imgur.com/Jeh1G
http://imgur.com/HUmru
http://imgur.com/XYnn3

Also Lawl @ majestic being equal to superman. So, now you're touting majestic's superiority to superman instead of gladiator?

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
Supreme 67.

Also Lawl @ majestic being equal to superman. So, now you're touting majestic's superiority to superman instead of gladiator?

I'm saying he's above Icon.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
I'm saying he's above Icon.
He is.

BeyondPower
Originally posted by the Darkone
No he is not, if you want to get technical Plutonian is the most powerful and that's fact

I rather take Supreme, Majestic, Gladiator, and the High over head case Sentry, who I wouldn't trust with a potatoe gun
Sentry could beat all them at the same time.

JakeTheBank

Plutonian would obliterate Sentry, tbh.

Sensui
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Nice list, so majestic over supreme? First time iv seen someone hold him in higher regard than Supreme, usually 'same' or below.

I'm just following KMC's rules of Crossovers being invalid, so I pretty much ignore the Supreme vs. X character crossovers and go by what feats they've performed in their Universe and their relative comparison to other top tiers in their respective Universes.

abhilegend
Supreme vs Omni-Man is canon considering they are from same company and Supreme mentioned Omni-man's fight with Invincible and Omni-Man mentioned supreme's fight with Suprema.

Sensui
More of a in story crossover recon, Omni-man was no where to be found in the 90s during all the extreme Liefeld crossovers like sacrifice, destroyer, etc... nor was he apart of Wildstorm before being sold to DC. But according to this recent battle he'd known Supreme since the very beginning, they were old friends. confused

Reminds me of when Superman crossed over to the Fantastic Four Franklin Richards had long known of Superman and was playing with Superman toy dolls and considered him the greatest hero of all time. Other times Superman crosses over to Marvel they don't have a clue who he is.

Omni-man and Supreme (powerless mjolnir carrying version, daughter possessing son version, Alan Moores, Rob Liefeld's original, alternate dimension etc...), did not really exist on the same Earth until this recent comic Supreme 67.

I remember Invincible #60, a comic that had dozens of image characters show up to stop the Mark invasion of his alternate clones, including some that boasted about killing Omni-Man, and some of them were taken down by Savage Dragon, Pitt, Firebreather, and more. Image actually called this issue a "done-in-one crossover event" and above the title actually say "The Crossover Event of the Decade!"

So even if it is the same company, they do consider those to be crossover events. Now is that valid for KMC I don't know we'd need to have PR or some MOD rule on it.

Personally I judge intercompany crossovers the same way as company crossovers, be it Prime (from Ultraverse) fighting Marvel's Thor 50/50, when Marvel bought Malibu comics, it was still a crossover in my eyes.

the Darkone

No he wouldn't let's not get to carry away now, Sentry would get hit so hard he starts crying and leaves the battle field which he always does.

Plutonian would obliterate Sentry, that's a fact!

"Id"
1 - Plutonian
2 - Majestic
3 - Superman
4 - The rest.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Sensui
More of a in story crossover recon, Omni-man was no where to be found in the 90s during all the extreme Liefeld crossovers like sacrifice, destroyer, etc... nor was he apart of Wildstorm before being sold to DC. But according to this recent battle he'd known Supreme since the very beginning, they were old friends. confused

Reminds me of when Superman crossed over to the Fantastic Four Franklin Richards had long known of Superman and was playing with Superman toy dolls and considered him the greatest hero of all time. Other times Superman crosses over to Marvel they don't have a clue who he is._

Omni-man and Supreme (powerless mjolnir carrying version, daughter possessing son version, Alan Moores, Rob Liefeld's original, alternate dimension etc...), did not really exist on the same Earth until this recent comic Supreme 67._

I remember Invincible #60, a comic that had dozens of image characters show up to stop the Mark invasion of his alternate clones, including some that boasted about killing Omni-Man, and some of them were taken down by Savage Dragon, Pitt, Firebreather, and more. Image actually called this issue a "done-in-one crossover event" and above the title actually say "The Crossover Event of the Decade!"

