Galactus Engine vs Imperiex Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who win?

TheGodKiller
The Many-Angled Ones' WMD wins.

the galactus engine did wipe out a host of celestials...

Estacado
lulz.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by 753
the galactus engine did wipe out a host of celestials... thats more then likely because while in battle the engine could not be "killed" until Death returned to its universe

SevenShackles
Originally posted by DarkOdin
thats more then likely because while in battle the engine could not be "killed" until Death returned to its universe
So in turn it can't be killed here? Correct?

^thumb up

guy222
not prime

Raisen
I'm not familiar with either of these characters, yet I'm going to waste time and space by posting this post that doesn't offer any insight or opinion.

Cogito
Prime.

Entropy trumps Death.

Estacado
Originally posted by Cogito
Prime.

Entropy trumps Death.
thumb up

abhilegend
Prime wins.

kevdude
Imperiex Prime easy.

dynamix
Originally posted by Raisen
I'm not familiar with either of these characters, yet I'm going to waste time and space by posting this post that doesn't offer any insight or opinion.

lol!

I also go with IP

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by 753
the galactus engine did wipe out a host of celestials...
It didn't wipe them out, but caused them to retreat from the battlefield, which is an insanely impressive feat in itself, seeing how individual Celestials are peers to universal powers.

Branlor Swift
Galactus Engine beats up multiple Celestials, Arishem, TnA, and Galactus.

Imperiex gets beat up by Superman merged with Kismet, Darkseid, and atom bombs (if they played a part at all). And then got contained by Kyle

Obviously Imperiex wins easily

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Imperiex gets beat up by Superman merged with Kismet, Darkseid, and atom bombs (if they played a part at all). And then got contained by Kyle

Obviously Imperiex wins easily When you take things out of contextx anything can appear weak. Say for example, Reed> Galactus.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by xJLxKing
When you take things out of contextx anything can appear weak. Say for example, Reed> Galactus. what is the important context there in the battles?

That a handful of Celestials created the multiverse? That's not really relevant to the fights, but if you want to include it...

abhilegend
A celestial got killed by Thor's axe and Mr. Sinister controlled the most powerful of them. Obviously they are shit. Imperiex wins easily. Also lulz @ touting kismet merged superman breaching prime's armor is a low feat. Kyle didn't contained him, warworld absorbed his energies.

Estacado

Obviously Imperiex wins easily
And Galactus Engine got killed by Death...biscuits

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Estacado
And Galactus Engine got killed by Death...biscuits Along with more power entities, the universe, and she laid out the MAOs with a touch. There was like hundreds of Celestials there, and the only one who remained was Galactus. Death wiped out the entire force that drove those Celestials off

Let's not pretend Imperiex could do that. Although she admittedly sucks unless she gets to use her death touch...

ODG
Imperiex Prime headbutts the Galactus Engine with all his might and promptly knocks himself out.

abhilegend
Along with more power entities, the universe, and she laid out the MAOs with a touch. There was like hundreds of Celestials there, and the only one who remained was Galactus. Death wiped out the entire force that drove those Celestials off

Let's not pretend Imperiex could do that. Although she admittedly sucks unless she gets to use her death touch...
No universe was destroyed and MAOs were not killed either.

Golgo13
IP.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by abhilegend
No universe was destroyed and MAOs were not killed either. So this is the second post I read of yours ever since you were trolling Jake in that Loki thread (and the first one was where you said the Thorbuster wasn't canon... lol). Curiosity you see.

Same old same old.
This is a direct result of what Death did:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thanos_06_019.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thanos_06_022.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thanos_005.jpg

And I said she laid out the MAOs, not killed, so... reading comprehension fail there.

Back to ignore for you. smile

abhilegend
So this is the second post I read of yours ever since you were trolling Jake in that Loki thread (and the first one was where you said the Thorbuster wasn't canon... lol). Curiosity you see.

Same old same old.
This is a direct result of what Death did:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thanos_06_019.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thanos_06_022.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thanos_005.jpg

And I said she laid out the MAOs, not killed, so... reading comprehension fail there.

Back to ignore for you. smile
Avengers Assemble retconned all that shit. MAOs were shown as alive when they traveled to cancerverse and it was not destroyed either.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13630267_b3.jpg

See the planets and stars?

Nice, so it failed to kill that failure Shuma Gorath too alongside some random featless elder gods. Entropy destroys universes and timelines.

Lulz. Go ahead and ignore me. See if I care.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
It didn't wipe them out, but caused them to retreat from the battlefield, which is an insanely impressive feat in itself, seeing how individual Celestials are peers to universal powers. was that actually shown? what makes you think they werent destroyed?

