Ender's Game (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
IMDB Synopsis:
70 years after a horrific alien war, an unusually gifted child is sent to an advanced military school in space to prepare for a future invasion.

http://www.disneydreaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Enders-Game-Moises-Arias-Movie-Poster.jpg

Starring: Ben Kingsley, Harrison Ford, Viola Davis, Abigail Breslin, Hailee Steinfeld & Asa Butterfield.

vP0cUBi4hwE

marwash22
never read the book.

Looks interesting, but a cast full of kids will probably annoy the hell outta me.

steverules_2
So...spy kids vs UFO's?

Yeah kids in movies piss me off too, if I saw this I'm pretty sure I'd be wanting most of the little bastards to die off

focus4chumps
duplicate thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t572592.html

marwash22
it's not in the movie discussion forum.

your post and your thread is irrelevant.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by steverules_2
So...spy kids vs UFO's?

Yeah kids in movies piss me off too, if I saw this I'm pretty sure I'd be wanting most of the little bastards to die off Have you... read... the book it's based off of?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Have you... read... the book it's based off of?

I think we both know the answer to that question...mhmm

Patient_Leech
Holy jesus, I hope this is good, but Ben Kingsley looks f#cking stupid with that shit on his face.

marwash22
This Asa kid looks like a young Jeremy Renner.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Holy jesus, I hope this is good, but Ben Kingsley looks f#cking stupid with that shit on his face.

That "shit" is factually correct Maori tribal tattoo markings telling his character's Maori lineage/story.

Way to shit on other people's culture, guy.

Patient_Leech
That may be, but it still looks dumb. Remember your favorite movie to talk about...?

http://www.thecredits.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ChristienTinsleyTattoo-682x1024.jpg

I guess this is something like what Mike Tyson was going for? ha

http://www.materialworldblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/mike-tyson-tattoo-1.jpg

Ascendancy
I hope they've done a good job of showing his abilities, including what he does at school before everything gets underway. Certainly has some major potential if done well. Looking forward to it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
That "shit" is factually correct Maori tribal tattoo markings telling his character's Maori lineage/story.

Way to shit on other people's culture, guy.

It's already a dishonour to put those markings on Kingsley's face regardless of the fact that he's playing a Maori character.

Years ago some American tourist came here & got a moko tattooed on his chin...because "it looked cool." Upon visiting New Zealand, he was laughed at & ridiculed. The "cool" markings meant, "wife to fisherman".

BruceSkywalker
not impressed by the trailer.. this looks horrible, hopefully second will assuage my feelings

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It's already a dishonour to put those markings on Kingsley's face regardless of the fact that he's playing a Maori character.

Years ago some American tourist came here & got a moko tattooed on his chin...because "it looked cool." Upon visiting New Zealand, he was laughed at & ridiculed. The "cool" markings meant, "wife to fisherman". Why is it a dishonor?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Why is it a dishonor?

Maori tribal markings are considered a rite of passage to the people of New Zealand. It's not a trend or a fashion statement.
The markings have specific meanings in regards to the status of the person in the tribe & is only performed once permission of the elders is given.

Maybe dishonour isn't the right word but it's basically disrespectful if you aren't a Maori to wear their markings on your face.

Tzeentch._
I assume he is playing a Maori in the film. Do you think it would be less disrespectful if he played a Maori but simply didn't have any markings?

siriuswriter
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Et fin.

Robtard

Years ago some American tourist came here & got a moko tattooed on his chin...because "it looked cool." Upon visiting New Zealand, he was laughed at & ridiculed. The "cool" markings meant, "wife to fisherman".

Considering they're not real tattoos, he's playing a Maori character and he was advised on the specific markings by a Maori who knows the meanings/significance of the markings, I don't see how it's a dishonor.

Yeah, I've heard that before and in a couple different variations. Always wondered if it was true or an urban legend. Be lol worthy if it is, what a douche.

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Et fin.

Someone slip a finger up your butt again?

marwash22
Maori tribal markings are considered a rite of passage to the people of New Zealand. It's not a trend or a fashion statement.
The markings have specific meanings in regards to the status of the person in the tribe & is only performed once permission of the elders is given.

