Heimdell vs. Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Not much feats for Heimdall in the movie cept killing a few frost giants however he does have some great comic book feats. But lets base both there powers off the movies.

Sword fight to the death.

Silent Master
Heimdall survived being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters, not to mention that he was able to shatter the ice by basically flexing his muscles.

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
Heimdall survived being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters, not to mention that he was able to shatter the ice by basically flexing his muscles.

Yup very true. But they are both demi gods so it would be a cool fight.

KingD19
Achilles isn't a Demi-God in the movie.

Heimdall however is probably near Thor in terms of capability. And Achilles wouldn't be able to hurt him.

Supra
Im pretty sure he is a demigod

red sabre
i dont know who Heimdell is but can he survive if achilles cut his eyes? stub him in the throat?

Supra
Originally posted by red sabre
i dont know who Heimdell is but can he survive if achilles cut his eyes? stub him in the throat?

Heimdell is a Norse god and gatekeeper of Asgaurd as well as guardian of the rainbow bridge.
http://marvel.com/universe/Heimdall

Silent Master

The guy from the Thor movie that guarded the Bi-frost bridge, survived being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters, shattered the ice block by basically flexing his muscles. Had senses sharp enough to see/hear across dimensions.

red sabre
well i dont know how we can compare, 1 is a comic book/mythology character and the other is a movie/mythology character.

in the movies we didnt see feats from Heimdell to understand whats his level overall, however i dont think he can compare to achilles as far as speed, tactics, battle experience.
i think it all comes down to can achilles hurt him or not, if Heimdell is as durable as your average asgardian than achilles wins.

Silent Master
Seeing as the average asgardian is multiple times stronger and more durable than a human, how would being an "average" asgardian allow Achilles to win?

Supra
Seeing as the average asgardian is multiple times stronger and more durable than a human, how would being an "average" asgardian allow Achilles to win?

Are all normal Asgaurdian warriors considered demigods?

red sabre

because this is not about strength, its about can achilles cut him or not, and even thor himself has sometimes issues with being got, there is a difference between a blunt force durability or energy projection durability and cutting durability, i think someone like achilles can cut an asgardian, achilles with a swing cut thru a golden statue.
and even if achilles see he is having trouble cutting the average asgardian he will just cut their eyes, tendons, ears, throats... this is achilles we are talking about the greatest warrior earth has ever known in mythology.
if you want to involve comics into this then it wouldnt make sense already it will be too much of a mixture.

Silent Master
Demigod means half god, Hercules was considered a demigod because his mother was mortal.

The Asgardians are considered full gods.

Silent Master
because this is not about strength, its about can achilles cut him or not, and even thor himself has sometimes issues with being got, there is a difference between a blunt force durability or energy projection durability and cutting durability, i think someone like achilles can cut an asgardian, achilles with a swing cut thru a golden statue.
and even if achilles see he is having trouble cutting the average asgardian he will just cut their eyes, tendons, ears, throats... this is achilles we are talking about the greatest warrior earth has ever known in mythology.
if you want to involve comics into this then it wouldnt make sense already it will be too much of a mixture.

Movie Thor was only cut once and that was by Loki's dagger, the same daggers that were one-shot killing Frost Giants in the first movie.

Supra

I forgot about that cut through Apollos golden statue. Thats some serious strength and he could throw a spear as far and as accurate as he deemed nesasary.

Supra
Demigod means half god, Hercules was considered a demigod because his mother was mortal.

All Asgaurdians are considered full gods, even the regular soldiers and regular citizens?

red sabre

ok first of all lest make order in this, are we discussing comics asgardians or mythological asgardians or movie asgardians? movie asgardians have no feats, mythological asgardians dont have feats aside of the gods themselves as odin loki baldar atc atc.
if we are discussing comics asgardians then they are not gods, however if we go by comics standards then anyone above human can be considered a god, comics is downplaying gods very much, however as far as comics asgardians never presented anything to put them any where near thor or a freakin god, maybe they are physically superiar to humans but thats about it, i know you are wanking asgard and anything that has anything to do with thor and odin but dont make things up, asgardians are jus tphysically superior to humans in several ways thats it, if we go deeper into the argument i can say asgardians probably present as much above human feats as spartans, in my eyes asgardians are just like the spartans.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Supra
All Asgaurdians are considered full gods, even the regular soldiers and regular citizens?

As none of the ones in the movie were stated to have a mortal parent, yes.

KingD19
Gold is one of the softest metals in existence. A normal guy with enough force in his swing could cut through a hollow piece of gold.

Silent Master
ok first of all lest make order in this, are we discussing comics asgardians or mythological asgardians or movie asgardians? movie asgardians have no feats, mythological asgardians dont have feats aside of the gods themselves as odin loki baldar atc atc.
if we are discussing comics asgardians then they are not gods, however if we go by comics standards then anyone above human can be considered a god, comics is downplaying gods very much, however as far as comics asgardians never presented anything to put them any where near thor or a freakin god, maybe they are physically superiar to humans but thats about it, i know you are wanking asgard and anything that has anything to do with thor and odin but dont make things up, asgardians are jus tphysically superior to humans in several ways thats it, if we go deeper into the argument i can say asgardians probably present as much above human feats as spartans, in my eyes asgardians are just like the spartans.

Name which Spartans could survive being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters and then later shatter the ice block by basically flexing his muscles.

Supra
in my eyes asgardians are just like the spartans.

