Avengers Hulk vs. Hulk vs. The incredible Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Which hulk do you think has the best feats and the strongest of them all and most adept with his powers.

Lestov16
It either comes down to Ang Lee Hulk and his tank toss, or Ruffalo Hulk and his Leviathan punch. Both have massive damage soak as well, with Bana tanking a mini-nuke, and Hulk tanking the Chitauri Armada's blasts.

Supra
Originally posted by Lestov16
It either comes down to Ang Lee Hulk and his tank toss, or Ruffalo Hulk and his Leviathan punch. Both have massive damage soak as well, with Bana tanking a mini-nuke, and Hulk tanking the Chitauri Armada's blasts.

So all pretty equal in strength and power and feats? That tank toss and tank hammer he used was sick.

Also what about the abomination fight in the Incredible Hulk? That was a pretty impressive feat.

Lestov16
Norton Hulk hasn't tanked near the damage or displayed near the strength as Ruffalo or Bana

KingD19
Norton Hulk was clearly the most "human" of them all. His feats were a lot smaller. Even his jumps were modest in comparison to the other two. He was more of a parkour guy than a guy who just hops across deserts and cities.

Insomniatric
Avengers Hulk was by far the most powerful IMO, and without a doubt the strongest (nearly destroyed that giant worm thing with one huge punch, and then held it up in the air).

He also knocked Thor several feet with a bro-fist, no small task.

Ang Lee Hulk can run much faster, I think his top speed was 300 mph. That's about the only advantage I can think of... I mean he was having trouble fighting off a mutant poodle for God's sake.

I think a really competitive fight would be Ultimate Destruction Hulk (video game) vs Avengers Hulk. I think I'd pick UD Hulk to win, honestly. Total savage.

Supra
Originally posted by Insomniatric
Avengers Hulk was by far the most powerful IMO, and without a doubt the strongest (nearly destroyed that giant worm thing with one huge punch, and then held it up in the air).

Ang Lee Hulk can run much faster, I think his top speed was 300 mph. That's about the only advantage I can think of... I mean he was having trouble fighting off a mutant poodle for God's sake.

I think a really competitive fight would be Ultimate Destruction Hulk (video game) vs Avengers Hulk. I think I'd pick UD Hulk to win, honestly. Total savage.

Ang Lee's and Avengers Hulk I think are on the same lvl. What do you think? Both can run very fast and jump very far.

KingD19

Well the Leviathan punch was a great feat, but it's own size and halt in it's momentum were what made it flip over. Not to take away from Hulk's accomplishment in that scene.

As for the Gamma Dogs, they attacked him and it was clear that Ang Lee Hulk gets angry/bigger and that increases his strength and durability. Remember he grew so big he snapped one of their jaws just because it was trying to bite him.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by KingD19
Well the Leviathan punch was a great feat, but it's own size and halt in it's momentum were what made it flip over. Not to take away from Hulk's accomplishment in that scene.

As for the Gamma Dogs, they attacked him and it was clear that Ang Lee Hulk gets angry/bigger and that increases his strength and durability. Remember he grew so big he snapped one of their jaws just because it was trying to bite him.

I re-watched the scene (amazing scene btw), and I thought I remembered Hulk lifting the leviathan (just learned what the name of it was btw, lol) up, but I was wrong.

However, the way he literally stopped it in it's tracks was far more impressive than anything Bana did, imo. That thing was massive, and could have easily plowed through a skyscraper.

Originally posted by Supra
Ang Lee's and Avengers Hulk I think are on the same lvl. What do you think? Both can run very fast and jump very far.

Ang Lee's Hulk was much faster, he was literally running circles around the army, and a bonus feature on the DVD said that he could run 300 mph. Not sure how that's going to help him in a fight, I don't know how agile he was (been a long time since I've seen the movie).

This wouldn't really be an easy fight for either of them, seeing as how they'd both just keep getting angrier and continue fighting. I do think Ruffalo would be getting the better of it though, at least until Bana grows so large that he can just step on Ruffalo. Ruffalo seemed to be stronger and more powerful, but he also seemed to be the more skilled fighter. You have to remember, Ruffalo was fighting off Loki's army, while Bana just had to deal with the regular ol' US army for the most part.

And I could be wrong about this, but wasn't Ruffalo's Hulk being controlled by Banner in the New York scene? I know he willingly transformed into the Hulk, but I'm not quite sure if he was actually in control of Hulk's actions. That could be a big advantage... intelligence and power is a dangerous combination.