So even if it is the same company, they do consider those to be crossover events. Now is that valid for KMC I don't know we'd need to have PR or some MOD rule on it._

Personally I judge intercompany crossovers the same way as company crossovers, be it Prime (from Ultraverse) fighting Marvel's Thor 50/50, when Marvel bought Malibu comics, it was still a crossover in my eyes. _

Lol yeah Omni-man being injected into the history of Image can feel a little awkward but not as awkward than what happened with the sentry._

If I remember correctly during all that stuff in invincible and the such Supreme wasn't an active earth based character. (could be remembering wrong) and alternate universes are different so even if they stated they killed their Omni-man it doesn't mean much in regard to current Omni-man from the mainstream universe. Also circumstance wasn't given either._
The crossovers are treated as canon in plenty of the other comics such as fire breather, dynamo five, savage dragon (where I believe invincible was introduced) Noble causes and Young blood where it's mentioned of given a nod of events or knowledge/friendship of one another. So it's not like some crossovers where everyone shows up, does stuff then goes home and seemingly forget everything. Characters from the same universe running into each other in canon should be...canon.

The Loki going to Malibu comicverse is sadly also canon but I wish it wasn't despite liking a handful of Malibu characters. The dc/marvel stuff I know isn't.

Q99

I'll disagree on at least one of them, namely Apollo. He can't hold as big a power tank as the others.

CosmicComet

2 - Majestic
3 - Superman

Majestic's speed feats are worse, his best durability feats are worse and his best strength feats are worse. And Captain Atom rated him just slightly under Superman.

There are no two ways about it.

Eel O'Brien
Several posters sound certain that Plutonian is at or near the top.

On what are you guys basing this? I've never actually read Irredeemable but you've piqued my curiosity...

the Darkone
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Several posters sound certain that Plutonian is at or near the top.

On what are you guys basing this? I've never actually read Irredeemable but you've piqued my curiosity...

Here is a quick list of Plutonian's Powers and Abilities:

- Matter Manipulation
- Weaponized use of Quantum Entanglement
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities
- Ability to Nullify Fundamental Forces of Nature
- Seeing through Objects- Subconsciously, can mentally alter the atomic structure of objects, allowing him to see by viewing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that only he can perceive.
- Durability- Subconsciously, mentally controls the density of his own skin and muscle.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage. Does the same to objects he is lifting, so enormous objects do not collapse under their own weight.
- Intangibility- Can alter his own density to allow mass to pass through him.

Most of the following quotations concern actions that the Plutonian does Subconsciously.-

- Qubit- "Operates outside the realm of known physics."
- Qubit- "Can redefine reality."
- Qubit- "able to alter quantum mechanics with his brain."
- Modeus- "Changing probability"
- Modeus- "Reversing entropy"
- Modeus- "seeing through time"
- Modeus- Eye Beams "Transfer Kinetic Energy to the air molecules, turning it into superheated gas"
- Modeus- Arctic Breath "can withdraw molecular motion from the air"
- Modeus- Flight "flies by shifting his mass through the atmosphere, telekinetically squeezing through it like soap through a fist"

And, as they have stated in a bunch of different ways, this is just the beginning of Tony's "awakening", learning about the use of his powers.

Modeus had to drain stars to beat Plutonian

Q99
In short, Plutonian is a strong reality warper who's powers started out mimicing the Superman set, rather than having the same powers as the others.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Plutonian would obliterate Sentry, tbh.

Plutonian's potential was insane, given his lineage and how his powers worked.

But he never learned to harness them, and fought like a brick. Got beat down enough, where a good Superman brick should be able to beat him.

"Id"
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Majestic's speed feats are worse, his best durability feats are worse and his best strength feats are worse. And Captain Atom rated him just slightly under Superman.

There are no two ways about it.
1) Your wrong.
2) Captain Atom is not a good point of refrence, given that his powers SPIKED to the point of being a cosmic threat.
3) There is.

Now go stand in the corner.