You read my mind

Silent Master
You read my mind

Which of the Spartans could survive a hit from the Destroyer, Like Volstagg did?

red sabre
Name which Spartans could survive being frozen by the Casket of Ancient Winters and then later shatter the ice block by basically flexing his muscles.

again lets make order, thats already not the average asgardian thats already Heimdell, now as far as that scene i will have to watch that scene again to see the context behind it.

red sabre
Which of the Spartans could survive a hit from the Destroyer, Like Volstagg did?

you are bringing comics into this and volstagg isnt the average asgardian he is above the average, average asgardian which means just your regular citizen is the same as a spartan, physically superior to a human but nothing special.

Silent Master
you are bringing comics into this and volstagg isnt the average asgardian he is above the average, average asgardian which means just your regular citizen is the same as a spartan, physically superior to a human but nothing special.

I'm talking about feats from the movies.

Supra

Volstagg didn't get hit with a direct hit. If he had he would have been killed, also Volstagg is part of the warriors three, the elite group of fighters that fights along side Thor, he is not a normal Asguardian nor is he a god imo.

Silent Master
Volstagg didn't get hit with a direct hit. If he had he would have been killed, also Volstagg is part of the warriors three the elite group of fighters that fights along side Thor, he is not a normal Asguardian imo.

He did take a direct hit, or did you miss the part where he was thrown towards the Destroyer and then knocked away?

Supra
He did take a direct hit, or did you miss the part where he was thrown towards the Destroyer and then knocked away?

Well now I got to fire up Thor and watch it again, give me a moment,

red sabre
I'm talking about feats from the movies.

ok if we discuss the movies then the average asgardian doesnt have feats and we will focues on Heimdell, his only feat is the one you mentioned and i will look at the scene to see the context behind it, however even by flexing muscles and breaking ice shows strength, strength is not relevant if you get your throat cut or impaled by freakin achilles, if those are the only feats Heimdell has as far as the movie then first of all this thread is pointless, second of all achilles wins.

Supra
HAhA this is great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=IWzO3n50FEE&feature=fvwp

Newjak
again lets make order, thats already not the average asgardian thats already Heimdell, now as far as that scene i will have to watch that scene again to see the context behind it. You seem to be all over the place with what your saying.

I'm going by just movies here.

Achilles was only ever hinted at being demi-god in the movie and was never confirmed. In fact one of his statements makes it seem as if he isn't a demi-god at all just an incredibly gifted human being in fighting and physical traits.

Heimdall doesn't have a lot of feats but thanks to other Asgardians and Avengers we know how tough those guys are.

Loki you wasn't any stronger physically than the Warriors 3 or Sif took a bullet to the face without any injury. Their armor was also bullet proof as shown in Avengers once again thanks to Loki.

So the Frost Giants were able to hurt bullet-proof beings the Casket is a Forst Giants powers on massive Steroids and Heimdall survived that.

achilles using a sword isn't cutting an Asgardian who is bullet proof and can take an attack that would kill bullet proof beings.

the ninjak
Weird thread.

Heimdall massacres Achilles!

Asgardian durability is through the roof on film.

I wouldn't be surprised if Heimdall could just stand still as Achilles swiped his petty weapons against him. Laughing as the items broke.

Heimdall 100/100.

This shouldn't have lasted more than 5 posts!

Zack Fair
Movie Thor was only cut once and that was by Loki's dagger, the same daggers that were one-shot killing Frost Giants in the first movie. I always thought there had to be magic involved for that puny thing to pierce armored Thor. Now it makes sense thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Weird thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if Heimdall could just stand still as Achilles swiped his petty weapons against him. Laughing as the items broke.

Heimdall 100/100.

This pretty much. But the Achilles wankery in the MVF is epic.

Silent Master

I blame the guy that kept wanting to talk about the comics and mythology, rather than what was shown in the movies.

the ninjak
I blame the guy that kept wanting to talk about the comics and mythology, rather than what was shown in the movies.

I'm fine with people talking mythology. But there is no way this fight can go any other way.

Even in mythological standards. Heimdallr is leagues above the Achilles of myth.

Utrigita
Weird thread.

Heimdall 100/100.

co-signed.

FrothByte
I originally didn't post on this thread because I thought the outcome should be obvious. Don't know how it reached two pages.

As great as Achilles is (and he's one of the best swordsmen in the MvF) he just doesn't stand a chance against an Asgardian... any asgardian. And I'm assuming that to be tasked with guarding the bifrost you need to be pretty high up in the warrior scale to get that job.

Newjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
I originally didn't post on this thread because I thought the outcome should be obvious. Don't know how it reached two pages.

As great as Achilles is (and he's one of the best swordsmen in the MvF) he just doesn't stand a chance against an Asgardian... any asgardian. And I'm assuming that to be tasked with guarding the bifrost you need to be pretty high up in the warrior scale to get that job. The only other person Heimdall was ever compared to was Odin when Loki asked "You have great power Hiemdall did Odin ever fear?"

Mindset
Heimdall is the protector of Rainbow Bridge, he would be above Volstagg etc. in hierarchy/power. The only ones above him are Odin and Thor.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindset
Heimdall is the protector of Rainbow Bridge, he would be above Volstagg etc. in hierarchy/power. The only ones above him are Odin and Thor. He did take the Frost Giants super weapon head on and survived and even managed to break free. Considering what a normal Frost Giant was shown to be able to do that is quite a feat in its own right.

Like I said I don't Achilles would be able to slice him at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.