Mr. Sinister controlled the most powerful of them. Obviously they are shit. well, he'd been lobotomized by HE.

Avengers Assemble retconned all that shit. MAOs were shown as alive when they traveled to cancerverse and it was not destroyed either.

See the planets and stars?

Nice, so it failed to kill that failure Shuma Gorath too alongside some random featless elder gods. Entropy destroys universes and timelines.

Lulz. Go ahead and ignore me. See if I care. was the universe still deathless? The MAO werent actually in that universe but corrupted it from their home outside of time or whatever. did they actually show up on avengers assemble? looks like I got some downloading to do, but I don't recall TI ever stating that every single thing in that universe was insta-killed by death, but maybe my memory is off.

Diesldude
TI showed that death was universal. They were able to kill the death of cancerverse by killing her champion. There was a purpose/context behind that. Similarly this death was able to serve her purpose in the cancerverse, that purpose was greater than all the celestials, galactus or abstracts that were fighting the MAOs and their hoard.

Galan007

See the planets and stars? That enormous 'thing' in your scan isn't the MAOs, friend. That is the Cancerverse itself(hence why the Avengers only mention seeing the Cancerverse, and not the MAOs.)

Quasar had taken note of this fact much earlier in the saga:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15818610_rok_25-26.jpg
"I see it now! I see it all! Their universe! Disgusting! An abomination! Pulsing with corrupt life! One giant, twisted organic mass! Their whole universe is a deathless corpse! A cancer trying to metastasize into our reality!"

The space around the Cancerverse(in both of our scans) is evidently just the rest of the dimension it is housed in. /shrug

carver9
Galan sig nearly made me damage my laptop sig.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by 753
was that actually shown? what makes you think they werent destroyed?
Medusa clearly noted that the Abstracts were in retreat. On panel Aegis was the only Abstract "killed".

so they fled? how pathetic of them.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Galan007
That enormous 'thing' in your scan isn't the MAOs, friend. That is the Cancerverse itself(hence why the Avengers only mention seeing the Cancerverse, and not the MAOs.)

"I see it now! I see it all! Their universe! Disgusting! An abomination! Pulsing with corrupt life! One giant, twisted organic mass! Their whole universe is a deathless corpse! A cancer trying to metastasize into our reality!"

The space around the Cancerverse(in both of our scans) is evidently just the rest of the dimension it is housed in. /shrug
The "thing" is referred to as "one giant, twisted organic mass!" in your scans. I am pretty sure that those creatures are merely the Deathless Abominations which originally infested the Cancerverse, and the rest of the dimension is the Cancerverse. Didn't the Avengers and the GotG fall through the Fault in the previous pages of that Assemble issue?

whatever the case, they werent the mao who were never even seen

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by 753
whatever the case, they werent the mao who were never even seen
Yeah. I think that since the Death of that universe was permanently exorcised from that reality, 616-Death's antigenic effect was probably only temporary and the life in that universe went back to being the monstrous blobs they were before Thanos Imperative.

Digi
Galan's signature is the best.

Galan007
The "thing" is referred to as "one giant, twisted organic mass!" in your scans. I am pretty sure that those creatures are merely the Deathless Abominations which originally infested the Cancerverse, and the rest of the dimension is the Cancerverse. I entirely disagree.

He's staring at the enormous 'thing', and makes the following statement:
"I see it now!"
"I see it all!"
"Their universe!"
"Disgusting!"
"An abomination!"
"Pulsing with corrupt life!"
"One giant, twisted organic mass!"
"Their whole universe is a deathless corpse!"
"A cancer trying to metastasize into our reality!"
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15818610/rok_25-26.jpg.html

Clearly the grotesque mass Quasar was looking at was the entire Cancerverse.

That is why the Avengers also referred to the same grotesque mass explicitly as "the Cancerverse":
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15818971_b3.jpg

To further solidify my point, here's a bio on the Cancerverse:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15818964/img008.jpg.html
"The universe became a gigantic, twisted, organic mass that has been consumed by the Many-Angled Ones."

So again: that 'thing'/'mass' is the Cancerverse.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
Galan's signature is the best. laughing out loud

I wonder how many people have tried squishing my sig with their finger..?

Digi
laughing out loud

I wonder how many people have tried squishing my sig with their finger..?

The change in placement got me for a split second as well, even being used to it. But I don't hate it once it happens, I just laugh knowing how many others it's going to troll.

evil face

Galan007
evillaugh

xJLxKing
I thought my phone has a some broken pixel or something when i saw it. tried to clean it too

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I thought my phone has a some broken pixel or something when i saw it. tried to clean it too

I made a mistake and did that as well. Galan is reimbursing me if I end up breaking something.