Maybe dishonour isn't the right word but it's basically disrespectful if you aren't a Maori to wear their markings on your face. bermm

siriuswriter
Oh, Rob. With all your McClove it's hard to believe you don't recognize the sound of the indigenous fangirl/boy as they proclaim ownership of a new and exciting obsession.

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh, Rob. With all your McClove it's hard to believe you don't recognize the sound of the indigenous fangirl/boy as they proclaim ownership of a new and exciting obsession.

McClove? smile

But I support you, sister!

Patient_Leech
Three New Propaganda Posters

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1372249353_Enders-Game-Propaganda-1.jpg http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1372249370_Enders-Game-Propaganda-2.jpg http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1372249392_Enders-Game-Propaganda-3.jpg

siriuswriter
I know this is not going to sound like I want it to, but I can't wait to see the buggers! They were quite hard to imagine for me. And the battlefield... and the game on the computers that, like, creates the story as more interaction is involved...

Love it.

Patient_Leech

Kazenji
2UNWLgY-wuo

Q99
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Oh lord. It's probably a bit like Mel Gibson: a nutcase in his personal life, but it really doesn't affect how great his movies are.

I will note that past the original buying of the rights, I don't think he's involved at all, which is good because a lot of his other works are pretty crap. The Lionsgate people seem pretty cool, doing the LGBT benefits thing and all, and likely just didn't realize the degree of Card's crazy.

But, fyi, he's racist too (Card writes a story about how Obama, 'a black man who can speak like a white man and thus who never has to struggle to get anything in life,' becomes a dictator by rising an army of black street gangs, and comments on how 'plausible' it'd be to happen).

He also recently wrote an 'apology' in response to the boycott stuff, which amounted to, "I hope gay rights supporters don't persecute me for my attitudes," with no actual apologies or indications he'd changed his mind on anything contained within. This is a man who once advocated the violent overthrow of the US government if gay marriage got past, and was on the board of directors of the organization responsible for Proposition 8 in California, for reference.

So Card? Total asshat on every level.

People making the movie? Didn't know what they were getting in to.

Kazenji
Haven't read the book itself

but i read that trailer gives away the ending.

zeeshanaayan07
I love this movie specially hero

Kazenji
Good movie, Enjoyed this one but i wouldn't quite give it 4/5 stars like some places have given it

and i didn't realise that there were 21 books in the series.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
Good movie, Enjoyed this one but i wouldn't quite give it 4/5 stars like some places have given it

and i didn't realise that there were 21 books in the series. There aren't.

Kazenji
You sure?

because i looked at a chronology and it shows at least 21 books.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
You sure?

because i looked at a chronology and it shows at least 21 books. link isn't working, **** this site

Fireon
Not Liked much....screen play is too weak! i expected more!

marwash22
spectacular movie!

marwash22
derp

Mindset
You dumb idiot.

NemeBro
I just finished the book.

It was okay.

Tzeentch
This thread's about the movie, dummy.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
I just finished the book.

It was okay.

Was it full of veiled anti-homosexuality?

Tzeentch
To the contrary- the book is filled with naked little boys running around, and wrestling each other in soapy, hot water.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
To the contrary- the book is filled with naked little boys running around, and wrestling each other in soapy, hot water.

If this isn't a joke, it would make sense that Card is a closeted pole-rider.

marwash22
Originally posted by Mindset
You dumb idiot. sad

Tzeentch
If this isn't a joke, it would make sense that Card is a closeted pole-rider. Not a joke lol

Card's obviously filled with self-loathing.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tzeentch
To the contrary- the book is filled with naked little boys running around, and wrestling each other in soapy, hot water. Nothing gay about that. smile

NemeBro
Was it full of veiled anti-homosexuality? I can back Blax's assertion. It's easily one of the gayest books I've ever read.

"Alai tenderly kissed Ender on the cheek and whispered into his ear,'Salaam.'"

Super gay dude.

Robtard
Yeah, Card is a manhole reaming selfhater.

MummyRuby
Not Bad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.