Morlun vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOneFirestorm
Scenario One 2 Days of Prep

Scenario Two
Random Encounter

Scenario Three
Random Encounter

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/5/40/4c0030c2248cc/detail.png

http://threatqualitypress.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/aquaman1.jpg

-Pr-
Almost certain this has been done before.

Anyway, Morlun.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Almost certain this has been done before.

Anyway, Morlun.

Based on?

-Pr-
I just don't see Aquaman putting him down. If he had his telepathy, then maybe I could see it, as I don't recall Morlun having great TP resistance showings.

In terms of strength and durability, Morlun would have to be above Arthur, I think.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
I just don't see Aquaman putting him down. If he had his telepathy, then maybe I could see it, as I don't recall Morlun having great TP resistance showings.

In terms of strength and durability, Morlun would have to be above Arthur, I think.

Totally disagree, the feats he has aren't enough to place him above Authur even sans tp. The adamantium netting feat ( it was never stated that it was true adamantium) is the only instance that shows he has arguably close strength levels. And he still falls short in the feat department when directly compared to AM. Inanimate objects ( bullets, missiles, etc) are notorious jobbers. And toying with Spider-Man doesnt suggest he can go the distance with heralds.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Totally disagree, the feats he has aren't enough to place him above Authur even sans tp. The adamantium netting feat ( it was never stated that it was true adamantium) is the only instance that shows he has arguably close strength levels. And he still falls short in the feat department when directly compared to AM. Inanimate objects ( bullets, missiles, etc) are notorious jobbers. And toying with Spider-Man doesnt suggest he can go the distance with heralds.

So you think Arthur could stroll through Wakanda's military the way Morlun did?

He wouldn't.

I mean, this is me. I want to say Aquaman wins. ermm

Sin I AM
Hmmmm I dunno, that was more of a durability feat than anything else

SamZED
Does current AM has that magic hand thing? Just the necessary plot device that might get the job done. As for tp.. im not sure. At times Morlun appeared as some sort of ghost, dunno if tp would work. But no actualt tp resistance feats from Morlun.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SamZED
Does current AM has that magic hand thing? Just the necessary plot device that might get the job done. As for tp.. im not sure. At times Morlun appeared as some sort of ghost, dunno if tp would work. But no actualt tp resistance feats from Morlun.

ghost? when did this happen

SamZED
Originally posted by Sin I AM
ghost? when did this happen The same story when he killed Pete. Shouldve specified, he wasnt ghost-looking. Its just he got into MJ's apartment and she had no idea he was there. He also flew right past Wolverine and Logan couldn't see, hear or even smell him. He was only visible to his prey (Pete) at that moment.

-Pr-
How did he do it?

Aquaman has some pretty good senses.

SamZED
No idea. One of his powers I assume.

curryman
It's difficult to say what is absorption and what isn't with Morlun.

When he fought man-ape and the dozen or so humans we see him fight on panel he mostly absorbs their life-force. That's why he's glowing when they turn to skeletons and not when he just kills them. It's pretty obvious that he needs to be actively defending against something to stop it, otherwise the hyperbole in the yellow-boxes make absolutely no sense considering that;

a) Shuri pierced him with a spear and made him bleed.

http://i.imgur.com/JwSGGuP.jpg

b) He was affected (albeit slightly) from a kick to the face.

http://i.imgur.com/9AYStnJ.jpg

There's also the fact that he connected several blows with both Shuri and Spider-Man. You'd think that someone with Hulk/Thor+ level strength would be able to do some actual damage with one-hit when he's actively trying to kill them.

There's also the matter of Hudlin' Morlun being summoned and not even realizing that Shuri had the totem until he stood right in front of her, where as JMS Morlun actively sought out Spidey, and Peter felt the ominous dread approach.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.