KingD19
Actually a Leviathan did plow through a building at one point.

Insomniatric
Lol, yeah I thought I remembered that. I didn't want to say for sure that it did and be wrong and make myself look stupid, lol.

Supra
I re-watched the scene (amazing scene btw), and I thought I remembered Hulk lifting the leviathan (just learned what the name of it was btw, lol) up, but I was wrong.

However, the way he literally stopped it in it's tracks was far more impressive than anything Bana did, imo. That thing was massive, and could have easily plowed through a skyscraper.

Ang Lee's Hulk was much faster, he was literally running circles around the army, and a bonus feature on the DVD said that he could run 300 mph. Not sure how that's going to help him in a fight, I don't know how agile he was (been a long time since I've seen the movie).

This wouldn't really be an easy fight for either of them, seeing as how they'd both just keep getting angrier and continue fighting. I do think Ruffalo would be getting the better of it though, at least until Bana grows so large that he can just step on Ruffalo. Ruffalo seemed to be stronger and more powerful, but he also seemed to be the more skilled fighter. You have to remember, Ruffalo was fighting off Loki's army, while Bana just had to deal with the regular ol' US army for the most part.

And I could be wrong about this, but wasn't Ruffalo's Hulk being controlled by Banner in the New York scene? I know he willingly transformed into the Hulk, but I'm not quite sure if he was actually in control of Hulk's actions. That could be a big advantage... intelligence and power is a dangerous combination.

Banner was defiantly in control, transforming on will and taking orders from Captain America. Banner or Norton hulk where only semi controlled through Betty to bring him back to a calm state.

Also Banner Hulk fought his gamma mutated father in the end and survived the gamma nuke. So hes got some serious durability.

The only thing Norton hulk did feat wise imo was KO the abomination. Not an easy feat but he did it.

KingD19
He also fell from some 20,000+ feet and was okay. And he raged around on the ground as Hulk before turning back to Banner.

Supra
He also fell from some 20,000+ feet and was okay. And he raged around on the ground as Hulk before turning back to Banner.

You talking about nortan hulk right?

KingD19
Oh. My mistake. I read Ruffalo Hulk. I have no idea why.

Supra
Ok so who fell from 20k feet? Norton right?

KingD19
No. Ruffalo. When he fought Thor and fell from the Hellicarrier.

Supra
No. Ruffalo. When he fought Thor and fell from the Hellicarrier.

Oh yea, I was confused I remember Norton falling from that chopper and going straight into the ass fault.

Lestov16
Don't forget about Bana, who got taken into the upper atmosphere by the F-35 pilot and dropped, and still survived.

DARTH POWER
Bana Hulk was the fastest and could leap the furthest. He also has the greatest strength feats.

But Ruffalo Hulk has shown the most powerful punches.

If I had to choose I'd say Bana simply because we flat out see him get bigger and stronger through a fight, and we saw his Wolverine level healing factor in action.

NemeBro
Ruffalo Hulk, easily.

No other feat even begins to rival punching the Leviathan.

FrothByte
What people seem to forget is that Ruffalo's Hulk has never killed a leviathan on his own. Yes he punched the first one and stopped it in his tracks, but IM then launched a missile into it that made it explode (which IMO was what really killed it). Later on he also needed help from Thor to kill another one. His "bro fist" punching of Thor isn't exactly an impressive feat, considering that Thor wasn't prepared for that and we see Norton's Hulk (the weakest hulk) able to throw around a forklift, then Thor shouldn't be too hard to toss or punch aside.

Another thing is that Ruffalo's Hulk was getting pummeled by multiple chitauri ships and actually started to bleed. Looked like he was in big trouble and couldn't get himself out of it. Ang Lee's Hulk was never in any trouble it couldn't handle, tanked that colossal bomb-like explosion from Absorbing man near the end.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by FrothByte
What people seem to forget is that Ruffalo's Hulk has never killed a leviathan on his own. Yes he punched the first one and stopped it in his tracks, but IM then launched a missile into it that made it explode (which IMO was what really killed it).

That's true, but I'm sure he would have had no problem killing it single-handedly. He disabled it with one punch, and I doubt Iron Man's missles are more damaging than Hulk's most powerful punches.