SevenShackles
Any others I might of missed in my list? (I avoided sentry on purpose but since he is already thrown into the mix consider him on the list lol)

bbrem123
sentry on top for sure

Branlor Swift
Sentry isn't powerful enough to be in this thread

CosmicComet
1) Your wrong.
2) Captain Atom is not a good point of refrence, given that his powers SPIKED to the point of being a cosmic threat.
3) There is.

1. You're wrong.
2. No.
3. There isn't. Majestic is lesser in EVERY feat that counts--barring maybe fighting skill.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by CosmicComet
1. You're wrong.
2. No.
3. There isn't. Majestic is lesser in EVERY feat that counts--barring maybe fighting skill.

atom did mention he wasn't superman strong but close but it's arguable his perception was off given his fight took place right after he arrived in the Wildstorm universe and Supposedly had an upgrade (new appearance and connection to whatever) also majestic was holding back. How can I tell? Later on captain atom is getting his face busted in by Apollo a character weaker than Majestic and comments something along the lines of 'he isn't like majestic or Maul, he is really going to kill me!' Apollo also walked threw atoms blasts after getting a near fatal dose of radiation (atom sped up his absorption of the suns rays until it almost killed him and burned his skin) the same blasts he hit majestic with that seemed to at least give him pause. All rather inconsistent to be used as a measuring stick unless you give his angered state when he attacked majestic as him tapping into his upgrade then later showing his base lvl trying his hardest not to be killed by Apollo.
You can argue that the 'sun overload' fully charged Apollo and that's why he walked threw atoms blasts but even a fully charge Apollo is inferior to Majestic and that's a fact so either Atom spiked in power and couldn't give an accurate rating of majestic or most likely he was holding back at which 'near superman' isn't a bad thing.

abhilegend
1) Your wrong.
3) There is.

Wanna bet? Byrne Superman has better feats than majestic.

StiltmanFTW

Sentry isn't powerful enough to be in this thread

thumb up

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by the Darkone
Here is a quick list of Plutonian's Powers and Abilities:

- Matter Manipulation
- Weaponized use of Quantum Entanglement
- Time Travel
- Psychic Abilities
- Ability to Nullify Fundamental Forces of Nature
- Seeing through Objects- Subconsciously, can mentally alter the atomic structure of objects, allowing him to see by viewing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that only he can perceive.
- Durability- Subconsciously, mentally controls the density of his own skin and muscle.
- Damage- Subconsciously, he reduces the mass of anything or anyone he is striking, for maximum damage. Does the same to objects he is lifting, so enormous objects do not collapse under their own weight.
- Intangibility- Can alter his own density to allow mass to pass through him.

Most of the following quotations concern actions that the Plutonian does Subconsciously.-

- Qubit- "Operates outside the realm of known physics."
- Qubit- "Can redefine reality."
- Qubit- "able to alter quantum mechanics with his brain."
- Modeus- "Changing probability"
- Modeus- "Reversing entropy"
- Modeus- "seeing through time"
- Modeus- Eye Beams "Transfer Kinetic Energy to the air molecules, turning it into superheated gas"
- Modeus- Arctic Breath "can withdraw molecular motion from the air"
- Modeus- Flight "flies by shifting his mass through the atmosphere, telekinetically squeezing through it like soap through a fist"

And, as they have stated in a bunch of different ways, this is just the beginning of Tony's "awakening", learning about the use of his powers.

Modeus had to drain stars to beat Plutonian
exactly what Sentry was on the pages of Dark Avengers right before siege. And also most of those were just potential powers, not actual powers that he had as evidenced by his parents subduing him with their time manip which he cant do anything about.

cdtm
It looked like the writer was heading towards Plutonian evolving into his powers, when he took control of the narrative, but either he decided to backpeddle on it, or he just didn't have enough time to flesh out his ideas properly before the series ended.

As it is, if Max Damage can hold his own, someone like Majestic or Superman should flat out beat him down.

SevenShackles
What's the most impressive thing the Plutonian has done? Never read the series myself but I'm interested now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.