Thor Vs Mongul Jr.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Slugfest without mjolnir. Who wins?

Horrificus
After researching previous threads and posts of well-read members, I'm gonna agree with abhi on this one and say that Thor would take it.

JakeTheBank
lol

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus
After researching previous threads and posts of well-read members, I'm gonna agree with abhi on this one and say that Thor would take it.

laughing out loud

He is trying his hardest to make people see Thor and Surfer in a different light, and we all know why.

Happy Dance

celeyhyga17
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

-Pr-
Thor.

Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

He is trying his hardest to make people see Thor and Surfer in a different light, and we all know why.

Happy Dance

Warned for bashing.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor.

Warned for bashing.

Bashing? You even admitted he is doing the same thing. I don't bash.

SevenShackles
Thor should win. Mongul jr never came across as impressive until he got his questionable numbered fingers on those sinestro Corp rings.

-Pr-
Bashing? You even admitted he is doing the same thing. I don't bash.

Are you a mod? No? Then stfu. You know backseat modding is against the rules too.

Yes, you bash plenty.

carver9
Are you a mod? No? Then stfu. You know backseat modding is against the rules too.

Yes, you bash plenty.

You win Pr. I never thought of myself as a mod and I never intended to backseat mod either.

-Pr-
Really, I wouldn't mind, but the lies don't help.

Plus, I haven't had my tea yet.

xJLxKing
Does Mongul have the rings? If so, he wins. Otherwise, Thor

Horrificus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Does Mongul have the rings? If so, he wins. Otherwise, Thor He should only get to keep his Toe Rings and anklet. Maybe his Belly-Button Ring. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Horrificus
laughing out loud

Happy Dance Carver, your hurtful attacks are legendary! It's true.

And, although I appreciate Pr attempting to curb your hate, I'll risk it and ask why you think I want people to see them in a different light. big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Thor should win. Mongul jr never came across as impressive until he got his questionable numbered fingers on those sinestro Corp rings.
Not true. He's oneshotted Wonder Woman and decapitated Mongal who was stronger than powergirl with a backhand. He was also tanking HV like nothing and backhanding superman away like a ragdoll.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15797203_InfiniteCrisis01b.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3162/greenlanternv400827.jpg

He's likely stronger than Thor. Durability is a wash. I don't see how this is so easily favored to thor. This is one heck of a fight.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not true. He's oneshotted Wonder Woman and decapitated Mongal who was stronger than powergirl with a backhand. He was also tanking HV like nothing and backhanding superman away like a ragdoll.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15797203_InfiniteCrisis01b.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3162/greenlanternv400827.jpg

He's likely stronger than Thor. Durability is a wash. I don't see how this is so easily favored to thor. This is one heck of a fight.
WTH? Is that his average or a high showing? Because if that's his average, this is spite against Thor.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
WTH? Is that his average or a high showing? Because if that's his average, this is spite against Thor.
Average showing.

zopzop
Average showing.
Then Thor dies painfully.

Horrificus
Well, if abhi and zop have decided against Thor, I KNOW it is unbiased and logical! I'm with you guys. roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
It's a high showing.

And nobody said Thor would win easily.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Then Thor dies painfully.
Thorbags certainly disagree.

abhilegend
It's a high showing.

And nobody said Thor would win easily.
Why is it a high showing? You know Mongul Sr. had Wonder Woman hurting her hands on hitting him which was made canon post-crisis.

xJLxKing
that scan only proves his high high feat. Not to mention, taking it out of context

-Pr-
Why is it a high showing? You know Mongul Sr. had Wonder Woman hurting her hands on hitting him which was made canon post-crisis.

Yeah, but that's Mongul junior. The same guy that's been one-shot by Krypto, walked all over by Superman more than once, and beaten by Hal and Ollie working together.

I think he'll give Thor a hell of a fight, but I'm not about to agree that his average is to go around smacking the shit out of Superman and Wonder Woman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by xJLxKing
that scan only proves his high high feat. Not to mention, taking it out of context
What was out of context? Also its an average showing of him since he's just so few showings to his name.

abhilegend
Yeah, but that's Mongul junior. The same guy that's been one-shot by Krypto, walked all over by Superman more than once, and beaten by Hal and Ollie working together.

I think he'll give Thor a hell of a fight, but I'm not about to agree that his average is to go around smacking the shit out of Superman and Wonder Woman.
Krypto ripped his throat out. Not a bad showing since krypto can injure even SBP with his bite. Hal exploited his vulnerability to cutting and impaled him with several arrows. Before that he oneshotted hal and oneshotted killed Mongal. Since Thor isn't going to shoot him with arrows, its moot anyway. All out superman would do the same to thor. The only time superman has walked over mongul was when he went all out. Mongul always looked stronger than holding back superman.

-Pr-
Krypto ripped his throat out. Not a bad showing since krypto can injure even SBP with his bite. Hal exploited his vulnerability to cutting and impaled him with several arrows. Before that he oneshotted hal and oneshotted killed Mongal. Since Thor isn't going to shoot him with arrows, its moot anyway. All out superman would do the same to thor. The only time superman has walked over mongul was when he went all out. Mongul always looked stronger than holding back superman.

