Battle of the Battlemasters!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Kao-Cen Darach

V.S

Raskta Lsu

V.S

Cin Drallig

V.S

Kyle Katarn

Q99
Lesse, pretty tough one, they're all fairly good.

Kao-Cen was strong, but did lose to Malgus, so not him.

Raskta Lsu was incredible with lightsabers and was able to handle Orbalisk Bane, though she's lacking in force power. Not the biggest disadvantage against this blade-focused lot!

Cin Dralliq put up a pretty good fight with Anakin in saber, no small feat, and had some skill in force powers, more than the above two.

And Kyle Katarn definitely has shown the best force-powers of the lot, as well as being an excellent duelist.

I'd say Kyle Katarn wins overall. He's got enough force power to gain an edge on Lsu in that area, and respected/feared as one of the best with a blade in his era too.

axel_jovan
Yeah, overall Katarn edges it out.

Q99
In sabers, I'd probably rate them Raskta Lsu > Katarn > Cin Dralliq > Kao-Cen Darach.

Raskta Lsu at top because she had to rely on sabers alone so much.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
Kao-Cen was strong, but did lose to Malgus, so not him.
He struck down Vindican (Malgus's Sith Master). He also prevented Malgus from killing Shan during the same encounter.

Originally posted by Q99
Cin Dralliq put up a pretty good fight with Anakin in saber, no small feat, and had some skill in force powers, more than the above two.
Any description of this fight? He seems to be the weakest link in this list.

Originally posted by Q99
And Kyle Katarn definitely has shown the best force-powers of the lot, as well as being an excellent duelist.

I'd say Kyle Katarn wins overall. He's got enough force power to gain an edge on Lsu in that area, and respected/feared as one of the best with a blade in his era too.
He is the most explored character within this list. This is why comparison subjectively goes in his favor.

I believe that Kao would be a match for him.

Originally posted by Q99
In sabers, I'd probably rate them Raskta Lsu > Katarn > Cin Dralliq > Kao-Cen Darach.
Available evidence suggests that Drallig is the weakest link in this list.

Q99
Yea, but still, it was Malgus at the end of his training under a master, not Malgus at his top.

Video game!

Cutscene bits at 3:10 and 4:18.

I will admit before I saw this I rated him pretty low too.

It's not just amount of exposure, he faces impressive foes.

Ben "cA" Risa
Don't those parts of the game contradict the movie?

Also how good actually is Kyle Katarn?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but still, it was Malgus at the end of his training under a master, not Malgus at his top.
So?

HoT, at the end of his training for knighthood, defeated Bengel Morr in single combat; a fallen Jedi who rag-dolled Orgus Din in front of him. Should we question Din's capabilities then? (A battle-hardened Jedi Master who easily collapsed a cave during his first encounter with HoT in Tython)

Originally posted by Q99
Video game!

Cutscene bits at 3:10 and 4:18.
The only noteworthy feat of Drallig is him Force-pushing Darth Vader. However, does this make him an elite? No.

As an example: Savage Opress send Darth Sidious packing with his Force push. However, the former was no match for latter in power and skill.

Originally posted by Q99
I will admit before I saw this I rated him pretty low too.
He is the weakest link in this list.

Originally posted by Q99
It's not just amount of exposure, he faces impressive foes.
Vindican is an example of an impressive foe. SWTORE regards him as a noteworthy figure.

Darach heavily outclasses Drallig in both skill and power, as per available evidence.

- Darach handled Vindican and Malgus simultaneously for a reasonable amount of time and managed to impale one of them in the process.
- Darach was so proficient in lightsaber combat that he was able to effectively duel with both single and dual-bladed lightsabers simultaneously.
- Darach was capable of matching a Sith Inquisitor with his Force powers. The Jedi Master even hurled a Starship engine towards Malgus like a missile.

Q99
There was also swordplay involved, meaning he was able to defend himself from Vader's saber for awhile.

Mizukage Yoda
I am disappointed that in the Clone Wars series we never got more feats from Drallig. Seemed like wasted character potential to me. I had hoped the final temple arc we'd see him in action. It added some drama to the idea of Anakin murdering him but that's about it.

Q99
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
I am disappointed that in the Clone Wars series we never got more feats from Drallig. Seemed like wasted character potential to me. I had hoped the final temple arc we'd see him in action. It added some drama to the idea of Anakin murdering him but that's about it.

I think he still doesn't register as a significant character to most fans. I mean, movie remake games tend not to get a lot of canon attention, and that fight from the movie remake game seems to be one of his biggest 'star' moments. Once a character gets a significant role, they tend to get more (Shaak Ti in Clone Wars then getting the Force Unleashed, for example), but that's a process they each gotta go through and Dralliq isn't there yet, and might not get there at all.

And SW has so many characters to possibly develop, they can't do all of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.