FrothByte
That's true, but I'm sure he would have had no problem killing it single-handedly. He disabled it with one punch, and I doubt Iron Man's missles are more damaging than Hulk's most powerful punches.

Well Hulk's punch stopped the Leviathan, but it was IM's missile that made it explode.

That said, none of IM's arsenal could penetrate the leviathan's armor (the missile only worked because Hulk's punch opened up the leviathan's armor) whereas Hulk had no problem getting a piece of metal and jamming it into the leviathan's neck through the armor.

Still when I think about it, the Avenger's Hulk was a bit more down-to-earth than Ang Lee Hulk, though not much so as Norton Hulk.

the ninjak
Ang Lee's Hulk- Better speed/ agility. Adaptable body based on threat.

Avengers Hulk- Leviathan feat. Took damage from Chitauri barrage fire and couldn't move.

Incredible Hulk- Actually took on a threat on equal ground who actually wanted to kill him. His anger levels and better intelligence flowed together and resulted in him defeating the Abomination.

It's a pretty well rounded fight.

Whilst people can argue that Avengers Hulk punched the Leviathan.
The others showed more promise in adapting to any situation.

If Avengers Hulk and Lee's grasped hands in a struggle, Lee's Hulk showed he can simple adapt and simply get stronger.
Incredible Hulk is no doubt smarter and uses his environment and creative use of his power to take his opponents down.

I actually see Ang Lee's Hulk winning this eventually.

DARTH POWER
Norton Hulk and Ruffalo Hulk are actually from the same continuity. I.e. They're actually the same Hulk but from a different point in time.

the ninjak
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Norton Hulk and Ruffalo Hulk are actually from the same continuity. I.e. They're actually the same Hulk but from a different point in time.

One could argue that all three Hulks exist in the same continuity.

The Hulk has always been character who takes multiple forms.

In the end these 3 versions are fighting each other.

And although the Avengers Hulk can hit pretty hard I believe Ang Lee's version can get into a grappling match with him. And adapt to his strength.

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ang Lee's Hulk- Better speed/ agility. Adaptable body based on threat.

Avengers Hulk- Leviathan feat. Took damage from Chitauri barrage fire and couldn't move.

Incredible Hulk- Actually took on a threat on equal ground who actually wanted to kill him. His anger levels and better intelligence flowed together and resulted in him defeating the Abomination.

It's a pretty well rounded fight.

Whilst people can argue that Avengers Hulk punched the Leviathan.
The others showed more promise in adapting to any situation.

If Avengers Hulk and Lee's grasped hands in a struggle, Lee's Hulk showed he can simple adapt and simply get stronger.
Incredible Hulk is no doubt smarter and uses his environment and creative use of his power to take his opponents down.

I actually see Ang Lee's Hulk winning this eventually.

Avenger's Hulk was bleeding and groggy after the chitauri barrage. Ang Lee hulk can grow to 20 feet tall, and when strength is relatively equal then size anass is a huge advantage. Ang Lee hulk was also able to make his shoulder muscles grow in size enough to injure the jaw of the hulk-dog biting into him. This leaves mo to conclude that Ang Lee hulk has an easier time escalating in size and strength than the other two.

Out of all three, i think Norton hulk was actually the smartest as he showed he was capable of converting surrounding stuff into weapons

Robtard
Ang Hulk showed the most battle cunning, imo

-Biting the warhead off the missile and using it as a spit-ball to take out the Apache gunship

-Bending the tank's turret to it aimed back at the tank, though that was more a of "lol, what now" than tactical

-Using his gamma-rage to overload his father's energy-draining powers

NemeBro
No one gives a **** about your speculation (Not to you Robtard).

Avenger Hulk has the best strength feats, by far. So he is stronger.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
No one gives a **** about your speculation (Not to you Robtard).

Avenger Hulk has the best strength feats, by far. So he is stronger.

Avenger Hulk punching the leviathan is about as impressive as Ang Lee hulk throwing that tank for miles.

Besides if it's a fight we're talking about then speed, agility, skill, and combat smarts all matter just as much as strength... in which case Ang Lee Hulk is still at an advantage.

NemeBro
No it isn't.

And he didn't throw it for miles.

juggerman

I don't think he raged on after impact. Been a while but i thought he woke up and was laying in the hole he created when he fell.

I would say Ang Lee's Hulk would overwhelm the other Hulk(s).