Galan007
thumb up

I will send you e-dollars equivalent to the cost of a new phone.

carver9
laughing out loud

brownqk
How is this not spite against Imperiex Prime.....

carver9
A lot of people say things about Imperiex and I am trying to see if he is capable of beating someone/something so powerful.

Galan007
While I have no doubt that Imperiex can unleash a massive/large-scale Entropy rift, he never actually did so on panel-- thus I cannot call it an 'in character' tactic for him. For that reason alone, the GE wins.

However, IF Imperiex were to unleash an Entropy rift, he wins. In DC, Entropy>Death-- we saw this when Black Flash(ie. Death) was literally erased by running into Entropy.

Cogito
While I have no doubt that Imperiex can unleash a massive/large-scale Entropy rift, he never actually did so on panel-- thus I cannot call it an 'in character' tactic for him. For that reason alone, the GE wins.

However, IF Imperiex were to unleash an Entropy rift, he wins. In DC, Entropy>Death-- we saw this when Black Flash(ie. Death) was literally erased by running into Entropy.

I don't dispute the "in character" tactic theory, but you've got to apply it to both sides.

We never actually saw the Galactus Engine unleash any attack of any kind. All we got were accounts of 616's "Abstracts" (who weren't abstracts /shrug) struggling to hold it back.

Galan007
^ True, but in defense of the GE, multiple universal powers were containing it throughout the entire event... It really couldn't attack.

Heck, the simple fact that it took multiple universal powers just to keep the GE at bay, speaks volumes about its power.

Cogito
^ True, but in defense of the GE, multiple universal powers were containing it throughout the entire event... It really couldn't attack.

Heck, the simple fact that it took multiple universal powers just to keep the GE at bay, speaks volumes about its power.

All true, but we know jack shit about it's offensive power except that it was "weaponized", whatever the hell that means.

Galan007
Can't deny that. Logically, though, I'd imagine it would be on par(from an offensive standpoint) with the same universal powers that it took to contain it. /shrug

Cogito
Can't deny that. Logically, though, I'd imagine it would be on par(from an offensive standpoint) with the same universal powers that it took to contain it. /shrug

Maybe. It also took DC's version of Eternity (Kismet) and Imperiex's own power turned against him (Aegis) to defeat him. It took Entropy to destroy the shell containing entropy. Can the GE replicate that kind of firepower before Imperiex destroys him?

Remember, Imperiex destroyed entire galaxies easily before the likes of Superman and co. got involved, so he's got some seriously potent offensive feats working on his side.

carver9
I thought it took out some Celestials?

Galan007
Maybe. It also took DC's version of Eternity (Kismet) and Imperiex's own power turned against him (Aegis) to defeat him. It took Entropy to destroy the shell containing entropy. Can the GE replicate that kind of firepower before Imperiex destroys him? It is nearly impossible to say what the GE unleashed can do.

However, given that its battle with the 'abstracts' took place primarily on a metaphysical plane of actuality that not even Surfer or Quasar could perceive, it certainly comes off as powerful enough to stalemate multiple universal powers simultaneously, imo:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15819347/ThanImp_3_PeterWatts_CPS_005.jpg.html

Remember, Imperiex destroyed entire galaxies easily before the likes of Superman and co. got involved, so he's got some seriously potent offensive feats working on his side. Galactus has destroyed a galaxy as well. Yet he + 4 additional Celestials were still "barely" able to hold back the GE:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15819341/ti-09-10.jpg.html

zopzop
Imperiex Prime wins 10/10.

abhilegend
That enormous 'thing' in your scan isn't the MAOs, friend. That is the Cancerverse itself(hence why the Avengers only mention seeing the Cancerverse, and not the MAOs.)

Ah, Ok.

TheGodKiller
I entirely disagree.

He's staring at the enormous 'thing', and makes the following statement:
"I see it now!"
"I see it all!"
"Their universe!"
"Disgusting!"
"An abomination!"
"Pulsing with corrupt life!"
"One giant, twisted organic mass!"
"Their whole universe is a deathless corpse!"
"A cancer trying to metastasize into our reality!"
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15818610/rok_25-26.jpg.html

Clearly the grotesque mass Quasar was looking at was the entire Cancerverse.

