Morlun vs Colossus and Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

SamZED
On paper Morlun. In a book? The duo.

Tony Stark
Team handily

Glorificus
Team should win... eventually.

Raisen
Morlun was uber but I can't see him taking down these guys. their durability is quite a bit above Spidey's

StiltmanFTW
You guys can't be serious.

Morlun pwns them with ease.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

no expression

We're not talking about Spider-man and Dare Devil here, these are two mid CL100 bricks.

Yamcha
I mean..Morlun did waltz through Wakanda like it was nothing >.>
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps84c0179b.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps9dc8378f.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps6b688de1.jpg

Then tore through an adamantium net while he was at it o.o http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps3e5b4b36.jpg

Nothing they did really slowed him down O_O
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps4a65325b.jpg
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps51a63c77.jpg

zopzop

Exactly.

Doubters can see the scans Yamcha just posted.

-Pr-
Morlun should win. Still have a hard time thinking of him as a Spidey villain.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Tony Stark
no expression

We're not talking about Spider-man and Dare Devil here, these are two mid CL100 bricks.

Tony, you're drunk again?

Morlun doesn't have many appearances - read them and educate yourself, buddy. Or just look for the scans here and there... it's not much effort. Yamcha just posted some scans from Black Panther series, his latest showings.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Morlun should win. Still have a hard time thinking of him as a Spidey villain.

Parker managed to beat him only thanks to prep and specific kind of radiation or when he transformed into upgraded version of Manspider and drained his energy.

I didn't mind him being overpowered and outclassing Pete as long as the story was interesting. And JMS didn't disappoint.

KingD19
Why did he get such an amp during the Panther series? I know he could manhandle Pete, but he didn't seem that incredibly powerful against people who weren't totems back then.

Estacado
Morlun.

SamZED
Originally posted by KingD19
Why did he get such an amp during the Panther series? I know he could manhandle Pete, but he didn't seem that incredibly powerful against people who weren't totems back then. With Pete he was holding back big time. Playing basically and Spider-man couldn't even scratch him. Sounds accurate.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
With Pete he was holding back big time. Playing basically and Spider-man couldn't even scratch him. Sounds accurate.

JMS Spiderman was operating at high levels and he stated Morlun hit (him) harder than Thor or Hulk.

Morlun was intended to be an incredibly powerful beast from beginning - that's why Ezekiel knew the metal dome with adamantium at its core wouldn't stop him, etc.

curryman
JMS Spiderman was operating at high levels and he stated Morlun hit (him) harder than Thor or Hulk.

When's the last time Peter took a hit from either of those?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by curryman
When's the last time Peter took a hit from either of those?

Sam or Parm (maybe Digi) will know better than me, but honestly it doesn't matter much with all those "untold tales" around - it was stated Colosssus went toe to toe with Thor for example, etc.

JMS wrote a story with Hulk, but as far as I recall he only slapped him.

A good question actually, showings preceding Morlun's introduction need to be revealed.

curryman
Sam or Parm (maybe Digi) will know better than me, but honestly it doesn't matter much with all those "untold tales" around - it was stated Colosssus went toe to toe with Thor for example, etc.

JMS wrote a story with Hulk, but as far as I recall he only slapped him.

A good question actually, showings preceding Morlun's introduction need to be revealed.

My point was that Parker obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and that a punch from Hulk or Thor would kill him.

StiltmanFTW
My point was that Parker obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and that a punch from Hulk or Thor would kill him.

I understand and I agree that it *should* kill him. But these are comics we're talking about. And it's within the realm of possibility that he rolled with blows and/or Thor/Hulk didn't hit him with full strength. The first encounter with Hulk comes to mind.

Anyway, Morlun was meant to be *nigh* unbeatable sans the plot device.

Sin I AM
Team I can see the duo replicating that feat, if they were serious

curryman
I understand and I agree that it *should* kill him. But these are comics we're talking about. And it's within the realm of possibility that he rolled with blows and/or Thor/Hulk didn't hit him with full strength. The first encounter with Hulk comes to mind.

Anyway, Morlun was meant to be *nigh* unbeatable sans the plot device.

yeah, as far as I remember there are at least 2-3 incidents where Spidey's survived/semi-dodged some hits from the Hulk. I just thought don't want to entertain the notion that Morlun might actually be stronger than Thor or Hulk stick out tongue

carver9
Morlun should be able to give both Thor and Hulk decent fights...wouldn't say he is as strong as either though.

StiltmanFTW
He doesn't have to be though seeing as his durability seems much higher.

carver9
Debatable...everything he did/done, Hulk did it 2 times over. I think he will give anyone in the Herald tier a good fight...an amazing fight.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Debatable...everything he did/done, Hulk did it 2 times over. I think he will give anyone in the Herald tier and good fight...an amazing fight.

Hulk broke adamantium only while being amped. Worthy WWH. Everything else was either secondary adamantium or adamantium alloy sh*t.

Either way Carver, Hulk is not in this thread - Colossus and Thing are. And they are far less powerful, neither of them even capable of breaking secondary adamantium, etc.

SamZED
When's the last time Peter took a hit from either of those? From Thor quite recently - during End of the Earth which is one of the latest issues of ASM. Cant remember if Thor was among a group of heroes who hit him during Spider Island. Either way Pete's been hit by both on several occasions (among other class 100+ characters) so he knows what he's talking about. On a side note he tends to exaggerate sometimes. He wasnt far off with Morlun though looking at his feats.

StiltmanFTW
For f*cks sake... JMS, a writer respected by a great amount of fans - not just US - had Ezekiel saying a dome with a super-durable, adamantium-core wouldn't stop him. What happened in BP run? Adamantium net shredded.

