Predator vs. Engineer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Hand to hand combat only.

Fight to the death

ScreamPaste
Engineer from TF2?

Tzeentch._
Engineer from Prometheus, probably.

ScreamPaste
The eingineers in the alien frnachise predate prometheus, they were called space jockeys or something. They also lack actual feats and were busted up by the Aliens.

Tzeentch._
... but they do have feats in Prometheus. Which is why I'm assuming he's referring to the engineers in Prometheus.

Which weren't all that badass iirc. Significantly stronger than a human, but then so were the predators. idk

Kazenji
Predator

they have plenty of feats not just with the movies, Also comics.

juggerman
Predator easily

Placidity
Depends if Engineer knows Kung Fu.

juggerman
Engineer was strong enough to rip Magneto's head off. He might pose a threat to a Predator but i see the Pred winning more often

BruceSkywalker
Predator stomps

KingD19
I'm pretty sure a Predator could have mangled David just as easily.

quanchi112
Predator easily.

Supra
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
... but they do have feats in Prometheus. Which is why I'm assuming he's referring to the engineers in Prometheus.

Which weren't all that badass iirc. Significantly stronger than a human, but then so were the predators. idk

Yes the ones from Prometheus. We will have to wait for Prometheus 2 to come out to see more feats from them.

Supra
Originally posted by juggerman
Predator easily

Ok but the Engineers where strong as **** and bigger then predators. And pretty smart too.

KingD19
Pretadors were uber strong as well. And they have more feats to draw from than Engineers. Like a Predator tossing an Alien dozens of feet through a stone wall a few feet thick. And shaking the temple when he landed from a jump.

Supra
Originally posted by KingD19
Pretadors were uber strong as well. And they have more feats to draw from than Engineers. Like a Predator tossing an Alien dozens of feet through a stone wall a few feet thick. And shaking the temple when he landed from a jump.

Id say they are on the same strength level but predators might have better hand to hand combat skills..but in the end Dutch did kill one on his own so who knows.

KingD19
Dutch beat the Predator by dropping a gigantic object on him. Not in hand to hand combat. But Dutch was clearly much stronger than a normal person. And that Predator wasn't the strongest shown. That title goes to Scar and Wolf for the strongest normal Predator's.

quanchi112
Dutch beat the Predator by dropping a gigantic object on him. Not in hand to hand combat. But Dutch was clearly much stronger than a normal person. And that Predator wasn't the strongest shown. That title goes to Scar and Wolf for the strongest normal Predator's. What makes you think that Scar was stronger than the Celtic predator ?

KingD19
Oh. it was Celtic I was thinking of. Not Scar. Celtic was the strongest of the 3 brothers. Scar was the best fighter and survived to the end. But he did show some strength considering how high he jumped to stab the Queen in the face, and I'm not sure whether it was him or Celtic who caught an alien one handed then killed it.

quanchi112
Oh. it was Celtic I was thinking of. Not Scar. Celtic was the strongest of the 3 brothers. Scar was the best fighter and survived to the end. But he did show some strength considering how high he jumped to stab the Queen in the face, and I'm not sure whether it was him or Celtic who caught an alien one handed then killed it. Scar caught a smaller baby alien but Celtic was clearly far stronger.

KingD19
Yeah. Celtic and Wolf were the two strongest Predator's shown so far.

quanchi112
Yeah. Celtic and Wolf were the two strongest Predator's shown so far. What about the Beserker Predator ?

KingD19
He's strong, but we only ever see him fight a weakened Predator who had been tortured for quite some time and obviously was weakened a great deal. And Royce, who actually did quite well for himself. If Celtic or Wolf had been in a fight with Royce, he wouldn't have survived.

quanchi112
He's strong, but we only ever see him fight a weakened Predator who had been tortured for quite some time and obviously was weakened a great deal. And Royce, who actually did quite well for himself. If Celtic or Wolf had been in a fight with Royce, he wouldn't have survived. Royce was using Arnies tricks and would have been beaten had the woman not interfered. Beserker ripped a spine out of a man with pure strength. He's up there in the conversation.

KingD19
True he was hiding in the flames. But Berserker got his hands on him and was beating on him. If Wolf or Celtic had been beating on him even hand to hand, he wouldn't have lasted long enough to come back from it. And every predator seems to have the ability to rip a head/spine from a body.

I'm not saying he's not strong, but he doesn't have the feats necessary to put him up there with Celtic and Wolf.

quanchi112
True he was hiding in the flames. But Berserker got his hands on him and was beating on him. If Wolf or Celtic had been beating on him even hand to hand, he wouldn't have lasted long enough to come back from it. And every predator seems to have the ability to rip a head/spine from a body.