That is why the Avengers also referred to the same grotesque mass explicitly as "the Cancerverse":
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15818971_b3.jpg

To further solidify my point, here's a bio on the Cancerverse:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15818964/img008.jpg.html
"The universe became a gigantic, twisted, organic mass that has been consumed by the Many-Angled Ones."

So again: that 'thing'/'mass' is the Cancerverse.
I understand where you're coming from, but in the Assemble scans, it appears more like they refer to the new universe they have appeared in as the Cancerverse, and then find out the reason(that ugly, monstrous, organic blob) why it's referred so.

Also, while the bio reference is good, I doubt Bendis gave that any thought when he wrote that issue.

In any case, I'd appreciate if you could confirm whether the Fault was mentioned in that Avengers Assemble issue.

Plus, before you go ahead and accuse me of arguing just to argue, I'd like to point out that's not the case here. I am just sharing my opinion, and seeking out clarifications(the Fault thing) here.

Edit: Seeing how you managed to shut abhi up with this explanation, I might as well drop this discussion with you. /shrug

Mr Master

However, given that its battle with the 'abstracts' took place primarily
on a metaphysical plane of actuality that not even Surfer or Quasar
could perceive, it certainly comes off as powerful enough to stalemate
multiple universal powers simultaneously, imo:
So Celestials are full blown "universal Abstracts" nowadays?

... jeesh, I'm out the loop.

Galactus has destroyed a galaxy as well. Yet he + 4 additional Celestials were still "barely" able to hold back the GE:

Nice. I haven't really gotten into this. But I will.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master

MULTIVERSAL (like the Living Tribunal) and they created the multiverse!
Phuckin' Marvel! laughing

this multiversal thing isn't new. in gotg, it was stated all celestials across all realities are the same species and share a "quantum" communication network, instantly knowing what the others know or whatever. starlord sent a message to the celestial headquarters this way.

TheGodKiller

All the cosmic entities(Galactus, the Celestials, Aegis and Tenebrous) were referred as "Abstracts" in that comic, that is why Galan is also calling them "Abstracts" here.

Nice. I haven't really gotten into this. But I will.
The Galactus Engine was portrayed as being very powerful, with only the higher level Many-Angled Ones being implied as its superiors. Defeating the GE and the MAOs is considered like Mistress Death's top feat ever.

Galan007
I understand where you're coming from, but in the Assemble scans, it appears more like they refer to the new universe they have appeared in as the Cancerverse, and then find out the reason(that ugly, monstrous, organic blob) why it's referred so.

Also, while the bio reference is good, I doubt Bendis gave that any thought when he wrote that issue.

In any case, I'd appreciate if you could confirm whether the Fault was mentioned in that Avengers Assemble issue.

Plus, before you go ahead and accuse me of arguing just to argue, I'd like to point out that's not the case here. I am just sharing my opinion, and seeking out clarifications(the Fault thing) here.

Edit: Seeing how you managed to shut abhi up with this explanation, I might as well drop this discussion with you. /shrug I still disagree. Imo, Quasar's statement and the bio were clear.

But yeah, no point to continue the argument. thumb up

... jeesh, I'm out the loop. They're multiversal these days, actually. They were stated/shown creating the Marvel universe as well(not joking.)

TheGodKiller
I still disagree. Imo, Quasar's statement and the bio were clear.

But yeah, no point to continue the argument. thumb up

Fair enough. I did request you to confirm whether or not it was shown that the Avengers and GoTG fell through the Fault in that Avengers Assemble comic. Please answer this query.

They're multiversal these days, actually. They were stated/shown creating the Marvel universe as well(not joking.)
MrM is aware of that, and he won't accept it until it's referenced in another storyline or a handbook bio.

Mindset
So the celestials created Eternity?

TheGodKiller
Yeah, and then Eternity created the Celestials. In a Terminator Predestination Paradox sort of way.

Galan007
Fair enough. I did request you to confirm whether or not it was shown that the Avengers and GoTG fell through the Fault in that Avengers Assemble comic. Please answer this query. The fault had nothing to do with it. Cube-amped Thanos BFR'd them there:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825021/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-006.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825022/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-009.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825023/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-010.jpg.html
"We've been banished to a hostile dimension by a demigod with a cosmic cube."

MrM is aware of that, and he won't accept it until it's referenced in another storyline or a handbook bio. Ah.

Mindset
Then who created reeses breakfast cereal?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mindset
Then who created reeses breakfast cereal?
Sarah did, like any sensible woman who knows that her place is in the kitchen.

Galan007
I did.

TheGodKiller
The fault had nothing to do with it. Cube-amped Thanos BFR'd them there:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825021/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-006.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825022/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-009.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825023/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-010.jpg.html
"We've been banished to a hostile dimension by a demigod with a cosmic cube."
It's been awhile since I read that issueseries, so thanks for the clarification.

