Sabastian Shaw vs Starkhawk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Sounds like a good fight.

Raisen
It doesn't sound like a good fight to me. Starhawk should destroy. How does Shaw win?

Oliver North
Can Shaw absorb light?

Is there a limit to how much Shaw can absorb?

golem370
He can absorb kinetic energy enough to bloody Colossus noise I would assume that Colossus is stronger and more durable then Star.

golem370
I guess after reading up on him Starhawk would win but I would bet Sabastian would give SH a fight

Oliver North
Starhawk has light blasts that would annihilate Shaw, and blitz's FTL.

Unless he has some way to absorb the torrent of damage coming his way in the first moments of the fight, its over immediately.

Ultimately, Starhawk can go intangible, so Shaw can't hurt him.

Oliver North
Originally posted by golem370
but I would bet Sabastian would give SH a fight

no sad

Galan007
Originally posted by Oliver North
Can Shaw absorb light?

Is there a limit to how much Shaw can absorb? Shaw can absorb any type of energy:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15815346/2-1.jpgoriginal.jpg.html

Shaw's limit varies from writer-to-writer. More times than not, though, his absorption limitations aren't clearly defined.

JakeTheBank
He absorbed some magic in Avengers Academy, didn't he?

Galan007
Yeah:
http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/galanpics/media/3-1.jpg.html
http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/galanpics/media/4-1.jpg.html

Apparently not even Shaw himself knew he could absorb magical energy prior to fighting Herc.

tkitna
I would assume that Colossus is stronger and more durable then Star.

I dont think so.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah:
http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/galanpics/media/3-1.jpg.html
http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/galanpics/media/4-1.jpg.html

Apparently not even Shaw himself knew he could absorb magical energy prior to fighting Herc.

thumb up

Impressive.

carver9
He can absorb kinetic energy enough to bloody Colossus noise I would assume that Colossus is stronger and more durable then Star.

This fight didn't happen. It was all a mind trick.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
This fight didn't happen. It was all a mind trick. thumb up

There first battle is the only canon one-- and Shaw stomped the Christ out of him.

Raisen
thumb up

There first battle is the only canon one-- and Shaw stomped the Christ out of him.

Shaw doesn't really get a lot of respect or credit does he? I always thought he was a decent villain. What range would you put him at power-wise?

low meta to mid herald (for combat purposes) depending on how juiced up he is

Apparently not even Shaw himself knew he could absorb magical energy prior to fighting Herc. that shaw didnt know anything about himself

Galan007
Originally posted by Raisen
Shaw doesn't really get a lot of respect or credit does he? I always thought he was a decent villain. What range would you put him at power-wise? It's hard to say. Shaw's powers are always in a state of flux, as his level of power at any given time depends entirely on how much energy he's absorbed.

Physically, he can become extremely powerful. Rogue /w/ Ms. Marvel's power compared a b1tch-slap from Shaw to a punch from Hulk. We have seen him shit-stomp Colossus, Rogue /w/ She-Hulk's power, Cable, Iron Man, Cannonball, etc. We've also seen Shaw give Magneto a very good fight, despite the battlefield heavily favoring Mags.

As far as energy absorption goes: he's absorbed raw lightning/electricity, repulsor blasts, Gambit's energies, Hazmat's blasts, magical energy from Hercules' sword, Holocaust's blasts(very impressive), etc.(aside from raw kinetic power generated by physical attacks, obviously.)

Furthermore, Shaw is nearly TP-proof-- not even Emma could pierce his mind.

Dude is a beast.

Oliver North
shaw may indeed be amazing, however, to the point of this thread, there is still literally nothing he could do to Starhawk

Wei Phoenix
shaw may indeed be amazing, however, to the point of this thread, there is still literally nothing he could do to Starhawk

Could buy him a beer and offer him some real estate in Appalachian Mountains.

cdtm
If his standard operating power level is "Give Korvac a decent fight" (Which I've read about back in the day, but otherwise know nothing of the character), them yeah, Starhawk loses.

Glancing at a wiki, it looks like there's been several incarnations of Starhawk though..

Oliver North
we go by most powerful incarnation + even the least powerful one is far above Shaw, unless we claim "infinite potential" for his absorption

cdtm
we go by most powerful incarnation + even the least powerful one is far above Shaw, unless we claim "infinite potential" for his absorption

Actually, unless specified in by the thread op, it's current version at their best.

That's why thread posters keep saying "Pre New 52 Superman", for example.

celeyhyga17
Starhawk

Oliver North
ok... the distinctions between the versions still doesn't matter...

The question would be relevant to the Thor vs Starhawk thread, but even then, only to a matter of degrees.

"Dark Starhawk" is a different character altogether with different powers (though probably stronger than Starhawk proper). There is the version that shares a body with Aleta and the version that doesn't. The version that does can amp his strength up to cl 100+ and is able to make crude light constructs (nothing compared to what Aleta can do, so I generally even ignore this power for forum purposes). The version without Aleta is a considerably stronger light manipulator and can got FTL instantly, where it takes a couple of seconds to get there in the Aleta. Additionally, Starhawk without Aleta has feats where he physically stabilized the Guardians' ship as it traveled through space, something that is at least a cl 100+ feat, so it is arguable that Aleta gives him anything huge aside from limited light constructs, however, Aleta does have a higher physical durability.