DARTH POWER
One could argue that all three Hulks exist in the same continuity.
The Hulk has always been character who takes multiple forms.

Ang Lee's was a different continuity.

But yeah true about how Hulk's always taken on different forms. And each form usually has a distinct power set.

And although the Avengers Hulk can hit pretty hard I believe Ang Lee's version can get into a grappling match with him. And adapt to his strength.

Yep.

Not only has Ang Lee's Hulk already shown beastly strength (tossing tanks like toys), durability (taking a nuke and showing instantaneous healing abilities), speed (catching and chasing rockets), agility (pretty much flying for miles into the sky)..

But on top of all that even IF Ruffalo Hulk still has the superior striking power/base strength (quite likely), it won't matter too much given how quickly Lee's Hulk adapts and grows bigger and stronger.

Robtard
I used to think the "tanked a nuke" too, but that simply isn't so. Wasn't a nuke; didn't show any real destructive capabilities besides unleashing a massive gamma burst. He's still extremely durable though.

-Free fall from about 10 miles up into the beautiful San Francisco bay

-Having tons and tons of rock come crashing down on him

-Taking an armor piercing tank spike to the chest

He's also the only Hulk to clearly show a healing factor.

Supra
Originally posted by Robtard
Ang Hulk showed the most battle cunning, imo

-Biting the warhead off the missile and using it as a spit-ball to take out the Apache gunship

-Bending the tank's turret to it aimed back at the tank, though that was more a of "lol, what now" than tactical

-Using his gamma-rage to overload his father's energy-draining powers

Lets also add throwing a tank miles in the air after it shot hulk, Using a tank as a hammer

FIghting off and killing 3 gamma dogs, surviving the gamma nuke.

Supra
I used to think the "tanked a nuke" too, but that simply isn't so. Wasn't a nuke; didn't show any real destructive capabilities besides unleashing a massive gamma burst. He's still extremely durable though.

-Free fall from about 10 miles up into the beautiful San Francisco bay

-Having tons and tons of rock come crashing down on him

-Taking an armor piercing tank spike to the chest

Yup you read my mind!

FrothByte

But on top of all that even IF Ruffalo Hulk still has the superior striking power/base strength (quite likely), it won't matter too much given how quickly Lee's Hulk adapts and grows bigger and stronger.

A fight is never just won by just superior strength/striking power. Thor gave Avengers Hulk quite some trouble by being just faster and more skilled.

Imagine Ang Lee Hulk, bigger than Avengers Hulk, has the option to get stronger (if he isn't already stronger than Avenger's Hulk), is bigger and heavier PLUS he's faster, more agile, and showed better combat smarts. All in all, the only thing Avenger's Hulk has in it's corner is strength, and that's arguable. Everything else is in Ang Lee Hulk's advantage.

DARTH POWER

Well it was clearly a powerful detonation to which Ross told Betty that there's no way he could have survived that.

I won't rule out the other 2 having healing factors. But like you've pointed out that since Lee's Hulk is the only one who has clearly shown that ability I will assume his is at the very least the most powerful/efficient healing factor of all the Hulks.

On the other hand since we never saw Ruffalo Hulk cut, I will assume he has the toughest skin of all the Hulks.

FrothByte

On the other hand since we never saw Ruffalo Hulk cut, I will assume he has the toughest skin of all the Hulks.

He was bleeding through his nose after he was hit by that barrage of Chitauri ships. I couldn't see any external wounds though.

the ninjak
Yep.

Not only has Ang Lee's Hulk already shown beastly strength (tossing tanks like toys), durability (taking a nuke and showing instantaneous healing abilities), speed (catching and chasing rockets), agility (pretty much flying for miles into the sky)..

Agreed. This was my original idea of how Lee's Hulk will win this fight eventually.

Avengers Hulk will get some good blows in that stagger or launch Lee's Hulk back. But he will just heal the damage.
Once they wrestle each other Ang Lee's Hulk simply adapts and grows strong enough to equal or possibly surpass Whedon's version.

Robtard
Well it was clearly a powerful detonation to which Ross told Betty that there's no way he could have survived that.

I won't rule out the other 2 having healing factors. But like you've pointed out that since Lee's Hulk is the only one who has clearly shown that ability I will assume his is at the very least the most powerful/efficient healing factor of all the Hulks.

It was a gigantic green cloud-bubble. But if you notice the next day as the camera pans over the clam lake, all is normal, the trees by the lake were fine, nothing looked disturbed. Leads me to believe it was just gamma radiation.

