300 Achilles vs Battle of Thermopylae

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Exactly what it says on the tin. Achilles and his clones take on the same situation as Leonidas and his 300 Spartans. How long do they last against the Persians?

Supra
One of those arrows is bound to hit his heel.

KO Achilles

red sabre
the army of achilleses destroy the entire persian empire without much time wasted.

red sabre
Originally posted by Supra
One of those arrows is bound to hit his heel.

KO Achilles

no. achilles got hit by paris because he wasnt in the battle, he was shot from behind and he wasnt even focused, when achilles is in a battle almost nothing can touch him, as achilles was conquering the beach we saw how archers shot arrows at him with no use, at 1 point an archer even was trying to shoot an arrow to his leg and achilles defended, when he is in battle and focused with his shield its impossible to hit him with arrows.

an army of 300 achilleses is a slaughter to any empire, this guy was a demi god.

Supra
Originally posted by red sabre
the army of achilleses destroy the entire persian empire without much time wasted.

So 300 Myrmidons and Achilles take out the entire army when the spartans could not?

Supra
no. achilles got hit by paris because he wasnt in the battle, he was shot from behind and he wasnt even focused, when achilles is in a battle almost nothing can touch him, as achilles was conquering the beach we saw how archers shot arrows at him with no use, at 1 point an archer even was trying to shoot an arrow to his leg and achilles defended, when he is in battle and focused with his shield its impossible to hit him with arrows.

an army of 300 achilleses is a slaughter to any empire, this guy was a demi god.

I miss read OP about having 300 clones. Yes him and his clones would win. You know a lot about this guy! Respect to you! I love mythology.

red sabre
So 300 Myrmidons and Achilles take out the entire army when the spartans could not?

wait a second, i thought its 300 achilleses vs the army, if its achilled and his 300 Myrmidons then not, i think this thread means 300 achilles.

red sabre
I miss read OP about having 300 clones. Yes him and his clones would win. You know a lot about this guy! Respect to you! I love mythology.

thanks man, i love mythology too i grew up on greek mythology smile

Supra
thanks man, i love mythology too i grew up on greek mythology smile

Clash of the Titans from my younger years was the end all be all! That an Excalibur.

red sabre
Clash of the Titans from my younger years was the end all be all! That an Excalibur.

yeah i remember that, i grew up on hercules but my favorite is achilles.

Supra
yeah i remember that, i grew up on hercules but my favorite is achilles.

Hercules mythology or the TV series?

red sabre
Hercules mythology or the TV series?

started with the tv series and then learned the mythology itself.
i kinda felt bad when in god of war 3 kratos was smashing hercules face in, i mean thats freakin hercules how can they disrespect him that way.

Supra
started with the tv series and then learned the mythology itself.
i kinda felt bad when in god of war 3 kratos was smashing hercules face in, i mean thats freakin hercules how can they disrespect him that way.

Ahh damn I didnt see that that's BS and spite if they did that. I like the series part only the relationship btw Zeus and Hecules and my favorite episode was when Zeus made him a God for the day.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Exactly what it says on the tin. Achilles and his clones take on the same situation as Leonidas and his 300 Spartans. How long do they last against the Persians?

Once they get surrounded, they die.

red sabre
Originally posted by Robtard

no they dont, 300 achilleses is too much for the persian empire, the speed, skills, strength, tactics of achilles are flawless, 300 of those is more than the persian army can handle.

achilles alone while stepping into the beach was able to block and avoid all arrows shot at him, 300 achilleses will form perfect shield walls and avoid everything throws at them while butchering the persian army.

achilles alone at the beach fight was able to easily defeat 30 trojan soldiers comming at him from all directions and even defeat 3 people attacking him at the same time, no spartan ever came any where near close to those skills as we see in the movies.

if thats what 1 achilles can do 300 achilles are a nightmare for any army to fight.

Robtard
no they dont, 300 achilleses is too much for the persian empire, the speed, skills, strength, tactics of achilles are flawless, 300 of those is more than the persian army can handle.

achilles alone while stepping into the beach was able to block and avoid all arrows shot at him, 300 achilleses will form perfect shield walls and avoid everything throws at them while butchering the persian army.

achilles alone at the beach fight was able to easily defeat 30 trojan soldiers comming at him from all directions and even defeat 3 people attacking him at the same time, no spartan ever came any where near close to those skills as we see in the movies.

if thats what 1 achilles can do 300 achilles are a nightmare for any army to fight.

He's one of the best warrior types in the MVF, but stop wanking Achilles smile

He and his clones get surrounded, they die just the same to vastly superior numbers.

red sabre
He's one of the best warrior types in the MVF, but stop wanking Achilles smile

He and his clones get surrounded, they die just the same to vastly superior numbers.

at this point you are just being a troll with a purpose to hate because you got smacked in the achilles vs leonidas thread.

as i explained achilles alone is an almost untouchable beast, it takes extra ordinary skills to just touch him finally let alone beat him and this is 300 achilles likes.

if the spartans who cant even compare to achilles were giving the persian army trouble, the achilles unit will destroy the persian army and no need for that neckbottle strategy either.

300 achilleses conquer the entire persia.

Robtard
at this point you are just being a troll with a purpose to hate because you got smacked in the achilles vs leonidas thread.

as i explained achilles alone is an almost untouchable beast, it takes extra ordinary skills to just touch him finally let alone beat him and this is 300 achilles likes.

if the spartans who cant even compare to achilles were giving the persian army trouble, the achilles unit will destroy the persian army and no need for that neckbottle strategy either.

300 achilleses conquer the entire persia.

That first line sounds like you are upset cos the video clips > what you want to believe in that other thread.