CIS on, neither version of Starhawk would ever straight out physically attack Shaw, not to mention a mixture of cosmic awareness + the whole "one who knows" thing would mean he knows about Shaw's powers (and if not, he has feats where he scans people like Surfer to find out what has hurt them, etc, he could piece the "don't get physical with Shaw" thing together fairly quickly).

With the exception of access to crude light constructs and durability that would be irrelevant in this fight anyways, current Starhawk is the most powerful, and still, there is no version that doesn't WTFstomp Shaw, unless we assume he has infinite absorption... and afaik Storm has overloaded him in the past.

Galan007
shaw may indeed be amazing, however, to the point of this thread, there is still literally nothing he could do to Starhawk I know nothing about Starhawk, and am certainly not opposed to him winning... But how does he go about doing so, iyo? Energy overload?

guy222
sh wins

Oliver North
I know nothing about Starhawk, and am certainly not opposed to him winning... But how does he go about doing so, iyo? Energy overload?

it would have to be, really

abhilegend
Shaw has been overloaded three times in his life, storm's lightning which should be PIS, falling from orbit while his weight was highly increased by Harry Leland and by Magneto. He could win but I see starhawk overloading him most of the time. He wouldn't beat shaw directly though. Just IMO.

Galan007
^ Storm overloading Shaw with lightning can definitely be written-off as PIS, given the plethora of uber energies he's absorbed since then w/o any problems.

Shaw being overloaded by falling from orbit can also be written-off as PIS, given that he fell from orbit/near-orbit a few years back during UXM, and all it did was empower him.

The Magneto thing is still usable, I suppose. It just seems awfully dumb that Shaw was 'overloaded' just by Mags dropping a bunch of metal on him. thumb down

Oliver North
so, is the argument then, "Yes, I am going to use the infinite potential fallacy in favor of Shaw" and "no it doesn't matter that he has been overloaded in the past"?

Because the upper limit of Starhawk's powers have never been shown, and if I got to throw out appearances I didn't like... Hell, Starhawk may be low Skyfather!!!

^ Storm overloading Shaw with lightning can definitely be written-off as PIS, given the plethora of uber energies he's absorbed since then w/o any problems.

Shaw being overloaded by falling from orbit can also be written-off as PIS, given that he fell from orbit/near-orbit a few years back during UXM, and all it did was empower him.

The Magneto thing is still usable, I suppose. It just seems awfully dumb that Shaw was 'overloaded' just by Mags dropping a bunch of metal on him. thumb down leland increased his mass and therefore the force he was subjected to while falling

IIRC magneto actively crushed him, pressing the metal against his body, so it wasn't a matter of the metal's weight

zopzop
What's stopping Starhawk from moving at FTL speeds and putting Shaw in a full nelson then dragging his ass at FTL speeds into an oxygen deprived environment?

Or better yet, Starhawk's strength level is enough for him to engage CL100 characters like Thor in H2H battle. What's stopping Starhawk from pulling a "Tigra" and choking Shaw out. He's infinitely FASTER and STRONGER than she is.

Or he can overload him.

Or he can blind his @$$.

I can't see Shaw winning a single match.

Oliver North
thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
What's stopping Starhawk from moving at FTL speeds and putting Shaw in a full nelson then dragging his ass at FTL speeds into an oxygen deprived environment?

Or better yet, Starhawk's strength level is enough for him to engage CL100 characters like Thor in H2H battle. What's stopping Starhawk from pulling a "Tigra" and choking Shaw out. He's infinitely FASTER and STRONGER than she is.

Or he can overload him.

Or he can blind his @$$.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

Bottom line is Starhawk can explore different options to win while Shaw pretty much has none.

Starhawk has superspeed, flight, intangibility... How can Shaw even touch him?

YFZ 350
Shaw wins.

Galan007
so, is the argument then, "Yes, I am going to use the infinite potential fallacy in favor of Shaw" and "no it doesn't matter that he has been overloaded in the past"? Who said anything about Shaw having 'infinite potential'? Why are you getting so defensive?

I merely pointed out some inconsistencies regarding a few of Shaw's past 'overloads', which render them PIS. Nothing more. srsly

golem370
Well for me I was going with standard Starhawk.

Oliver North
Who said anything about Shaw having 'infinite potential'? Why are you getting so defensive?

I merely pointed out some inconsistencies regarding a few of Shaw's past 'overloads', which render them PIS. Nothing more. srsly

I'm not getting defensive, maybe I don't get what you are saying... you are discussing Shaw's absorption with no relevance to the fight? Like, you aren't arguing for Shaw?

Do you think it's impossible for SH to overload him? Like, maybe I don't understand Shaw well enough, but do you think Iron Man would have difficulty with him? Thor? Surfer?

Galan007
I'm not getting defensive, maybe I don't get what you are saying... you are discussing Shaw's absorption with no relevance to the fight? Like, you aren't arguing for Shaw?

Do you think it's impossible for SH to overload him? Like, maybe I don't understand Shaw well enough, but do you think Iron Man would have difficulty with him? Thor? Surfer? You misunderstand. I think it is absolutely possible for Shaw to be overloaded-- and from what I've read here, Starhawk seems more than capable of doing so.

Again: I was just highlighting some of Shaw's abilities, is all. thumb up

Oliver North
alright, totally my bad then smile apologies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.