Ang's just got a cut on the trapezius after he jumped away from a carpet bombing (which is another battle-cunning feat of his)

Norton's Hulk (which is supposed to be the same as Avengers) didn't really heal much, he just stopped bleeding quickly from his wounds.

Avenger's only suffered a nose bleed after the Chitauri bombardment.

Zack Fair
Ang Lee Hulk.

Simply because his rage amp and healing worked faster than Ruffalo Huk's.

quanchi112
Avengers Hulk.

the ninjak
Originally posted by quanchi112
Avengers Hulk.

Ang Lee's Hulk.

FrothByte
Should we take a vote? Ang Lee's Hulk.

Insomniatric
Well Hulk's punch stopped the Leviathan, but it was IM's missile that made it explode.

That said, none of IM's arsenal could penetrate the leviathan's armor (the missile only worked because Hulk's punch opened up the leviathan's armor) whereas Hulk had no problem getting a piece of metal and jamming it into the leviathan's neck through the armor.

Still when I think about it, the Avenger's Hulk was a bit more down-to-earth than Ang Lee Hulk, though not much so as Norton Hulk.

I still think that the only big advantage Ang Lee's hulk has is pure speed... running speed. Ruffalo seemed to be much quicker with his punches and he is far more skilled and experienced in H2H combat.

The heaviest thing Ang Lee's hulk lifted was a tank which was noticeably difficult for him to lift. Ruffalo didn't really "lift" the leviathan, but he didn't seem to have too much of a problem holding it in the air for Iron Man to blast. The leviathan clearly weighed far more than the tank that Ang Lee's hulk threw. Ruffalo would have tossed the tank like a beach ball.

When it comes to actual skill in hand-to-hand combat, Ang Lee's hulk has very little. Even Norton's hulk fought and defeated an enemy that could hit back. Ang Lee's hulk didn't, unless you count the gamma dogs (which had nothing on the Abomination or Thor).

FrothByte
I still think that the only big advantage Ang Lee's hulk has is pure speed... running speed. Ruffalo seemed to be much quicker with his punches and he is far more skilled and experienced in H2H combat.

The heaviest thing Ang Lee's hulk lifted was a tank which was noticeably difficult for him to lift. Ruffalo didn't really "lift" the leviathan, but he didn't seem to have too much of a problem holding it in the air for Iron Man to blast. The leviathan clearly weighed far more than the tank that Ang Lee's hulk threw. Ruffalo would have tossed the tank like a beach ball.

When it comes to actual skill in hand-to-hand combat, Ang Lee's hulk has very little. Even Norton's hulk fought and defeated an enemy that could hit back. Ang Lee's hulk didn't, unless you count the gamma dogs (which had nothing on the Abomination or Thor).

I don't know where you're getting that Ruffalo Hulk is a better H2H fighter. Thor easily evaded all his hits and schooled him in the art of fighting. He only got the best of Thor via pure strength and durability. Ang Lee's Hulk at least showed he was capable of complicated maneuvers while battling the dogs and the army. All Ruffalo Hulk did was jump around and smash stuff. Norton Hulk was the best H2h fighter though.

As for the leviathan feat, it's easier to generate power in a punch than to lift something. For example, heavyweight boxers have the strongest punches but that doesn't mean that they can lift heavier than strongmen. So Ruffalo punching the leviathan doesn't mean that he can out muscle Ang Lee Hulk.

If Hulk gets stronger and bigger as he gets angrier, and Ang Lee Hulk can manage to reach a 20 ft height then that pretty much shows he has more room to get stronger.

In any case, they should be pretty much close to strength so it wouldn't matter much. The better speed of Ang Lee Hulk though is a big advantage. Speed usually wins a fight more often than strength.

Insomniatric
I don't know where you're getting that Ruffalo Hulk is a better H2H fighter. Thor easily evaded all his hits and schooled him in the art of fighting. He only got the best of Thor via pure strength and durability. Ang Lee's Hulk at least showed he was capable of complicated maneuvers while battling the dogs and the army. All Ruffalo Hulk did was jump around and smash stuff. Norton Hulk was the best H2h fighter though.

As for the leviathan feat, it's easier to generate power in a punch than to lift something. For example, heavyweight boxers have the strongest punches but that doesn't mean that they can lift heavier than strongmen. So Ruffalo punching the leviathan doesn't mean that he can out muscle Ang Lee Hulk.

