Marvel and DC Merging????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What's the pro's and cons of Marvel and DC becoming one company.

What would you like to see if both companies merged into one?

What two teams would you set up with the merging of both companies (please make a team of villains as well)?

-Pr-
I really don't see many pros at all, especially if they merged universes.

nothing good would come out of it. if they merged the universes too, it'd be even worse.

Oliver North
at every level it wouldn't work... even the citizens in the different universes are different

yaadaveyaa
i could see it being fun except at some point superman would lose a fight and all hell would break loose but you could combine a couple popular justice league members and avengers to take on a cosmic lvl threat i dont see a lot of the dc villians working well with the marvel ones off the top of my head you would have to have baldy since hes supermans main rival and match him up with doom or someone cool like that

Flyattractor
The pure hilarity of trying to watch Quesada and Dildlo(?) try and co run the company?

Oliver North
I think it would be easier for Marvel heroes and villains to join DC than vice versa /controversy

Shabazz916
Hell no that would be dumb

Branlor Swift
Is the title asking four questions, or is Carver just really (bi)curious about the question?

Jynocidus
LT would make sure everything works

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is the title asking four questions, or is Carver just really (bi)curious about the question?

carver'll try anything once.

Odekahn
Here's what would happen. It would be a repeat of when WWF bought WCW. It would be new and it would be fresh at first and the encounters out of it would be of epic and unforgettable proportions. However, once all of those angles have been played, the lone supreme company will stagnate with no real competition driving its quality. We would be forever stuck in the age of WWE and long for something sweet as the Monday Night Wars.

-Pr-
Would dc's most powerful members of their roster happen to not show up too?

Cogito
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really don't see many pros at all, especially if they merged universes.
thumb up

Endless Mike
Anyone remember Amalgam comics?

Odekahn
Would dc's most powerful members of their roster happen to not show up too?

Heh, good point. But eventually flair, hogan, goldberg and the rest showed up. I still wish sting would make the jump.

Digi
It would be absolutely fine.

Many writers swap companies like lovers in an orgy pit. Half the time they're copying something someone else did anyway. They're both status quo universes where heroes beat up bad guys and occasionally have mysteries or moral quandaries to work through. The "different approaches" thing is largely a tagline, a marketing ploy.

For an example: Marvel could handle Superman because dozens of writers are adequate with Cap. The differences in persona and power set are there, but aren't rocket science. Any non-idiotic adult working in the industry could figure it out. If you really, really think it's a gap an intelligent non-hack writer couldn't cross, you're deluding yourself to hold up some image of your company or character. Same with meshing with the universe. There would be new dynamics, new potentials for stories, but a LOT could stay the same and feel no different at all.

Just look at Wildstorm. Yes, they were owned by DC. But if the difference between Marvel and DC is, say, 3 on a 10-point scale, Wildstorm and DC was an 8. And while the mesh hasn't been perfect, they're making it work.

I'd probably set up a parallel universe thing (like Earth-2 in DC), but first with a big crossover where some decide to split and go to the other universe. That would make for some interesting character dynamics.

TheHulk
It's okay...they just need to reorganize..

Classic NES
They're the same these days anyway.

Uriel005
batman would go insane because of all the reality warpers that run around marvel that he cant do a damn thing about. would be interesting to see how he would handle someone like jim jaspers

Digi
You can get in the head of most characters. Batman would run psychological circles around the reality warpers.

But yeah, lots more of the Skyfather+ set running around like banshees in Marvel.

Odekahn
Batmite probably would get jealous lol.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Odekahn
Heh, good point. But eventually flair, hogan, goldberg and the rest showed up. I still wish sting would make the jump.

As much as I would, I can understand his reasons for not doing it.

Odekahn
As much as I would, I can understand his reasons for not doing it.

Me too. He doesn't NEED to and he has made his legendary mark, and to my knowledge he's the only one in his league to never work for Vince. I just think sting vs taker would be amazing. Not the match itself (it would be in their prime, even though both can still perform), but the story and seeing darkness vs darkness would be very entertaining.

-Pr-
Yeah true. At the time I loved the Invasion angle, but looking at it now, I can't help but feel like there's so much wasted potential there.

Odekahn
Yeah true. At the time I loved the Invasion angle, but looking at it now, I can't help but feel like there's so much wasted potential there.

Exactly, forget the NWO (bring them in later), and stone cold turning heel, just bring in sting, luger, and flair with ddp and booker, then they could have kept the war going by introducing new elements, Goldberg, NWO, etc.

Each side ups the ante, WCW brings in Goldberg, WWF brings back the rock. On and on. They could have kept it a war for years without it getting dull.

Sin I AM
it would only work for about the length of time it'd take to run a crossover story arc, after that it would get old

Stoic
I could see how badly a merger would go due to profit shares, and not enough characters shining like they used to. But the battles would be epic so there's that. A merger of this magnitude however would take yrs to fully flesh out. For example Wildstorm characters haven't really even taken center stage fully, and look how long that's been merged with DC mainstream. Meh... If they did it right it would work, but my money is on it going south.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
it would only work for about the length of time it'd take to run a crossover story arc, after that it would get old

Just off the top of my head...

Last nitro, Rick flair is pissed.
Next raw, Rick flair declares war on WWF for destroying the company he loved (his life/whatever).
Flair and the jobber squad wrestlers randomly attack WWF guys over the next few weeks, Vince puts WWF team together. Flair brings in sting, Luger, ddp. WWF gets the old stone cold back. WCW brings in Goldberg, WWF brings back the rock.

That right there could last over the course of a year.

During this time, you could be having tons of singles dream matches. Then eventually get to the giant team matches and brawls.

WCW brings in the NWO
WWF raises the dead (undertaker becomes the deadman again)

It really could have been way better than it was.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Wow, just realized that you were on topic, I thought you were talking about wrestling too, my bad lol.

What can I say? I'm "medicated" right now.

TheGodKiller
If it happened, then it would be a sad day for most high-powered DC characters indeed, seeing how they'll learn what real power means.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Odekahn
Exactly, forget the NWO (bring them in later), and stone cold turning heel, just bring in sting, luger, and flair with ddp and booker, then they could have kept the war going by introducing new elements, Goldberg, NWO, etc.

Each side ups the ante, WCW brings in Goldberg, WWF brings back the rock. On and on. They could have kept it a war for years without it getting dull.

thumb up

McMahon just had to be petty about it wouldn't put the WCW guys over like he should have.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

McMahon just had to be petty about it wouldn't put the WCW guys over like he should have.

Vince has both perhaps the greatest gimmick of all time and some of the worse petty decision making of all time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Vince has both perhaps the greatest gimmick of all time and some of the worse petty decision making of all time.

Yup.

Imagine if he'd booked the WCW guys the way the Shield are booked nowadays? Shit would have been awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.