Then we have a very likely possibility of Morlun liking to play with food.

Morlun was meant to be amazingly powerful from the start, I'm sure of it. Only thing that contradicts it is what, 1 handbook maybe... that puts Morlun at about average stats even though we know he's above that.

JakeTheBank
For f*cks sake... JMS, a writer respected by a great amount of fans - not just US - had Ezekiel saying a dome with a super-durable, adamantium-core wouldn't stop him. What happened in BP run? Adamantium net shredded.

Morlun was meant to be amazingly powerful from the start, I'm sure of it. Only thing that contradicts it is what, 1 handbook maybe... that puts Morlun at about average stats even though we know he's above that.

thumb up

Handbooks are garbage. I don't know why people like to cite them over the actual comics themselves when it comes to powers/abilities and the range of them.

Sin I AM
still think team takes it

SamZED
^ Doubt it. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Handbooks are garbage. I don't know why people like to cite them over the actual comics themselves when it comes to powers/abilities and the range of them. Kingpin is the best example.

JakeTheBank
The only real use for handbooks, imho, is how they give you a brief summary of a character's origin and major events they played a role in. As far as power levels go, they give very basic overviews and often omit a lot of what that character has done.

I don't even want to get into the numerical scale they use for the power grids.

curryman
From Thor quite recently - during End of the Earth which is one of the latest issues of ASM. Cant remember if Thor was among a group of heroes who hit him during Spider Island. Either way Pete's been hit by both on several occasions (among other class 100+ characters) so he knows what he's talking about. On a side note he tends to exaggerate sometimes. He wasnt far off with Morlun though looking at his feats.

He was very, very, very far off.

If you wanna throw up the Thor vs Morlun thread then go ahead.

I'll gladly take it to the battlezone if you want.

SamZED
He was very, very, very far off.

If you wanna throw up the Thor vs Morlun thread then go ahead.

I'll gladly take it to the battlezone if you want. What does that have to do with anything? I never said Morlun can beat Thor in a fight and you will never hear me say that. Spider-man was comparing their punches, we are talking about punches and that only. And concidering that he has been hit by Hulk, Thor, classic Juggs etc and now by Morlun who is strong enough to rip apart a primary adamantium net like a tissue I dont see why he can't compare the hits... Please explain why was he far off? What are you basing that on exactly?

Tony Stark

Morlun was intended to be an incredibly powerful beast from beginning - that's why Ezekiel knew the metal dome with adamantium at its core wouldn't stop him, etc.

The difference is that neither HULK nor THOR really truly tried to hit Spiderman they are heroes and friends of his. Morlun is obviously not and would be giving his all.

curryman
What does that have to do with anything? I never said Morlun can beat Thor in a fight and you will never hear me say that. Spider-man was comparing their punches, we are talking about punches and that only. And concidering that he has been hit by Hulk, Thor, classic Juggs etc and now by Morlun who is strong enough to rip apart a primary adamantium net like a tissue I dont see why he can't compare the hits... Please explain why was he far off? What are you basing that on exactly?

The fact that he doesn't have their feats.

Plain and simple.

Spidey's never taken a real hit from Thor or Hulk either.

If he did, he'd be dead smile

SamZED
The fact that he doesn't have their feats.

Plain and simple.

Spidey's never taken a real hit from Thor or Hulk either.

If he did, he'd be dead smile Are you saying that no new character can possibly hit as strong as Thor unless he/she has decades worth of feats? What if its their first appearnce? Molrlun is fairly new and the few times he displayed his strength he a. was compared to Hulk and b. ripped a primary adamantium net. Sounds right to me.

Spider-man's been hit by many class 100+. So have other streets, it's comics.

curryman
Are you saying that no new character can possibly hit as strong as Thor unless he/she has decades worth of feats? What if its their first appearnce? Molrlun is fairly new and the few times he displayed his strength he a. was compared to Hulk and b. ripped a primary adamantium net. Sounds right to me.

Spider-man's been hit by many class 100+. So have other streets, it's comics.

Spider-man has not been straight up hit by many class 100+. Some class 100s sure, but he has not taken straight blows from class 100+s.

You can't use the comparison by Spider-man as a showing when that's what's being disputed...

And if a new character wants to be established around Thor's or Hulk's (a lower level than Thor's) then they need some feats beyond no-selling Spider-Man and fighting Wakanda.

carver9
Lol...ripping Adamantium like tissue paper should be enough proof that he is either on or above Thor. Not a single Herald in Marvel has damaged Adamantium, especially as easily as Morlun did. It's pretty clear what the writer intention was when he compared Morlun strength to the strongest character on the planet. No way of denying this. Now the dispute is...has Parker ever felt the punch of an angry Hulk?

Why I'm on this topic...Stiltman, didn't forget about you bro. Classic Ultron was made out of Primary Adamantium and Hulk one punched him denting his shell so that wasp can enter.

SamZED
Spider-man has not been straight up hit by many class 100+. Some class 100s sure, but he has not taken straight blows from class 100+s.

You can't use the comparison by Spider-man as a showing when that's what's being disputed...

And if a new character wants to be established around Thor's or Hulk's (a lower level than Thor's) then they need some feats beyond no-selling Spider-Man and fighting Wakanda. He has. I honestly do not know what else to say on the matter. He has so he knows what he's talking about.

You're missing the point again. We're not comparing Morlun to Thor in general, we're comparing strength behind their hits. Morlun has ripped a primary adamantium net, and like Carver said, its a strength feat not many (if any at all) class 100+ characters managed to pull off. And it supports Spider-man's claim. You can't keep basing your opinion on what you feel things should be like instead of what was actually shown on-panel.

curryman
He has. I honestly do not know what else to say on the matter. He has so he knows what he's talking about.