If Hulk gets stronger and bigger as he gets angrier, and Ang Lee Hulk can manage to reach a 20 ft height then that pretty much shows he has more room to get stronger.

In any case, they should be pretty much close to strength so it wouldn't matter much. The better speed of Ang Lee Hulk though is a big advantage. Speed usually wins a fight more often than strength.

Thor was struggling with him on the carrier, and that was when he was less powerful and more sloppy. If Thor fought him when Banner had control, he would have been pounded into the pavement.

Thor went shot-for-shot with Loki at one point, whereas Hulk just slammed Loki repeatedly and walked away like a boss.

The leviathan punch wasn't just an ordinary, textbook, quick punch. After he landed it, he pressed into it to stop the leviathan's momentum, that's an incredible feat of strength. If he had just thrown a haymaker, it wouldn't have stopped advancing. It was the punch that put the huge dent in the front of it, but it was the Hulk's strength that stopped it in it's tracks.

pblwFSD08ZY

Ruffalo showed much more skill than Ang Lee's hulk did. It would take ridiculously good timing and aim for him to leap directly towards enemies and grab them the way he was doing in New York, he was even smashing them in mid-air when they were flying past him. That's INSANE timing.

No version of the hulk is overly-skilled when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, but when you're the freaking hulk, pure skill doesn't matter much most of the time. That said, I do think Ruffalo's hulk showed the best timing, precision, and power of any movie hulk.

Ang Lee's hulk was undoubtedly the fastest runner, but he didn't seem to have very quick punches and he didn't show nearly as much when it came to physical strength. Speed doesn't necessarily matter more than strength in a fight, the thing that ultimately matters most is how you can use your advantages.

For example, Stefan Struve (mma fighter) is the tallest fighter in the UFC and has an 84 inch reach. You'd think that he would be able to use a good jab to keep his opponents at distance so he can land some shots, right? Nope. He doesn't know how to use those advantages, so this kind of thing tends to happen to him when he fights a shorter fighter who pushes forward:

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/Elkisland/StruveNelson.gif
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/03/markhuntko.gif

Ruffalo is IMO the best at using his physical assets (since Banner is able to actually control he hulk), so I think he'd be getting the better of the fight.

FrothByte
Thor was struggling with him on the carrier, and that was when he was less powerful and more sloppy. If Thor fought him when Banner had control, he would have been pounded into the pavement.

Thor went shot-for-shot with Loki at one point, whereas Hulk just slammed Loki repeatedly and walked away like a boss.

The leviathan punch wasn't just an ordinary, textbook, quick punch. After he landed it, he pressed into it to stop the leviathan's momentum, that's an incredible feat of strength. If he had just thrown a haymaker, it wouldn't have stopped advancing. It was the punch that put the huge dent in the front of it, but it was the Hulk's strength that stopped it in it's tracks.

pblwFSD08ZY

Ruffalo showed much more skill than Ang Lee's hulk did. It would take ridiculously good timing and aim for him to leap directly towards enemies and grab them the way he was doing in New York, he was even smashing them in mid-air when they were flying past him. That's INSANE timing.

No version of the hulk is overly-skilled when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, but when you're the freaking hulk, pure skill doesn't matter much most of the time. That said, I do think Ruffalo's hulk showed the best timing, precision, and power of any movie hulk.

Ang Lee's hulk was undoubtedly the fastest runner, but he didn't seem to have very quick punches and he didn't show nearly as much when it came to physical strength. Speed doesn't necessarily matter more than strength in a fight, the thing that ultimately matters most is how you can use your advantages.

For example, Stefan Struve (mma fighter) is the tallest fighter in the UFC and has an 84 inch reach. You'd think that he would be able to use a good jab to keep his opponents at distance so he can land some shots, right? Nope. He doesn't know how to use those advantages, so this kind of thing tends to happen to him when he fights a shorter fighter who pushes forward:

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/Elkisland/StruveNelson.gif
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/03/markhuntko.gif

Ruffalo is IMO the best at using his physical assets (since Banner is able to actually control he hulk), so I think he'd be getting the better of the fight.

Hulk in the hellicarrier was an enraged, out of control Hulk. He was calmer during the New York fight. How can you say that the NY Hulk was stronger than the Hulk in the Hellicarrier? Unless you're claiming that a calmer Hulk is stronger than an enraged Hulk?