I'm not saying he's not strong, but he doesn't have the feats necessary to put him up there with Celtic and Wolf. The Beserker still beat the Pred as well. You're arguing formidability. I'm not arguing he is stronger only that he is up there.

KingD19
The Predator he beat had been chained, malnourished, and tortured for a while. He clearly wasn't in top form. And I said the same thing. He's strong, but not stronger than Wolf and Celtic. Who have more strength feats than him.

quanchi112
The Predator he beat had been chained, malnourished, and tortured for a while. He clearly wasn't in top form. And I said the same thing. He's strong, but not stronger than Wolf and Celtic. Who have more strength feats than him. The predator wasn't in top shape but was clearly outsized in direct comparison. These are the three strongest Predators from the films.

juggerman
Originally posted by Supra
Ok but the Engineers where strong as **** and bigger then predators. And pretty smart too.

They still lose

Kazenji
Wouldn't be surprised if a predator could pick up a Engineer with both hands and throw them.

quanchi112
Engineers clearly lose.

BloodRain
What does the Engineer even have to be a challenge here?

juggerman
Originally posted by BloodRain

I guess it's size and strength it what the OP figured made it a good match for the Predator. Either way we haven't seen anything from them yet to think they can match a Pred imo

KingD19

A menacing glare.

BloodRain
^I think we have a winner then.

quanchi112
What does the Engineer even have to be a challenge here? Wishful thinking on the op's part.

Supra

IMO Size and strength shown in Prometheus. Very smart creatures as well creating humans and alens alike. I figured they could hold there own in a hand to hand fight. The engineer got shot several times and tanked the bullets like it was nothing. So hes got some durability as well. He also put up the best fight he could against the queen in the last part of Prometheus. I dont think the fate would have been any different for any of the predators.

I never stated who would win I just posted a vs. thread to get a final answer. So it obviously goes to predator. However I still think it would be a pretty cool fight. It was cool watching Dutch fight Predator hand to hand so fighting an engineer hand to hand would be even more radical.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Supra
IMO Size and strength shown in Prometheus. Very smart creatures as well creating humans and alens alike. I figured they could hold there own in a hand to hand fight. The engineer got shot several times and tanked the bullets like it was nothing. So hes got some durability as well. He also put up the best fight he could against the queen in the last part of Prometheus. I dont think the fate would have been any different for any of the predators.

I never stated who would win I just posted a vs. thread to get a final answer. So it obviously goes to predator. However I still think it would be a pretty cool fight. It was cool watching Dutch fight Predator hand to hand so fighting an engineer hand to hand would be even more radical. Yeah, the Predator clearly wins.

Kazenji
Funny how the only thing people have seen of the Predator is of them in the movies.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Funny how the only thing people have seen of the Predator is of them in the movies. Huh ?

Zack Fair
Who is Celtic again?

KingD19
Celtic is the Predator from AvP. The really big one that tossed Grid(the alien with the grid pattern etched into his forehead) around the temple for like 5 minutes.

Celtic, Chopper, and Scar were the three Predators that were in the temple.

Zack Fair
Ahh.

Celtic was the manliest predator.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Who is Celtic again? One strong badass Predator who dominates an Alien physically.

Kazenji
Originally posted by quanchi112
Huh ?

Think about it

this is an 'All verses section' (Supposedly) and people are still using the movies.

quanchi112
Think about it

this is a an verses section (Supposedly) and people are still using the movies. most people haven't read the comics.

Kazenji
That's because they suck.

quanchi112
That's because they suck. Youre quite antagonistic.

Igniz
Originally posted by quanchi112
Engineers clearly lose.

First off! I apologize to everyone for bumping this thread. But I recently finished reading Predator Fire and Stone.I don't know if anyone has read it here.But the Predator took on an Engineer. And in the story The Predator fought the Engineer.At first they seemed evenly matched.The Engineer even took a close range Plasma Caster directly at his chest.In fact, this made the Engineer pissed off at the Predator.The Engineer gave the Predator a beating he'll never forget.He even broke the Predator's left arm and knee.The Engineer made a wimp out of the Predator.The Engineer even got impaled by the Predator's spear.Yet the Engineer took off the spear from his chest.This didn't stop the Engineer.The Predator only survived when the human he was with came back holding an Engineer gun and used it on the Engineer.The Engineer was still alive.Although albeit weakened.The battle ends when the Predator took off his activated wrist bomb near the weakened Engineer.Bottomline, a regular Engineer almost killed a regular Predator in combat.Engineer wins this.Sorry Pred fans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.