Mindset
Haha, Galan is a woman!

TheGodKiller
I did.
You're a sensible woman who knows that her place is in the kitchen.
Haha, Galan is a woman!
She sure is.

Galan007
Haha, Galan is a woman! talkaboutaparadoxamirite!!!!!

Mindset
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar98733_25.gif

TheGodKiller
Galactus Engine wins.

Golgo13
Imperiex.

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Imperiex.
thumb up
Entropy for the win!
http://s7.postimg.org/l4zeusq9j/blackflash16.jpg

Galan007
Scan of Imperiex releasing an entropy rift large enough to erase the GE in its entirety?

Mr Master
^^ That "whiteness" is where Death ceases to exist and where "time-space" ends.

It's no different than being "Beyond space-time" in Marvel. (where "death" is meaningless)

I don't get what's the big deal about that place.

Unless something's happening withIn the "whiteness?"

Branlor Swift
Didn't Tim Trapier tank an entropic blast?

And don't the Probes release entropy when they blow up? As well as Brainiac tech holding Imperiex when he kablammoed, and Kyle Gaynerd contained him as we'll for a short period of time?

Galan007
^ The big deal is that in DC, absolutely nothing can survive entropy-- not even Black Flash(as the scan zop posted depicts.) This is important because Black Flash=a personification of Death: ie. in DC, entropy>Death.

Regardless, Imperiex never used entropy in such a way, thus it shouldn't be considered 'in character' for him here. Imo.

Galan007
Didn't Tim Trapier tank an entropic blast? TT more or less embodies entropy, though.

Branlor Swift
Wasn't that only one incarnation?

Also, he got killed by a 'regular' GL based attack right after...

zopzop
Regardless, Imperiex never used entropy in such a way, thus it shouldn't be considered 'in character' for him here. Imo.
Uhm, isn't Imperiex Prime the EMBODIMENT OF ENTROPY?!

That's like saying Eternity can't time travel because he's never been shown doing it on panel. He's the freaking EMBODIMENT of TIME.

Galan007
Wasn't that only one incarnation? I know he at least embodied entropy until his battle with Infinite Man. /shrug

Originally posted by zopzop
Uhm, isn't Imperiex Prime the EMBODIMENT OF ENTROPY?!

That's like saying Eternity can't time travel because he's never been shown doing it on panel. He's the freaking EMBODIMENT of TIME. You're saying that Imperiex would unleash a large-scale entropy rift, despite him never doing so on panel(even though he had multiple opportunities to)..? Yeah, it's not in character for him, bro. He doesn't just go around throwing large-scale entropy rifts at his foes for the lulz.

In fact, the only instance I can recall in which Imperiex even utilized entropy in an offensive manner was when he killed Doomsday. However, that was a very small entropic blast-- certainly not large enough to cause any significant damage to the massiveness that is the GE.

zopzop
You're saying that Imperiex would unleash a large-scale entropy rift, despite him never doing so on panel(even though he had multiple opportunities to)..? Yeah, it's not in character for him, bro. He doesn't just go around throwing large-scale entropy rifts at his foes for the lulz.

In fact, the only instance I can recall in which Imperiex even utilized entropy in an offensive manner was when he killed Doomsday. However, that was a very small entropic blast-- certainly not large enough to cause any significant damage to the massiveness that is the GE.
You just proved Team Imperiex's point. He HAS unleashed an entropic rift attack.

Just because the target of his attack was roughly a human sized object doesn't mean he couldn't open a larger rift vs a larger opponent. He's the goddamn embodiment of Entropy. mad

Branlor Swift
The blast didn't even destroy DD's skeleton, nor was it said to be entropy IIRC.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
You just proved Team Imperiex's point. He HAS unleashed an entropic rift attack.

Just because the target of his attack was roughly a human sized object doesn't mean he couldn't open a larger rift vs a larger opponent. He's the goddamn embodiment of Entropy. mad Okay? He's still never unleashed a massive entropy rift, despite having multiple opportunities to do so. Therefore, it absolutely should not be considered 'in character' tactic for him to release an entropy rift several miles in breadth(the GE certainly appeared to be that large to me.)