When Hulk slammed Loki, that was a cheap shot. Loki wasn't even trying to fight back. Very very different circumstance compared to Loki fully fighting with Thor. Had Loki been trying to fight the Hulk then that fight would have gone different. Probably the same result, but way different fight.

Speed doesn't necessarily win a fight. But when the opponents are very close in strength, speed is a huge advantage. Plus, jumping around and grabbing chitauri who aren't even trying to evade Hulk isn't exactly a showing of agility or speed. If the aliens were actively trying to evade him and he was still catching up to them, that would have been impressive. As it is, he was like swatting flies. Ang Lee hulk on the other hand caught a missile. Now that was a good speed and agility feat. Not to mention he was keeping up with hulk-dogs who have 4 legs each and the agility of an animal.

The single time that Ruffalo Hulk went up against an agile fighter (Thor) he got beat to the punch and was evaded very easily.

Silent Master
Hulk in the hellicarrier was an enraged, out of control Hulk. He was calmer during the New York fight. How can you say that the NY Hulk was stronger than the Hulk in the Hellicarrier? Unless you're claiming that a calmer Hulk is stronger than an enraged Hulk?

When Hulk slammed Loki, that was a cheap shot. Loki wasn't even trying to fight back. Very very different circumstance compared to Loki fully fighting with Thor. Had Loki been trying to fight the Hulk then that fight would have gone different. Probably the same result, but way different fight.

Speed doesn't necessarily win a fight. But when the opponents are very close in strength, speed is a huge advantage. Plus, jumping around and grabbing chitauri who aren't even trying to evade Hulk isn't exactly a showing of agility or speed. If the aliens were actively trying to evade him and he was still catching up to them, that would have been impressive. As it is, he was like swatting flies. Ang Lee hulk on the other hand caught a missile. Now that was a good speed and agility feat. Not to mention he was keeping up with hulk-dogs who have 4 legs each and the agility of an animal.

The single time that Ruffalo Hulk went up against an agile fighter (Thor) he got beat to the punch and was evaded very easily.

His argument is that the Hulk gets weaker with anger.

Robtard
The heaviest thing Ang Lee's hulk lifted was a tank which was noticeably difficult for him to lift.

Nah, he slammed into it, casually flipped it and then grabbed it and generated enough power to toss it up and out (67 tons) in about/under 5 seconds.

He didn't even break a sweat, is what I'm saying.

tkitna
I also thought it was impressive when Ang Lee's Hulk tossed that vault door when he was held captive under ground.

I vote for him.

Insomniatric

I'm saying that the hulk punching the leviathan and halting it's momentum trumps any feat he performed on the helicarrier, that's undeniable. When Banner had control, he performed FAR greater feats than the hulk did on the helicarrier. You can say it's a ****-up by the writers, but that is what happened. And he was also much sloppier on the helicarrier. Further evidence of this is the way that SHIELD agents and Thor alone had an easier time with him than Loki and his entire army.

Hulk slamming Loki wasn't a cheap shot, Loki obviously knew he was no match for the Hulk, seeing as how his initial response to the Hulk coming after him was to turn and run away. Loki pretty much asked for it the way he stopped and started yelling at the hulk, for some reason expecting not to be attacked. He also did NOTHING after the hulk got through with him, just lied there and prayed that it was over.

Ruffalo's hulk performed much greater feats of strength than Ang Lee's hulk (stopping the leviathan and holding it in the air > throwing a tank). And you can't pretend that Ruffalo leaping through the air while catching enemies that are speeding by him (well over 100 mph) doesn't mean anything, that's a display of excellent timing (which is VERY VERY important in a fight). The only time Thor was able to beat hulk was on the helicarrier when he was sloppy, if they had fought when Banner had control... hulk would have mopped the floor with Thor. IIRC it was also implied several times throughout the movie that the Hulk was the most powerful of the avengers. There's a reason why Loki wouldn't hesitate to fight Thor, Captain America, or Iron man, yet tried to run away from the Hulk.

Ang Lee's hulk fighting the dogs wasn't all that impressive to me... Ruffalo's hulk would have torn through them without much of a problem as well.

Insomniatric
Nah, he slammed into it, casually flipped it and then grabbed it and generated enough power to toss it up and out (67 tons) in about/under 5 seconds.