You're missing the point again. We're not comparing Morlun to Thor in general, we're comparing strength behind their hits. Morlun has ripped a primary adamantium net, and like Carver said, its a strength feat not many (if any at all) class 100+ characters managed to pull off. And it supports Spider-man's claim. You can't keep basing your opinion on what you feel things should be like instead of what was actually shown on-panel.

Didn't even see him rip the net...

It's not like Thor and Hulk hasn't dealt with Adamantium either.

Don't even bother trying to bring up JMS' credibility when you're trying to sell him with Hudlin's trash writing.

Oliver North
this thread is amazing...

Sin I AM
Lol...ripping Adamantium like tissue paper should be enough proof that he is either on or above Thor. Not a single Herald in Marvel has damaged Adamantium, especially as easily as Morlun did. It's pretty clear what the writer intention was when he compared Morlun strength to the strongest character on the planet. No way of denying this. Now the dispute is...has Parker ever felt the punch of an angry Hulk?

Why I'm on this topic...Stiltman, didn't forget about you bro. Classic Ultron was made out of Primary Adamantium and Hulk one punched him denting his shell so that wasp can enter. lmao u can't be serious

SamZED
Didn't even see him rip the net...

It's not like Thor and Hulk hasn't dealt with Adamantium either.

Don't even bother trying to bring up JMS' credibility when you're trying to sell him with Hudlin's trash writing.
One pannel - Morlun cought in an adamantium net.
"RIIIP" sound effect.
Second pannel - the net is ripped to pieces in Morlun's hands.
Lets just agree to disagree as I really do not see what else is there to discuss or what other proof is required. Second part of your post I did not understand.

curryman
One pannel - Morlun cought in an adamantium net.
"RIIIP" sound effect.
Second pannel - the net is ripped to pieces in Morlun's hands.
Lets just agree to disagree as I really do not see what else is there to discuss or what other proof is required. Second part of your post I did not understand.

Someone tried to pass off Spidey's remark as a fact because JMS is a respected writer.

KingD19
The whole issue with the net. We don't know if it was primary adamantium or secondary adamantium. Or if it was just laced with a very small amount to strengthen it. It looked like a normal net, and if Morlun can just shred primary adamantium like nothing, then Adamantium's credibility has gone down, or some writer has too much power on their hands.

SamZED
^ It was referred as "adamantium net" i believe its been agreed on the forum that its primary unless stated otherwise.

Someone tried to pass off Spidey's remark as a fact because JMS is a respected writer. Wasnt me. I was going by feats.

BUSTER1
Why I'm on this topic...Stiltman, didn't forget about you bro. Classic Ultron was made out of Primary Adamantium and Hulk one punched him denting his shell so that wasp can enter.

That was Secret Wars and it was Banner Hulk, so one of his weaker incarnations-as his intelligence hindered his rage amping ability, moreso than Merged/Professor Hulk. So if Morlun is a major threat to rank with Hulk and Thor, he could possibly rip through adamantium net.

carver9
Like I've stated before, Morlun is one of the only (minus Hulk and Nul) to rip through Adamantium effortlessly. I cant think of another time adamantium was shredded, especially as easy as Morlun did it. This doesnt include everything else he's done in that same arc. I haven't seen a shed of evidence pointed the other way proving Morlun isn't on the top of the food chain when it comes to strength...hell, add durability to that as well.

Branlor Swift

Why I'm on this topic...Stiltman, didn't forget about you bro. Classic Ultron was made out of Primary Adamantium and Hulk one punched him denting his shell so that wasp can enter. Right before Nuul tore adamantium like you keep bringing up, Thor kicked the shit out of a fresh Nuul
So I don't see why it puts him above Thor

And yes he has

He didn't one punch him you cretin

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Right before Nuul tore adamantium like you keep bringing up, Thor kicked the shit out of a fresh Nuul
So I don't see why it puts him above Thor

And yes he has

He didn't one punch him you cretin

We've been through this before and I owned you with scans. Don't know why you keep bringing this up to me because you're wrong.

No need to respond to the rest of your post.

Branlor Swift
We've been through this before and I owned you with scans. Don't know why you keep bringing this up to me because you're wrong.

No need to respond to the rest of your post. Never happened, literally ever.

But you're saying Morlun is possibly above Thor because he tore adamantium in the same posts that you're bragging about Hulk doing it. Yet, when Hulk did it, it was after getting knocked out by Thor, so clearly something is wrong here. I just don't agree with Morlun possibly being above Thor.

The rest of my post is in response to you asking questions, or saying shit like "Hulk one punched Ultron"

Sin I AM
Never happened, literally ever.

But you're saying Morlun is possibly above Thor because he tore adamantium in the same posts that you're bragging about Hulk doing it. Yet, when Hulk did it, it was after getting knocked out by Thor, so clearly something is wrong here. I just don't agree with Morlun possibly being above Thor.

The rest of my post is in response to you asking questions, or saying shit like "Hulk one punched Ultron"

Didnt he only dent a small portion of ultron? and wasnt that retconned as secondary adamantium anyway....i thought marvel retconned every occurence of adamantium being broken as it being secondary. the only instance of it actually being broken was by s'ym iirc.

Plus you make a good point about the hulk/null, thor argument

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Didnt he only dent a small portion of ultron? and wasnt that retconned as secondary adamantium anyway....i thought marvel retconned every occurence of adamantium being broken as it being secondary. the only instance of it actually being broken was by s'ym iirc.

Plus you make a good point about the hulk/null, thor argument
To my knowledge it was never retconned.

