RotS Sidious and RoT Bane run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan

Vensai
Stops at 6.

Pwned
Sidious at this point could beat Plagueis.

Bane would utterly tool Caedus.

Bane and Plagueis would be a toss up.
Sidious would destroy Caedus.

They clear.

Intrepid37
Depends on how well Caedus fares against the likes of Sidious. Having not read any of the books in that era I can't speak for him, but he needs to be atleast Dooku-level for them to have a chance.

So they'll clear.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Pwned
hmm... erm

Possibly.

However, I recall a thread about the two where it has been powerfully argued that after all Plagueis, per the rule of two, is the strongest one, and his midichlorian manipulation will eventually cost Bane his life./shrug

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Depends on how well Caedus fares against the likes of Sidious. Having not read any of the books in that era I can't speak for him, but he needs to be atleast Dooku-level for them to have a chance.

So they'll clear.
From what I gather Caedus gave Luke hell in sabers. (to what extend it was circumstantial, I'm not sure.) He also effortlessly bested Katarn and the strike team...On the other hand Mara Jade nearly ended him...

My personal opinion is that Caedus is in the same tier of saber prowess as the good Count, and that his Force powers eclipse Dooku's but are not quite on the level of RotS Sidious.

You know, you should ask Arhael, he seems to know a heck lot about Caedus.

EDIT:
I think they can have problems as soon as #1.
Obviously Maul and Savage will be cut down by Sids, but Kas'im (whom I see as superior to Savage in sabers) and Ventress will give trouble to Bane, no doubt.
Also, if the teams change opponents, again Sids takes Ventress and Kas'im down, but Savage and Maul will give Bane hell IMHO.

#5 I think OT Vader has a very good chance at taking Bane down due to his Force powers that eclipse Bane's IMHO.

Intrepid37
http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Darth_Plagueis_back.jpg

So yeah.

axel_jovan
^ thumb up

Yeah, it warrants a belief that Plagueis > Bane

EDIT: This reminds me, IIRC a book cover called Caedus to be even more powerful than his grandfather, Darth Vader.

Intrepid37
Wait for the Bane supporters saying it's non-canon. Wait for it.

Anyway:

1. Sidious and Bane completely stomp this
2. Same as #1
3. Probably a stomp
4. Probably a stomp
5. Wins with mid-difficulty.
6. Wins with hard difficulty. Bane may die.

axel_jovan

Pwned
Are you guys trying to use a teaser as proof?
Those seriously are not canon, and AFAIK nobody has actually tried to use one as such.

Also, Bane has orbalisks.

Luke wasn't trying to kill Caedus.

Plagueis is not the strongest, Palpatine has several quotes that say he is. Plus, Sidious, as per the Rule of Two, was stronger than Plagueis was anyways.

Intrepid, I love how you like to ignore what Bane can do. The guy got to the top tier for a reason.

Nephthys
Sidious at this point could beat Plagueis.

Bane and Plagueis would be a toss up.
Sidious would destroy Caedus.

They clear.

Ben "cA" Risa
Originally posted by Nephthys

More importantly, since when did you discover the awesomeness that is the visual novel genre?

Ascendancy
At one, both Bane and Sidius could tear the foursome apart with the Force without even having to resort to sabers, and outclass them utterly even if they decide to engage them with blades.

Two through four are a breeze as well. Five may require some sweat, but they will never be in danger of dying.

Six, peak Sidious definitely outclasses his successor. Bane is Caedus' superior in every way. This is certainly the hardest battle of the gauntlet, but there's no reason they shouldn't come out the victors here either.

Keep in mind that Caedus' only kill against a high-level duelist is Mara Jade, whom he poisoned when she was about to kill him. His only success against Luke came due to favorable setting for their encounter, despite which he still lost. As to his command of the Force, he had a lot of special abilities such as Time Walking, but even the reference to being greater than Vader is only so so, as we know how diminished Vader was by his injuries.

They clear and go home to contemplate their navels after a hard day at the office.

Based
1. Stops at 6.
2. Clears rather easily

Intrepid37
Intrepid, I love how you like to ignore what Bane can do. The guy got to the top tier for a reason.

laughing

Nephthys
Originally posted by Ben "cA" Risa
More importantly, since when did you discover the awesomeness that is the visual novel genre?

Since I started watching Phoenix Wright Lets Plays. A fellow on youtube named Fuandon does them, and he also did one on 999. Most of his stuff is visual novels.