I don't agree. IMO, Mongul is a very solid mid-high herald. With the rings, that gets higher.

carver9
Carver, your hurtful attacks are legendary! It's true.

And, although I appreciate Pr attempting to curb your hate, I'll risk it and ask why you think I want people to see them in a different light. big grin

My post wasn't directed at you. Lets get off that topic..

abhilegend
I don't agree. IMO, Mongul is a very solid mid-high herald. Wirth the rings, that gets higher.
Well, that certainly makes me right.

sneer

-Pr-
Well, that certainly makes me right.

sneer

In Bizarro world, maybe.

abhilegend
In Bizarro world, maybe.
In real world you drunk, Irish hooligan.

ranting

iceman24567
Thor wins

Spire
Regardless of how one views Mongol Jr's formidability or threat factor, he was always strong and could fight Superman physically. And this thread is about macho face punching. Thor is also without Mjolnir, so...

If Thor had his hammer I'd give a strong yes in his favor.

Either way, they make each other work for it.

-Pr-
In real world you drunk, Irish hooligan.

ranting

Hey, I am not a hooligan.

Horrificus
My post wasn't directed at you. Lets get off that topic.. gotcha

abhilegend
Hey, I am not a hooligan.
LIES!!!!!!!

Philosophía
I'd lean towards Mongul, to be honest. Mostly because I think he'd win a slugfest with Wonder Woman too, and I for me Thor and Wonder Woman are roughly interchangeable when 'slugfest' types are concerned.

curryman

D-Block
Thor wins

deathlife
Thor wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
With or without yellow rings?

Without rings.

You think WW is stronger than Thor?

eek!

curryman
Yes.

zopzop
Yeah, but that's Mongul junior. The same guy that's been one-shot by Krypto....
I just want your opinion on this : If it was THor's throat that Krypto savaged like that, what would have happened to Thor?

-Pr-
He'd be ****ed up. I just mentioned it because I like giving Krypto props whenever I can.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Yes.
That's pretty bold for a thor fan. Nearly everyone of them believe thor to be stronger than her. Kudos.

abhilegend
He'd be ****ed up. I just mentioned it because I like giving Krypto props whenever I can.
Dick.

uhuh

curryman
That's pretty bold for a thor fan. Nearly everyone of them believe thor to be stronger than her. Kudos.

Yeah, I don't know why people think Thor's as strong as Superman either. I guess a lot of people think that because they're often put around the same power-level it's okay to fall into the logical fallacy of "middle ground".

Some people think Thor's stronger and some people think Wonder Woman's stronger. So obviously the reasonable answer is that they're somewhere around the same level right? laughing

Diplomatic, yes. Right? No big grin

Eel O'Brien
I'd like to give Thor the majority, but I have to say Mongul.

People usually argue Thor gets an advantage over Superman based on fighting skill, but Mongul is famous for "teaching" Superman super-powered combat; which means Mongul has plenty of "skill".

Also, it seems that, for the most part, Superman really has to turn on his speed to outclass Mongul; something that Thor won't be able to reproduce.

Thor can/will take some wins and every match is hard fought on both sides.

carver9

I would say he's more of a Superman and Wonder Woman fan than a Thor fan viewing his posts. Who do you think is stronger out of Wondy and Thor?

the Darkone
Thor wins in a hard fought battle, Thor brings versatility to the table as where Superman, Wonder Woman really don't. I can see Thor winning the majority it's hard battle every time, unless Thor goes Warrior Madness then it gets really ugly.

Golgo13
This is just a slugfest. Mongul Jr. was showing some insane damage soak and even got his eye shot out of him. I lean towards him.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor wins in a hard fought battle, Thor brings versatility to the table as where Superman, Wonder Woman really don't. I can see Thor winning the majority it's hard battle every time, unless Thor goes Warrior Madness then it gets really ugly.

Op says "slugfest" stick out tongue

Horrificus
Thor has been sliced and diced. He even had a double handed, all 6 claws through his chest from Logan and it literally did nothing but get him mad. He has even been able to catch magical blades in the palm of his hands.

These are just off the top of my head.

the Darkone
Thor still wins

Horrificus
Thor has been sliced and diced. He even had a double handed, all 6 claws through his chest from Logan and it literally did nothing but get him mad. He has even been able to catch magical blades in the palm of his hands.

These are just off the top of my head. Thor's damage soak feats dwarf Mongul Jr. You guys have got to be kidding.
Everything from tanking Celestial blasts, to being stabbed in multiple (usually) vital areas and, once, he was thrown to his back by Surtur and while prone, received a full wind-up, from above, Surtur punch to the entire body. And survived.

And, because Thor has so many, many of these kinds of showings, you guys cannot just discount them, regardless of low showings.

And, as far as the slugfest goes, we all know that Thor also has great showings of street-fighting with and without Mjolnir.

If needed, I can get the scans, then you guys can roll them up and stuff them in your a$$e$. big grin

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

... Krypto... disgust

curryman
I agree Horrificus.

If Thor wins then it's mainly because of his damage soak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.