He didn't even break a sweat, is what I'm saying.

8wrNMPRriwc

The fact that he was charging towards it and rammed it certainly assisted him in flipping it over. He also struggled to tear the top of one of the tanks off, and was visibly hurt when he got blasted by one of them.

He then uses the top of that tank as a hammer to beat the other tank, and does less damage to the tank with a weapon than Ruffalo's hulk did to the leviathan... with no weapon.

Also notice how he strains to push the barrel backwards.

Based on these feats, I highly doubt Ang Lee's hulk was capable of anything even close to this:

msRaooooyds

It takes him about 5 seconds to cripple the leviathan (which absolutely dwarfs a tank in size, durability, and firepower).

FrothByte
I'm saying that the hulk punching the leviathan and halting it's momentum trumps any feat he performed on the helicarrier, that's undeniable. When Banner had control, he performed FAR greater feats than the hulk did on the helicarrier. You can say it's a ****-up by the writers, but that is what happened. And he was also much sloppier on the helicarrier. Further evidence of this is the way that SHIELD agents and Thor alone had an easier time with him than Loki and his entire army.

Hulk slamming Loki wasn't a cheap shot, Loki obviously knew he was no match for the Hulk, seeing as how his initial response to the Hulk coming after him was to turn and run away. Loki pretty much asked for it the way he stopped and started yelling at the hulk, for some reason expecting not to be attacked. He also did NOTHING after the hulk got through with him, just lied there and prayed that it was over.

Ruffalo's hulk performed much greater feats of strength than Ang Lee's hulk (stopping the leviathan and holding it in the air > throwing a tank). And you can't pretend that Ruffalo leaping through the air while catching enemies that are speeding by him (well over 100 mph) doesn't mean anything, that's a display of excellent timing (which is VERY VERY important in a fight). The only time Thor was able to beat hulk was on the helicarrier when he was sloppy, if they had fought when Banner had control... hulk would have mopped the floor with Thor. IIRC it was also implied several times throughout the movie that the Hulk was the most powerful of the avengers. There's a reason why Loki wouldn't hesitate to fight Thor, Captain America, or Iron man, yet tried to run away from the Hulk.

Ang Lee's hulk fighting the dogs wasn't all that impressive to me... Ruffalo's hulk would have torn through them without much of a problem as well.

Just because Hulk didn't punch a leviathan in the hellicarrier doesn't mean he was too weak to do it, just that he didn't have the opportunity. You'd be stupid to think that he's stronger in NY simply because he had a better opportunity to showcase strength. Besides, taking on Thor is a way more impressive feat than punching that Leviathan. Thor after all took out 2-3 of those leviathans on his own. That's a fact.

Hulk was never said to be the most powerful of the Avengers, simply the strongest.

Hulk smashing Loki was a cheapshot. That's a fact. It was Loki's fault yes, but still a cheapshot. Loki didn't run away from Hulk. He tried to talk down Hulk. A cheapshot is when you hit someone who isn't prepared for it... just like he did Thor (twice), just like he did Loki. Again, it was Loki's fault that he got cheapshotted, but that doesn't change the fact that it was still a cheapshot.

Ruffalo Hulk never took on any super powered beings other than Thor, and he had a lot of trouble with Thor. Ang Lee Hulk took on 4 super powered beings. 3 hulk dogs and the absorbing man. Ruffalo Hulk can't make the same claim. The chitauri were weak enough that even Black Widow was taking them down in numbers, so Ruffalo Hulk beating them up is no big deal. The leviathans were heavily armored but didn't exactly have too much offensive capabilities, so again - Hulk punching it showed a great deal of strength but not really a great deal of fighting ability.

Robtard

The fact that he was charging towards it and rammed it certainly assisted him in flipping it over. He also struggled to tear the top of one of the tanks off, and was visibly hurt when he got blasted by one of them.

He then uses the top of that tank as a hammer to beat the other tank, and does less damage to the tank with a weapon than Ruffalo's hulk did to the leviathan... with no weapon.

Also notice how he strains to push the barrel backwards.

Based on these feats, I highly doubt Ang Lee's hulk was capable of anything even close to this:

You said "noticeably difficult for him to lift", when it clearly wasn't. He didn't really struggle to tear the turret off, did it in about 3 seconds.

Not saying that the Leviathon punch was less impressive. My comments were towards the Lee Hulk lowballing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.