Ben "cA" Risa
Check out Ever17 if you can, it's basically 999's older brother and you should be able to find a way of playing the PC version easily enough. Try to stay away from the Lets Plays as well, playing the games is basically no added effort and this way you get to actually make the choices.

999's sequel, Remember11, and Never7 are all fine choices as well, as are Chaos;Head and Saya no Uta. Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are overrated.

NewGuy01
The last fight would be extremely difficult, but they could clear.

Caedus alone should be an even match for Bane, as Plagues would be for Sidious. Certainly a close toss up.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Ben "cA" Risa
Check out Ever17 if you can, it's basically 999's older brother and you should be able to find a way of playing the PC version easily enough. Try to stay away from the Lets Plays as well, playing the games is basically no added effort and this way you get to actually make the choices.

999's sequel, Remember11, and Never7 are all fine choices as well, as are Chaos;Head and Saya no Uta. Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are overrated.

Yeah, but I've got minus 600 pounds to my name. I can't afford to spend money on games! And illegally downloading them is too risky, I always get virus' from that stuff.

Vensai
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The last fight would be extremely difficult, but they could clear.

Caedus alone should be an even match for Bane, as Plagues would be for Sidious. Certainly a close toss up.
Sidious should be above Plagueis by ROTS. And Caedus would do well against Bane too considering his performance against Luke.

Pwned
Caedus won't stand a chance, though. Bane has Orbalisks.

Caedus' best thing is his lightsaber ability. But when that is totally irrelevant due to the Orbalisks and Bane himself? He resorts to Force powers. Which Bane more than likely outclasses him in.

Arhael
Luke wasn't trying to kill Caedus.

"He parried a weak slash at his thighs, then drew his blade up diagonally where his nephew's chest should have been."

"Luke landed a snap-kick to the stomach that lifted Jacen a meter off the deck, then followed it with a slash to the neck-"

"Luke closed to within two meters without saying a word. What point would there have been? Jacen wasn't going to surrender, and Luke wouldn't have believed him if he offered. It was better to attack quickly, while he still had the advantage. He brought his lightsaber up to strike."

Obralisk does not make Caedus' saber ability irrelevant. Obralisk has got weaknesses and Caedus knows well how to exploit these weaknesses since he fought Youzhan Vong.

Mizukage Yoda
Uhhh doesn't Caedus also have the ability to see shatterpoints making him especially effective against Orbalisks?

Nephthys
Dunno if he could capitalize on any of it. Whats he going to do, try to pull that tapping shite again? Other than that you don't need Shatterpoint to see Banes weakpoints, they're in plain view.

Vensai
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Uhhh doesn't Caedus also have the ability to see shatterpoints making him especially effective against Orbalisks?
Agreed.
Two techniques I know are effective against Orbalisks are FL and Shatterpoint, both of which Caedus is able to utilize against Bane.

Raptor22
Could jacen possibly be able to influence/manipulate the orbalisks like he did with the yammaosk, sand dragon and other creatures.

Ben "cA" Risa
We can't say for sure that the orbalisks do in fact possess a shatterpoint in the first place and we have reason to believe they don't; for one thing Bane was never able to find a means of securely removing them (this of course doesn't rule out methods that would be harmful to Bane in their removal, such as electricity) and given that Shatterpoint is I believe a technique that all Force-Users are capable of utilizing (the likes of Mace, Caedus and Luke were notable for having a special talent with the ability) and Bane has demonstrated some ability to use the Force to probe for weaknesses (in his second fight with Sirak) I feel we can safely assume that given enough time, he would be able to achieve the same effect that Caedus might otherwise immediately be able to. That he was never able to find a means to remove them would suggest that they don't possess such a non-harmful means of removal that would be discernible and available to a Force-User in any practical terms. It's also pretty heavily exposited that electricity was the only practical method of removing them, and no alternative method has been suggested in either any of the reference material that has been released thus far nor from Zannah's own personal experience with the Jedi Archives. I find it unlikely that they do possess such a critical weakness.

I also recall that Mace personally found some difficulty in using Shatterpoint in dynamic situations, and it's also worth noting that detecting a shatterpoint means little if you are not able to capitalize on it, and given Bane's speed it's very likely that any momentary hole in his defenses would be quickly filled. In the first place, we can't say for sure that he does in fact leave any holes in his defense, as far as the capacity to which he protects the few vulnerable areas that the orbalisks do not.

Regarding Force Lightning, it can only be said to be a weakness to the orbalisks in the sense that it can potentially damage the orbalisks where by comparison other forms of attack practically cannot ever. The orbalisks still offer a far greater than usual protection to electricity; certainly far more than the naked human skin. And of course Bane has plenty of means of preventing it from touching the orbalisks in any event anyway.

