If Superman joined the Avengers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is?

yaadaveyaa
which avengers there r several

Zack Fair
Well judging from Superman's stories in DC(assuming they count) then I'd say he would be MVP. Having said that Superman would work better out of the avengers IMO.

Cogito
Tough one.

Are we assuming Superman instantly has the same presence in Marvel that he does in DC? For example, Superman in DC is renowned throughout space/time, and stands as the moral compass of DC Earth. In Marvel, Steve Rogers obviously comes closest to replicating that character persona, which IMO would lessen one of Superman's most valuable attributes.

xJLxKing
Superman. He only has one home world

janus77
MVP would still be Hulk/Banner. That's not going to change.

Though it might result in Thor getting KOed less often!

pym-ftw
What comes with Superman, just him or a transplanted history

JakeTheBank
Depends on whether or not Superman's history comes with him and what you mean by "most valuable". Traditionally, the Big Three have always been the most valuable assets of the team: Steve as the leader/tactician/moral compass (pretty much every Avenger said that the team would have eventually collapsed if hey hadn't found him in the ice), Tony as the brains/financial backer/spokesperson, and Thor as the powerhouse.

So really, it depends on when Superman joins the Avengers and whether or not his history comes with him or if we're to assume he has a completely revamped Marvel history.

carver9
Depends on which Avengers team. If its the one with Hulk on it, Superman will NOT be the MVP...I honestly couldn't see writers consistently putting him over Thor either.

-Pr-
If Superman isn't the most regular MVP in a team, then Superman isn't being written properly.

It's almost a part of the character at this point.

Shabazz916
Depends if he keeps his weakness n morals. If sups go a lil dark he becomes the best avenger

Mindset
Not if they make him job like Thor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is? no question Superman.

Superman has the intelligence to back up all that power.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by -Pr-
If Superman isn't the most regular MVP in a team, then Superman isn't being written properly.

It's almost a part of the character at this point.

It's easy to be the MVP of a team when your universe doesn't have a Hulk. It's like he's playing in the WNBA. evil face

carver9
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's easy to be the MVP of a team when your universe doesn't have a Hulk. It's like he's playing in the WNBA. evil face

Preach it. Happy Dance

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by carver9
Preach it. Happy Dance

Don't disturb my bait, I'm trying to catch a Pr! mad

carver9
Don't disturb my bait, I'm trying to catch a Pr! mad

Lol...not going to work. Now if I/aka Carver9 would have posted that...

Branlor Swift
Isn't Wolverine on the Avengers right now?

How could Superman ever be MVP with Wolverine, Thor, Cap, and Wonder Man on the team? Don't even get me started on the other team.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

How could Superman ever be MVP with Wolverine, Thor, Cap, and Wonder Man on the team? Don't even get me started on the other team.

Superman isn't good enough for the big leagues in Marvel, he would be one one of the unheard of teams from the 50 state initiative.

Branlor Swift
Superman would be the muscle of the Runaways IMO

srankmissingnin

Molly need a vacation?

Branlor Swift
She got called up to Avengers Academy

srankmissingnin
She got called up to Avengers Academy

Maybe Superman could handle it, if he eases in.

SevenShackles
-edit-

vince_slice
Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is?
Superman wouldn't even make the cut.

abhilegend
Surfer never did. You are just jealous vince.
uhuh

carver9
The Avengers have Hyperion, they don't need Supes.

vince_slice
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer never did. You are just jealous vince.
uhuh
Oh yeah? well this is what Surfer thinks of the Avengers. uhuh

http://i42.tinypic.com/6zr7f6.jpg

TheHulk
If Superman joined The Avengers.....well let's just say things will be more easy.

-Pr-
lol, the hate in this thread...

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice

http://i42.tinypic.com/6zr7f6.jpg Sour grapes and all that.
sneer

vince_slice
I guess if Hyperion takes a lunch break, Superman can fill in for him. Maybe.

JayDaDon

http://i42.tinypic.com/6zr7f6.jpg

laughing out loud

Endless Mike
Neither. It would be Cap

Eel O'Brien
A lot of Superman's key attributes are already distributed among the best Avengers, so the team doesn't really need him.

Having said that; Supes will ALWAYS be the MVP if he actually shows up in the presence of any other comic characters. That's just part of who he is. It's the same reason why he will always win crossover battles.

MF DELPH
Superman. Particularly given Thor's recent brutish characterization.

dmills
Superman isn't good enough for the big leagues in Marvel, he would be one one of the unheard of teams from the 50 state initiative. Originally posted by Branlor Swift

laughing out loud

Golgo13
Superman wouldn't even make the cut.

Probably because most of the so called Avengers would be embarrassed on how much more powerful he is amongst everyone. stick out tongue

SevenShackles
Superman joins the avengers then takes a role of leadership, makes some feel uncomfortable and then realizes he can do alot more being solo and being 'on call' if needed as a part time avenger. Maybe team jump helping others with dire threats and if he finds anything close to a near permanent role on Any team then he takes silver surfers spot in the Defenders.. Surfer is usually busy out in space anyway. Being on any team permanently_ in Marvel U most likely wouldn't work out for him unless he maybe has a hand in making his own which is cheating lol

Uriel005
I'd go with Thor. Realistically speaking the Avengers kill certain threats when there is no other choice... Superman is much more... forgiving in most cases and would probably turn against the Avengers if the option was put into play too often.

thumb up

and batman is mvp in the Jl

mighty adam
I CAN FEEL IT IN THE AIR TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

Mindship
Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is? If Superman can convince Thor to brick less, hammer energy more, then Superman.

Stoic
It would be Sentry without the slice of bullsh1t.

Philosophía
Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is? One is a competent hero that saves the day and is capable of consistently holding off and/or defeating the enemy force, serving as a source of hope and courage for the team.

The other one is Thor.

vince_slice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.