And as I explained, once they get surrounded, they fall to vastly superior numbers.

All of Persia now? Stop wanking Achilles, okay smile

red sabre
That first line sounds like you are upset cos the video clips > what you want to believe in that other thread.

And as I explained, once they get surrounded, they fall to vastly superior numbers.

All of Persia now? Stop wanking Achilles, okay smile

the persian army, all of persia IS the army, once the army is defeated the land is conquered.

you think 300 achilleses will fall and i think the other way around i think its fair enough.

just look at the way achilles fought he fights flawlessly, the way he defend, deflect, attack, move... he makes units look like fools and thats only 1 achilles, now make it 300 achilleses? can you imagine how fast and perfectly they will be able to form all the greek tactics? the shield? the spear tactics? 300 of those are insane, the persian army mostly is just untrained barbarians they cant stand to 300 achilleses Lol.

juggerman

Great answer! thumb up

But sadly this is true. sad

300 Achilles would not dodge the arrows that blot out the sun from all angles

Supra
Originally posted by juggerman

300 Achilles would not dodge the arrows that blot out the sun from all angles

Why not the spartans did? Achilles is one of the strogest demi gods ever to fight in the illiad.

Newjak
Achilles did get touched in the movie by Hector who managed to land a cut across his armor something that obviously took Achilles by surprise.

What I'm saying is that achilles was good but he wasn't unbeatable.

You also need to look at his fights.

He fought on the beach against Trojans who had not yet fully prepared their defenses even the city guard were not fully ready.

In terms of choreography and look there were quite a few times were some of the Spartans pulled off Achilles like feats. Obviously Achilles was better than any of them but what I'm saying is that odds are what happened to the Spartans will probably happen to the Achilles as well. It may take longer cause Achilles was a beast but the 300 Achilles should still fall.

FrothByte

The only reason the 300 spartans got surrounded was because a traitor showed them the hidden goat pass. There's very little probability of that happening here because 300 Achilleses are not spartans and don't wear spartan colors, meaning that humpback traitor (forgot his name) won't come down and claim he wants to be a true spartan and fight and thus he won't get spurned (which would be a good thing since Achilles will probably throw him out twice faster than Leonidas did).

In the end, there won't be a traitor, the goat pass will never be found, and the 300 Achilleses will never be surrounded.

juggerman
Why not the spartans did? Achilles is one of the strogest demi gods ever to fight in the illiad.

They did not. They only defended when the arrows were coming from one direction. When they were surrounded the fell

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
The only reason the 300 spartans got surrounded was because a traitor showed them the hidden goat pass. There's very little probability of that happening here because 300 Achilleses are not spartans and don't wear spartan colors, meaning that humpback traitor (forgot his name) won't come down and claim he wants to be a true spartan and fight and thus he won't get spurned (which would be a good thing since Achilles will probably throw him out twice faster than Leonidas did).

In the end, there won't be a traitor, the goat pass will never be found, and the 300 Achilleses will never be surrounded.

Quasimodo

Also there is no guarantee the path would not be found. If it is then they lose. If it is not they might rip thru his entire army. Tho with using the phalanx they might still lose

Robtard

Stop wanking Achilles. The film did away with the mythological aspects mostly. He was basically just a man in the film, though a stupidly good warrior with unrivaled battle-awareness.

FrothByte
Quasimodo

Also there is no guarantee the path would not be found. If it is then they lose. If it is not they might rip thru his entire army. Tho with using the phalanx they might still lose

Well the persian army fought the spartans for what, 3 days? And still they didn't find the hidden goat pass. Of course it is probable that they might stumble upon it, and in that case the Achilles army is done for. I doubt it though, since the persians seemed more used to simply overpowering an enemy instead of trying to use brains against it.

Now if they do NOT find that pass, I guess it will depend on how good Achilles's stamina is. The persian army can't beat him as long as he stays within the general area of the pass (like the spartans did) and the only question is will he have enough stamina to go through the entire persian army? Or does his arrogance get the better of him and he charges straight into the persian army and leave the confines of the pass?

juggerman
Well the persian army fought the spartans for what, 3 days? And still they didn't find the hidden goat pass. Of course it is probable that they might stumble upon it, and in that case the Achilles army is done for. I doubt it though, since the persians seemed more used to simply overpowering an enemy instead of trying to use brains against it.

Now if they do NOT find that pass, I guess it will depend on how good Achilles's stamina is. The persian army can't beat him as long as he stays within the general area of the pass (like the spartans did) and the only question is will he have enough stamina to go through the entire persian army? Or does his arrogance get the better of him and he charges straight into the persian army and leave the confines of the pass?

The only reason the 300 lasted is due to the phalanx. Achilles and the clones would likely suffer heavier losses imo

FrothByte
The only reason the 300 lasted is due to the phalanx. Achilles and the clones would likely suffer heavier losses imo

Nah if we're talking movie versions, the 300 only used their phalanx properly for like the 1st day. Most of the time they were individually going matrix all over the place. But even if it was the phalanx, the myrmidons showed they can use a turtle-like maneuver that looks like a modified phalanx. Achilles is also a military strategist (wasn't he the best military commander under Agamemnon?) so he should be familiar with what formations to use in such an encounter.

juggerman
Nah if we're talking movie versions, the 300 only used their phalanx properly for like the 1st day. Most of the time they were individually going matrix all over the place. But even if it was the phalanx, the myrmidons showed they can use a turtle-like maneuver that looks like a modified phalanx. Achilles is also a military strategist so he should be familiar with what formations to use in such an encounter.

Yes good point. Guess they rip thru the entire army then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.