GM Skywalker

Nephthys
Welcome to the forum. smile

axel_jovan

Nephthys
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Hmm, there is always a possibility that Vader overwhelms Bane with the Force.

tehe

The_Tempest
Wow, not even a possibility that Vader could beat Bane Force-wise? facepalm

Nephthys
Theres a possibility that he could beat him, but not that he could overwhelm him imo.

The_Tempest
Theres a possibility that he could beat him, but not that he could overwhelm him imo.

Would you mind clarifying as to the distinction between "beat" and "overwhelm" in this context?

Nephthys
Well you might be able to beat a bear in a fistfight, its happened, but I doubt you could overpower one.

axel_jovan
tehe
LOL wut?

Destroying a cathedral, tackling a ship with the Force, matching Galen "I disintegrate frigates and topple AT-AT with ease" Marek > Bane's TK.

Nephthys
The cathedral feat hasn't been proven to an extent that I'd recognise it as valid, you just said that Caedus tackled a ship, are you sure you're not confusing them? If not, I've never seen Vader 'tackle' a ship. And point out where Vader matches Marek in TK.

The_Tempest
Well you might be able to beat a bear in a fistfight, its happened, but I doubt you could overpower one.

Bro, I think you might be splitting hairs on this one.

Nephthys
Aren't you doing the same thing?

The_Tempest
Aren't you doing the same thing?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3a33ltq5k1qe4yei.gif

...How?

Nephthys
By being all 'wow, not even a possibility'!? Splitting hairs over the use of the word 'possibility'. When I didn't actually say that there wasn't a possibility in the first place.

The_Tempest
By being all 'wow, not even a possibility'!? Splitting hairs over the use of the word 'possibility'. When I didn't actually say that there wasn't a possibility in the first place.

Ah, my mistake. I assumed condescending!Bill Gates was there to express your condescension rather than consensus. thumb up

Nephthys
It was.

To the possibility of Caedus Vader 'overwhelming' Bane. he

The_Tempest
Is Caedus an anagram for Vader?

Nephthys
Whoops.

The_Tempest
Concession accepted.

axel_jovan

axel_jovan

Nephthys
What am I conceding? Because I might need to move some assets around.

And by 'assets' I mean assets. haw-som

Intrepid37
Vader's telekinesis isn't above Orbalisk Bane's. Guy disintegrated a dozens of technobeasts.

axel_jovan
Vader's telekinesis isn't above Orbalisk Bane's. Guy disintegrated a dozens of technobeasts.
Isn't it more a matter of technique than power per se?

Regardless, Vader was a fair match for Marek who himself disintegrated a frigate, a feat that I find much more impressive than Bane's.
I see no reason why disintegration would be a deal breaker in Bane-Vader fight, given that it was not in Marek-Vader battle.

Moreover, when I speak about TK I tend to have "throw big a$$ things around" in mind. smile Perhaps not as sophisticated as disintegration, but when it comes to overwhelming your opponent, it will certainly suffice. And here Vader has better feats IMHO. / shrug

Intrepid37
I don't think it's a technique nor did I claim he'd disintegrate Vader. But disintegration is a very powerful display of power in my opinion, more impressive than any of Vader's showings.

Bane thrust out with the Force, and a dozen of the oncoming creatures exploded into dust and tiny flecks of small, twisted metal. But the others surged forward like a wave, driving him under. Their feet stomped and kicked at him; their bladed arms slashed at him as he lay prone on the floor. But none of their attacks could pierce the chitinous shells of his orbalisk armor.

That enemy vanquished, he used the Force to disintegrate two more advancing technobeasts, then felt something bump against his foot.

Nephthys
thumb up

axel_jovan
I don't think it's a technique
I'm not entirely sure.... I guess there is some more than POWAH! to it, but I might be wrong.
nor did I claim he'd disintegrate Vader.
Yeah, I know you didn't.
I was just speculating how the fight might go and saying Vader already matched a being whose disintegration feats seem to be well beyond Bane's.
But disintegration is a very powerful display of power in my opinion, more impressive than any of Vader's showings.
Well, here I have to disagree.

TBH I don't know what more I can say, though. I believe that in a direct contest of TK vs TK Vader will come out on top, concerning his numerous TK showings that I personally find to be more impressive than Bane's.

I guess, we will have to agree to disagree on that./shrug

Nephthys

Nephthys

Pwned
I'd also like to know, because Vader starts to die if his mask comes off. Yet he isn't wearing it there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.