Hulk literally broke/dented Ultron's neck with a punch. Has Thor EVER damaged Ultron? And keep in mind this was when Hulk was having issues because he wasn't fully Banner or fully Hulk, so he felt he wasn't smart or savage enough to be useful to the Heroes in the Secret War :
http://s18.postimg.org/66ex36jqd/SW9_Hulk2.jpg

Here is Hulk damaging Ultron with his punch :
http://s7.postimg.org/lvzl3lcon/SW12_vs_Ultron.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/9wajosqe9/SW12_vs_Ultron2.jpg

Thor had his chance to shine vs Ultron but he ran before Ultron fired off his disintegration beam that Doom installed. Earlier when Thor actually attacked Ultron with Mjolnir, it did no damage, just knocked him off balance :
http://s1.postimg.org/54ps1aejf/Secret_Wars004_10.jpg

Branlor Swift
lol at Hulk getting dropped by a shot to the leg. All the times I've seen that, and I never noticed that before.

Also, Thor was fighting about 10 villains at once. Obviously he used his full power against Ultron in that throw to "damage Ultie a little"

zopzop
lol at Hulk getting dropped by a shot to the leg. All the times I've seen that, and I never noticed that before.

Also, Thor was fighting about 10 villains at once. Obviously he used his full power against Ultron in that throw to "damage Ultie a little"
Good point. Now has Thor, sans any kind of amp like the Odinforce, ever damaged Ultron?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop
Good point. Now has Thor, sans any kind of amp like the Odinforce, ever damaged Ultron? Don't think so.

But he has dented a solid adamantium cylinder before.

Besides adamantium nets, I don't think you're going to see anyone outright destroying it.

zopzop
Don't think so.

But he has dented a solid adamantium cylinder before.

Besides adamantium nets, I don't think you're going to see anyone outright destroying it.
Is this the incident you are referring to?
http://s24.postimg.org/ieu3nd9k1/2540845_1701826_thor_dents_adamantium_super.jpg
So Thor "scarcely dented" an adamantium cylinder with his "mightiest blow" but Hulk (that wasn't full on Savage Hulk or full on Banner) snapped Ultron's neck with a punch?

abhilegend
Thor knocked out himself attacking ultron. He's attacked secondary adamantium ultrons with wonder man and did no damage. Also that ultron in secret wars was retconned as a secondary adamantium ultron.

Branlor Swift
Is this the incident you are referring to?
http://s24.postimg.org/ieu3nd9k1/2540845_1701826_thor_dents_adamantium_super.jpg
So Thor "scarcely dented" an adamantium cylinder with his "mightiest blow" but Hulk (that wasn't full on Savage Hulk or full on Banner) snapped Ultron's neck with a punch? Yes. Thor with an uncharged blow was the first to damage Adamantium. You'll also notice pieces flying off.

Snapped neck? Look at his neck in the third and forth panels. The third one it's standing straight up, and the forth one has his neck bent on the complete opposite side.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2502gjk.jpg

Also notice how one shotted Hulk was with a leg shot.

abhilegend
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15373284_Avengers067-02.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15373285_Avengers067-03.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15373286_Avengers067-04.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15373287_Avengers067-05.jpg

zopzop
Yes. Thor with an uncharged blow was the first to damage Adamantium. You'll also notice pieces flying off.

Snapped neck? Look at his neck in the third and forth panels. The third one it's standing straight up, and the forth one has his neck bent on the complete opposite side.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2502gjk.jpg

Also notice how one shotted Hulk was with a leg shot.
Yet Hulk did more damage to Ultron than Thor ever did that's my point. And it's not like Thor hasn't had his chance to shine vs Ultron. They fought numerous times.

PS Abhi, you SURE they retconned Secret War Ultron to being secondary adamantium. Proof? If so, ignore my whole "Hulk damaged Ultron" statement.

abhilegend
Yet Hulk did more damage to Ultron than Thor ever did that's my point. And it's not like Thor hasn't had his chance to shine vs Ultron. They fought numerous times.

PS Abhi, you SURE they retconned Secret War Ultron to being secondary adamantium. Proof? If so, ignore my whole "Hulk damaged Ultron" statement.
Yeah, I'm sure they retconned it in Avengers Forever. I don't have the scans atm though.

leonidas

thumb up

He has. I honestly do not know what else to say on the matter. He has so he knows what he's talking about.

thumb up thumb up

not even sure how there is a debate about this. morlun is clearly in thor's strength class. that doesn't mean he could beat thor who is one of the most versatile characters in comics. to deny morlun's strength though is simply denying on-panel evidence backed by very obvious write intent. that along with the notion that spidey hasn't been struck by cl100 guys, and couldn't survive it..... blink

just because morlun doesn't have the wealth of feats thor has doesn't mean we can't come to a logical conclusion (thus far) as regards his power level. shredding wakanda like he did is a damn big feat especially in light of some of bp's solo feats.

morlun would win this fight, imo, but it would be very interesting to see him take on some of marvel's more notable bricks.

leonidas
hmm, i don't recall that retcon happening in avengers forever, but been a while since i read it...

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i don't recall that retcon happening in avengers forever, but been a while since i read it...
I have read it a long time ago too but it retconned ultron's entire history of being damaged as secondary adamantium ultrons IIRC.

Branlor Swift

PS Abhi, you SURE they retconned Secret War Ultron to being secondary adamantium. Proof? If so, ignore my whole "Hulk damaged Ultron" statement. There's only one time to my knowledge Thor actually went balls out against Ultron, and that was when he was shattering secondary adamantium like tin. And it was against an upgraded Ultron.

We know he can damage Ultron with an uncharged hit, so what do you end up with at the end of the day? Holding back?

zopzop
There's only one time to my knowledge Thor actually went balls out against Ultron, and that was when he was shattering secondary adamantium like tin. And it was against an upgraded Ultron.