And like bran pointed out: the blast Imperiex used wasn't even stated to be entropic in nature-- I am just assuming it was. It very well may have been some other type of energy, though, given that DD's skeleton was still left intact. After all, when DD was dropped into 'true' entropy at the end of the H/P saga, it erased him utterly and completely-- absolutely nothing of him remained... And considering Brainiac went back in time and saved him from that fate during Doomsday Wars(which negated the potential for DD to adapt to said energy, assuming it would even be possible), 'true' entropy should have still had the same effect on DD during the Imperiex affair-- it should have erased DD in his entirety. /shrug

Philosophía
And like bran pointed out: the blast Imperiex used wasn't even stated to be entropic in nature-- I am just assuming it was. It was described to be entropy in the subsequent issue of Man of Steel, when it was revealed Superman survived due to being teleportated by Darkseid :

http://s15.postimg.org/ub60xzsmv/entropysuperman.jpg

Mindset
I don't see the word entropy anywhere in that scan.

Reported for lying.

Philosophía
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdhevepSaf1riso5no2_400.gif

Golgo13
laughing out loud

Galan007

Branlor Swift

kevdude

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by kevdude
thumb up I can't believe we're having questions about DD's skeleton still being around to try to degrade what Imperiex did to him in the entropic blast. I guess its really that hard to understand lol... Its not the first time entropy has left just a skeleton and I'm sure it won't be the last. GE loses no doubt about it!

laughing out loud well, it's an issue when that feats being used to say he beats a nigh planet sized being that was tanking attacks from people who could do the same thing to Doomsday

kevdude
well, it's an issue when that feats being used to say he beats a nigh planet sized being that was tanking attacks from people who could do the same thing to Doomsday

None of those beings are entropic or have the power of the big bang. Not that they couldn't beat him but it show's how powerful DD is at that time. Just one blast from Imperiex was all it took to devastate Apokolips.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by kevdude
None of those beings are entropic or have the power of the big bang. Not that they couldn't beat him but it show's how powerful DD is at that time. Just one blast from Imperiex was all it took to devastate Apokolips. They don't need it to kill DD
And Imperiex has the power of a big bang if he unleashes everything, which iirc was said to be stolen power from galaxies as well...

You realize that with the size of the attack that he unleashed on Warworld, that if it was entropy, and entropy is the be all end all attack, that he should have ripped Apokalips in half?
Although it was said to be a massive EMP.

But I see we're attributing Brainiac's feats with a planet full of tech and Imperiex's powers to Imperiex solely.
How about that getting overpowered by Superman? How about a being who got beat by Dominus adding her might to Superman's and destroying his armor and thus defeating him in the process? How about Kyle containing the explosion for a short period of time? Brainiac tech capable of not being disintegrated by the energy.

Etc.

Imperiex wins because of his power source... when his power source wasn't shown to be very impressive in the arc itself. That's what's happening in this thread. It's not something he did, it's just his power source.

carver9
Good stuff Bran.

Cogito

I don't have scans on me right now, but the destroyed galaxies in OWAW were shown just as empty black space. Are we not led to believe they were utterly destroyed by entropy, even if it wasn't explicitly shown on panel? What else would so completely destroy galaxies?

TheTyrant
Engine, easily.

Golgo13
Engine isn't destroying IP easily.

TheTyrant
Engine isn't destroying IP easily.

So Imperiex Prime can hold his own/get the upper hand against the combined forces of a bunch of celestials, Tenebrous, Aegis, and Galactus? Galactus or a high-end celestial alone would wreck Imperiex, let alone all of these guys together.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly don't even know if Imperiex could beat a fed Galactus in a fight.

Not sure how he has a chance against the Galactus Engine? Didn't it take most of the High End Abstracts to hold it back and almost all of them died in the process?

Galan007
I don't have scans on me right now, but the destroyed galaxies in OWAW were shown just as empty black space. Are we not led to believe they were utterly destroyed by entropy, even if it wasn't explicitly shown on panel? What else would so completely destroy galaxies? You're talking about 'the hollowing', no? That certainly wasn't an instantaneous event by any means-- nor did Imperiex himself carry it out, iirc.

Fact is: if Imperiex were capable of gesturely wiping out entire galaxies with a massive, galaxy-sized entropy rift, then overtaking the earth alone would have been a task easily accomplished.

abhilegend
You're talking about 'the hollowing', no? That certainly wasn't an instantaneous event by any means-- nor did Imperiex himself carry it out, iirc.

