How would Darkseid and the New Gods would fit in the marvel universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
How would Darkseid and the New Gods fit in the Marvel universe?

To my understanding the new Gods where ment for Marvel in the beginning, before Kirby and Marvel had a falling out!

could work as far as space storylines are concerned at least...

the mythology wold have to be reworked to fit with marvel's cosmology, but that's doable, though it would probably end up taking away from the new god concept and mythos

xJLxKing
It would be pretty cool. It might overlap some stuff but I can see it happening

psycho gundam
supposedly kirby was going to make them for marvel but he and stan lee had a falling out

MF DELPH
I think it'd be pretty sweet, actually. Metron is one of my all-time favorite characters. His interactions with the resident geniuses in the MU would be very interesting, particularly Dr. Doom. As would Orion's relationship with Thor.

Cogito
Don't think there'd be any significant reason why they wouldn't fit

Supermex
Who wouldve been been Darksieds Superman to him in Marvel U?
Darksieds main rival

Thor?

Surfer?

psycho gundam
adam warlock

Cogito
Originally posted by Supermex
Darksieds main rival

Thor?

Surfer?

GotG

JakeTheBank
Darksieds main rival

Thor?

Surfer?

Orion.

Not counting him, probably Wolverine.

thumb up occasionally deadpool will pawn him

MF DELPH
Darksieds main rival

Thor?

Surfer?

I think he'd be a Fantastic Four villain. The Fourth World being discovered by accident by Reed.

Omega Vision
Kirby's original plan was for the New Gods to be the successors of Odin, Thor, Zeus, et all. In fact the first panel of the first New Gods comic which talks about the end of the Old Gods is IIRC directly lifted from a Thor comic's depiction of Ragnarok which Kirby had also drawn. With that in mind it wouldn't be impossible to fit them in, but they'd lose a lot of the deeper significance that subsequent writers such as Morrison gave them. I see Darkseid being an Asgardian villain--a God from an alternate timeline who attempts to destroy the pantheons so as to allow the birth of the Fourth World in 616 Marvel.

Endless Mike
Well alien gods are a common thing in Marvel

pym-ftw
The Kree would conquer them...

alien

the Darkone
bump

maxivitopowe
They'd probably be post of this Tenth Realm stuff, like the Eleventh Realm or something

pym-ftw
Originally posted by the Darkone
bump Originally posted by Omega Vision
Kirby's original plan was for the New Gods to be the successors of Odin, Thor, Zeus, et all. In fact the first panel of the first New Gods comic which talks about the end of the Old Gods is IIRC directly lifted from a Thor comic's depiction of Ragnarok which Kirby had also drawn. With that in mind it wouldn't be impossible to fit them in, but they'd lose a lot of the deeper significance that subsequent writers such as Morrison gave them. I see Darkseid being an Asgardian villain--a God from an alternate timeline who attempts to destroy the pantheons so as to allow the birth of the Fourth World in 616 Marvel. This.

If Marvel had Ds they probably wouldn't have Thanus, so who knows who the infinity gauntlet storyline would be about.

Supermex
Thor most likely

Star428
If Darkseid was in the MU he probably would've conquered it by now with no Superman in it for him to job to. LOL.

the Darkone
I think they would be Asgardian counterparts from another universe, it would be awesome

quanchi112
Below Annihilus level.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Below Annihilus level.

I gotta know, did someone from DC bend you over and ****ed you without any lube?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
I gotta know, did someone from DC bend you over and ****ed you without any lube? I answered as per the thread topic. That's pretty high considering he's been bent over and humiliated by Raker and a shovel.

Stoic
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Kirby's original plan was for the New Gods to be the successors of Odin, Thor, Zeus, et all. In fact the first panel of the first New Gods comic which talks about the end of the Old Gods is IIRC directly lifted from a Thor comic's depiction of Ragnarok which Kirby had also drawn. With that in mind it wouldn't be impossible to fit them in, but they'd lose a lot of the deeper significance that subsequent writers such as Morrison gave them. I see Darkseid being an Asgardian villain--a God from an alternate timeline who attempts to destroy the pantheons so as to allow the birth of the Fourth World in 616 Marvel.

Seeing that you still post on this sight I don't feel too awkward about replying to this older post. I think that Marvel and DC should make this happen in an extended crossover event.

RadZoa
I'd imagine they'd interact with Odin and Zeus, although if they were written in Marvel how they're written in Nu52 I imagine they'd have interactions with The Watchers, Celestials etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.