We know he can damage Ultron with an uncharged hit, so what do you end up with at the end of the day? Holding back?
Why would he hold back vs a murdering machine, it's not like it's alive. So that can't be it.

We know he can "slightly dent" adamantium with his "mightiest blow". We saw unSavage Hulk snap Ultron's neck with a punch (assuming it hasn't been retconned into Secondary Adamantium).

So basically Thor has never damaged Adamantium Ultron?

Branlor Swift
Why would he hold back vs a murdering machine, it's not like it's alive. So that can't be it.

We know he can "slightly dent" adamantium with his "mightiest blow". We saw unSavage Hulk snap Ultron's neck with a punch (assuming it hasn't been retconned into Secondary Adamantium).

So basically Thor has never damaged Adamantium Ultron? Because he's on a team, and we literally saw him have trouble with secondary adamantium until he got pissed and started shattering it effortlessly.

Did you just ignore the full scan because Ultron's neck was bent? His neck was straight up afterwards, and then his neck was bent the other way when he fell apart.

Not to my knowledge. It's not a point though when we've seen him damage a likely thicker piece of material.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
I have read it a long time ago too but it retconned ultron's entire history of being damaged as secondary adamantium ultrons IIRC.

This, the only instances adamantium being destroyed wasn't retconned was morlun and s'ym but morlun hasn't appeared since he's trapped fighting the undead and the s'ym incident occurred in limbo which leads me to believe it affected its physiology somehow

Branlor Swift
That arc never retconned shit.

All it might have retconned is previous Ultrons getting destroyed.

S'ym was an alternate reality, and Hulk did it since then too, as did Zeus' bird

carver9
Good to see you online Bran...always good to debate with ya but its not happening today. If you believe Thor did anything noticable to Nul, that's on you bro. I'm not discussing that fight again. Also, Hulk denting Ultron gave the opportunity for Wasp to go inside of him and mess up some stuff. No matter how dent his neck was, Hulk punched messed him up.

As for the retcon, never happened...I'm trying so hard not to say anything out of the way about ABHI but it can be difficult at times.

If you want to discuss the Nul topic again Bran, we can do this via PM. Let me know bro. I also agree with your interpretation of Thor and Morlun...never said Morlun was above Thor physically, said there could be possibilities.

Branlor Swift
Good to see you online Bran...always good to debate with ya but its not happening today. If you believe Thor did anything noticable to Nul, that's on you bro. I'm not discussing that fight again. Also, Hulk denting Ultron gave the opportunity for Wasp to go inside of him and mess up some stuff. No matter how dent his neck was, Hulk punched messed him up.

As for the retcon, never happened...I'm trying so hard not to say anything out of the way about ABHI but it can be difficult at times.

If you want to discuss the Nul topic again Bran, we can do this via PM. Let me know bro. I also agree with your interpretation of Thor and Morlun...never said Morlun was above Thor physically, said there could be possibilities. OK, Nuul wasn't gushing blood, and wasn't in space knocked out. Sure thing

No, the retcon never happened. However, the same Ultron that Hulk dented, was the one that Wonder Man ****ing shook to death and crushed his head.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2mh6k9.jpg

So that one's kind of questionable to say the least...

You really want to discuss things with me in the unreportable realm of PMs? That'll go over well.

carver9
Lol...Bran, I think I know you enough to know what to expect in a message from you. That's the only way I'm debating this. This thread doesn't have a thing to do with Hulk.

Branlor Swift
Hulk talk is far better than talking about how badly Morlun tears Thing and Colossus in half.

Also, you started the Hulk talk

carver9
I did?

Branlor Swift
yeah, as far as I remember there are at least 2-3 incidents where Spidey's survived/semi-dodged some hits from the Hulk. I just thought don't want to entertain the notion that Morlun might actually be stronger than Thor or Hulk stick out tongue Originally posted by carver9
Morlun should be able to give both Thor and Hulk decent fights...wouldn't say he is as strong as either though. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He doesn't have to be though seeing as his durability seems much higher. Originally posted by carver9
Debatable...everything he did/done, Hulk did it 2 times over. I think he will give anyone in the Herald tier a good fight...an amazing fight.
Hulk broke adamantium only while being amped. Worthy WWH. Everything else was either secondary adamantium or adamantium alloy sh*t.

Either way Carver, Hulk is not in this thread - Colossus and Thing are. And they are far less powerful, neither of them even capable of breaking secondary adamantium, etc. Originally posted by carver9

You're the cause Carver. The cause. I hope you feel bad about yourself.

curryman
You're flip-flopping Mac, that's what democrats do!

leonidas
Hulk talk is far better than talking about how badly Morlun tears Thing and Colossus in half.

unlike this thread, that is debatable. sneer

Sin I AM
That arc never retconned shit.

All it might have retconned is previous Ultrons getting destroyed.

S'ym was an alternate reality, and Hulk did it since then too, as did Zeus' bird

Iirc s'ym was 616 limbo and where did it state it was true adamantium?

Branlor Swift
Iirc s'ym was 616 limbo and where did it state it was true adamantium? It was him, but it was an alternate Wolverine.

Where did it mention Morlun tore true adamantium? You see the problem that arises with questioning one feat over the others?
Either all are adamantium, or all are questionable.

But I will state that none were specifically secondary adamantium. Which has been the case since.

Sin I AM
It was him, but it was an alternate Wolverine.

Where did it mention Morlun tore true adamantium? You see the problem that arises with questioning one feat over the others?
Either all are adamantium, or all are questionable.

But I will state that none were specifically secondary adamantium. Which has been the case since.

nowhere was it stated that it was true adamantium, and all instances of it being damaged easily were retconned to secondary

Branlor Swift
So you're of the opinion that these instances were actually secondary?