Fact is: if Imperiex were capable of gesturely wiping out entire galaxies with a massive, galaxy-sized entropy rift, then overtaking the earth alone would have been a task easily accomplished.
Not true galan. IP did destroy galaxies with entropy.
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/2361/speed6gj.jpg

Galan007
Yes, I know galaxies were *ultimately* destroyed. This so-called 'Hollowing' was not instantly accomplished, however. That is to say: Imperiex certainly did not pop in and gesturely erase whole galaxies via one massive entropy rift-- his Probes were literally sent to individual planets within the galaxy to 'Hollow' them one by one. We saw this when he 'Hollowed' Maxima's galaxy(a task which evidently took roughly 2 months to complete), and again when he tried 'Hollowing' the earth and it's galaxy. Etc.

Point: if Imperiex could wave his hand and destroy entire galaxies(or even entire planets) via entropy, then there would be no need for him to send Probes to commence said 'Hollowing'-- there would be no need for Imperiex to engage anyone physically. He could simply release large-scale entropy and save himself a LOT of time/effort... But that wasn't the case.

abhilegend
Eradicator saw IP and not the probes destroying galaxies. From your own thread

It was certainly an entropy rift and not hollowers.

There was a reason he didn't destroy earth outright. Earth was the center of the universe and destroying it would've collapsed universe much before its scheduled time IIRC.

carver9
Can someone answer something for me, what was the Imperiex Probe building in space that Superman and Mongul destroyed and what was he using it for? I think I know the answer but I just want to make sure I am correct (I would prefer someone like Galan, Jake, etc, to answer this question).

deathlife
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly don't even know if Imperiex could beat a fed Galactus in a fight.

Not sure how he has a chance against the Galactus Engine? Didn't it take most of the High End Abstracts to hold it back and almost all of them died in the process?

Exactly.

The GE was killing abstracts and Celestials like nothing.

JakeTheBank
Yes, I know galaxies were *ultimately* destroyed. This so-called 'Hollowing' was not instantly accomplished, however. That is to say: Imperiex certainly did not pop in and gesturely erase whole galaxies via one massive entropy rift-- his Probes were literally sent to individual planets within the galaxy to 'Hollow' them one by one. We saw this when he 'Hollowed' Maxima's galaxy(a task which evidently took roughly 2 months to complete), and again when he tried 'Hollowing' the earth and it's galaxy. Etc.

Point: if Imperiex could wave his hand and destroy entire galaxies(or even entire planets) via entropy, then there would be no need for him to send Probes to commence said 'Hollowing'-- there would be no need for Imperiex to engage anyone physically. He could simply release large-scale entropy and save himself a LOT of time/effort... But that wasn't the case.

thumb up

Cogito
Originally posted by deathlife
Exactly.

The GE was killing abstracts and Celestials like nothing.

Only Aegis is known to have been killed, and it wasn't the GE that killed her.

Galan007
Eradicator saw IP and not the probes destroying galaxies. From your own thread

It was certainly an entropy rift and not hollowers.

There was a reason he didn't destroy earth outright. Earth was the center of the universe and destroying it would've collapsed universe much before its scheduled time IIRC. Again, I am fully aware that galaxies were *ultimately* destroyed, but the task was not instantaneous by any means, nor did Imperiex himself pop-in and casually destroy said galaxies with an entropy rift. He used a process called 'Hollowing'-- and as Maxima commented: Hollowing a galaxy takes hours, even under optimal conditions(ie. no outside interference.) Furthermore, Hollowing was a process carried out, in full, by Imperiex's constructs. A bunch of these constructs are placed on a planet, they continue to grow at an exponential rate until they connect, and then KABLOOEY, there goes the neighborhood/planet-- the definition of a chain reaction:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15840105/1.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15840106/2.jpg.html

And as the above scans confirm, Imperiex wanted to destroy the universe prematurely(180,000,000,000 years prematurely, to be exact), thus he was actively trying to destroy the earth with his Hollowers.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Can someone answer something for me, what was the Imperiex Probe building in space that Superman and Mongul destroyed and what was he using it for? I think I know the answer but I just want to make sure I am correct (I would prefer someone like Galan, Jake, etc, to answer this question). Just saw this.

The Probe was building a construct/machine in hopes of using it to destroy "most of" the solar system:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15840465/3.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15840466/4.jpg.html

Imperiex had one of his Probes build a machine just to destroy a portion of the solar system... Yet he can supposedly erase entire galaxies with the wave of his hand? Hmm. none

carver9
Just saw this.

The Probe was building a construct/machine in hopes of using it to destroy "most of" the solar system:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15840465/3.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15840466/4.jpg.html

Imperiex had one of his Probes build a machine... To destroy a portion of the solar system. none

Lol...exactly. I knew someone would catch on. I brought it up for a reason.

smile

carver9
By the way, your images doesn't work Galan. I take it back...yes it does.

Galan007
They work just fine for me, dooder.

