Flood vs Xenomorph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
A Flood spore has landed on the Xenomorph homeworld. It is spawning in peace for now...

Will the Xenomorph homeworld survive?

KingD19
Nope. If the Forerunners couldn't do it, no way the Xeno's can.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SSJVegeta
A Flood spore has landed on the Xenomorph homeworld. It is spawning in peace for now...

Will the Xenomorph homeworld survive?

No.

Scarlet Fox
Doutful. But a Xenomorph Flood Army?! Master Chief would be shitting out his implants!

SSJVegeta
Originally posted by KingD19
Nope. If the Forerunners couldn't do it, no way the Xeno's can.
Here's how: Forerunners don't have acidic blood. Tell me how one Flood is goin to infect a creature with acidic insides?

Warakia
The Flood infects at the cellular level. They don't need to rip apart the Xenomorphs to infect them - so basically the acid is moot as they'll still be converted.

Betterman
Spores...

SSJVegeta

KingD19
Flood are spores, but that's not how they take you over. They pierce the skin and attach tendrils to the spinal cord. And it's hilarious to think Aliens could survive this when the undisputed lords of existence were wiped out unceremoniously.

SSJVegeta
Lords of their existence. The Forerunners aren't in the Aliens/Predator/Engineer (Space Jockey) universe. So, that comment is also moot. Also the piercing the skin and attaching to the spinal cord thing is moot because once you pierce an Alien's skin, your life is pretty much forfeit as you are going to be buffeted with acid. Flood included...

Betterman
No no, you're overlooking something. Airborne spores.

In addition, the Flood'll be corrupting the environment itself - lilies, trees, cacti, whatever the Xenomorph Homeworld has growing on it. Good luck fighting the planet, Xenos.

Warakia

KingD19
Lol. Comparing the Alien/Predator/Engineer verse to that of Halo.

The Forerunner's decimated the race that used to be the Flood, and during the time they were fighting the Flood on all fronts, had enough time to gather samples of every known species in existence, and make genetic copies able to be brought back after they fired the Halo Rings. Which also wiped out all life with no problems.

It's like comparing ants to...well masters of existence(which the Forerunners clearly were with their amazing tech)

SSJVegeta
They had dominion over a galaxy and a few satellites that destroyed life. That's no more impressive than Darth Sidious and the Death Star. I'm not impressed. I don't think the Flood can infect the Aliens.

KingD19
You're severely downplaying how impressive the Forerunners were. The satellites were the size of planets, and each one could repopulate entire planets down to the micro-organisms.

And they're more impressive than the aliens, who are nothing but semi-sentient experiments run amok.

And you're probably the only one who doesn't. Which means you made an intentional spite thread, but it's spite for the Flood. Not against them.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by SSJVegeta
They had dominion over a galaxy and a few satellites that destroyed life. That's no more impressive than Darth Sidious and the Death Star. I'm not impressed. I don't think the Flood can infect the Aliens.

Last time I checked the Death Star could not wipe out an entire galaxy of life. The DS is a goddamn squirt gun next to what the Forerunners built.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Last time I checked the Death Star could not wipe out an entire galaxy of life. The DS is a goddamn squirt gun next to what the Forerunners built. thumb up Comparing the Death Star to the Halos is funny.

Omega Vision
Do Xenomorphs have bones? I remember reading that the flood don't have much use for lifeforms without calcium skeletons--that they can only use them as biomatter to build graveminds, not as soldiers (hence why you never see any flood drones, or flood hunters).

Not saying Xenos have any way of beating the flood, I just don't see flood-xenos running around based on the aforementioned issue.

Emi~Kiro
I'M not convinced the Flood can assimilate something like the Xenomorphs. If they tried I think it would end with a big lump of dead so I call this a draw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.