This, the only instances adamantium being destroyed wasn't retconned was morlun and s'ym but morlun hasn't appeared since he's trapped fighting the undead and the s'ym incident occurred in limbo which leads me to believe it affected its physiology somehow

Also, the Ultron arc didn't retcon shit. It just brought upon the existence of secondary adamantium.

Unless we believe that every previous Ultron was actually secondary. Or we just figure that Ultron switched bodies, and only has one true adamantium form at all times.

Sin I AM
So you're of the opinion that these instances were actually secondary?

Also, the Ultron arc didn't retcon shit. It just brought upon the existence of secondary adamantium.

Unless we believe that every previous Ultron was actually secondary. Or we just figure that Ultron switched bodies, and only has one true adamantium form at all times.

yes to the first part...with a few exceptions, and to the second your guess is as good as mine although i find it doubtful that any of his armors were true adamantium

Branlor Swift
yes to the first part...with a few exceptions, and to the second your guess is as good as mine although i find it doubtful that any of his armors were true adamantium Ugh.

I wish I could retcon your post

Sin I AM
Ugh.

I wish I could retcon your post

whats so hard to understand?...personally i hate using characters with limited appearances or incarnations that are arc specific, there is never really much to go on...he goes from fighting spiderman to decimating panthers army....too much of a varrying degree of power

Branlor Swift
whats so hard to understand?...personally i hate using characters with limited appearances or incarnations that are arc specific, there is never really much to go on...he goes from fighting spiderman to decimating panthers army....too much of a varrying degree of power Because only some Ultron's were actually said to be made of Adamantium.

Even after his initial adamantium appearance, he still kept using very hard metal as his body in same incarnations.

What the Unlimited Arc did, was make all of these incarnations who appeared at the same time into secondary adamantium. Which was like 1 every 10, when there were thousands of them.

Now, it's likely that all these incarnations were just made into secondary after Ultron scrapped the original adamantium for himself, since he had to create every single one over again, and it's unlikely that absolutely none of them were adamantium considering his final form in that arc was indeed "true adamantium".

It never specifically retconned anything. It created talks of a retcon that applied to Ultron specifically, but that's not built on solid foundations considering the context.

carver9
Sin, you can't change anything you dont like. The proof is on you buddy.

Parmaniac
I'm posting this in pretty much every Morlun thread, it would help if certain people would learn to read.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4452/durability1bpv50.th.jpghttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6139/durability2bpv50.th.jpg

Durability 01

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6493/durabilitytanksthecompl.th.jpghttp://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6493/durabilitytanksthecompl.th.jpghttp://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6232/durabilitytanksthecompln.th.jpg

Durability 02:
"Morlun--Devourer of Totems-- has come to feast in T'Challa, like a lion on a wounded Caribou. And thus far, he's proved unstoppable."

"We have thrown missiles at him. Mortars and bombs. Laser cannons, vibraniumcore nuclear-tipped shells. air and ground assaults."

"We haven't even slowed his approach."

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7169/doomwar1.th.jpg

Support for the feat above.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5224/healingfactorhealsrapid.th.jpg

Healing Factor: Heals in 1 panel.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3613/strengthtearsanadamanti.th.jpg

Strength: Tears apart an adamantium net.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7274/strengthtearsapartguard.th.jpg

Strength/Exotic: Literally walks through a door and rips apart 2 guards with a simple swipe of his backhand.

EDIT: Seems over the time 2 links got down.

Tony Stark

Also, you started the Hulk talk

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mmmmmmmmmk

Bentley
I'm posting this in pretty much every Morlun thread, it would help if certain people would learn to read.

EDIT: Seems over the time 2 links got down.

Thing has ripped off adamantium too, easy cakes. Obviously Colossus is the weak link, Morlun will feed off him and beat Thing just barely after sucking all of Piotr's energy.

-Pr-
All I know is, Colossus would last longer than Thing.

SamZED
^ thumb up Thing dies first.

Sin I AM
Because only some Ultron's were actually said to be made of Adamantium.

Even after his initial adamantium appearance, he still kept using very hard metal as his body in same incarnations.

What the Unlimited Arc did, was make all of these incarnations who appeared at the same time into secondary adamantium. Which was like 1 every 10, when there were thousands of them.

Now, it's likely that all these incarnations were just made into secondary after Ultron scrapped the original adamantium for himself, since he had to create every single one over again, and it's unlikely that absolutely none of them were adamantium considering his final form in that arc was indeed "true adamantium".

It never specifically retconned anything. It created talks of a retcon that applied to Ultron specifically, but that's not built on solid foundations considering the context.

interesting. I thought ALL his armors were retconned to being secondary to sorta legitimize it back to its unbreakable thing. but i concede unless further proff is given i believe u to be correct

Sin, you can't change anything you dont like. The proof is on you buddy.

hilarious coming from u

i dont think either are weak links, and the are pretty solid mid 100s with great durability

carver9
Sin...

It's obvious you don't know a thing about Morlun. Every ft someone bring up, you are unaware of it so why vote against a character or even debate on a character you have no knowledge about.

Sam, quick question. When Morlun got finished pounding on Spiderman and the cops ended up surrounding him...the scene after that, Morlun basically punched all the cops head off. During that instance, was he moving at super speed? Can't remember.

Bentley
^ thumb up Thing dies first.

Go read some Spider-man uhuh

-Pr-
why vote against a character or even debate on a character you have no knowledge about.

You're gonna pull that card? REALLY?

Mindset
You're gonna pull that card? REALLY? Watch your tone when you're talking to Carver.

carver9
You're gonna pull that card? REALLY?

thumb up

I sure did. The crazy thing is, Carver9 tend to know about every character and story that is brought up in a thread that he is in. Second crazy thing is, some people mentality about the amazing Carver9 is nothing but assumptions.