I can reupload them if more people are having problems viewing them.

carver9
No, you don't have too...the images are ok. Think Turbohost went down for a minute or so.

Philosophía

Point: if Imperiex could wave his hand and destroy entire galaxies(or even entire planets) via entropy, then there would be no need for him to send Probes to commence said 'Hollowing'-- there would be no need for Imperiex to engage anyone physically. He could simply release large-scale entropy and save himself a LOT of time/effort... But that wasn't the case. Imperiex's purpose was recycling and starting anew. He wasn't erasing it, so much as he was collapsing it and transforming it into energy - and then restarting the cycle.

So it's not so much that he could or could not release entropy and annihilate the Universe, as much as it was the fact that was not his intent.

Galan007

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Galactus, Aegis, Tenebrous and a large horde of Celestials failed to push it back, let alone defeat it.

Aegis got seemingly destroyed during the battle, while the rest of the Abstracts retreated, leaving only Galactus to defend at the Fault.

TheGodKiller
Only Aegis is known to have been killed, and it wasn't the GE that killed her.
It's not clear cut. The battle was taking place on a metaphysical level, and her physical body being shattered by a bunch of fodder MAOs(who were getting one-shotted by Quasar and Surfer in that issue), was in all likelihood the manifestation of her defeat at the hands(or rather appendages) of the GE.

Cogito
It's not clear cut. The battle was taking place on a metaphysical level, and her physical body being shattered by a bunch of fodder MAOs(who were getting one-shotted by Quasar and Surfer in that issue), was in all likelihood the manifestation of her defeat at the hands(or rather appendages) of the GE.

Maybe. We'll likely never know for sure. Either way, Aegis is the only known "abstract" that was killed, and she's not that impressive.

That said, absorbing the assault of the the 616 group is most impressive.

TheGodKiller
That said, absorbing the assault of the the 616 group is most impressive.
That wasn't all the Galactus Engine did.

Cogito
That wasn't all the Galactus Engine did.

That's all we know it did for sure. What are you thinking of?

TheGodKiller
That's all we know it did for sure. What are you thinking of?
We know for sure that it was overwhelming the Abstracts in their metaphyscial battle. We know for sure that it forced eevry single Abstract(sans Galactus) to retreat from the battlefield.

So yeah, that's not all it did.

Golgo13
What feats did these celestials have?

TheGodKiller
Beating up skyfathers, creating the Marvel Multiverse, easily taking control of Franklin Richards' pocket universe, scaring Cube Beings etc. etc.

Branlor Swift
Yeah but Imperiex killed Doomsday, and he can shoot entropy, so there

TheGodKiller
Yeah, but entropy slags Celestials to death, so... wink

Golgo13
Beating up skyfathers, creating the Marvel Multiverse, easily taking control of Franklin Richards' pocket universe, scaring Cube Beings etc. etc.

So, Iron Man level? wink

TheGodKiller
So, Iron Man level? wink
Iron Man level is much higher than Imperiex level.

Golgo13
Iron Man level is much higher than Imperiex level.

Maybe if his power was reduced by 99%. stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Maybe if his power was reduced by 99%. stick out tongue
You're right. Iron Man could get lowered down to Imperiex's level if his power got reduced by 99%.

Golgo13
You're right.

I stopped after I read that. Thanks. cool

TheGodKiller
I stopped after I read that. Thanks. cool
Your loss. There was insightful revelation in the rest of my post.

Golgo13
Your loss. There was insightful revelation in the rest of my post.

I'll take your word for it. Now go see IM 3!!

TheGodKiller
Why? It's a shitty movie, with a shitty storyline.

Golgo13
Why? It's a shitty movie, with a shitty storyline.

It had 2 babes playing ping pong. smokin'

TheGodKiller
I'll probably go and see it just for some Gwyneth Paltrow lingerie action.

Golgo13
She's not that hot. Never understood it, TBH. Jennifer Connelly beats all their asses. Her in her prime, of course.

TheGodKiller
Idk. I like statuesque women. Plus, she's also a milf.

Naija boy
Galactus Engine wins

She's not that hot. Never understood it, TBH. Jennifer Connelly beats all their asses. Her in her prime, of course. thumb up I really don't get the appeal, the woman has no curves. scarlet johansen on the other hand is hot as ****

Golgo13
Originally posted by 753
thumb up I really don't get the appeal, the woman has no curves. scarlet johansen on the other hand is hot as ****

I don't really care for her, either. stick out tongue She's better than Paltrow, though.

Monica should have played Talia.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MB_zps89a6b7e7.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.