Mindset
carver, have you lost your mind?

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
carver, have you lost your mind?

Lol...are you saying that because I am speaking in 3rd party? Naah, I'm just messing with Pr. Im not as bad as bran yet, the guy quoted his own post and then answered himself.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Watch your tone when you're talking to Carver.

Sorry. sad

thumb up

I sure did. The crazy thing is, Carver9 tend to know about every character and story that is brought up in a thread that he is in. Second crazy thing is, some people mentality about the amazing Carver9 is nothing but assumptions.

lol, the **** you do.

Sin I AM
Sin...

It's obvious you don't know a thing about Morlun. Every ft someone bring up, you are unaware of it so why vote against a character or even debate on a character you have no knowledge about.

Sam, quick question. When Morlun got finished pounding on Spiderman and the cops ended up surrounding him...the scene after that, Morlun basically punched all the cops head off. During that instance, was he moving at super speed? Can't remember.

carver stfu. i know everything about the character, he only appeared in THREE phucking arcs...its not like he has a laundry list of feats and fyi the conversation was in regards to ultron not morlun since i already stated the morlun had broken true adamantium...god damn trolls sheesh

carver9
carver stfu. i know everything about the character, he only appeared in THREE phucking arcs...its not like he has a laundry list of feats and fyi the conversation was in regards to ultron not morlun since i already stated the morlun had broken true adamantium...god damn trolls sheesh

You didn't know about the Adamantium showing...didn't know about him hiding from Wolverine and Spiderman (ghost like figure). Some other things in this thread you didn't know.

Lol...that's the reason I brought up you providing proof. It's not secondary Adamantium until stated otherwise on panel. Do you have proof that Ultron was secondary. If not...

Sin I AM
You didn't know about the Adamantium showing...didn't know about him hiding from Wolverine and Spiderman (ghost like figure). Some other things in this thread you didn't know.

Lol...that's the reason I brought up you providing proof. It's not secondary Adamantium until stated otherwise on panel. Do you have proof that Ultron was secondary. If not...

quote the post where i didnt know troll

Branlor Swift
quote the post where i didnt know troll Come on baby this is Carvernine we're talking about here. You can't be cracking down on Carnine

Sin I AM
Come on baby this is Carvernine we're talking about here. You can't be cracking down on Carnine

i had already conceded to u, i dunno wth hes talkin about

Branlor Swift
I just find it hysterical when carver goes into "Come on gurl, this is Carver9 here, not some jive turkey like Carver8, you feeling me?" mode

ODG
I just find it hysterical when carver goes into "Come on gurl, this is Carver9 here, not some jive turkey like Carver8, you feeling me?" mode ... this is genius.

The next person who gets reprimanded by a mod must rename himself "Carver8" for a month in addition to the warning.

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud

I think they'd rather just take the ban

dmills
thumb up

laughing

dmills

And if a new character wants to be established around Thor's or Hulk's (a lower level than Thor's) then they need some feats beyond no-selling Spider-Man and fighting Wakanda.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29e28gm.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/153/avx9preview12.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

curryman
What do you know, it only happened 8 years after he mentioned how hard Morlun hit smile

SamZED
Not the first time he's been hit like that...

dmills
What do you know, it only happened 8 years after he mentioned how hard Morlun hit smile

Nice try.

Parmaniac
What do you know, it only happened 8 years after he mentioned how hard Morlun hit smile And he's not mentioning that he was never hit like that before or is comparing it to Hulk or Thor smile

dmills
laughing out loud

curryman
And he handled that punch real well didn't he?

Now imagine if that had been Thor or Hulk.

Imagine if they had been doing more than casually swatting him away.

SamZED
He got up, then took several more hits... And got up again. They weren't swatting him away, they were beating the crap out of him, Piotr actually crushed his spine. Then punched him several times while Pete was on the ground, so did Magik. He got up. Thor, Hulk, classic Juggs.. He's taken hits from all of them.

Sin I AM
He got up, then took several more hits... And got up again. They weren't swatting him away, they were beating the crap out of him, Piotr actually crushed his spine. Then punched him several times while Pete was on the ground, so did Magik. He got up. Thor, Hulk, classic Juggs.. He's taken hits from all of them.

he was getting killed though...and they werent really tryin erm

dmills
And he handled that punch real well didn't he?

Now imagine if that had been Thor or Hulk.

Imagine if they had been doing more than casually swatting him away.

Now you're moving the goal posts.

Tony Stark
All I know is, Colossus would last longer than Thing.

no expression

Mmmmmmmmmm No

Colossus-Big C
Colossus is more durable than thing, fact.

He survive a blast that Killed Thing

Not only that but unlike Thing who has human organs under his rock skin, colossus is total Osmuim. Even his blood is liquid metal

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Colossus is more durable than thing, fact.

Which blast was that...?

Bentley

And yet Thing is... Alive.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Bentley
And yet Thing is... Alive.

Also the vastly superior character. thumb up

SamZED
he was getting killed though...and they werent really tryin erm Not the point, not like I was arguing that he was killing them, we're talking about damage soak and Magik wasn't holding back, Colossus was but wasn't exactly pulling his punches. Pete's taken a class 100+ beating and got back up. That's my point.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
And yet Thing is... Alive. Or is that just what he wants you to think?

curryman
Originally posted by dmills
Now you're moving the goal posts.

Am I?

We were talking about the statement Spidey made about Morlun's strength around 2001-2002. About him maybe hitting harder than Hulk-Thor.

I claimed that Spidey wasn't in any real position to accurately gauge Hulk/Thor's strength. Why? Because he hadn't taken a straight hit from either of them. I claimed that while he had taken hits from class 100s, I did not think he had taken many straight hits from people in Thor and Hulk's class.

Someone posts a very recent scan of a mind-control Colossus casually annihilating Spidey, while a great feat I'm sure, doesn't really counter the claim I made... It would have to be a straight blow from Thor or an enraged Hulk.

Sin I AM
Not the point, not like I was arguing that he was killing them, we're talking about damage soak and Magik wasn't holding back, Colossus was but wasn't exactly pulling his punches. Pete's taken a class 100+ beating and got back up. That's my point.

spiderman has NEVER tanked an enraged/serious full on blow from a class 100 and if he were ever to do that i would immediately stop reading

Estacado
Spider-Man has taken a punch into the ass before that's worse then getting hit by Hulk.

SamZED
spiderman has NEVER tanked an enraged/serious full on blow from a class 100 and if he were ever to do that i would immediately stop reading Who said anything about tanking? He's taken plenty and kept on fighting though.

-Pr-
Colossus is more durable than thing

This is probably the first time I've ever agreed with you.

Maybe there is hope for you after all.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
no expression

Mmmmmmmmmm No

Yep.

Sin I AM
Who said anything about tanking? He's taken plenty and kept on fighting though.

maybe i misinterpreted. but from what im gathering people are putting wayyyy to much stock in that statement he made about morlun. because until morlun appeared nobody that strong and that smart was that serious about killing him. so of course a casual swat or glancing strike from hulk/thor will feel weaker than a full blow from morlun.

SamZED
maybe i misinterpreted. but from what im gathering people are putting wayyyy to much stock in that statement he made about morlun. because until morlun appeared nobody that strong and that smart was that serious about killing him. so of course a casual swat or glancing strike from hulk/thor will feel weaker than a full blow from morlun.

Its not the statement, in my very first post I said Pete tends to exaggerate sometimes (although he usuallysays "this guy is strong, not Hulk strong but close"wink its that Morlun now has the feats to back up that statement. And Pete's been repeatedly punched by classic Juggernaut. I think its safe to say he wasnt exaggerating this time.

Parmaniac

Sin I AM
Its not the statement, in my very first post I said Pete tends to exaggerate sometimes (although he usuallysays "this guy is strong, not Hulk strong but close"wink its that Morlun now has the feats to back up that statement. And Pete's been repeatedly punched by classic Juggernaut. I think its safe to say he wasnt exaggerating this time.

what feats does morlun have that make that statement true

Parmaniac
what feats does morlun have that make that statement true Well usually characters have strength in relation to their durability, take a look at the Wakanda steam roll and you get a picture.

-Pr-
So is there a Morlun respect thread?

Parmaniac
So is there a Morlun respect thread? There aren't many showings he appeared in like 3 arcs I have posted pretty much all main feats in petty much every Morlun thread.

The only thing that I might want to add is as soon as he returns he will have a hell of a feat under belt because the Panther storyline ended with Morlun being BFRed into the realm of death where he was fighting off the endless armies of death.

Note: Death kinda exchanged Panthers soul for Morluns IIRC and after he did that he sensed like countless souls instead of just one but I have to re-read the end.

Sin I AM
Well usually characters have strength in relation to their durability, take a look at the Wakanda steam roll and you get a picture.

no....and until we see that your just guessing

So is there a Morlun respect thread?

no, he hasnt done anything but own spiderman and waltz thru wakanda (t'challa wasnt even there iirc).....hardly anything to place him on the level of thor/hulk...oh and he broke an adaantium net sooo theres that

SamZED
what feats does morlun have that make that statement true Ripping apart an adamantium net. But you knew I was going to say that so im guessing you already prepared some sort of counter argument. I just hope its not lowballing the feat.

Sin I AM
Ripping apart an adamantium net. But you knew I was going to say that so im guessing you already prepared some sort of counter argument. I just hope its not lowballing the feat.

i already said what i had to say about the net. he still doesnt have enough to go on to suggest he stomps the two

SamZED
i already said what i had to say about the net. he still doesnt have enough to go on to suggest he stomps the two Must've missed it. T'challa's presence is irrelevant, not like he was going to make the vibraniumtipped nukes any deadlier. What Wakanda threw at him was 20x what the duo could hope to dish out. And he not only survived it, he no sold it. So yeah, he sure as hell does.

Estacado
I like how Nul Hulk ripping adamantium net amazed everybody....but when Morlun does it, it's not even impressive.......ermm

curryman

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Estacado
I like how Nul Hulk ripping adamantium net amazed everybody....but when Morlun does it, it's not even impressive.......ermm HEZ A SPYDAMAN VILLAIN!!!! IT NOT IMPRESSIVZ

-Pr-
Morlun is going to need more than one feat of strength to set an average. We hold every character to that standard on the boards; no exceptions.

The adamantium net thing is impressive, but he needs more.

Now I have to go read those three arcs.

Estacado
Yeah but people dont go around ripping adamantium.....that is like Thor/Hulk level feat.....ermm

curryman
Morlun is going to need more than one feat of strength to set an average. We hold every character to that standard on the boards; no exceptions.

Now I have to go read those three arcs.

First one is great, second one is okay and the third one is garbage smile

Parmaniac

Now I have to go read those three arcs. That's the thing I even said that more than once in Morlun threads, he never really has shown actual limits he was never actually bested in battle. He was taken out by a prep plot device, by a PIS plot device and by BFR.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Estacado
Yeah but people dont go around ripping adamantium.....that is like Thor/Hulk level feat.....ermm Honestly I don't see Thor walking through Wakanda like Morlun did, I'm not saying Morlun > Thor but I just don't see that happening, at least not like this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>